Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Katie Cassidy looks way more like Jade then Sophia Bush does.

EDIT: Oh you we're talking about VA's i was thinking it was overall look, my bad. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, not even going the route of looks. Just the voices. I love Sophia Bush for Jade

Reactions: jiren1738

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Don't think it's inherently doomed to fail. Bella obviously has some big internal issues that we don't really have a good grasp on yet aside from little hints here and there every episode. But if she can move past whatever her trauma seems to be then I think she should be able to have a healthy relationship with the protagonist.
Even if she overcomes her "problems," I don't see a long term relationship working out between a 36-yr-old college librarian and a teenage student man whore. Bella isn't my main LI, but she's like a train wreck I can't look away from. I have to find out how it will ultimately crumble.

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
Let me share some thoughts about something that has been mentioned here before....Acting Lessons...

Personally I bought and started playing AL after buying Being a DIK on Steam. I enjoyed the game, truly did, until tragedy stuck. I found that emotionally heavy to the point of being impossible to me to play it again. Traumatizing, I say!

Being a DIK is way more upbeat, I personally don't believe that we could see something of that magnitude happening here. Although Jill needs some kind of wake-up call to shake her "perfection", I wouldn't like any tragic events to take place with her, or with any other character here, not even Quinn.

Regarding Quinn: To me, she more than made up her way from side biatch to a genuine LI. I wouldn't like to see a possible ending with her being like an "if everything else fails" ending. I think she has way more value than that. Judging by her background (at least part of it) being shown in this episode, she deserves some respect and affection. Not to mention her sex scene with MC (amazing one!).

Maya became my biggest disappointment to this point. I'm tired of her slow progress, if I can call it that, regarding having sex with MC properly. I see a fire between MC and Josy burning waaaaaaaaaay brighter than between MC and Maya....

And yes, unfortunately some paths are going to start to be locked... We could see it this episode, when choosing Jill....

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yeah, I couldn't go with your list at all.
I dug a bit deeper into the realm of voice actresses. The only famous actress I came up with was for Quinn, and that was Eliza Dushku. The rest are voice actresses for real, mostly no actual screen credits.
Sage=Leah Arscott
Quinn=Eliza Dushku
Bella=Genevra Croft
Maya=Clark Sarullo
Josy=Sarah Raines
Ariela=Dervla Trainor
Jill=Keaton Talmadge
Cathy=Jennifer Hale
Jade=Sophia Bush
Camila=Hillary Hawkins
Nicole/Envy=Alicia Perrone

These strictly represent my own opinions, but now that I have these voices in my head with the renders, I have to go take care of some business.
:D
Sarah Raines' voice is too low for Josy for me, I always imagined she'd have a high voice, annoyingly high even.

Sophia Bush is a strange choice for Jade. Sexy voice but not commanding enough for Jade.

Alicia Perrone for Nicole - yes.

The rest would probably work too, although Eliza Dushku's voice probably isn't rebellious enough for Quinn even though Dushku is great at playing that role visually.

Reactions: Arigon

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Let me share some thoughts about something that has been mentioned here before....Acting Lessons...

Personally I bought and started playing AL after buying Being a DIK on Steam. I enjoyed the game, truly did, until tragedy stuck. I found that emotionally heavy to the point of being impossible to me to play it again. Traumatizing, I say!

Being a DIK is way more upbeat, I personally don't believe that we could see something of that magnitude happening here. Although Jill needs some kind of wake-up call to shake her "perfection", I wouldn't like any tragic events to take place with her, or with any other character here, not even Quinn.

Regarding Quinn: To me, she more than made up her way from side biatch to a genuine LI. I wouldn't like to see a possible ending with her being like an "if everything else fails" ending. I think she has way more value than that. Judging by her background (at least part of it) being shown in this episode, she deserves some respect and affection. Not to mention her sex scene with MC (amazing one!).

Maya became my biggest disappointment to this point. I'm tired of her slow progress, if I can call it that, regarding having sex with MC properly. I see a fire between MC and Josy burning waaaaaaaaaay brighter than between MC and Maya....

And yes, unfortunately some paths are going to start to be locked... We could see it this episode, when choosing Jill....
Maya would actually be a fun girlfriend irl. She's just not mindblowingly awesome compared to what else is on offer in this game.

Reactions: Kellermann

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Maya would actually be a fun girlfriend irl. She's just not mindblowingly awesome compared to what else is on offer in this game.
See my problem with Maya is how easily she let's other people control her life, she's too "submissive". She was such an amazing character before Josei showed up but then all of her character progression basically reset back to zero. Rather it be Josei or her Dad it seems like she's always following someone else's lead, she needs to grow a backbone and stand up for herself for once.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Slow progress? This is someone who likely spent years believing she was lesbian and in just 3 weeks she's started falling for a guy, made out with him several times including once while fully nude and giving him a thighjob, can have had his dick in her mouth and pussy on 2 separate occasions, and swallowed his cum after cum-swapping with Josy. How is that "slow"? :WaitWhat:

What she is is anxious and nervous, and rightly so. She's never had these feelings before so it's all very new to her. She loves Josy and she really likes the MC, moreso every day it seems, and this sort of relationship with the 3 of them is also something that's new to her and is unconventional, so it's not doing her anxiety any favours, despite how much she might want this relationship.

Let's be honest here; Maya, a previously self-convinced lesbian, can have done a lot more with the MC in 3 weeks than Jill, a straight girl. :ROFLMAO:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
  • I think we'll eventually find out that Jill is slightly mentally touched...
That makes sense. In one scene (I can't remember exactly where) they talk about her being bullied when she was younger. She obviously wasn't bullied because of her looks or wealth, so it has to be something else (probably mental like you said). She doesn't seem to be a dum-dum either. Maybe something she's had to work hard to overcome. It's still there, but she's hiding it? Stutter? Phobia? It has to be something that would be outwardly obvious for her classmates to zero in on. :unsure:

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
  • I had to laugh about the treehouse comment too, at the time I thought, "have you been paying attention lately bro?"
Only argument I have with your comments is I don' think Mel is Chad's side chick, she was in the gym running with Sarah when Chad was talking dirty on the phone. She could have had a bluetooth earpiece, but the rest of the jocks were like only a few feet away. I think her comments regarding the pending breakup and her look in the background when it actually happens were both red herrings.
Chad:
You see the Jocks and Arieth, Mel and Sarah in the Gym while you pass but it's not really clear how quickly you find the changing rooms and what the others are doing in the meantime. Since all the other Jocks are about to go back to the changing rooms after you listen to a call for maybe 1 minute, it would not be shocking that the girls just got ready to leave either and that Mel is currently in the womens chaging room on that call. Or she might have excused herself and currently be in a bathroom. After all with Chad asking "did you like the gift(panties) I sent you?" the call is probably JUST starting.

Treehouse:
That one confused me as well. When Sarah asked I was about to make a ranking in my brain which one MC is gonna consider the wildest place and it went something like.

1. The DIK rooftop.
2. The CUM-petition with an audience not having a clue and cheering us on. Pretty sure I told you about that one already.
3. In our teachers a married womans bathroom, fucking her against the door while she is fighting with her husband on the other side.
4. Does quantity add to how wild the situation is? How about a double-blowjob with audience, another blowjob and 3 fucks during a prep party that I snuck into...in a stolen suit.

So I was a little irritated when MC chose a boring ass treehouse instead xD

The Bush Diver

Feb 21, 2020
See my problem with Maya is how easily she let's other people control her life, she's too "submissive". She was such an amazing character before Josei showed up but then all of her character progression basically reset back to zero. Rather it be Josei or her Dad it seems like she's always following someone else's lead, she needs to grow a backbone and stand up for herself for once.
Exactly, putting up with her lack of a backbone (and consequently her lack of progress) is a true patience test.

Reactions: Malicre

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Stand up for herself and do what exactly?

Reactions: ename144

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Years of living with a likely oppressive, uber-religious father will do that to a person, so I don't see how that's a flaw. She hasn't really been allowed to stand on her own 2 feet and when she did, her true characer shone through, and yes, when Josy arrived she changed, because although she loves Josy, it reminded her of the wedge her Dad is trying to drive between them and of all those distressing feelings. But when Maya doesn't focus on that and things don't happen that remind her of it, she's that same great character you first met, because this is how people are sometimes; they put on a brave face and try not to dwell on the bad stuff, but sometimes you can't help but let the bad feelings in.

Just because she gets down every once in a while because she feels distressed by her current predicament isn't necessarily a black mark against her character, it's just how she is, and I guess there are 2 options for people here; give a shit and help her however you can because it's the right thing to do, or don't give a shit due to a lack of empathy. Me, I choose the former.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes