crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
He's talking about set not the match, Jill always win her set but you can win the match.If you never lost a set for her you only played a one set match, if you play the 3 set match you lose her set.
Not always. If you play perfectly during her set, there's a CHANCE that you might win. I've done it, although with the amount of times I had to reload, it's faster to just lose it and win the third set

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
Not quoting or replying directly because like 8 people talked about it. RE: DPC's upcoming dark ending

All the LIs have a sword dangling above their head right now:
  • Maya/Josy has Maya's religious father holding finances over her
  • Sage has finding out who the cheater is, and potentially losing the presidency coupled with anger issues
  • Bella has her secret and that "I would have called out for help" line
  • Jill is being blackmailed (it's a little more over your head, tbh)
I have a bad feeling you're going to have to pick and choose who to help. You either calm down Sage before she does something she regrets, or you help Bella through whatever. Solve the blackmailing or deal with Maya's dad... So on. That's likely what these big one or the other choices have been leading up to.

Honestly I'm hoping the game follows normal story structure where shit gets really bad for the next few updates, but you can navigate through it and fix most things then get an ending on the same emotional level as the beginning. This game doesn't feel like it's been hinting at being dark enough to feel rightfully like a tragedy. The whiplash worked once in AL but doing it twice might just end with everyone bitter.

I hope the intro is only telling you it will dip into the negative aspects, not end in it.
tbh. Jills issues don't seem to compare to everyone elses at this point.
Sure, she is being blackmailed but her worst outcome (so far - this might change in time) is that she might not be able to jump MCs dick.
The others are a bit more serious.
Worst case Maya is forced to leave college and be stuck in debt with her religious nutjob father likely using that to make her even more dependent on himself.
Sage is technically being set up to take the fall for Quinn and Burke. I get the feeling that this will happen by default in CHICK-playthroughs since you won't be close enough to Quinn and the HOTs to have any influence on this outcome. DIK can probably either help Quinn or at least convince her to do the right thing and not betray her sisters trust.
Bella seems like she is the most likely candidate for the reason the warning was given at the start. If BaDIK ends up having something like a destructive mental breakdown and/or suicide, then so far I can only really see that being part of Bellas plot (or next episode we find out that it's Mona, but I would still question Bellas mental state tbh.).

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Boy Blue

Sep 12, 2020
Not always. If you play perfectly during her set, there's a CHANCE that you might win. I've done it, although with the amount of times I had to reload, it's faster to just lose it and win the third set
Then you should report this to the developer :unsure:, or you crash the game by reloading so much or you found a bug...its a pre established 3 set game if you win the second set it won't be a 3 set game or shouldn't be, even the official walkthrough says that she always win. Props to you this community is more engaged than the beta tester :KEK:

KuroKumo

Mar 13, 2020
I might not have like it but it is what made me a fan of DPC's for life.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You are not the only one. I even struggled to find the cover for the final song
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I would have never even thought that a game like this would be able to make me feel like that.

Reactions: BirdBarclay

TheJoeFish

Oct 7, 2019
I have a bad feeling you're going to have to pick and choose who to help. You either calm down Sage before she does something she regrets, or you help Bella through whatever. Solve the blackmailing or deal with Maya's dad... So on. That's likely what these big one or the other choices have been leading up to.
This is what I'm really excited for, honestly. MC has been on these major paths and they're starting to intersect. Making big, irreversible decisions like this helps to raise the stakes and set the game up for some really interesting stuff heading into future episodes. Story structure-wise, if this season follows the same formula as the last one, then I bet things in Episode 7 will get REALLY bad for a bit. Then Episode 8 -- the season finale -- will leave us with some resolution, though maybe in a darker place than the first season left us, albeit with some glimmers of hope. Assuming that this game is indeed going for at least twelve episodes, it makes sense that we'd begin to really progress in some of these storylines.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
tbh. Jills issues don't seem to compare to everyone elses at this point.
Sure, she is being blackmailed but her worst outcome (so far - this might change in time) is that she might not be able to jump MCs dick.
The others are a bit more serious.
Worst case Maya is forced to leave college and be stuck in debt with her religious nutjob father likely using that to make her even more dependent on himself.
Sage is technically being set up to take the fall for Quinn and Burke. I get the feeling that this will happen by default in CHICK-playthroughs since you won't be close enough to Quinn and the HOTs to have any influence on this outcome. DIK can probably either help Quinn or at least convince her to do the right thing and not betray her sisters trust.
Bella seems like she is the most likely candidate for the reason the warning was given at the start. If BaDIK ends up having something like a destructive mental breakdown and/or suicide, then so far I can only really see that being part of Bellas plot (or next episode we find out that it's Mona, but I would still question Bellas mental state tbh.).
it is not a question of making predictions, just remember in the third chapter the thought of the "MC from the future" which warns against the fact that Bella would have needed help already then

Will MC make it?

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
  • Maya/Josy has Maya's religious father holding finances over her
  • Sage has finding out who the cheater is, and potentially losing the presidency coupled with anger issues
  • Bella has her secret and that "I would have called out for help" line
  • Jill is being blackmailed (it's a little more over your head, tbh)
Maya/Josy - I'll give them my 5K and let them work things out the best they can while I go my separate way
Bella - I'll watch with fascination when she finally breaks and then go my separate way
Jill - I'll send Tybalt and her a watermelon as a wedding present and go my separate way
Quinn - She'll get stabbed to death in a dark alley by a meth head before I step over her lifeless corpse and go my separate way

Sage - If DPC doesn't make her die from Covid then she'll dump me at the last minute and run off with Chad, Caleb, or some other fucking loser while I....yeah.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
Let's not fool ourselves people, something bad indeed will happened soon, everything was too nice and dandy until now, i feel like the things will start to escalate.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
It seems to me that the mod as it is right now doesn't allow this.
Let's take the Jill/Sage choice: mod allow to see both scenes, but in the final recap i got "I choose Sage over Jill" in both girls card maybe beacuse Sage scene is played "last". Same happende in ep.5 between Maya/Josy when Josy's father came to campus.
Hopefully when the game will be his in final state there will be a "complete" mod that will allow everything in a single playthruogh
I chose Jill over Sage, hope she doesn't die from COVID and haunt my ass as a ghost.

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
Maya/Josy - I'll give them my 5K and let them work things out the best they can while I go my separate way
Bella - I'll watch with fascination when she finally breaks and then go my separate way
Jill - I'll send Tybalt and her a watermelon as a wedding present and go my separate way
Quinn - She'll get stabbed to death in a dark alley by a meth head before I step over her lifeless corpse and go my separate way

Sage - If DPC doesn't make her die from Covid then she'll dump me at the last minute and run off with Chad, Caleb, or some other fucking loser while I....yeah.
Damn, maybe the games name was a hint all along.
Being a DIK doesn't actually relate to the fraternity, but it's instead short for "Being a Dik-dik". A Dik-dik is a deer ( ) and just like a deer in headlights once all of these problems start barreling towards us we'll just stand there and do nothing, which will lead to us losing every LI on all paths.
mindblown.gif

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I think it's pointless to try and guess from where the drama can come individually for each love interest. We should look for the great scheme of things. Just rememeber that in AL someone dies for an external force, just a casualty no one expected and for reasons she never was involved at. So I can't rule out anything, probably everything is connected and everyone ends fucked up by Quinn and Burke's exploits except our main girl, and that's only if we've behaved. Intertwined drama.

EDIT.- That said, the MC talks in the intro about finding your own family so maybe it's just a matter of choosing the one that doesn't deceive you after helping her at the best of your abilities. Only DPC knows

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
I'm sorry I can't be friends with you anymore. ;)
Sage for me is too romantically undecided, here's MC who's giving out his soul to make her feel better and she treats him like a fuck buddy even tho he's more than that and here's Sage who's obsessed with Chad to catch him on wrong foot, even when he left her, she still wants to know with who cheated on her.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
MAN!

Doc brutalized almost every redhead in the game except for some of the satellite characters.

1) Ashley got the hammer the least. She's just upset with Derek and is...therefore, further removed from the scenario, at least for the moment. Fortunately nothing bad happened to her at the A&O party which is what I was worried about.

2) Cathy is now a broken, suffering woman, who has submitted her resignation.

3) Mona is a broken, suffering woman who is leaving the college.

4) Sage is broken, suffering AND SICK as a dog!

What the hell, DrPink?

hablat

Jul 24, 2017
Sage for me is too romantically undecided, here's MC who's giving out his soul to make her feel better and she treats him like a fuck buddy even tho he's more than that and here's Sage who's obsessed with Chad to catch him on wrong foot, even when he left her, she still wants to know with who cheated on her.
Big disagree. She's treating him as a romantic interest for sure, but not being honest about it. The phone call, the scene at the HOTs for movie night... The game pretty much looks you in the face and says "hey she like likes you." via Sarah saying

"You don't kiss a side-piece passionately in broad daylight."

Sage is just going through a breakup, probably feeling guilty about even picking you up as a fuckbuddy and then getting feelings despite being in a relationship she was hoping to save. She's bad with emotions. She buries them deep and covers them up, but you can see from her reactions how she feels about things bubbling to the surface.

Dec 1, 2019
Help much needed and appreciated

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 274, in script
python:
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\antiw\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc-lin\BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\antiw\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc-lin\BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 529, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Users\antiw\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc-lin\BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Users\antiw\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc-lin\BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 892, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 274, in script
python:
File "C:\Users\antiw\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc-lin\BeingADIK-0.6.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'start'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Sun Nov 22 21:33:06 2020

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes