Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
:unsure: That's one of my problems with Maya (aside from the whole raping your roommate and prostituting yourself thing). If being with Josy is that critical and she doesn't want to be beholden to her father then she should do what a lot of students do and get a job and your own federal student loan without a cosigner.

If that is too difficult then maybe postpone college and move out of daddy's house and work for a year or two. Josy could do the same thing while living together and sharing expenses with Maya. If their relationship is so important then college can wait. Lots of people move out at 18 and support themselves. Sure, you live like a peasant at first, but that's how life usually goes. Josy can be a twitch streamer and do body painting or something and earn enough for the both of them in a year. Hell, just play some games on twitch while showing cleavage and you'll make a good living as a woman (no prostitution necessary).

Of course, in the end, I'll end up giving her my 5K like a simp anyway so don't listen to me. :giggle:
Thank you, someone with some common sense.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Shes over 18, she can change her life if she wants too, jesus christ you guys act like shes a child who needs protection 24/7.
Some do. Turning 18 doesn't automatically make you a super confident, self-reliant person who needs no help from anybody. There are people who have lived sheltered lives, who were bullied or marginalised at school or even at home, who haven't developed proper social skills, etc. Being 18 means that you can start to go out into the world and develop these, you can start to learn to take care of yourself, to stand on your own 2 feet, and to learn how to tackle the everyday problems life throws at you.

Maya's only been out on her own for 3 weeks and so still needs time to find herself and to grow as a person. A big part of that is having a good support structure around her, which is what anyone should have, and she's got that right now with Josy, Derek, and the MC (either as a lover or a friend). She does want things to be different and these people, as well as any other friends she makes, can help her, but right now she needs their support and part of that may involve an element of proteection, particularly from her Dad.

Those 10$ and 65$ are minigame money. They are not the same "currency" as the 5000$.
Yes, but fixing windows for an entire house, especially a mansion with that many windows, does not cost $65. If $5000 is actually $5000 and not representative of something, then it's bad game design to have 3 different monetary levels in the game. Before this we just had the singular $ currency which represented some denotion, but we didn't need to know how much, now we have 2 numbered denotions, both of which seems way lower than you'd expect. If the MC can repair mansion windows with $65, then $5000 should surely stretch more than just paying for Maya's tuition or paying off Quinn's debts.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
if we are in relationship with her, Bella comes to help us without our explicit choice.

otherwise it should be possible to decide to accept her help if either we went to her bookstore in the third chapter, or we made a move on her. but it is not very clear to me.

now I have the doubt that it is a step to eventually recover the relationship with Bella, a kind of last chance, or DPC wants us to be aware of Bella's "mental / psychological" problems, if we had skipped the scene of the third chapter
AFAICT the Bella scene cleaning up the MC's new room is governed by three prior decisions.

If the MC did not visit Bella in the library in Episode 3 (and subsequently make out with her), Bella will not call the MC at all.

If the MC did visit Bella in Episode 3, Bella will call the MC offering to help clean his room. What happens next depends on whether or not the MC has had any lewd scenes with Bella.

If the MC got Bella's lewd scene in Episode 4 (which requires staying with her during the episode), or her lewd scene in Episode 5, the MC will automatically accept Bella's offer (and even turn down Maya & Josy's offer if he is on their path). This will automatically lead to a lewd scene with her once the cleaning is done.

If the MC visited Bella in the library in Episode 3 but did not make any move on her in Episodes 4 or 5, the MC will have the option to accept or reject Bella's offer of help. If he accepts, it plays out as above. If he rejects, there is no lewd scene with Bella. The MC will note that he did not want to lead her on and is no longer pursuing a relationship with her.
Ep6_Bella_declined_blurb.jpg

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Remember though that a one year, VIP pass to the Pink Rose was only $10 and fixing the windows is $65, both of which are way lower than what you'd expect them to cost in the real world, so $5000 might be a lot more than it seems. Yes, the MC's reaction isn't quite what you'd expect if $5000 in this world is like $50,000 or $500,000 in the real world, but it could be the equivalent of that.

It is an issue though that, after 5 chapters of one $ denoting a certain amount of currency, DPC has now added number values to the money and thrown everything off balance. I would imagine that, given the cost of the VIP pass and windows, that it might be the case that the number value has at least 2 missing zeroes, so the pass would be $1000 and the windows $6500, which would make the $5000 he's got $500,000. If that were the case, he could easily fix the mansion, give Maya tuition money, and help Quinn out, but of course, DPC won't allow that and it will be yet another case of us not being able to do something we really could do because they want us to suffer for our choices.

if the inheritance is 500.000 € MC seems to me quite ungrateful ...

mariaskare

Aug 25, 2020
No, he wasn't an addict. He was an investor, or something like that, someone who made their money on the stock market.
Ah yes cripto investor , i just got flashback when i saw his jacket and hoodie , its the same used and the end of AL when he mets with leah after "THAT" choice

bandar

Nov 2, 2020
What's the deal with Jakob's paintings? Is it something we'll get in ep.7? Because I've bought some and didn't get any

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
:unsure: That's one of my problems with Maya (aside from the whole raping your roommate and prostituting yourself thing). If being with Josy is that critical and she doesn't want to be beholden to her father then she should do what a lot of students do and get a job and your own federal student loan without a cosigner.

If that is too difficult then maybe postpone college and move out of daddy's house and work for a year or two. Josy could do the same thing while living together and sharing expenses with Maya. If their relationship is so important then college can wait. Lots of people move out at 18 and support themselves. Sure, you live like a peasant at first, but that's how life usually goes. Josy can be a twitch streamer and do body painting or something and earn enough for the both of them in a year. Hell, just play some games on twitch while showing cleavage and you'll make a good living as a woman (no prostitution necessary).

Of course, in the end, I'll end up giving her my 5K like a simp anyway so don't listen to me. :giggle:
I don't think that's fair to Maya.

Her explanation at the end of Episode 6 makes it clear that the problem isn't lack of work ethic, it's that her father has the means to immediately bankrupt her if she does not do as he commands. She doesn't have the option of moving out and living on her own for a while to build up money because her father would forbid that, too (just has he wouldn't let her get a summer job previously).

I agree the explanation for WHY Maya is in this predicament makes no sense (cosigning does not work that way!), but that's a problem with the narrative, not the character.

Reactions: urano1981

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Yes, but fixing windows for an entire house, especially a mansion with that many windows, does not cost $65. If $5000 is actually $5000 and not representative of something, then it's bad game design to have 3 different monetary levels in the game. Before this we just had the singular $ currency which represented some denotion, but we didn't need to know how much, now we have 2 numbered denotions, both of which seems way lower than you'd expect. If the MC can repair mansion windows with $65, then $5000 should surely stretch more than just paying for Maya's tuition or paying off Quinn's debts.
Again, it's a currency for a minigame, it's never used in dialogue. It's easier for the management minigame to have it's own currency separeted from the regular money the MC has, which also doesn't correspond to the amount of dollars in dialogues (except when a meal costs $$ but not "two dollars") You'll never see anyone mentioning that windows cost 65$ ingame. It's just a minigame.

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017
Neutral is a good path to be able to get lots of content with the main girls and it is a path that presents a more balanced and flexible MC, but it's frustrating for always being aligned with the CHICK path rather than being the flexible middle ground it should be by aligning with both paths. There are a few instances where it's stated you have to have Neutral or CHICK affinity to be able to something, but never Neutral or DIK affinity even though, as you say, Neutral should be the non-black and white affinity and should logically allow for certain events aligned to DIK to happen provided certain conditions are met.

For example, Quinn accepting the MC's help in Ep 6 should be one of those things that works on the Neutral path provided he took her number, used her services, won the cum-petition, and had sex with her in Ep 4. Here he's done a lot with her individually, but his flexible Neutral affinity makes him someone who has DIK-ish tendencies, if that's what Quinn likes, so there really isn't much reason why she should turn him down.
But it is, I did it twice, as you can do pretty dickish things as long as the major choices split is about even. I have what 72/70 split to Dik and Chick choices leaning in Dik but not really and Quinn accepted the help just fine. Which was even more surprising in the second run as I had the Chick affinity after not punching Tybalt because its dumb but fought Tommy in 6 (about time he got a bit of a beatdown to get his ass in gear).The first time I haven't done any of her stuff either.

I don't think we have the same understanding of Neutral.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

I try to make sense of what happened in the game.

I think Maya was taken aback by her father's actions. once they had obtained the loan she was calm, but then her father imposed the ultimatum on her, so Maya found free tution as an emergency solution. with college started it's credible that it was late to look for a job, and she couldn't even plan to postpone a year not knowing if Josy would ever join her. at this point I think if Josy never showed up Maya would have accepted her father's money.

we would have to understand what Derek tells her on the evening of the third chapter, when he establishes that he must necessarily rely on free tuition.

and then, but this is my guess, the loan requested with her father prevents her from asking for another one, being already exposed for the first.

but Maya's behavior remains passive

we will save her

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think that's fair to Maya.

Her explanation at the end of Episode 6 makes it clear that the problem isn't lack of work ethic, it's that her father has the means to immediately bankrupt her if she does not do as he commands. She doesn't have the option of moving out and living on her own for a while to build up money because her father would forbid that, too (just has he wouldn't let her get a summer job previously).

I agree the explanation for WHY Maya is in this predicament makes no sense (cosigning does not work that way!), but that's a problem with the narrative, not the character.
does not hold up as much

if Maya has requested the loan with the guarantee of her father (it is a student loan), Maya does not risk anything. it's all the father's responsibility

but above all, what are you risking if you don't even withdraw this money?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
AFAICT the Bella scene cleaning up the MC's new room is governed by three prior decisions.

If the MC did not visit Bella in the library in Episode 3 (and subsequently make out with her), Bella will not call the MC at all.

If the MC did visit Bella in Episode 3, Bella will call the MC offering to help clean his room. What happens next depends on whether or not the MC has had any lewd scenes with Bella.

If the MC got Bella's lewd scene in Episode 4 which requires staying with her during the episode), or her lewd scene in Episode 5, the MC will automatically accept Bella's offer (and even turn down Maya & Josy's offer if he is on their path). This will automatically lead to a lewd scene with her once the cleaning is done.

If the MC visited Bella in the library in Episode 3 but did not make any move on her in Episodes 4 or 5, the MC will have the option to accept or reject Bella's offer of help. If he accepts, it plays out as above. If he rejects, there is no lewd scene with Bella. The MC will note that he did not want to lead her on and is no longer pursuing a relationship with her.
View attachment 912477
:oops::oops::oops::oops: now I understand

but it makes less sense than I thought

Jan 15, 2019
if the inheritance is 500.000 € MC seems to me quite ungrateful ...
i think 5000 is enough to pay a college fee in game

by not much his father meant that 5k will not make them rich or will improve their economic status

If it is too much then there will be no drama as he can solve each girl problem easily but it is not too less . It is enough to solve one girl problem whether it is maya or quinn etc.

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes