Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I get your point but I don't think having the MC fight her battles is what Maya needs. That's just replacing her Father with another man that she is dependent on.
It's not about him fighting her battle for her, but giving her an example to follow, to wake her up to the fact that she can do as he does and that this will help her break free of her Dad, even if it hurts her to do so. Imagine if the MC stands up for her but her Dad stubbornly refuses to listen or care what he has to say, then he tries to tell her to pack her things and prepare to leave; having seen the MC's example, Maya could flat-out say 'no' and, using some of that courage she found when she slapped Quinn, finally stand up to him because the MC, in his defiance, showed her that she can do the same.

This would, of course, be something of an ideal scenario and should honestly be how it goes because it would be good character development, but I'm not holding my breath given that DPC seems to forego such things in favour of characters making questionable decisions in order to drive heavy drama plots.

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
On another note, since I'm trying to write the repair minigame "guide" in a more easily digestible form and checked the changelogs to see this:

v0.6.1
- Fixed a bug with Episode 6 gender class that could happen if you didn't play mini-games.
- Fixed a bug with the episode report for Sage.
- Fixed a bug that didn't show season 2 perfect classes in the episode report.
- Updated pricing of Experience and Dumpster in the mansion minigame.
- Corrected typos
Does anyone that didn't update from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1 but made a fresh 0.6.1 install know what those changes were?
Pretty sure both of these cost 1$ per level for me in 0.6.0 and they seem to cost the same in 0.6.1 o_O

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
It's not about him fighting her battle for her, but giving her an example to follow, to wake her up to the fact that she can do as he does and that this will help her break free of her Dad, even if it hurts her to do so. Imagine if the MC stands up for her but her Dad stubbornly refuses to listen or care what he has to say, then he tries to tell her to pack her things and prepare to leave; having seen the MC's example, Maya could flat-out say 'no' and, using some of that courage she found when she slapped Quinn, finally stand up to him because the MC, in his defiance, showed her that she can do the same.
I don't see how that needs to be the MC that does that since her girlfriend or brother would make more sense than a guy she has only known for a few weeks. Plus if her father really does have control over her loan then her standing up to him changes nothing and he can just take it away.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Maya doesn't bring it up either, and she was just having sex with the MC literally minutes before Josy walked through the door. Also, Josy was more honest, she told MC that she was in a relationship, before leading him on so she wouldn't have to be lonely. Maya never told MC that there was someone else in her life, and this after demanding 100% honesty from the MC.

Look, I know how it is with your favorite LI, I feel the same way about Sage. But a lot of the problems in this so called plot stem from Maya and Josy's selfishness. And the biggest flaw in this game, IMHO is that they are never brought to task for it.
it is a reasoning already addressed.
Maya says she was convinced the relationship was practically over, until proven otherwise we have to believe her and for sure she did not know that Josy was coming, and that she would never make it to the BR

she is not 100% convincing but this is it, Mc believes her, and it is up to us to believe her too.

DPC writes, in my opinion voluntarily, Maya in order to create a certain resentment towards her, practically immediately.
I do a quick recap of how DPC makes Maya "unpleasant" to players (not all of course), I am of course referring to players who had an interest in Maya
1) at the end of the movie night in bed MC declares his feelings, that was the moment Maya should have stopped him and she doesn't
2) on the evening of the grinding, we are bombarded with Maya's thoughts (in retrospect it is very clear that Maya is a Lesbian, but at that moment we are not understanding it) and they are all "selfish", all about the sensations of her body and the fact that she believes what she feels is wrong, even when she kisses Mc she tries to think of Josy (we don't know then that it is Josy, but this is)
3) when MC reunites with Maya after the cum-petition, she doesn't mention the grinding, but asks him to help her, making out with her. a request I would say quite tactless, as well as useless since MC is not a DIK yet. on that occasion MC can ask Maya to talk about it later, which seems to me the only sensible thing to do
4) when MC returns to the dormitory he finds Maya in the dark, in the most depressing scene of the game, and he has to force her to be able to talk

in my opinion at that moment the damage between the players and Maya is already done, the end of chapter 3 only takes away the hope that they were only misunderstandings

JCD32

Oct 30, 2017
I've been playing this since at least the 3rd episode and I've enjoyed playing as a huge DIK. But is there really any point to play as a DIK? In the game if you play as a DIK you are only morally aligned with Sage since being a DIK almost always gets points with her. Alternatively, being a CHICK, you have the rest of the main girls available. Quinn and the other girls in HOT are cool but they're side girls so I really don't see any endgame involving them. It really feels like being a DIK is like the fun choice while being a chick feels like the good choice.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

This would, of course, be something of an ideal scenario and should honestly be how it goes because it would be good character development, but I'm not holding my breath given that DPC seems to forego such things in favour of characters making questionable decisions in order to drive heavy drama plots.

I also hope so

that Maya's father is facing a girl much stronger than the one he had controlled up to now, a girl made sure by the love and support of Josy and MC

I hope so, but I really don't believe in it

Jan 15, 2019
I also hope so

that Maya's father is facing a girl much stronger than the one he had controlled up to now, a girl made sure by the love and support of Josy and MC

I hope so, but I really don't believe in it
the only thing she can do which will make her look stronger infront of her father is by paying her college fee herself , any other thing is just a cope

Ploate

Jun 6, 2020
On another note, since I'm trying to write the repair minigame "guide" in a more easily digestible form and checked the changelogs to see this:

Does anyone that didn't update from 0.6.0 to 0.6.1 but made a fresh 0.6.1 install know what those changes were?
Pretty sure both of these cost 1$ per level for me in 0.6.0 and they seem to cost the same in 0.6.1 o_O
The update clarified that the experience and dumpster investments cost 1$ instead of just saying $.

Reactions: mpa71 and fakitap

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't see how that needs to be the MC that does that since her girlfriend or brother would make more sense than a guy she has only known for a few weeks. Plus if her father really does have control over her loan then her standing up to him changes nothing and he can just take it away.
Having someone like the MC stand up for her could actually be more powerful than Josy or Derek because I'm sure she'd expect them to, but I have a feeling her Dad can be rather intimidating and that neither Josy nor Derek have been able to mount an effective stance against her Dad. But the MC doesn't strike me as someone to back down easily and he might be able to go toe-to-toe with him because he doesn't know him, all he knows is that he's an asshole bigot, so the MC would have no fear in telling him what he thinks and strongly standing up for Maya.

This could be something she'd never seen before, someone who is able to put her Dad on the backfoot for once, someone she's only known for a short time who's willing go to bat for her like this, and this might give her enough courage to follow his example. She might lose access to her loan, or her Dad might relent, but even if it's the former, there are ways to resolve that.

Jimmy90

Dec 26, 2019
First post after a loong time. I really enjoy all the theories here, except for one . :p I'm team Jill all the way, and i want to ask your opinions on the date with her, what the consequences will be if we take the blame together with Derek, or if we just snitch him to her and deny every thing? Well technically, he was the one with the lighter to set the alarm, didn't he?
Anyone? Come on DIK brothers :p

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Maybe the money system is based off an (rough) exponential scale with a range. Thats how i think of it anyway.
$ = 1-5 dollars
$$ = 10-50 dollars
$$$ = 100-500 dollars
$$$$ = 1000-5000 dollars
$$$$$ = 10k - 50k dollars

I know, i know. We don't have 50k and its unlikely we even have 5k except for the inheritance money, but its a game, and the money is supposed to be in service to the plot, not the other way around. The point is that one $ is the kind of money you can lose without thinking about it. $$ is walking around money. $$$ is the money you drop on something important. $$$$ is expensive. $$$$$ is every penny you've got.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
the only thing she can do which will make her look stronger infront of her father is by paying her college fee herself , any other thing is just a cope
I do not agree

many homosexual boys and girls have had to face their parents, fortunately often in the end the love that binds them goes beyond the initial bigotry, and allows them to find a meeting point

Maya should do this, show her father that he will not change her and that he should accept her, this is the only solution to the problem

if MC pays Maya's tuition only changes the person to be dependent on and does not solve the problems with her family, which I believe should be her priority, even in front of attending the BR

Last edited:

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Could anyone help me out?

How do I get the other 50% of the Maya Josy Threesome in Ep 6? The walkthrough doesn't say and I don't know what i did wrong.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
it is a reasoning already addressed.
Maya says she was convinced the relationship was practically over, until proven otherwise we have to believe her and for sure she did not know that Josy was coming, and that she would never make it to the BR

she is not 100% convincing but this is it, Mc believes her, and it is up to us to believe her too.

DPC writes, in my opinion voluntarily, Maya in order to create a certain resentment towards her, practically immediately.
I do a quick recap of how DPC makes Maya "unpleasant" to players (not all of course), I am of course referring to players who had an interest in Maya
1) at the end of the movie night in bed MC declares his feelings, that was the moment Maya should have stopped him and she doesn't
2) on the evening of the grinding, we are bombarded with Maya's thoughts (in retrospect it is very clear that Maya is a Lesbian, but at that moment we are not understanding it) and they are all "selfish", all about the sensations of her body and the fact that she believes what she feels is wrong, even when she kisses Mc she tries to think of Josy (we don't know then that it is Josy, but this is)
3) when MC reunites with Maya after the cum-petition, she doesn't mention the grinding, but asks him to help her, making out with her. a request I would say quite tactless, as well as useless since MC is not a DIK yet. on that occasion MC can ask Maya to talk about it later, which seems to me the only sensible thing to do
4) when MC returns to the dormitory he finds Maya in the dark, in the most depressing scene of the game, and he has to force her to be able to talk

in my opinion at that moment the damage between the players and Maya is already done, the end of chapter 3 only takes away the hope that they were only misunderstandings
If your theory is correct, about DPC writing Maya as intentionally unlikable, then it's the final proof of DPC's malicious cruelty and desire to play with the emotions of the player, illustrated by the apology-not apology in the library scene at the end of ep 4 and the fact that you just can't get away from M&J no matter what choice you make. In my first play of ep 6 I did my Massive DIK/rejected by M&J path and still was stuck with the studying scene, the dreadfull DnG and the phone call to come riding to the rescue after all of Maya's ridiculous illusions come crashing down.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Could anyone help me out?

How do I get the other 50% of the Maya Josy Threesome in Ep 6? The walkthrough doesn't say and I don't know what i did wrong.
You have to kill her Father and bring Maya the severed head as proof.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If your theory is correct, about DPC writing Maya as intentionally unlikable, then it's the final proof of DPC's malicious cruelty and desire to play with the emotions of the player, illustrated by the apology-not apology in the library scene at the end of ep 4 and the fact that you just can't get away from M&J no matter what choice you make. In my first play of ep 6 I did my Massive DIK/rejected by M&J path and still was stuck with the studying scene, the dreadfull DnG and the phone call to come riding to the rescue after all of Maya's ridiculous illusions come crashing down.

I think so, of course I simplified the story

it's an easy way to build a lot of engagement.

then Maya radicalizes the discussion a lot because she is a homosexual / bisexual girl, she has an oppressive and religious father, she is the damsel in distress, so having negative feelings towards her confuses us, we feel guilty

I add a personal note, when I see a woman cry automatically I feel I am wrong, always in every situation. do you understand my difficulty? but not in the game, in life

p.s. for me the ending of the fourth chapter is just wrong, it only works if the proposal is accepted otherwise it makes no sense to me

Jan 15, 2019
THIS

my DIK MC can't do all these mental gymnastics at once
leave him alone

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I think so, of course I simplified the story

it's an easy way to build a lot of engagement.

then Maya radicalizes the discussion a lot because she is a homosexual / bisexual girl, she has an oppressive and religious father, she is the damsel in distress, so having negative feelings towards her confuses us, we feel guilty

I add a personal note, when I see a woman cry automatically I feel I am wrong, always in every situation. do you understand my difficulty? but not in the game, in life

p.s. for me the ending of the fourth chapter is just wrong, it only works if the proposal is accepted otherwise it makes no sense to me
I don't feel sorry for her for any of those reasons. The crying thing is hard but it helps to remember that 9 times out of 10 a woman's tears are a lie.

• Angry
Reactions: Gladheim
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes