DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
And what does that have to do with it? If you really loved her, you are not going to pretend nothing is happening now , you may even talk to her again in a short time, get back together or not. You are too extreme. I wonder if you've really loved someone enough or are you just like the MC who runs off mad at the world?

I believe that supporting and helping someone with whom you have had such good times and a good friendship is always a good option. We are not talking about a whore you fuck on a drunken night out.
No, it's been my experience, and I'm well into my 60's so that's a lot of experience, that when a relationship ends it's just best to LET it end. Don't try to cling on to something that's gone. There's also the matter of trust, you can't have relationship's with people that you don't trust, and M&J are far beyond trust at the end of episode 4.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
the problem is that it is a scene where the girls lack any sensitivity

in theory they are the ones who wanted to explain themselves and be forgiven
as soon as MC explains the situation they embrace and swear eternal love to each other.
Maya comes up with a sentence like this:
View attachment 912786

and only after that they talk to MC, only after reiterating that they are already a couple anyway
and in the end it is they who judge MC.

I'm not one of those who argue that there can be no friendship between men and women, but at least some time has to pass for an ex
I agree that the execution of that scene is wrong, perhaps the intention of DPC is that we choose the option of "friendship" because in the future we will be able to choose one of them as well. Returning to the topic, I did not like how they acted there, at all, in fact it made me sad, but I think that in the following chapters we have seen that what they said there has nothing to do with how they behave now, now it is more On the contrary, they seem more comfortable with the MC than with each other.

Jan 15, 2019
the problem is that it is a scene where the girls lack any sensitivity

in theory they are the ones who wanted to explain themselves and be forgiven
as soon as MC explains the situation they embrace and swear eternal love to each other.
Maya comes up with a sentence like this:
View attachment 912786

and only after that they talk to MC, only after reiterating that they are already a couple anyway
and in the end it is they who judge MC.

I'm not one of those who argue that there can be no friendship between men and women, but at least some time has to pass for an ex
THIS
in their relationship it always feel that everything is about them and nothing about MC and maybe that is why some people here feels like in that path MC behaves like a simp

Note that is not the case with Jill or Bella . It never felt like he is trying so hard . It is all natural from both sides .

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
No, it's been my experience, and I'm well into my 60's so that's a lot of experience, that when a relationship ends it's just best to LET it end. Don't try to cling on to something that's gone. There's also the matter of trust, you can't have relationship's with people that you don't trust, and M&J are far beyond trust at the end of episode 4.
You gotta remember, half the guys posting here are cucks and are used to being "friendzoned" long after an ex dumps them.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
but do you speak in case the player is not interested in either of them already?
but even then it would make sense perhaps for the player, but not for the MC character

because otherwise it makes no sense to accept the friendship of two "ex", of which until the day before you were so emotionally taken that you ran away in the middle of the night
Interested or not, it's been established that they are an important part to both the story and the MC, hence why they must still be included like this. Therefore, having just the options of friendship or "something more" is all that's needed and there shouldn't have been rejection from them because it makes their continued interactions seem odd.

I don't agree. I think Derek standing up to him would have the most effect. We know he is the favorite between the two and is usually pretty chill so someone like him getting pissed at her dad would really catch him off guard.

I don't like Josy or Maya and would rather not get involved in their BS but I think a good way to handle Maya's dad for people like me would be if you are on their path you get involved and stand up to her dad and if you don't want to get involved in it you can choose not to and Derek does it instead. Though I think the student loan stuff is fucking stupid and makes no sense and is only there for drama and nothing else.
If Derek hasn't been able to effectively stand up to him before, what makes you think he can now? Derek also likely feels intimidated by his Dad and honestly seems more likely to be someone who just kind of sits there and only voices mild dissent then simply comforts his sister after her Dad chews her out.

The MC is a much stronger person in this scenario because he isn't burdened with the knowledge of exactly who this guy is and what he's like, he's only been given some vague snippets about him. He has no fear to stand up to him because of this and is therefore more likely to present a stronger front than either Josy or Derek.

It's like one of those scenarios where someone walks into a bar and stands up to someone who's being abusive and one of the regulars says, "You shouldn't have done that", to which this new person says, "I'm not afraid of them", and then the regular says, "You wouldn't say that if you knew them". This is why the MC is the best person to tackle her Dad because he's not afraid of him, but Maya, Josy, and Derek would be.

What the scene really needed was an option to tell M&J that MC was willing to let bygones be bygones but that he didn't want M&J in his life anymore.
Wrong. People need to realise that, even if they, in their own personal lives, would cut ties with these two, that is not who this MC is. He's not going to do that, hence why there is no such option.

Last edited:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
You are seeing it from the voice of experience but they are fucking children, they are 18 years old and at that age you do not know what you want, they are confused, and it is clear that as the game progresses their relationship with the MC strengthens and how I have said to the other user, right now I think they are more comfortable with him. When I was 18-19 years old, I did a lot of nonsense, I was with several at the same time and I didn't know who I loved more and who I didn't, that's why I don't judge him. They are just learning

Reactions: Holy Bacchus

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
But that human relationships are more complex, it is not like going and throwing a mattress in the trash. I don't know about you but when I get to the level of connection that the MC has or had with Maya and Josy, I can't forget and start from 0 like that from one day to the next.
The MC has known Maya for a week or so. Josy for a few months as a co worker.

I don't think they have a real connection.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I agree that the execution of that scene is wrong, perhaps the intention of DPC is that we choose the option of "friendship" because in the future we will be able to choose one of them as well. Returning to the topic, I did not like how they acted there, at all, in fact it made me sad, but I think that in the following chapters we have seen that what they said there has nothing to do with how they behave now, now it is more On the contrary, they seem more comfortable with the MC than with each other.
the situation improves, but the picnic scene is a drama, a meeting of 3 who are together for fear of being the excluded by the other 2 and Maya still wonders in the sixth chapter if she is truly bisexual

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
You are seeing it from the voice of experience but they are fucking children, they are 18 years old and at that age you do not know what you want, they are confused, and it is clear that as the game progresses their relationship with the MC strengthens and how I have said to the other user, right now I think they are more comfortable with him. When I was 18-19 years old, I did a lot of nonsense, I was with several at the same time and I didn't know who I loved more and who I didn't, that's why I don't judge him. They are just learning
18 years old = children, yup you must be a millennial. :FacePalm:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020

I believe in love at first sight, so... why not? call it love or call it attraction, feel fine and comfortable with someone

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
You seem to like to tell everyone what to do, I think I'm going to make my own decisions.
Well, you've just tell a guy that it's better to end real life relationships the hard way, I'm just talking about a game. Not sure who's telling people what to do

I'm just saying this is not a game where you can just cut ties with the characters. M&J's story is one of the main ones and DPC has decided that the MC has to play an important role on its outcome. Now it's up to us to decide (when that moment comes) what to do. But we're going to witness it all, that's just how it is. If you don't like it (I don't like many other things about this game), bad luck

Jan 15, 2019

yes and why will anyone give his dead mother's money to some fellow idiots who he had met only few days ago and not giving to his poor father who had done so much for him and this is what should be done if we apply simple human behavior

people may do it in game but will never do irl

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
It must be nice to have such a long childhood, maybe we should change the laws and make the legal age of emancipation 32?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Interested or not, it's been established that they are an important part to both the story and the MC, hence why they must still be included like this. Therefore, having just the options of friendship or "something more" is all that's needed and there shouldn't have been rejection from them because it makes their continued interactions seem odd.
but the plot cannot be the justification for a scene that doesn't work.

the scene was to allow the plot to continue as planned

and that scene does not do it well, the players who are accepted the proposal are happy for that and ok, but all the others find themselves unhappy.

to a lot of players that scene has ruined the relationship with the two girls and therefore with the game

you can't turn up the drama before and after a day pretend nothing has happened (as is systematically done with Bella too)

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes