felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The MC has known Maya for a week or so. Josy for a few months as a co worker.

I don't think they have a real connection.
MC has a long time crush on Josy, and those take time to pass.

with Maya I find the most forced relationship, but in the end it is established that there is still a strong bond with her too, MC tells us and Maya tells us and we must believe it.

Reactions: Gladheim

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
It must be nice to have such a long childhood, maybe we should change the laws and make the legal age of emancipation 32?
Times change friend, or you adapt or you are forgotten. Today at 18 years old, thank God you don't have to be breaking your back to raise a family and thank goodness, I prefer to enjoy my life. But no matter how much you try to sell me at 18 one can be a firm, responsible adult who knows what he wants, you are lying, many even with 50 didnt know it, for something in the USA they do not allow drinking until 21 xD

• Angry
Reactions: Malicre

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
If Derek hasn't been able to effectively stand up to him before, what makes you think he can now? Derek also likely feels intimidated by his Dad and honestly seems more likely to be someone who just kind of sits there and only voices mild dissent then simply comforts his sister after her Dad chews her out.

The MC is a much stronger person in this scenario because he isn't burdened with the knowledge of exactly who this guy is and what he's like, he's only been given some vague snippets about him. He has no fear to stand up to him because of this and is therefore more likely to present a stronger front than either Josy or Derek.

It's like one of those scenarios where someone walks into a bar and stands up to someone who's being abusive and one of the regulars says, "You shouldn't have done that", to which this new person says, "I'm not afraid of them", and then the regular says, "You wouldn't say that if you knew them". This is why the MC is the best person to tackle her Dad because he's not afraid of him, but Maya, Josy, and Derek would be.
I think that the Derek eventually having enough of his dad after he tries to drag his sister away would be a good enough reason for him to eventually snap at his dad, add on the stuff with Ashley and how it's effecting him it would make sense. Though knowing how this game is written the MC is going to get into a fight with Maya's dad, kick the shit out of him and get another lawsuit just to add another pile of BS to the Maya/Josy drama the DPC loves to force into the game.

zitterhannes

Aug 18, 2017
Hi,
maybe one of you can help me.
According to the questlog I'm supposed to look into Tommy's room behind the curtain. I did that now and talked to the chick behind the curtain. Nevertheless the Questlog still says "Look behind the curtain in Tommy's room". But I can't look behind the curtain anymore. Is that a bug?

Crowbar01

Feb 10, 2020
I think that the Derek eventually having enough of his dad after he tries to drag his sister away would be a good enough reason for him to eventually snap at his dad, add on the stuff with Ashley and how it's effecting him it would make sense. Though knowing how this game is written the MC is going to get into a fight with Maya's dad, kick the shit out of him and get another lawsuit just to add another pile of BS to the Maya/Josy drama the DPC loves to force into the game.
The way it's written seems to be leading up to MC getting thrown in jail, at this point.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
yes and why will anyone give his dead mother's money to some fellow idiots who he had met only few days ago and not giving to his poor father who had done so much for him and this is what should be done if we apply simple human behavior

people may do it in game but will never do irl

this has not happened yet though

and I hope it does not happen because it would not be dramatic, therefore exciting, nor morally positive

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm not one of those who argue that there can be no friendship between men and women, but at least some time has to pass for an ex
This, to me, is an issue with the condensed timeframe. In just a couple of days, the MC either goes from being rejected or putting them in the friendzone, to being sucked back into their orbit with barely any time to get over things and establish at least the beginnings of a proper friendship. The story barely gets any time to breath and could honestly have benefited from short time jumps rather than cramming so much in to 3 weeks.

No, it's been my experience, and I'm well into my 60's so that's a lot of experience, that when a relationship ends it's just best to LET it end. Don't try to cling on to something that's gone. There's also the matter of trust, you can't have relationship's with people that you don't trust, and M&J are far beyond trust at the end of episode 4.
M&J are not beyond trust. What happened was they were both in some emotional distress, looking for comfort, and the MC was that for them. They were confused, unsure, and conflicted, all very understandable given the circumstances. They made mistakes, but they're not unforgivable, especially since the MC is not blameless in all of this.

It's his fault for seemingly getting attached so quickly and thinking these were serious relationships rather than just physical attractions that could eventually be something more, which is so often how these things start out. He knew Josy was with someone already but went for it anyway, just like he knows Sage is with Chad and can go for her, and that Bella is married and he can gor for her, and that Jade is married and he can go for her too. So the MC is really doing this to himself, getting attached quickly without really knowing the person, and getting involved with people who are already technically taken.

THIS
in their relationship it always feel that everything is about them and nothing about MC and maybe that is why some people here feels like in that path MC behaves like a simp

Note that is not the case with Jill or Bella . It never felt like he is trying so hard . It is all natural from both sides .
That's because they're dealing with something serious and the MC has very little going on in their personal life, so obviously they're going to be very concerned about it and it's going to dominate a lot of what's going on with them. If someone in a relationship is worried about losing their job, having mounting debts to pay off, and their parents were recently involved in a near-fatal car accident, they're hardly going to just put that all off to the side and focus all their energy and attention on their partner who has no such concerns.

18 years old = children, yup you must be a millennial. :FacePalm:
Speaking as someone who is a millennial, 18 year old people are largely children. They're immature, reckless, cocky, and some barely know how to turn on a stove let alone know how to handle relationships in a rational and mature manner.

its a vn there should be such option
Not if the characters are important to the story and can't be cut out, which these 2 are.

Last edited:
Reactions: thegreatd17

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Times change friend, or you adapt or you are forgotten. Today at 18 years old, thank God you don't have to be breaking your back to raise a family and thank goodness, I prefer to enjoy my life. But no matter how much you try to sell me at 18 one can be a firm, responsible adult who knows what he wants, you are lying, many even with 50 didnt know it, for something in the USA they do not allow drinking until 21 xD
A large part of that is heavily dependent on how much responsibility that someone has been given, you don't teach your child to cook and of course it's not surprising when they only eat easy cook meals and take outs when their older.

At 18 you are an adult and this idea that some people can take it easy is not true for most of the world and only been a thing for an extremely tiny portion of western history and things could quickly change again.

Reactions: DavDR and Malicre

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I find the whole meeting Maya's dad kinda funny, especially if your not even friends with them, like what do you want me to do about it? :ROFLMAO:

but at least MC is a friend of both of them

there are 5 LIs, 3 of which you have to follow them, but 2 follow you and bring you a lot of trouble

Jan 15, 2019
I find the whole meeting Maya's dad kinda funny, especially if your not even friends with them, like what do you want me to do about it? :ROFLMAO:
even after break up some maya shillers wants mc to become white knight at cost of not only his own but his father's life as well

some people want us to believe that this game story or behavior pattern is same as people have irl , no it is not . So there is no need for us guys to do all these mental gymnastics and should think less and enjoy the game more .

It is fictional and people comparing it with real life is too much

obibobi

May 10, 2017
even after break up some maya shillers wants mc to become white knight at cost of not only his own but his father's life as well

some people want us to believe that this game story or behavior pattern is same as people have irl , no it is not . So there is no need for us guys to do all these mental gymnastics and should think less and enjoy the game more .

It is fictional and people comparing it with real life is too much
I don't think you can claim anyone really thinks it's exactly like real life. You need to have suspension of disbelief, the MC gets involved in so much within such a small time frame and the whole sleeping with multiple girls and them being all being ok with it but as amazing as the game is, I would rather not play it 6-8 times just for a few scenes.

I find the best way of looking at it, is that these are all separate stories and you are just playing them all at the same time for convenience.

KoolMe

Jun 23, 2019
Not if the characters are important to the story and can't be cut out, which these 2 are.
how exactly ?
after ep 6
they are hots for namesake so nothing to do with quins drug den , restaurant , or free tuition anymore
nothing directly to do with diks problems ,Vinny, jocks , or preps
no connection to jade , burke , cathy or bella

I would say Lily has more to do with the main story than any of them

Reactions: DavDR
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes