phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
I know it's not everyone's favourite part of episode 6 (in a lot of cases it seems to be the least liked part), but I didn't mind the Dungeons & Gremlins game. A lot of people are complaining it took up a lot of time (like i think it took 10 minutes to play and the whole episode took me about 6 hours I think).

Apart from removing it altogether, what do people think could have made it more fun? I mean the reason people play those types of games is for fun, and it seems like a totally Tri-Beta thing to do.

What if there were in-game stats that you maintained and could play across episodes (like build your brute or bard character up across multiple games) rather than having a stand alone game in the episode.

Does playing the game, winning it or losing it affect your status with the Tri-Betas?

Anyway, just some thoughts, I'd like to see it continue into the next episodes but I'm afraid there was big backlash against it this time (at least from this forum there seems to be).
The whole thing is fun, but didn't need to add sex scenes to it, just renders without animation. Could've let those to the main story mostly.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I know it's not everyone's favourite part of episode 6 (in a lot of cases it seems to be the least liked part), but I didn't mind the Dungeons & Gremlins game. A lot of people are complaining it took up a lot of time (like i think it took 10 minutes to play and the whole episode took me about 6 hours I think).

Apart from removing it altogether, what do people think could have made it more fun? I mean the reason people play those types of games is for fun, and it seems like a totally Tri-Beta thing to do.

What if there were in-game stats that you maintained and could play across episodes (like build your brute or bard character up across multiple games) rather than having a stand alone game in the episode.

Does playing the game, winning it or losing it affect your status with the Tri-Betas?

Anyway, just some thoughts, I'd like to see it continue into the next episodes but I'm afraid there was big backlash against it this time (at least from this forum there seems to be).
they are common moments of filling
if they work they distract you and don't bore you, they are minigames with casual sex
if they were among favorite moments it would mean that there is nothing interesting in the general plot

your hypothesis is interesting, but at the same time it scares me, because that's what nerds do by forgetting about real life, it's what we players of this genre of games risk doing too, concentrate on RPs closed at home (now not even for choice)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

rj677

May 30, 2020
When I meet bella Husband

"Your wife, my bitch
Your love, my trick
Her mouth, my dick"
View attachment 915048
and then he shoots you (I dunno, everyone seems to think he's a soldier)...
If he takes a shot on the MC, that can be an incentive for the MC to break out off his shell (suddenly boss music comes on ) and finally the MC unlocks Ultra Instinct on his ass :ROFLMAO:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
If he takes a shot on the MC, that can be an incentive for the MC to break out off his shell (suddenly boss music comes on ) and finally the MC unlocks Ultra Instinct on his ass :ROFLMAO:
Given the MC's "power" is probably his cock, does unlocking "Ultra Instinct on his ass" mean what I think it means? :sneaky:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
The whole thing is fun, but didn't need to add sex scenes to it, just renders without animation. Could've let those to the main story mostly.
Yeah, the fantasy sex scenes weren't like actual sex scenes I agree, they were just in the MC's head. I like it when he interacted with the players across the table more, maybe some more "footsies" with Jill would have been better. Watching Sally getting worked up was good, like she was ready to shoot fireballs at whoever was coming out from the bush if they attacked anyone except the mc. Sally and MC totally need to hookup to dissipate some of the sexual tension!

Reactions: Jackie123

Giaochino

Mar 5, 2019

I didn't like it because it didn't add anything to the main story, expect showing Sally as a lunatic crazy girl.
The other thing I got out of it is that Jill doesn't really care about Tybalt's "blackmail". Maybe if pressured, but Sally told him off before it could happen.

That's it. Tons of animations and scenes for really nothing.

Jackie123

May 2, 2018
Yeah, the fantasy sex scenes weren't like actual sex scenes I agree, they were just in the MC's head. I like it when he interacted with the players across the table more, maybe some more "footsies" with Jill would have been better. Watching Sally getting worked up was good, like she was ready to shoot fireballs at whoever was coming out from the bush if they attacked anyone except the mc. Sally and MC totally need to hookup to dissipate some of the sexual tension!
Sally aint packing anything tho...

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I didn't like it because it didn't add anything to the main story, expect showing Sally as a lunatic crazy girl.
The other thing I got out of it is that Jill doesn't really care about Tybalt's "blackmail". Maybe if pressured, but Sally told him off before it could happen.

That's it. Tons of animations and scenes for really nothing.
Yep, I agree there wasn't any external payoff for winning.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I'm gonna refer you to Gladheims post since that has the 2 Bar Songs covered (Funk'd Up and Let me down):

Other songs around the bar you could mean would be:

Nora Scene:
Nicole/Sandy Scene 1:
Nicole/Sandy Scene 2 (and also the EP6 Credits):
Edited and added new songs ;)

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Jill's the type of women who will marry you but say shes "saving herself for god". :ROFLMAO:

No nookie for you guys.
I've been with my wife now for 17 years(almost, the anniversary of our first date and our wedding anniversary is dec. 13) and it was 6 months before we had sex. Patience is a virtue and some women are worth the wait.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I've been with my wife now for 17 years(almost, the anniversary of our first date and our wedding anniversary is dec. 13) and it was 6 months before we had sex. Patience is a virtue and some women are worth the wait.
6 months with a girlfriend and no sex ufff had to be tough friend

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Sally aint packing anything tho...
Me, I'm a man of variety. There's something to be said for taking a spinner like Sally for a whirl to switch things up. There are seven days per week for a reason:

Monday - Tackle the new week with a little spice...a thicc latin booty
Tuesday - It's big titty Tuesday, you know what to do
Wednesday - Hump day, the middle of the week is nasty, so grab a bag and throw it on the ugliest dame you can find (bonus: by contrast it makes you feel like an Adonis...just don't let any of your friends see)
Thursday - You've been working hard, take things easy with a lightweight spinner
Friday - The end of the week is for drinking and partying, what better way to celebrate than to tip back a curvy hourglass
Saturday - It's been a rough week - get yourself some soft cushion for the pushin'...Land Whale time
Sunday - And on the 7th day you rest and reflect on your lewd blessings...or for non-believers just spank it to BaDIK :giggle:

rj677

May 30, 2020
Given the MC's "power" is probably his cock, does unlocking "Ultra Instinct on his ass" mean what I think it means? :sneaky:
I didnt mean it literally, but I guess the expression is kinda sus in this modern society we live in.

Like I said before in this thread I didnt mind the D&G on its own because I really like RPG games and the exploration.

Having said that, D&G felt bad in this episode because of my other opinions/hopes for this episode in general. I think what makes me feel worse about D&G in this episode is the fact that we waited an extra 1.5 months (5.5 months in total) for ep6 to drop and we got almost nothing done with the LIs

That means that those renders and "animations", that we waited more time for, could have been used with the LIs or with Derek, and not on a Sidequest that in my main Save i couldnt avoid (I dont know if you can avoid it or not depending on choice).

If this episode had more stuff with the LIs (and Im not saying only sex scenes) and less drama maybe it would have been better received, but we will never know that.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

The simplest suggestion would be to make the whole thing skippable; if it has no significance to the overall story (as it seems not to), just give the MC the option to say no thanks.

In addition to that, remove the animated lewd scenes. That's where the bulk of the resources 'wasted' on the sequence were spent, and IMHO they all suck; BaDIK's strength is in its characters, so watching the MC have imaginary sex with cardboard cutouts of those characters just reminds us that the characters weren't real to begin with.

I suspect the lewd scenes were added as a prize to 'justify' the time and effort spent on the D&G session (both by DPC and by us), but IMHO they backfired. They're unsatisfying rewards, but for those of us with a compulsive completionist streak (i.e. most of us) they turn the D&G interlude into a chore we need to complete rather than a harmless diversion. Worst of both worlds.

Beyond that, suggestions get a little more nebulous. I think the adventure itself was a fun diversion, but it does feel empty because the focus is squarely on the adventure rather than the players. I said before that I liked seeing how the LIs respond to the MC charming them. More of that sort of interaction would probably be the way to go, but that's easier said than done. Maybe show Maya trying to live out classic movie tropes. Have Josy and Jill interact a bit more in-character, with an eye towards showing what they have in common IRL. That sort of thing.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
There was only one or two entries, but they both lead nowhere (one was the friend of Ida).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And the other was that goth-looking girl who just wants your sympathy the whole time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unfortunately nothing like the Cathy, Nicole, Nora or that other drunk girl's swypes. And even good ol' Arieth didn't get back to you.

Both Swyper and Rooster were a little underwhelming this time around.
I feel like Swyper may be done after this update. We've lost Cathy and Catrin, and we either fuck Nora or miss out on it which means she's probably done as well. This just leaves Ellie, but after the Jill date it seems like the MC might limit their casual sex with side girls and this will probably be made to happen on all paths, whether he went on the date or not.

Honestly, I'd have preferred it never happen at all. For me, it's more about how much time and effort went into developing this portion that could have been used elsewhere on something that actually advanced the main plot or the sub-stories. Even if it had affected stats, what would that have even been like? Lose RP with M&J but gain RP for charming Jill, and lose RP with Jill but gain RP for charming M&J? Since this is supposed to be a game for "fun", why would/should they have perceived that as anything more than being playful and not something that would make them suspicious/jealous? Since no RP was gained or lost, I guess this is how they perceived it, which means that the game didn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

It also didn't even really reveal anything about the MC, aside from the fact that the ones he could charm and get fantasy sex scenes with are the ones he is able to do things with in the real world based on his affinity and relationship status with M&J (although I am curious as to why my Neutral MC who had sex with Camila and Riona in the previous was blocked from the fantasy sex in this episode :unsure:).

Perhaps instead there could have been an amusing moment for those on the Jill and M&J paths where Jill puts her hand on his leg and M&J play footsie with him under the table which causes an amusingly awkward moment for him. Then afterwards they could all head out and as they're walking through the halls they see all the Cathy posters that have been put up by the Jocks which the MC starts taking down and Cathy sees him do this. She'll go up to him and thank him and ask to speak to him in her office which could have led to an actual sex scene with her on the non-M&J path.

There may be something of a backlash to the DnG game here, but DPC will never know and even if they did, they won't care. Also, there will be no such "backlash" on their Discord because if anyone voices even a slight bit of criticism, they'll be banned. DPC only wants positive feedback.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes