• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

JohnnyCrunch

Sep 2, 2020
Speaking of Jill, how old is she really? I know she said she was 3rd year, but that doesn't necessarily mean she started college immediately. She seems to be old enough to drink (21 yrs old in the U.S. where the game takes place) and goddamn if ol' snaggletooth doesn't look like at least a 30-yr old in a lot of shots. This one from episode 5 makes her look like an older mom. If she's 21, then that's a hard 21 and that's methed up.

View attachment 931031
That picture of ol'snaggletooth made me think up a new theory! And... the more I think about it, the more it's making sense!

Jill is transgender. Up until a few years before MC met her, she was a boy. That could explain why she lives in a mansion with all males. She was a boy when she originally moved in, but then after the transformation... she stayed. Also, that might shed some new light on her relationship with Bella. Maybe the awkwardness between those two in bed that night is because when the had their fling, Jill was still a boy. It also could explain why Bella feels all that guilt, and why she is now so protective over Jill.

Well, I know this is a highly unlikely half-baked idea, but IF there is really something to this theory... it would really throw all the Jill lovers on here for a loop.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
To be fair, it's not really something people should be getting into in a game thread, like discussing the finer points of credit reports and how this proves the whole "Maya loan" situation is stupid. :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, something I mentioned (which is now gone) that I found interesting about this update was the flashback Maya had to school discos. She gets approached by a guy and thinks he's asking her to dance but he's just asking her to hold his stuff while he goes to dance (jerk), but when she was asked she seemed happy about it, like she wanted to dance with him.

View attachment 930942 View attachment 930943 View attachment 930944 View attachment 930945

It makes me feel even more as though Maya was never fully gay but just convinced herself she was because she developed feelings for Josy but hadn't felt the same about any guys (yet). That's why her feelings for the MC confused her, because she thought she was gay but (cliché) maybe it's just that she hadn't met the right guy. I do think she's probably somewhat bi since she clearly enjoys being with Josy, but I also think those feelings only extend as far as Josy as she doesn't seem to think that way about other girls.
I think you're reading too much into the distinction. The flashback was less about having a potential relationship with the boy, it was avoiding the awkwardness of being unpopular in a social context.

It's certainly possible there is a link there. Maya is reclusive and private so any relationship would be slow for her, and that would be extra problematic for 'DIK-ish' young boys impatient for sex. But I don't think the exact parameters of Maya's sexuality matter all the much. Whatever the reason, she believes she likes girls in general and boys only in one particular case.

It's certainly possible she's mistaken (especially given how much she second guesses herself), but considering the nature of this game I don't see it making much difference. As a main LI, I would be shocked if Maya is ever in a position to be seriously tempted by a guy other than the MC. It seems unlikely she'd consider sex with a girl other than Josy, too; if it did happen, however, it would still be consistent with her initial self-evaluation.

In the end, I think the most important thing is the angst and indecision Maya feels about her love life, and that applies no matter what the exact root cause is.

Reactions: JohnDelfino

Johnyboie

Jun 9, 2020
Making "Optimal" Decisions for the Mansion Work Task Assignment

Hi All,
I have been analyzing the new Mansion Work Task that was introduced in Ep.6 and wanted to share my results with you in order to come up with a superior strategy to make “best” decisions. Even if some aspects are obvious for you, at least now you have the confirmation of a random stranger from the internet :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As stated above in great detail, there is a high planning uncertainty related to the optimization of the mansion work. Therefore I want to share my framework underlying this analysis which is a deliberately VBA-free Excel sheet meaning that there is a little bit of manual labor required. See below for a guide on how to use the file. It is meant to be used in each free roam (where you can work on the mansion) individually, to allow for a context-suited optimal solution. If you don't have a valid Excel license, it should also work with the freeware "OpenCalc" included in "OpenOffice" - but I can't guarantee that as of yet.
View attachment 930937

I hope that I could help at least one single person by sharing my insights.
Thanks for your attention!
Ok my head hurts

Elum Eno

Oct 4, 2019
if you really want, use the Walkthrough, the mod would then make the save unusable with the next updates and the game begins to be too long to be played over again with each update
I had no issues with my walkthrough modded 5.2 saves when upgraded to 6.0.
Hell even the mod worked for most parts until it was updated.

I've keep reading how if you had the 5.2 version of the game you could not use the update and would have to download the full game.

Good thing I didn't know that account I had no issues updating from 5.2 (Modded) to 6.0 and then to 6.1.
Then updating to 6.1 of the walktrough mod.

The only saves that I've found are not compatible are from the Steam version of the game.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
That picture of ol'snaggletooth made me think up a new theory! And... the more I think about it, the more it's making sense!

Jill is transgender. Up until a few years before MC met her, she was a boy. That could explain why she lives in a mansion with all males. She was a boy when she originally moved in, but then after the transformation... she stayed. Also, that might shed some new light on her relationship with Bella. Maybe the awkwardness between those two in bed that night is because when the had their fling, Jill was still a boy. It also could explain why Bella feels all that guilt, and why she is now so protective over Jill.

Well, I know this is a highly unlikely half-baked idea, but IF there is really something to this theory... it would really throw all the Jill lovers on here for a loop.
More likely Jill's big drama is she has shit teeth...

Gregk

Jun 19, 2018
You're doing it wrong, screwing all the girls is the most enjoyable part of the game!

Though that does happen inside free roams sometimes, so they're OK.

I believe that's an error with the walkthrough mod, rather than the game itself.

If you're using the walkthrough mod, scrappy updated the mod to fix this error.

Make sure you're using the updated version & load a save from before the freeroam starts for it to work.

If that doesn't fix it you'll need to ask on the mod thread.
Thanks, I'll try this!

Reactions: Meushi

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I really hope Jill and Bella are willing to share, I felt guilty when the MC went out with Jill and reflected on the fact that he'd been fooling around with others.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

Mind blown! Might also explain why she was bullied. But I doubt that theory will pan out though. I'm just hoping when we finally get a good look at the holiest of holies that she trims. Normally I'm down with something like a runway, but those eyebrows of hers tell me she's got a sasquatch living down there.

hypaweeb02

Jan 28, 2020
anyone got a save before episode 6, i got a new laptop and i lost my old ones and i cba playing it again atm

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Making "Optimal" Decisions for the Mansion Work Task Assignment

Hi All,
I have been analyzing the new Mansion Work Task that was introduced in Ep.6 and wanted to share my results with you in order to come up with a superior strategy to make “best” decisions. Even if some aspects are obvious for you, at least now you have the confirmation of a random stranger from the internet :p

As stated above in great detail, there is a high planning uncertainty related to the optimization of the mansion work. Therefore I want to share my framework underlying this analysis which is a deliberately VBA-free Excel sheet meaning that there is a little bit of manual labor required. See below for a guide on how to use the file. It is meant to be used in each free roam (where you can work on the mansion) individually, to allow for a context-suited optimal solution. If you don't have a valid Excel license, it should also work with the freeware "OpenCalc" included in "OpenOffice" - but I can't guarantee that as of yet.
View attachment 930937

I hope that I could help at least one single person by sharing my insights.
Thanks for your attention!
Impressive and interesting analysis. I'm still working my way through it and trying to compare it to fakitap's work. I think my big question is whether "efficiency" is the right metric to evaluate plans (rather than net XP generated).

The goal is to fix the mansion and buy new windows in time (however long that turns out to be). Inefficiency effectively increases the cost of the repairs (and/or increases the requirements for future work), but it does so linearly (work requires meeting certain thresholds, but a point now costs the same as a point later). The amount of XP you get is variable, however, and it seems to feed on itself: more DIKs working together gives a larger direct bonus to their skills, and it also increases the score (which determines bonus XP). Moreover, the total score generated is increased by the skills of the workers, which means there's even more incentive to power level skills early on.

That suggests that "wasting" points inefficiently early on could be worth it if it gives back even more points to spend in subsequent FRs. If so, the initial priority should be finding ways to complete rooms in groups of three, with efficiency being used to optimize the choices within that framework. I'm still not sure how best to model that, though.

Getting Fixing the mansion requires a fixed number of skill points at a minimum. Buying the windows requires a fixed amount of money... but the ability to earn money is random. I think you have the right idea with 'hero-leveling' some characters so they can chase top $ tasks, but I don't know how to model the value of sending the heroes to do $$$ work early if the opportunity comes up.

Realistically, though, I think you put your finger on the real problem: without knowing which (if any rooms) need to be complete for story/reward/etc reasons, it's likely event he best plan will wind up getting modified when the next episode drops.

urvik660

Nov 13, 2019
The work assignment looks clunky. There should be a guide as to how much percentage should be prioritized between making money and finishing work

4.80 star(s) 1,509 Votes