Gregk

Jun 19, 2018
You're doing it wrong, screwing all the girls is the most enjoyable part of the game!

Though that does happen inside free roams sometimes, so they're OK.

I believe that's an error with the walkthrough mod, rather than the game itself.

If you're using the walkthrough mod, scrappy updated the mod to fix this error.

Make sure you're using the updated version & load a save from before the freeroam starts for it to work.

If that doesn't fix it you'll need to ask on the mod thread.
Thanks, I'll try this!

Reactions: Meushi

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I really hope Jill and Bella are willing to share, I felt guilty when the MC went out with Jill and reflected on the fact that he'd been fooling around with others.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
That picture of ol'snaggletooth made me think up a new theory! And... the more I think about it, the more it's making sense!

Jill is transgender. Up until a few years before MC met her, she was a boy. That could explain why she lives in a mansion with all males. She was a boy when she originally moved in, but then after the transformation... she stayed. Also, that might shed some new light on her relationship with Bella. Maybe the awkwardness between those two in bed that night is because when the had their fling, Jill was still a boy. It also could explain why Bella feels all that guilt, and why she is now so protective over Jill.

Well, I know this is a highly unlikely half-baked idea, but IF there is really something to this theory... it would really throw all the Jill lovers on here for a loop.
Mind blown! Might also explain why she was bullied. But I doubt that theory will pan out though. I'm just hoping when we finally get a good look at the holiest of holies that she trims. Normally I'm down with something like a runway, but those eyebrows of hers tell me she's got a sasquatch living down there.

hypaweeb02

Jan 28, 2020
anyone got a save before episode 6, i got a new laptop and i lost my old ones and i cba playing it again atm

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Making "Optimal" Decisions for the Mansion Work Task Assignment

Hi All,
I have been analyzing the new Mansion Work Task that was introduced in Ep.6 and wanted to share my results with you in order to come up with a superior strategy to make “best” decisions. Even if some aspects are obvious for you, at least now you have the confirmation of a random stranger from the internet :p

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As stated above in great detail, there is a high planning uncertainty related to the optimization of the mansion work. Therefore I want to share my framework underlying this analysis which is a deliberately VBA-free Excel sheet meaning that there is a little bit of manual labor required. See below for a guide on how to use the file. It is meant to be used in each free roam (where you can work on the mansion) individually, to allow for a context-suited optimal solution. If you don't have a valid Excel license, it should also work with the freeware "OpenCalc" included in "OpenOffice" - but I can't guarantee that as of yet.
View attachment 930937

I hope that I could help at least one single person by sharing my insights.
Thanks for your attention!
Impressive and interesting analysis. I'm still working my way through it and trying to compare it to fakitap's work. I think my big question is whether "efficiency" is the right metric to evaluate plans (rather than net XP generated).

The goal is to fix the mansion and buy new windows in time (however long that turns out to be). Inefficiency effectively increases the cost of the repairs (and/or increases the requirements for future work), but it does so linearly (work requires meeting certain thresholds, but a point now costs the same as a point later). The amount of XP you get is variable, however, and it seems to feed on itself: more DIKs working together gives a larger direct bonus to their skills, and it also increases the score (which determines bonus XP). Moreover, the total score generated is increased by the skills of the workers, which means there's even more incentive to power level skills early on.

That suggests that "wasting" points inefficiently early on could be worth it if it gives back even more points to spend in subsequent FRs. If so, the initial priority should be finding ways to complete rooms in groups of three, with efficiency being used to optimize the choices within that framework. I'm still not sure how best to model that, though.

Getting Fixing the mansion requires a fixed number of skill points at a minimum. Buying the windows requires a fixed amount of money... but the ability to earn money is random. I think you have the right idea with 'hero-leveling' some characters so they can chase top $ tasks, but I don't know how to model the value of sending the heroes to do $$$ work early if the opportunity comes up.

Realistically, though, I think you put your finger on the real problem: without knowing which (if any rooms) need to be complete for story/reward/etc reasons, it's likely event he best plan will wind up getting modified when the next episode drops.

urvik660

Nov 13, 2019
The work assignment looks clunky. There should be a guide as to how much percentage should be prioritized between making money and finishing work

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I played with minigames off
so is there gonna be a problem
or everything will be ok?
The game is supposed to be completely playable without mini-games. The only problem so far is that money is very unevenly distributed without the mini-games.

(Well, that and more time looking for hidden renders in free roams if that matters to you.)

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I played with minigames off
so is there gonna be a problem
or everything will be ok?

you don't have to hesitate and take every single banknote available during free roaming.

in reality if you are not a restaurant frequenter you should not have big money problems.

I also did the secondary runs (mono LI) without minigames

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
If you re going to pay yellow dollars on exp, you should prioritize the one that gives you more points for every room clean. For 5 dollars it gives you 2.500 points wich means 10-15% experience. As long as there re 23 rooms at the end it gives you a minimum of 230% experience, but most probably way more. If you manage to clen 4 rooms per free roam it will give you 60% exp every turn. The alternative is to pay 5 yellow dollars for a 5% exp for one trait for every character, a total of 45% for 5 dollars only once. Is not even close.
The best outcome i get was 15 rooms clean in the 3 rows with 15 yellow dollars left.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
We'll see how the repair system works in the next update. I would like that depending on the areas you repair, you will unlock things like new scenes, different dialogues, or uses of the different rooms. For example, if you repair the TV room you can spend a night with your friends there or with one of the girls, watching a movie and another things :WeSmart: :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 1,515 Votes