iowaboy1844

Oct 6, 2018
Tbh. I've joked a lot on this thread about Bella being an axe murderer. but in all actuality, I'm more suspecting of her having serious anxiety issues and something else. I really don't think that's her "losing it", just an intense inner conflict.
I've always figured something awful about Bella (and probably her mental state) is coming since the MC tells us after going to the library and making out with her there (way back in Ep. 3 I think) that if he knew then what he knows now, he would have never pursued her. So in a main route, I don't pursue her, but I do in another just to see what ends up happening.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I've always figured something awful about Bella (and probably her mental state) is coming since the MC tells us after going to the library and making out with her there (way back in Ep. 3 I think) that if he knew then what he knows now, he would have never pursued her. So in a main route, I don't pursue her, but I do in another just to see what ends up happening.
Yes, and that along with DPC's history of punishing thuples are making me nervous. I make no excuses. I think DPC's writing needs serious help. I do think he does some of the best wingmen in the business. His renders/animations are also top notch. He has a good ear for the music that belongs with DaDIk. My praise ends there. He is not the worst writer out there to be sure. He is also not the best writer by a wide margin.
I got banned from his Patreon Page, Discord, and even his Steam forums for my critical yet constructive comments about his writing skill or lack there of.
He doesn't miss one $25 buck patron, and I have already paid for steam game.
My worry, early on, was that Bella would be this novel's Leah.
I don't think that is the case anymore. I believe her drama will come from getting with Bella and either during the passion, or the morning after, James will come in and start his shit. He might even strike Bella, and then the MC will go apeshit after James and possibly kill him, thus ending up in jail, and losing Bella (at least for a short time) while she processes all of this.
THAT is my current theory...
Along with Quinn getting killed due to her underworld dealings.
Jill either being the Auntie of the MC, or possibly cousin, and ends up with Tybalt-or in a thruple with Bella and the MC.
That Jade will leave Stephen for the MC, which I am hoping for to Cuck Stephen and Tybalt
Riona entering the witness protection program and gone.
That Zoey shows back up and wants the MC back
That Josy rebuffs Tommy's advances and then videos her and the MC fucking and sends it to him
That Nick is the traitor DIK with Vinny
That Chad is with Troy which stupidly causes a scandalous storm on campus for some F'ed up reason.
That Maya shows off the MC as her boyfriend to her family, and gets the money and approval she craves. (whether her and Josy stay with the MC or not is another question)
That Derek, bless his heart, get's stuck with Wendy due to her getting pregnant. OR he ends up with Cammie and Mona as a thruple. Or Mel and Sarah.... Both thruple options are what my spiritual brother deserves!
That Mona calls the cops on Quinn's operation.
KRJ, Sally, and Cathy all for a quad maneuver and pull Big Love on the MC.
Dawes goes to prison and gets some "Brown Eye Opening" action non stop for his entire stay.
That Caleb and the MC finally have to go at it, since Caleb is the new Alpha at the Jocks and MC will end up as president of the DIKs so it will be an epic fight that the MC must win so as to end the thousand year war with the Jocks.
That Arieth joins the Ladies of the Pink Rose.
That Lily stakes her claim on the MC, and he can't resist.
That Nicole stakes her claim on the MC.
That all of the girls make the MC become their new PIMP.
That the MC mother is in fact alive and well.
I think those are most of my theories....
Peace

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gunizz

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I don't know who it is. The only thing I can say is that BeADIK is my favorite game here and Acting Lessons, I found it magnificent even with its blows to our heart.
BaDIK is definitely not my fav here. Acting Lessons doesn't even rate in my book.

tentatively
1- Heavy Five
2- Rebirth
3-City of Broken Dreamers
4- Life Happened
5- Something to Write About: The Author
6- Leap of Faith
7- Sorcerer
8- Time Stamps-both chapters
9- Depraved Awakening
10-Deliverence
11-Calisto
12-BaDIK
13-The Gift Reloaded
14-99 most anything else
100- Acting Lessons

Last edited:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
BaDIK is definitely not my fav here. Acting Lessons doesn't even rate in my book.

tentatively
1- Heavy Five
2- Rebirth
3-City of Broken Dreamers
4- Life Happened
5- Something to Write About: The Author
6- Leap of Faith
7- Sorcerer
8- Time Stamps-both chapters
9- Depraved Awakening
10-Deliverence
11-BaDIK
12-99 most anything else
100- Acting Lessons
Ok,It seems perfect to me, I have played many of the ones you mention and I like them but they don't even reach the level of this.That you personally have a problem with their games or with the DPC itself does not interest me either xD. I get to the point, if BaDIK is the game with the most comments, the most notes, the most fans and the most people playing it, it is for something, it is no coincidence.
Also, I didn't ask you to give me your top, I just said that Acting Lesson s is a brilliant AVN that earns much more from that disastrous event, unfortunately.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Ok,It seems perfect to me, I have played many of the ones you mention and I like them but they don't even reach the level of this.That you personally have a problem with their games or with the DPC itself does not interest me either xD. I get to the point, if BaDIK is the game with the most comments, the most notes, the most fans and the most people playing it, it is for something, it is no coincidence.
Also, I didn't ask you to give me your top, I just said that Acting Lesson s is a brilliant AVN that earns much more from that disastrous event, unfortunately.
Not saying you did ask. BaDIK has a ton of fans. It has been marketed better, and is active on Patreon and Steam and maybe other places I am aware of. As I said before, I give DPC top marks on his renders and music. I give him far far less credit for writing a story.
You said that BaDIK was your favorite. I was being friendly and sharing my favorites which does include BaDIK, albeit further down my list, as the story telling suffers compared to the stories above it in my list. To each their own man. You love it best, then fantastic for you! I happen to like it, but it is not at the top of my order of preference.
Peace

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
I feel like what will happen to Bella is less severe than what most people are thinking would happen. People play Acting Lessons and automatically think DPC will recycle storylines. If he does, that would be very poor writing on his part

Reactions: Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I feel like what will happen to Bella is less severe than what most people are thinking would happen. People play Acting Lessons and automatically think DPC will recycle storylines. If he does, that would be very poor writing on his part
I agree 10000% And he is giving every indication that this is possible, hence why I am so down on his writing.

Reactions: Cokebaths

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
So i check the moment someone posted the Cathy pic on Rooster. Nick, the main suspect was on the Library, looking something in the corner. He seems to look the armchair. He insists in look there. The only thing i could find suspicious is thoose red spots. Could it be blood? Is kind of wierd Bella and Mc didnt noticed.
screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png screenshot0001.png

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
I agree 10000% And he is giving every indication that this is possible, hence why I am so down on his writing.
I'm holding on to the hope that he has some integrity as a writer, but I do agree that there's been hints of repeats

Reactions: Arigon

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Not saying you did ask. BaDIK has a ton of fans. It has been marketed better, and is active on Patreon and Steam and maybe other places I am aware of. As I said before, I give DPC top marks on his renders and music. I give him far far less credit for writing a story.
You said that BaDIK was your favorite. I was being friendly and sharing my favorites which does include BaDIK, albeit further down my list, as the story telling suffers compared to the stories above it in my list. To each their own man. You love it best, then fantastic for you! I happen to like it, but it is not at the top of my order of preference.
Peace
When you put Acting Lessons at 100, I didn't think it was very "friendly", you know? I don't care, but it seems that you have a trauma and I can understand it, the game is tough, but I enjoyed it and he introduced me to one of the best male and female characters ( Liam and Melissa ). And BaDIK will have marketing but, I discovered AVN in September this year and I met BaDIK in November and because it was recommended to me in other game threads, I think it was in Come Inside. So...

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
When you put Acting Lessons at 100, I didn't think it was very "friendly", you know? I don't care, but it seems that you have a trauma and I can understand it, the game is tough, but I enjoyed it and he introduced me to one of the best male and female characters ( Liam and Melissa ). And BaDIK will have marketing but, I discovered AVN in September this year and I met BaDIK in November and because it was recommended to me in other game threads, I think it was in Come Inside. So...
Totally friendly. I think Acting Lessons is one of the most contrived, ignorant stories out there. Even if you choose the athletic trait you can't drag two very petite girls out of the house? That is totally needless drama that ruined the story for a VAST number of people. People like me who have said that if DPC does the same thing with BADIK it would be the last purchase they ever made...
So I was simply illustrating that I think for a sophomore effort BADIK is far superior to his first crap novel.
that's all. No more, No less.

Reactions: Giaochino

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Whilst there are issues with certain parts of the way the story is written, like the situation with Maya and her tuition, I sometimes feel like a big issue with the writing is how the events will often play out the same way or in inexplicable ways in spite of or because of the branching decisions.

Take the library scene in Ep 4, for example, the point where I feel things really start to fall off. For a player who largely avoided going far with M&J, it might make sense that they get back together so easily because they haven't done enough with the MC to really be conflicted, and yet, mere moments later, they seemingly reveal they have feelings for him and are practically begging to be in a relationship with him. Now, for a player who did everything with them, the latter part might make sense since they've done a lot to develop those feelings, but then it doesn't make sense that they'd so easily kiss and make up moments earlier considering what they've done with the MC and the confused feelings they have. Then you add in the whole affinity thing and it leads to even more issues with plausibility.

This is, I feel, indicative of the larger issue which is that DPC isn't necessarily allowing players to fully chart their own course because they seem to be trying to tell one underlying story with a few options along the way and as such, things will largely play out the same rather than being more varied to accurately reflect the choices of the player and the relationships they're building. Much of the story is following a linear track with just a few sidings along the way that take you off it for a moment, but then it goes right back to the main track and it somewhat distorts events in such a way that they often don't make much sense given what else has transpired. Certain things happen purely for plot reasons or because they're locked to a specific path, but it doesn't always make sense from a narrative perspective.

Obvously, as a solo dev, they can't code and render every possible eventuality for scenes like the one in Ep 4, but perhaps there might have been ways to solve some of these issues by making certain events more universal, to give them a bit more ambiguity such that they work out in a way that better accounts for the various eventualities.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Whilst there are issues with certain parts of the way the story is written, like the situation with Maya and her tuition, I sometimes feel like a big issue with the writing is how the events will often play out the same way or in inexplicable ways in spite of or because of the branching decisions.

Take the library scene in Ep 4, for example, the point where I feel things really start to fall off. For a player who largely avoided going far with M&J, it might make sense that they get back together so easily because they haven't done enough with the MC to really be conflicted, and yet, mere moments later, they seemingly reveal they have feelings for him and are practically begging to be in a relationship with him. Now, for a player who did everything with them, the latter part might make sense since they've done a lot to develop those feelings, but then it doesn't make sense that they'd so easily kiss and make up moments earlier considering what they've done with the MC and the confused feelings they have. Then you add in the whole affinity thing and it leads to even more issues with plausibility.

This is, I feel, indicative of the larger issue which is that DPC isn't necessarily allowing players to fully chart their own course because they seem to be trying to tell one underlying story with a few options along the way and as such, things will largely play out the same rather than being more varied to accurately reflect the choices of the player and the relationships they're building. Much of the story is following a linear track with just a few sidings along the way that take you off it for a moment, but then it goes right back to the main track and it somewhat distorts events in such a way that they often don't make much sense given what else has transpired. Certain things happen purely for plot reasons or because they're locked to a specific path, but it doesn't always make sense from a narrative perspective.

Obvously, as a solo dev, they can't code and render every possible eventuality for scenes like the one in Ep 4, but perhaps there might have been ways to solve some of these issues by making certain events more universal, to give them a bit more ambiguity such that they work out in a way that better accounts for the various eventualities.
It’s a visual novel, not a sandbox game. You’re reading about the mc’s exploits. I’ve said it before, you’re like the devil or angel on his shoulder influencing him, but you are not him. You don’t get full control. It’s his story and it’s a lot of fun; I attribute that to the nostalgic setting (even if you never went to college, most people can identify with the teen sex college comedy genre), and good characterisations with a very engaging writing style. Sure there are some questionable plot devices, but I’m not reading it as an academic, I’m reading it as a horny male who wants to be entertained. Mission accomplished!

Wutzel

Aug 6, 2017
This is not really a spoiler but some people would freak out about it anyway...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I know what you mean I select her path in the first run and now I´m playing it without these to traitor bitches, and with the path more like Sage, Quinn and all the other is so much more fun. They look good but in my second playthough right now they are dead for me.

• Haha
Reactions: shazba
4.80 star(s) 1,524 Votes