crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Choices like that is why doing a man-whore route will become more & more difficult as the game progresses. If you're not pursuing Jill she won't show up at all in the first place and if you're not going after Sage you're given the option go help her or not. Expect more choices like that moving forward weather you like them or not.
I'm one of the people who actually like this choice. If a choice is "Kiss Jill/Don't kiss Jill" or "Finger Bella/Don't finger Bella", I don't even need to think. Choosing between two girls makes me think at least a little bit

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Jill's thinking seems quite definitive.

in theory MC might notice that Jill is avoiding him and re-establish a relationship with her, but for now BADIK has shown a very compact structure, without branches, which suggests a choice to in or out.

if it were definitive also for Sage (who in any case reacts in a definitive way even to the refusal to teach her to play the guitar) it would be even more forced, but I don't feel like excluding it. in her scene (which I liked anyway) nothing particularly important seems to happen to me, it is only reiterated that Sage would really like to trust MC but still doesn't feel like it.
Hopefully there are still enough episodes for it to be a hiccup and not a full stop in either relationship.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
since Christmas is approaching and we are all better off I launch a survey !!

the toto-dead!

who do you think is the number one candidate to be the hyper dramatic moment in history?

I give you my podium, the order is not so important:

Derek: It would be the real fatal blow to the story, very strong impact on MC, Maya and DIKs. his apparent depression worries me, he might do something very stupid to give himself a shake.

Josy: Not again ... in my opinion Maya's father's visit really puts only her in danger. here too it would be a mourning that would involve more characters. I forgot the omen of the D&G match, just to give myself a chance to hate that segment more

Quinn: It's the simple solution. The suspicion arises from the desire to make us feel empathy for her even though her role is quite clear. every scene with her always winks at the emotionality, at the little girl who grew up quickly behind the bully. if the crime-thriller plot takes over, she is the first candidate

it will seem strange that Bella is not there, but in her weird world I see her more as a threat than a victim. and despite being an LI it wouldn't have a big impact in every game. from the third chapter onwards we may have just cooked pancakes together ..

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Hopefully there are still enough episodes for it to be a hiccup and not a full stop in either relationship.
theoretically halfway through the game, MC may not already be tied to any LI

it is not known whether definitively, but so it would seem.

Will there be sudden re-entry points? it would be an absolute novelty in the genre

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Hey guys I'm having trouble updating my game from 5.2 to 6. When I paste the files the game just still displays 5.2 on the bottom right. Anyone can help?
If your 0.5.2 is from here, then it's unpacked (has rpyc files in the game folder). The patch doesn't work on an unpacked game (as per the warning about modified games in th OP). You'll need to download the full 0.6.1
how to open dev console?
Enabling Developer & Command Consoles In Ren'py
the toto-dead!

who do you think is the number one candidate to be the hyper dramatic moment in history?
None of them, doubt DPC will kill-off any major characters.

DPC has made it pretty clear he wants BaDIK to be fun & differentiated from AL, so don't think he'll pull the same stunt twice.

Seems to me BaDIK is more of a teen-angst comedy/drama than the high-stakes life or death stuff in AL.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
it's actually a choice between two really insignificant options (from MC's point of view)

Sage has a bit of flu, she's not dying, if Mc goes to see her the next day what changes?

Jill showed up suddenly, and while celebrating his birthday is a kind thought, that MC already has a plan for the day is believable. Mc doesn't know it's a great plan to let him know they won't see each other again.

I am not saying now that they must lie unconscious in a burning house, but it is not a choice that I would expect to have this irremediable impact.

the plot says you have to go to Jill, Sage we don't know how she will react, absolutely losing 2 RP may not be a drama, Jill facing Tybalt alone, given her mental recession, could be dangerous
But the MC doesn't know that, you do, but he doesn't. He's choosing between helping a sick friend or hanging out. But it's true that we don't know how they will react, but with the information the MC has it's hard to justify for any alignment to choose Jill in this scenario.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But the MC doesn't know that, you do, but he doesn't. He's choosing between helping a sick friend or hanging out. But it's true that we don't know how they will react, but with the information the MC has it's hard to justify for any alignment to choose Jill in this scenario.

I agree with you

but it is like in the choice between Maya or Josy after the visit of Josy's father.

the story says to follow Maya, the game rewards you if you follow Josy

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I agree with you

but it is like in the choice between Maya or Josy after the visit of Josy's father.

the story says to follow Maya, the game rewards you if you follow Josy
While you may get relationship points with Josy for following her, and no points with Maya for following Maya, the game also keeps track of who you choose to follow (and who you told Derek you were still interested in). Those flags may or may not be relevant later on. However the RP distribution at this point only provides points to Josy because she is way behind Maya's tally at this point (because she's been out of the game for so long and the scoreboard needs to be leveled). So don't consider there to be no reward going with Maya, if you want to chose Maya, choose Maya (but seriously, who would choose Maya over Josy anyway?)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If your 0.5.2 is from here, then it's unpacked (has rpyc files in the game folder). The patch doesn't work on an unpacked game (as per the warning about modified games in th OP). You'll need to download the full 0.6.1

Enabling Developer & Command Consoles In Ren'py

None of them, doubt DPC will kill-off any major characters.

DPC has made it pretty clear he wants BaDIK to be fun & differentiated from AL, so don't think he'll pull the same stunt twice.

Seems to me BaDIK is more of a teen-angst comedy/drama than the high-stakes life or death stuff in AL.
I understand your position.

but in AL the problem was not the death of an important character, but the drama built to justify it, which eventually becomes dominant over the story, from the start to the finale, from hospitalization for coma to kidnapping.

of course I hope nothing will happen, but death is not an extraordinary event.

excluding the hypothesis of Josy, which would be very Leah's style, that Derek falls from a roof after having two joints (as it was about to happen to MC), that Quinn pays his acquaintances are not forcing the story

in comedies people still die

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
While you may get relationship points with Josy for following her, and no points with Maya for following Maya, the game also keeps track of who you choose to follow (and who you told Derek you were still interested in). Those flags may or may not be relevant later on. However the RP distribution at this point only provides points to Josy because she is way behind Maya's tally at this point (because she's been out of the game for so long and the scoreboard needs to be leveled). So don't consider there to be no reward going with Maya, if you want to chose Maya, choose Maya (but seriously, who would choose Maya over Josy anyway?)
they are arguments made with the walkthrough in hand

but between a girl who runs away crying and one who has to carry a suitcase, there is no dilemma about who you should reach
recover that RP with Josy what's the use instead? to touch her underwear on the picnic?

for now those two choices (the only sign of the individual routes) count as much as going right first or first left in a free roam

• Thinking Face
Reactions: moskyx and shazba
Jun 1, 2020
Just adding my thoughts to the M/J discussion. I definitely see merit in both sides of the arguement. If the MC is a DIK then he shouldnt mind going off to the various other girls. If MC is a CHIK then you basically get the throuple thing anyway. For me personally, the first time I played without any guidance I was Neutral but with more of a DIK lean. I got rejected by M/J and that shit actually hurt for a bit. I think what caused that feeling and maybe it's the same for others, wasnt so much the dialogue as those two kissing as MC walks away. Like a very visual, MC no longer matters to them. Yes MC was kind of dating both and everyone technically cheated, but there would realistically be some feelings put into both girls. Then to have those feelings rejected would suck. I've personally experienced that flirtacious period with a girl where everything seems to be clicking and then when you finally decide the time is right to pull the trigger and go for a relationship, you get turned down. It makes you feel terrible. It also can make things awkward later so the idea of being around M/J afterwards, i can definitely see as not something people want to do. In that first playthrough i mentioned, i for one wanted to just cut off ANY relationship with them. A hello here and there in class is one thing. But more than thay would open fresh wounds too much in my opinion.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

View attachment 933785
DPC out here really trying to give people a heart attack. :oops: And not because of those divine asscheeks, but because of the implication of the preview. :eek:

But never fear, because this preview is most certainly from the (no pun intended) bottom up as this would appear to be in the HOT's pool. Why do I think this? The recessed ceiling.

We don't have many shots of the ceiling in the pool, but there is this brief shot of it in it Ep 3:
ep3_hot_week16.jpg

So it would appear that Josy is staring up at that ceiling whilst floating in the HOT pool. Now, this would seem to imply that at least Josy is still with the HOTs after the events of Ep 6 which is somewhat surprising as you'd think she would leave in solidarity with Maya. So this may be possible fallout from the visit of Maya's Dad; either Josy is having to stay with the HOTs in order to avoid being caught in the dorm with Maya should her Dad make another surprise visit, or Maya's Dad has taken her away and Josy has chosen to stay with the HOTs rather than stay in the dorm she was sharing with Maya because it reminds her she's gone.

Either way, this preview feels quite melancholy, like it's one of those moments where the person in the pool is feeling sad an depressed and is floating aimlessly in the pool to try and forget their troubles.

(but seriously, who would choose Maya over Josy anyway?)
It is a hard choice because Josy has an amazing sex scene, definitely one of the best in the game, but it really feels like Maya needs some comfort because she's just been reminded of what she's lost with her Dad which is why I went with her. But it still feels bad to not go with Josy because you're basically leaving her to lug her cases all the way to the dorm by herself at night, so it's a difficult choice for a couple of reasons, and not just because of the sex scenes you get.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,524 Votes