Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Dude just take the lose :ROFLMAO: . it's not a dik chick, good bad choice. the only thing what would go against a "your chick personality". if MC goes out with Jill, and don't even text to sage.
but seriously. you awfully try to force your own values to the MC.:ROFLMAO:.
It's not a lose, I don't think you've even understood my argument yet, because you still went with the "You're pissed because you have to choose" BS.

Reactions: ename144

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
It's not a lose, I don't think you've even understood my argument yet, because you still went with the "You're pissed because you have to choose" BS.
No, You don't have a legitimate argument other than how you think this should be because you don't like it. it's like an SJW bitching about Cyberpunk 2077 not being Woke enough for her taste, therefore bad game. :ROFLMAO:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
  1. If the MC is a massive Chick, and feels empathy and loyalty to his first commitment - to visit his sick friend Sage - and has to tell Jill that he can't make it to her spontaneous outing, and explains it nicely to her and she feels a little disappointed but overall understands the situation. What is wrong with that?
  2. Alternatively, if the MC is a massive Chick, and feels empathy and loyalty to his first commitment - to visit his sick friend Sage - but desperately wants to go with Jill on this nice picnic she's organised, so he messages Sage that he'll see her a little later in the day to which she tells him to forget about it. What is wrong with that?
The second scenario went a little poorly because Sage, being Sage, didn't handle it well. No surprise there.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
There's that line Buddy made about how if Quinn knew how Vinny was running his operations, she wouldn't be behind him in income. She just kept her mouth shut there, but I got the feeling from that interaction that she's intentionally keeping her operation small. Even the whole "six new sisters" putting a strain on her margins ended up being a little bit of a fakeout in that she always intended to fail Maya/Josy. So my guess is she's trying to not go all-in on the drug dealer/pimp life. She's keeping her operation small, so that she doesn't make big waves and keeps herself an unknown in the game. Using it for her own ends and then she's going to cut and run.

My two cents.
Hard to know without a clear insight into whole Quinn and Vinny respective business. But yeah, so far Quinn has just provided cheap products (weed, pills, Xanax) to a bunch of students. The coke was a first time. It's unlikely she intends to become a big dealer later. Considering she has her own drug issues, selling is maybe just a way to have direct access to the products.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
  1. If the MC is a massive Chick, and feels empathy and loyalty to his first commitment - to visit his sick friend Sage - and has to tell Jill that he can't make it to her spontaneous outing, and explains it nicely to her and she feels a little disappointed but overall understands the situation. What is wrong with that?
  2. Alternatively, if the MC is a massive Chick, and feels empathy and loyalty to his first commitment - to visit his sick friend Sage - but desperately wants to go with Jill on this nice picnic she's organised, so he messages Sage that he'll see her a little later in the day to which she tells him to forget about it. What is wrong with that?
The second scenario went a little poorly because Sage, being Sage, didn't handle it well. No surprise there.
True. Except, if you are not in relationship with her, based on the text message you posted, in that case she handels it way better :).

Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Ok, so after discovering that (through episodes 1-6) Jill's Relationship Points (RP) in the game do bugger all I thought I'd check up all the mains LIs RPs and their impact on the game.

Bella
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Jill
Josy
Maya
Sage

So we can currently say that the RPs do pretty much fuck all in this game at the moment.

That's not to say that the decisions the mc makes and the individual actions he takes don't have their own impacts. The RPs are a gauge of the actions he's been taking, but typically not a mechanism in their own right for controlling the game's outcomes (exceptions being listed above).

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Ok, so after discovering that (through episodes 1-6) Jill's Relationship Points (RP) in the game do bugger all I thought I'd check up all the mains LIs RPs and their impact on the game.

Bella
Jill
Josy
Maya
Sage

So we can currently say that the RPs do pretty much fuck all in this game at the moment.

That's not to say that the decisions the mc makes and the individual actions he takes don't have their own impacts. The RPs are a gauge of the actions he's been taking, but typically not a mechanism in their own right for controlling the game (exceptions being listed above).
if you can't stand Derek, say it freely ....

don't hide yourself

RPs are very useless for now, the choices (call them flags if you prefer) no, they seem more definitive

Reactions: Yuno Gasai

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Nobody is being penalized for anything.

Miniscule RP don't matter at this point. If choosing Sage causes a CHICK MC to lose Jill forever then you have a point

As if right now, you created an imaginary situation in your head, and are trying to argue from that standpoint.
The fact that I created this imaginary situation in my head, as you say, don't you think it could mean that something is "wrong"? Because those like you who don't see it that way, probably wouldn't see anything wrong either if the choice were presented the way we're saying it could have been presented. I wouldn't get an odd/ilogical vibe from it, neither would you, and we wouldn't be discussing this while all of us would still be conscious of the potential importance of the choice. But I think a CHICK-sided player is lead to feel bad about this choice. If that's the intention, then mission accomplished. If not, then someone made a mistake, and that one was not just me.

As if right now, I know that behaving like a CHICK around Jill has always been the best option... except at the very first time she's directly involved, when the "CHICK" option (stay true to your word) means ditching her -> which leads to her not telling you about Tybalt, which leads to you not being able to tell her you want to fight for her, to help her and to prove him wrong. I don't know if this will be definitive but for sure it will drag her drama and maybe cause some consequences for her till we get another option (IF we ever get it) to tackle the issue. If we're interested in her, by making what feels another CHICK decision we're probably bound to a middle ground between the full disclosure about her problems with Tybalt (and ours) we get if we go with her, and the complete oblivion a DIK MC founds himself in in the path where she never comes to us for this picnic date. Only time will tell what the real consequences are and if this situation can be overturned, but I feel this as a penalty.

Trust me, I know this is a choice to show who I'm more interested in. I know it has nothing to do with affinity, it's just a "do you prefer Jill over Sage, or Sage over Jill?" in case you're still in both girls' path somehow. Because that's the flag that DPC sets in the code. I know that I can't bend reality to appease my wishes (which are NOT getting both girls in the same path, cause I know I won't have both and I understand the choice should be made at some point) but I would have expected the writer of the game to come up with a choice more consistent with the rest of choices presented during the game. That's when everything falls down for me: if I like Jill, I've been "led" during the whole game to make CHICK choices, and now I have to change that mindset to pursue her. Which I understand, I really do: sometimes, when the moment arises, you have to get your priorities right, take the chance and go for it. The thing is that my MC can't possibly know this is (let's say this can be) so important for his relationship with Jill. That's just it, I only want all of you to understand why it feels odd to me.

Tl; Dr: Honestly, I would be happy with at least someone who don't think this is a problem saying "in that situation, going to visit Sage as you promised would be the CHICKest choice" :ROFLMAO:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

Bella
Jill
Josy
Maya
Sage

That's not to say that the decisions the mc makes and the individual actions he takes don't have their own impacts. The RPs are a gauge of the actions he's been taking, but typically not a mechanism in their own right for controlling the game's outcomes (exceptions being listed above).
Good to know , Josy best girl :love:
BeingADIK 2020-12-09 18-03-52-89.png
BeingADIK 2020-11-19 22-07-01-73.png
BeingADIK 2020-11-19 22-07-07-93.png

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
The fact that I created this imaginary situation in my head, as you say, don't you think it could mean that something is "wrong"? Because those like you who don't see it that way, probably wouldn't see anything wrong either if the choice were presented the way we're saying it could have been presented. I wouldn't get an odd/ilogical vibe from it, neither would you, and we wouldn't be discussing this while all of us would still be conscious of the potential importance of the choice. But I think a CHICK-sided player is lead to feel bad about this choice. If that's the intention, then mission accomplished. If not, then someone made a mistake, and that one was not just me.

As if right now, I know that behaving like a CHICK around Jill has always been the best option... except at the very first time she's directly involved, when the "CHICK" option (stay true to your word) means ditching her -> which leads to her not telling you about Tybalt, which leads to you not being able to tell her you want to fight for her, to help her and to prove him wrong. I don't know if this will be definitive but for sure it will drag her drama and maybe cause some consequences for her till we get another option (IF we ever get it) to tackle the issue. If we're interested in her, by making what feels another CHICK decision we're probably bound to a middle ground between the full disclosure about her problems with Tybalt (and ours) we get if we go with her, and the complete oblivion a DIK MC founds himself in in the path where she never comes to us for this picnic date. Only time will tell what the real consequences are and if this situation can be overturned, but I feel this as a penalty.

Trust me, I know this is a choice to show who I'm more interested in. I know it has nothing to do with affinity, it's just a "do you prefer Jill over Sage, or Sage over Jill?" in case you're still in both girls' path somehow. Because that's the flag that DPC sets in the code. I know that I can't bend reality to appease my wishes (which are NOT getting both girls in the same path, cause I know I won't have both and I understand the choice should be made at some point) but I would have expected the writer of the game to come up with a choice more consistent with the rest of choices presented during the game. That's when everything falls down for me: if I like Jill, I've been "led" during the whole game to make CHICK choices, and now I have to change that mindset to pursue her. Which I understand, I really do: sometimes, when the moment arises, you have to get your priorities right, take the chance and go for it. The thing is that my MC can't possibly know this is (let's say this can be) so important for his relationship with Jill. That's just it, I only want all of you to understand why it feels odd to me.

Tl; Dr: Honestly, I would be happy with at least someone who don't think this is a problem saying "in that situation, going to visit Sage as you promised would be the CHICKest choice" :ROFLMAO:
if you are truly on a Chick path. You won't be with Sage at all :ROFLMAO: . well at least, you won't be more than simple friend with her. and Chick will definitely tell her that "sorry but I don't want to get the disease from you".

funny how this decision, is so controversial for some, but the idea of a "Chick personality MC" , being totally fine with the idea of Him using Sage as a Fuck buddy because, Hey I'm helping her feel good, while I feel good, despite she is clearly in love with someone else. that is somehow totally ok for a Chick personality MC, it's not controversial at all:ROFLMAO:
She is not even the one who break up with Chad, its the other way around. if Chad at any point would have say : "Sage ,Honey I'm home, get on your knees ". Sage would have dumped the MC without a heartbeat, luckily for some. DPC was not brave enough to pull this off, or jerk enough, depend on the view:ROFLMAO:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
if you are truly on a Chick path. You won't be with Sage at all :ROFLMAO: . well at least, you won't be more than simple friend with her. and Chick will definitely tell her that "sorry but I don't want to get the disease from you".

funny how this decision, is so controversial for some, but the idea of a "Chick personality MC" , being totally fine with the idea of Him using Sage as a Fuck buddy because, Hey I'm helping her feel good, while I feel good, despite she is clearly in love with someone else. that is somehow totally ok for a Chick personality MC, it's not controversial at all:ROFLMAO:
She is not even the one who break up with Chad, its the other way around. if Chad at any point would have say : "Sage ,Honey I'm home, get on your knees ". Sage would have dumped the MC without a heartbeat, luckily for some. DPC was not brave enough to pull this off, or jerk enough, depend on the view:ROFLMAO:
Even if I'm just friends with her, I still would feel going with her as the CHICKest choice. About the rest, you're totally right

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
No, You don't have a legitimate argument other than how you think this should be because you don't like it. it's like an SJW bitching about Cyberpunk 2077 not being Woke enough for her taste, therefore bad game. :ROFLMAO:
It's funny you say that, because you are the one without arguments and you keep strawmanning me at every post you make.
I don't have any issues with 1, but I don't think it's in character for a CHICK MC to act like 2.

Sage's reply goes totally in line with her, it was to be expected. But we still don't know if Jill considers this a reason to break up/stop seeing each other. Maybe she does.

Bella
Jill
Josy
Maya
Sage

DPC said he didn't want people minmaxing RP points, so they will probably be used for this kind of stuff and leave important things to other checks.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I think, the the CHICKest choice is to not even call her :ROFLMAO: .
Why on earth not? Even if the MC never fooled around with Sage in the slightest, she just turned to him for emotional support after Chad dumped her. It's hardly unreasonable to call her to see how she's doing a few days later. The MC has no reason to think calling Sage would eventually impose on a major milestone with Jill during a future date she hasn't told him about yet.

And that's the big problem. As soon as the player chooses to call her, Sage asks him to come over and take care of her. Now MCs not on Sage's path can always beg off, but at that time they have literally nothing else to do. So the only reason to do beg off is if they were worried about getting sick. If an MC agrees to help, clearly they didn't mind the germs. At that point, as I said before, it feels like an extremely DIK move to cancel on Sage just to fool around with Jill.

It might be different if the MC knew this date was extremely important to Jill, but of course she deliberately hides that from him. As far as the MC knows, Jill called at a bad time and there's no reason she shouldn't be willing to take a rain check. Jill's request - on its face - is just an inherently lower priority than Sage's, regardless of how much the MC likes Jill.

That's what makes the choice so one sided, which is pretty much opposite of what you expect from a good dilemma.

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
Sorry if I'm not the first person to suggest this, but could Josy be in a tanning bed/booth in that pic? I've seen people suggest she's floating in the water, but her hair looks dry and her skin looks sweaty, neither of which suggests being in the water to me. Just a thought.

Also, that image says Ep. 7 preview #2? I must have completely missed #1, can anyone re-post it (or link to a prior comment). Would greatly appreciate it.

Gunizz

Aug 9, 2017
[Quinn] She's just a broken girl pretending to be tough, navigating through the world the only way she knows how. She'll be the first to die...

View attachment 935284
That would be a typical Hollywood plot, sinner pays his/her sins by dying or redeem his/her soul to Jezzus' eyes by sacrificing his life to save the good guys. Very US American puritan mentality. I do hope DPC, being from Europe, is not giving us that condescending crap. I want to be surprised and emotionally affected when reading a VN, not just look at sex scenes, otherwise I would just fap to a set of images without wasting time in reading. I expect DPC to set a more complex and intriguing narrative than the average VN.

Jill can hire a killer (Bella?) and have Tybalt killed, in life even good people sometimes do very bad gestures
Yes, and that's when they become "bad people" (I mean, we're talking about killing someone, not stealing an apple).
By the way, I really hope Jill reveals herself as a "bad" and naughty girl, an orgy addicted, that would make many CHICKS cry. :)

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes