ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The same could be said about some of the other main girls, there's no point in trying to make of the sloppy writing that's in place.
It's all in the eye of the beholder of course, but I strongly disagree.

The connection to the other LIs may or may not ring true, but in no other case do I get the impression I'm actively harming the girl by pursuing her. With Bella I do. I consider that not only a difference, I consider it a profound and unmistakable one.

Reactions: DavDR and moskyx

$JACKIE1492

Sep 19, 2018
I liked this scene too. But regarding Quinn helping Maya, she obviously likes the MC (more obvious depending on the paths you take), but she clearly doesn't like Maya. Maya came to the HOTs looking for free tuition while at the same time she didn't even like the HOTs. Quinn just uses her for her own amusement with no intention of helping her, and then once she finds out the MC has some feelings for Maya (whether you as the player like it or not), she uses Maya to mess with the MC. Quinn messes with everyone, it's just her way (she's a cunt), just like she uses Josy to mess with Tommy and she and Tommy are friends. But no, I doubt very much Quinn would lift a finger to help Maya even if the MC asks (Quinn's a fucking drug dealer, she's far from altruistic).

I agree mate don't think Quinn would help Maya but will she help the MC if he's in trouble that's what I been wondering lately.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It's all in the eye of the beholder of course, but I strongly disagree.

The connection to the other LIs may or may not ring true, but in no other case do I get the impression I'm actively harming the girl by pursuing her. With Bella I do. I consider that not only a difference, I consider it a profound and unmistakable one.
I don't think the mc is harming her though. He's bringing her out of her comfort zone, making her face something she's been avoiding. He's not doing it intentionally though, not until ep.6 where he talks directly (but too briefly) about it with her. She needs this to help her come to terms with her (ex)(dead)(victim) husband's situation.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I agree mate don't think Quinn would help Maya but will she help the MC if he's in trouble that's what I been wondering lately.
I wonder if that slap that Maya gave her when she found out that she was being taken for a ride regarding the free tuition was a wake up call to Quinn that she'd taken it too far (in which case she may relent and offer some minor form of assistance via the mc), or if it just makes Quinn dislike Maya even more. :unsure:

I don't really think Quinn will change her ways, and I don't think she'll help Maya as a favor to the mc. Maya's problems aren't the mc's problems.

But if the MC was in any direct dilemma, Quinn may help, but she does seem inherently selfish.

$JACKIE1492

Sep 19, 2018
You sir, have been converted to the Quinn side. Now that she has a hold of your fly MC, you will slip further and further into her tangled web of deceit. You're going to have to give her your 5K and your other LI(s) most certainly will become romantic casualties when they learn of the affair. But when Quinn's devious ways ultimately get Riona killed will you still feel the same? :unsure: Time will tell.

Looks damn good in cut up jeans though.
Jill will always be my No. 1 mate But Quinn she is ..........Deliciously evil:devilish: I wonder would happen to her and the MC in the next episode. I kope the she doesn't get Riona killed cause I would like to see more of her cheers!

$JACKIE1492

Sep 19, 2018
I wonder if that slap that Maya gave her when she found out that she was being taken for a ride regarding the free tuition was a wake up call to Quinn that she'd taken it too far (in which case she may relent and offer some minor form of assistance via the mc), or if it just makes Quinn dislike Maya even more. :unsure:

I don't really think Quinn will change her ways, and I don't think she'll help Maya as a favor to the mc. Maya's problems aren't the mc's problems.

But if the MC was in any direct dilemma, Quinn may help, but she does seem inherently selfish.
Yeah mate I think Quinn will suffer a near death experience in order for her to wake up.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't think the mc is harming her though. He's bringing her out of her comfort zone, making her face something she's been avoiding. He's not doing it intentionally though, not until ep.6 where he talks directly (but too briefly) about it with her. She needs this to help her come to terms with her (ex)(dead)(victim) husband's situation.
Maya's confusion about liking boys or her dread of public sex is someone out of their comfort zone. Bella's rumination that she'd become and adulteress verges on a nervous breakdown.

I'm not saying romance is bad for Bella full stop, I'm saying it's something that shouldn't happen until after her demons are exorcised. Trying to use sex as therapy to solve this particular problem is a spectacularly bad idea to me.

Quinn won't change her ways until she finally hits rock bottom. Given that she just shrugged off getting mugged, I think that might be a while. If that finally does happen (and she survives), Quinn could change considerably.

Until then, I think she might help the MC if he's not dating Maya and the opportunity arises, but I would be surprised if she helped him when he's on the M&J path. I think Quinn has very little respect for an MC she views as a dumb white knight, and pursuing the game's designated damsel in distress makes it pretty hard to argue that label. And I don't think Quinn would lift a finger to help Maya under any circumstance.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Maya's confusion about liking boys or her dread of public sex is someone out of their comfort zone. Bella's rumination that she'd become and adulteress verges on a nervous breakdown.

I'm not saying romance is bad for Bella full stop, I'm saying it's something that shouldn't happen until after her demons are exorcised. Trying to use sex as therapy to solve this particular problem is a spectacularly bad idea to me.

Quinn won't change her ways until she finally hits rock bottom. Given that she just shrugged off getting mugged, I think that might be a while. If that finally does happen (and she survives), Quinn could change considerably.

Until then, I think she might help the MC if he's not dating Maya and the opportunity arises, but I would be surprised if she helped him when he's on the M&J path. I think Quinn has very little respect for an MC she views as a dumb white knight, and pursuing the game's designated damsel in distress makes it pretty hard to argue that label. And I don't think Quinn would lift a finger to help Maya under any circumstance.
Yeah, if you're on the Maya path Quinn is not interested, that's established in Ep6 after the mugging.

Not knowing what Bella's trauma is makes it obviously difficult to more accurately speculate, but she's spent 3 years seemingly in denial of whatever happened between her and her husband. If he's dead, asking for him to return after three years is more than a little delusional and she's unlikely to snap out of it soon without outside influence. If he's left her due to something she's done, after three years she needs to understand he's not coming back. Pining for him that long shows she needs someone to assist her through it. If he's tied up in the locked room and she's ass raping him with a strap-on each evening... not sure what to say about that.

If he's dead though, which is what I've felt all along (and not because she murdered him), I can understand her feeling she is betraying him by being with another, but asking for him to forgive her and come back... doesn't really hold up that idea unless she's mental, which she seemingly is anyway.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Assuming Mona's gone for good or the time being, will Sage at all question why her Daughter decided to not just leave the HOT's but the school as well or will DPC not bother with that like Derek wanting to get payback on Quinn?

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Assuming Mona's gone for good or the time being, will Sage at all question why her Daughter decided to not just leave the HOT's but the school as well or will DPC not bother with that like Derek wanting to get payback on Quinn?
Mona leaving is tied to some plots(Quinn and tangently Jade, mainly) and it was delivered in a high profile moment, so I feel like it is definitely going to be followed up on.

Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I'm still hoping the Quinn payback is in the cards; a dose of her own medicine is long overdue.

Mona's disappearance will surely be addressed, it was one of the surprise notes during the ending sequence, and hopefully the MC will get more Sage time in Ep.7 where perhaps Sage will start to question Quinn's unhealthy influence over the sorority.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
from the point of view of MC it must practically always force the LIs even if for different reasons.

the only exception is Sage who takes the initiative, they are fuckbuddies because it is Sage who wants it.
with Josy the situation is less linear as she is the one who places obstacles and then asks Mc to force them (I'm engaged, but it's not goodbye ... I shouldn't have called you, but let's arrange an appointment ... I shouldn't have invited you, but just stay and sleep here ... I can't trust you for a threesome, but I know I would have been happy with you ..)
MC has to put pressure on Maya otherwise she would never have crossed the screen of lies and omissions
in the same way he must act with Jill, he cannot wait for her to take the initiative (if it were for Jill the relationship would have ended no sense in the sixth chapter)

so from this point of view the relationship with Bella is not so different (except that she is married, that she is twice his age and she is a teacher ...) however, with the difference that Bella would have objective reasons for rejecting MC and that their relationship already starts under the sign of immorality, Bella wants to know him to defend Jill but she ends up being a big obstacle to Jill's happiness

but from our point of view, as players, it's undeniable that MC will regret what he's doing, confusing a woman who would need help instead.
even a moment for MC apparently of consolidation of the relationship like that of chapter 6 (the after sex ...) for us players it remains an omen of tension and danger

if, absurdly, chapter 7 opened with Bella's suicide, MC could have doubts about why, but we don't, for us a lot of the responsibility would be precisely of MC / our behavior

I find the comparison of ename144 very fitting: Bella behaves like an alcoholic who is carried around the bar by a friend, tries to resist but falls.

but in the classic DPC paradox, we can choose whether to let her go, and abandon her to her fate, or continue to press her and be responsible for her impending breakdown.

KoolMe

Jun 23, 2019
To me, Josy has the worst LI storyline by a lot. You boot up the game and MC and her just like each other, but that never transfered to me as a player. There was very little development compared to the other girls, and what was there came off to me as she being way too flirtatious for someone in a relationship.
So yeah, I wouldnt mind it too much if I had to choose, it would be easy Maya
To me Josy was the most relatable gal next door in the game without all the shitty unnecessary free tuition dramas
The two actual dates with her had more character development and immersion than the entire one sided delusion of honesty with Maya(its time we get to swap her for a better blonde like Lily or even better Riona)

her sex scenes even gave sage(my fav gal along with jill) a run for her money .
But all went downhill when she stepped on the pile of dog shit , the maya drama , and stank up her whole story

I hope the great holy father of Maya , who art in heaven , hallowed be thy name , may finally cleanse the dog shit off Josy,
amen

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah, I simplified things for the sake of not overextending the comment, but I'd argue every girl but Josy has something that made them grow closer and closer to MC.

Josy: She's already your crush as you start the game. All of a sudden she decides do be very flirty with MC for some reason. She hooks up with you a couple of times, kinda disappears, comes back as Maya's GF, and now you're already discussing relationship status.

Jill: She's meant to be the angel character, so she meets MC as she's trying to help him. But that's just who she is, she'd do that for anyone. However what sets MC apart for her is that you're different than all the snobs she's surrounded by. You're a simple guy, yet you're indifferent to her money and status, and you're not out to impress her like the other guys do.

Sage: Notice I said "romance" and not "sex". Sage has a much more casual vision of sex, so it doesn't mean much here. That aside, you can see them growing closer on other aspects. She starts off blackmailing MC into helping her, but from that you grow into being her confidant, and eventually her friend. As her relationship crumbles, you're the guy that's there for her, listening to her frustrations, and providing her sexual relief. I'd argue she's still in the "growing closer" phase, rather than "romance phase". She's still getting development, as she never thought of the MC as something more than a casual fling, but we're getting there.

Bella: Has a shitty opinion of you, but gives you a chance because of Jill. She's very reluctant to you at first, but comes to know you mean no harm (in chick route). Again, wouldn't say they are at a romance level yet, but definetly growing closer. She's drawn to MC because she's a fairly lonely woman, deemed an "ice queen", but she sees you trying to crack through the ice. Plus, she has unresolved issues with her housband, and you can tell that deep down she craves for affection.

Sorry for the wall of text. If you got this far, here's a photo of a kitten as a reward:

View attachment 944218
and imagine if a wall of words scares me ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

with each LI the conditions for a relationship are built, but how this empathy is born is quite lightning-fast

Jill takes MC to heart because she believes him to be bullied as she had, but from this to making him sleep in her bed (for such a sober girl) at the first opportunity is a big jump

Isabella decides to give MC a chance for Jill's sake, Mc shows up drunk and despite this they make out at the first opportunity, going against Bella's impression of him and the reason why she wanted to know him and against friendship that Bella has for Jill.

it hardly ever happens that first they know each other and then like each other, but always the opposite, they like each other, they want each other and then they try to get to know each other (even with Sage it is like this)

the relationship is built later, very quickly, with not so many motivations

Reactions: Kellermann

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To me Josy was the most relatable gal next door in the game without all the shitty unnecessary free tuition dramas
The two actual dates with her had more character development and immersion than the entire one sided delusion of honesty with Maya(its time we get to swap her for a better blonde like Lily or even better Riona)

her sex scenes even gave sage(my fav gal along with jill) a run for her money .
But all went downhill when she stepped on the pile of dog shit , the maya drama , and stank up her whole story

I hope the great holy father of Maya , who art in heaven , hallowed be thy name , may finally cleanse the dog shit off Josy,
amen
I still think that the arrival of Maya's father puts Josy in more danger than his daughter.

as far as we know, for Maya's father, Josy is the problem, it is she that the daughter should not attend, and with her who tried to prevent her daughter from communicating (it was not understood how and when)

and it is probable or at least credible that he already knows that Josy is there, now she is Maya's official roommate, a phone call is enough to find out.

it could be the trauma that shatters the couple of girls again.

but even in that hypothesis Josy would have to find a new role, which she does not currently have outside of Maya. aside from Tommy, who has avoided her for now, she has no other important interactions with other characters (the inexplicable friendship with Jill is not)

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018

We don't really know what is going on with Quinn. I mean besides that she's selling drugs and pimping out girls. Does she do it on her own will? Does she need the money for something? What is the connection to these filthy dudes in the drug den? And what is the connection to the former DIK, who lived in the trashed library? Maybe she is in no position to help anyone.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I mean, everybody realizes that Josy is just the new Meghan right? The unfortunate forced anchor that a large portion of the story will be tethered to regardless. No matter how much you dislike or are indifferent towards Josy (or Meghan) you will likely never be able to truly escape her until the game ends.

If something similar happens in DPC's next game, i think it will be fair to say that "anchor girls" like this are his weakness (narratively and otherwise)
I didn't like ol' Meggers (discount Josy) at all. I started out being luke warm with Josy because she reminded me so much of Megan and because she disappeared from the story for a while, but in the later episodes I started to really like her when she got more screen time. And because...

s.jpg

The MC has apparently been obsessed with her [Bella] since that drunken kiss, but for the life of me I can't figure out why.
I can think of two reasons.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes