felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I didn't like ol' Meggers (discount Josy) at all. I started out being luke warm with Josy because she reminded me so much of Megan and because she disappeared from the story for a while, but in the later episodes I started to really like her when she got more screen time. And because...

View attachment 944609

I can think of two reasons.
two big reasons always in front of the eyes

if you want to deny them go ahead ...

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
from the point of view of MC it must practically always force the LIs even if for different reasons.

the only exception is Sage who takes the initiative, they are fuckbuddies because it is Sage who wants it.
with Josy the situation is less linear as she is the one who places obstacles and then asks Mc to force them (I'm engaged, but it's not goodbye ... I shouldn't have called you, but let's arrange an appointment ... I shouldn't have invited you, but just stay and sleep here ... I can't trust you for a threesome, but I know I would have been happy with you ..)
MC has to put pressure on Maya otherwise she would never have crossed the screen of lies and omissions
in the same way he must act with Jill, he cannot wait for her to take the initiative (if it were for Jill the relationship would have ended no sense in the sixth chapter)

so from this point of view the relationship with Bella is not so different (except that she is married, that she is twice his age and she is a teacher ...) however, with the difference that Bella would have objective reasons for rejecting MC and that their relationship already starts under the sign of immorality, Bella wants to know him to defend Jill but she ends up being a big obstacle to Jill's happiness

but from our point of view, as players, it's undeniable that MC will regret what he's doing, confusing a woman who would need help instead.
even a moment for MC apparently of consolidation of the relationship like that of chapter 6 (the after sex ...) for us players it remains an omen of tension and danger

if, absurdly, chapter 7 opened with Bella's suicide, MC could have doubts about why, but we don't, for us a lot of the responsibility would be precisely of MC / our behavior

I find the comparison of ename144 very fitting: Bella behaves like an alcoholic who is carried around the bar by a friend, tries to resist but falls.

but in the classic DPC paradox, we can choose whether to let her go, and abandon her to her fate, or continue to press her and be responsible for her impending breakdown.
I certainly hope nothing as extreme as a suicide happens (though this is DPC, so we can't rule it out). But otherwise I agree.

The root of all the problems with Maya is that the MC ignored the numerous warning signs Maya gave him because she 'obviously' liked the MC and wanted him more than she was willing to admit. There was some truth in that, but it was more complicated than just Maya being demure.

To me, Bella's situation is the industrial grade version of that: she's shown even less overt interest and there's far more of an edge to her panic when the MC pushes back on her refusals. DPC likes to play with genre conventions to generate 'realistic' drama when we were expecting things to work out because... sex. Bella fits right in with that model.

Hopefully nothing permanent is harmed in the process and we can get her the help she actually needs before the genuine romance gets under way.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I certainly hope nothing as extreme as a suicide happens (though this is DPC, so we can't rule it out). But otherwise I agree.

The root of all the problems with Maya is that the MC ignored the numerous warning signs Maya gave him because she 'obviously' liked the MC and wanted him more than she was willing to admit. There was some truth in that, but it was more complicated than just Maya being demure.

To me, Bella's situation is the industrial grade version of that: she's shown even less overt interest and there's far more of an edge to her panic when the MC pushes back on her refusals. DPC likes to play with genre conventions to generate 'realistic' drama when we were expecting things to work out because... sex. Bella fits right in with that model.

Hopefully nothing permanent is harmed in the process and we can get her the help she actually needs before the genuine romance gets under way.

suicide was meant to be an extreme example, in the face of which Bella's problematic situation could not be denied. I don't think it will happen.

I continue to struggle to see these clear signals from Maya, at the level of verbal communication she was at least contradictory, at the level of physical communication instead there was very little to interpret ...
and even now, after the sixth episode Maya has not yet decided what to be when she grows up, in this situation it is up to the others to decide, as did before Josy and after MC

the gathered hair makes her face strange ...

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
There is a moment when the MC is fucking Lily's throat that he says: oh god what good tits, even if they are fake they are incredible.

How can this pair of boobs be fake? come on don't fuck me xd
So true, and no one gets fake boobs that small. Lily's look completely real whereas Maya's look plastic. DPC should have switched them and then I would believe it.

the gathered hair makes her face strange ...
Yeah, it's those crazy eyebrows. With her hair down they're mostly covered and she looks good, but with her hair up, you can really see just how angled they are. Unsettling to say the least.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
The only thing that really bothers me in a visual novel is when there is absolutely no option to save an LI, i.e. they are predestined to die. And having to choose to save only one of two girls is also shite. I don't mind DPC or other devs including bad endings for characters based upon the choices your MC made, but if you do everything "right" then you should be able to save them; otherwise, it just seems like a dev fucking with you for no other reason than sadism. I know bad things happen to people in real life, but this is an AVN game centering around love interests. Throw me a bone here.

In ME2 for example, you can save all of your companions if you've done everything right. If you didn't, then some of them may not make it. That's what I'd like to see with characters like Quinn and Bella, and I seriously hope I don't have to worry about saving my beloved Sage from death. Don't do that to me, man. 2020 has been shitty enough, don't I deserve some small amount of joy in 2021?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
There is a moment when the MC is fucking Lily's throat that he says: oh god what good tits, even if they are fake they are incredible.

How can this pair of boobs be fake? come on don't fuck me xd
View attachment 944645
Lily's tits look great, I was surprised when the mc called them fake, yet no one comments on how fake as fuck Maya's tits look.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
I do want to replay the game,

I played the game almost 24 hours straight, while doing other chores around the house n things, (not to get to personal about myself, although you all seem like a kind understanding lot, is that I am pretty much considered a shut-in who do to physical aliments cant do a whole lot outside, so I have to take it east, and because of that games like these are my escape)

I do want to play this game again, and I shouldnt rely on the scene unlockers and things to get a more organic experience, maybe after the craziness of the next month or so dies down I'll start a new save and focus on another LI, or maybe just do the casual sex thing with those characters.
I completely understand how you feel I don't get out much mostly due to personal reasons but sometimes also due to health and something I am facing soon...When the wildfires in Oregon got bad it was the first time in years I didn't think of myself and I went to help I used to be a volunteer fire fighter on the east coast....I ran food water/gatorade type drinks and snacks out to the wild land guys/girls then ended up getting recruited by the red cross to help deliver food to people that didn't have power that was more physically demanding than the first job but I did it.

My body semi hated me for it after but yea...

Playing this and a few other vns has been great kept me busy while tending to other daily crap its even better when they have a story line like this that takes MC and his morals and challenges them greatly.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes