Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I'm not saying anyone deserves to be punished, but simply in AL if you want a relationship with two girls at the same time you get hit with a heart wrenching decision.

I think DPC would be very silly to employ the exact same dynamic to BaDIK, i.e. if you go for the threesome you'll be forced to choose and one will die, but you may still end up having to choose only one girl even if you like both of the two girls (just in the same way it is already possible the girls didn't choose the mc in that library scene).

Now that you mention Bella, that's a good point. It's hard to imagine a "happily ever after" relationship with her. The only thing the two seem to have in common are sex and Jill. Bella even states in the library that their humors are not compatible.
Neither of them has to die, if they simply make you choose and like them both, the decision is already very difficult and even more knowing that the one you reject is possibly going to hate you both forever and is going to be sad. I went through a moment of decision like this twice, I went for 2 girls at the same time and when I had to choose then everything went wrong hahaha

There's not a lot of specifics to report on this week. I've been working hard on dialogue/code and trying to keep a steady number of animations in the render queue.

I have posed a total of 131 animations and I also have re-worked a few episode 6 animations with a new technique I picked up.

At the moment, 94 animations for episode 7 are complete. I'm a bit unsure about the total animation count for this update, but I have several lewd scenes left to pose animations for.

I think it's safe to say that both the animation count and duration will be bigger and longer than for episode 6. For the static render count, it's too early to tell.

The episode will have a focus on both story and lewd scenes, but a bit more balanced compared to the story focused episode 6.

Poll news

The winner in this week's poll was option #4.

It will be featured in episode 7.

Right now, there's an on-going poll for a 2D wallpaper .

A final reminder for Vice Presidents and tiers above it, submit your render request before the end of December . 4 entries will be handpicked and produced for January's batch of custom renders.

Due to the holiday season, the next status update will be posted on January 1, 2021.

I will of course be working between now and then, with the exception of a few days, and you will see more posts from me before the end of the year.

Cheers

Dr PinkCake
So... Im going to replay episode 6 again xD

Reactions: shazba

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Dude,
I get your point of respectful disagreement, so here I go.
DPC can not write the story that matches his quality renders. He ruined AL. He is ruining BaDIK. He is tremendous at doing his renders. He is milking his Patrons, doing bullshit like the fluffy last update. We could do without all of that crap, and honestly I guarantee it wouldn't hurt one bit.
AL was contrived bullshit. BaDIK is heading the same way. I do so wish that DPC was actually still reading this stuff, but one of his moles does and they tell him the temperature of the water here. I think that if he found a good writer, and he stuck just to the artwork, he would be much more successful. Now fanbois are going to come facepalms ready, and that is ok, but it is true. There are so many other stories being displayed here on this board that are better than BaDIK. I could care less if he ever updates it again. Ok wait, I do want a full sex sequence with Bella, then I could give a shit. :D
Peace
You don't like drama in stories therefore bad writing. And calling fanboys to everyone who disagrees with you...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
This is a shame. I personally felt EP6's balance between the lewd and the story was perfect. I really liked to see finally we moved forward with the plot and it was not only about lewds. I enjoyed how MC was just not a walking dick and actually did deeds around the campus, also interacted with other girls more so than the other episodes without the only intention of fucking. I thought DPC would keep that balance moving onwards.

I don't want to see another EP5 that focuses on one day with like 5-6 lewd scenes with everyone on the same night.

I might came for the girls at first but I'm staying for the story. Please give me more story. At least he says it is more balanced, so I guess there is hope that it won't be anything like EP5.

That wording just got me worried a bit, I loved EP6.
I have trouble judging the sixth episode.

as far as the plot is concerned there have certainly been some steps forward, but what most involved me are very secondary events and not related to LIs, such as the fate of Quinn, Cathy and Mona.

what happened with the LIs was not very engaging, the only exception being Sage.

on the other hand, as far as sex is concerned, there was absolutely a lot of it, only chapter 5 goes further ..., in fact I don't understand what DPC refers to; overall we can count:

sex with Sara
scene with Bella
sex with Quinn
lewd scene with Maya in library
possible sex scenes during D&G
sex with Maya and Josy
sex with Nora
sex with Nichole and Sandy

it doesn't seem like a small thing to me, certainly a lot is optional (but in fact every sex scene is, maybe only the grinding is mandatory).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
well actually, if there is a solo route for Maya and Josy, and it seems so, the interested player will do just that, he will play circling like a vulture on the two girls ready to intervene at the first difficulty. in the end MC will be directly the cause of the breakdown or the first beneficiary
also very courteous on the part of DPC.

it seems too early to talk again about the disaster of the fourth chapter o_Oo_O, but it doesn't seem to me that it was the only possible solution, but by now I have understood that if it is the MC that suffers, all in all, it is good for everyone. it seems to me the right punishment for being of a good heart
I've agreed with most of your points, except that the MC is at fault if Maya and Josy break up.

Looking back at their argument the night that Josy arrived at the dorm, it seems to me that the main point of conflict is that Josy blames Maya for letting her Father keep them apart. If Maya ask Josy to move out of the dorm in Episode 7, I think this is going to be the cause of the end of the relationship. Josy would feel like Maya isn't willing to fight for her. Of course this is all speculation based on a vague preview, but I feel that would be the most plausible reason for a break up.

BTW I didn't understand your last paragraph at all. How is it good for everyone if the MC suffers, or was that just sarcasm?

Reactions: anonymoussposter

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
You're just saying how you'd like things to be. There are no rules. There's a game on this forum where you stalk and murder women... :eek:

DPC's "patreonage" is increasing, and I think people have a strong sense that he will finish what he starts. I think that's more important than anything (as long as he maintains the current quality).
Perhaps I am, because I do firmly believe that devs have an obligation to the players to provide mechanisms by which they can get the ending they want with the female characters designated as "main LIs", and if the game includes, at any point, the possibility of a relationship with more than one of these main LIs, then that ending must also be provided for.

It's not enough to just brush it off as, "that's just how it is", or, "that's how it was always going to go", because when it comes to choice-based games, specifically in this genre of AVNs, and even more specifically when you have a game with multiple main LIs who you can romance/have relationships with and some of whom can be "sharing" the MC, I feel there should always be a way to "win" when the game provides or even hints at the possibility of a relationship with more than one of said main LIs.

Even if the ending is open-ended and doesn't say, "they lived happily ever after until they died of old age", it should at least have a reasonably optimistic joint ending, provided that the player has made the right set of choices to get more than one main LI, where you know they'll happily be together for now but doesn't tell you where they'll be in 5 or 10 years time.

DPC: story focused episode 6.
*Looks at the DnG game and mansion mini-game that took up huge chunks of Ep 6* :WaitWhat:

This is a shame. I personally felt EP6's balance between the lewd and the story was perfect. I really liked to see finally we moved forward with the plot and it was not only about lewds. I enjoyed how MC was just not a walking dick and actually did deeds around the campus, also interacted with other girls more so than the other episodes without the only intention of fucking. I thought DPC would keep that balance moving onwards.

I don't want to see another EP5 that focuses on one day with like 5-6 lewd scenes with everyone on the same night.

I might came for the girls at first but I'm staying for the story. Please give me more story. At least he says it is more balanced, so I guess there is hope that it won't be anything like EP5.

That wording just got me worried a bit, I loved EP6.
Glass half full, perhaps what they mean by this is that it will be more balanced in terms of providing real world sex scenes and not 10 out of 19 "fantasies inside the MC's head" scenes. Also, "balance" in terms of giving enough scenes on both sides of the Affinity bar because the majority of scenes in Ep 6 (including the DnG fantasies) fell on the DIK side, so perhaps they will endeavour to provide a relatively equal amount of lewd content for all sides in Ep 7.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

This week I've been working on many different things, so there's been progress in every area. I will focus on writing next week, as I've posed so much art that I need more dialogue to continue.

Animations are rendering like crazy. The animation count is a nice number to look at, but what's even nicer and more illustrative of the content is the playtime for the animations.

So far, the playtime is 6 min 3 seconds for the current completed animations. Compare this to episode 6 playtime, 8 min and 26 seconds, and you'll realize that the new cards managed to render approximately 75% of the animation content in episode 6 in about one month. I am so excited about this!

A lot of manual work remains, so we'll see what the state of the game will be in a month from now. I'm pushing as hard as possible, but Christmas is around the corner and I will be taking a few days off to celebrate with my family.

Polls
In poll news, it was a really close poll that just ended. Camila and Riona were battling for the top spot and the winner with a mere 82 vote margin was Riona. She will get a special render set in episode 7.

A new poll will soon start where you can vote on what Isabella will wear in one of the scenes in episode 7.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake

There's not a lot of specifics to report on this week. I've been working hard on dialogue/code and trying to keep a steady number of animations in the render queue.

I have posed a total of 131 animations and I also have re-worked a few episode 6 animations with a new technique I picked up.

At the moment, 94 animations for episode 7 are complete. I'm a bit unsure about the total animation count for this update, but I have several lewd scenes left to pose animations for.

I think it's safe to say that both the animation count and duration will be bigger and longer than for episode 6. For the static render count, it's too early to tell.

The episode will have a focus on both story and lewd scenes, but a bit more balanced compared to the story focused episode 6.

Poll news

The winner in this week's poll was option #4.

It will be featured in episode 7.

Right now, there's an on-going poll for a 2D wallpaper .

A final reminder for Vice Presidents and tiers above it, submit your render request before the end of December . 4 entries will be handpicked and produced for January's batch of custom renders.

Due to the holiday season, the next status update will be posted on January 1, 2021.

I will of course be working between now and then, with the exception of a few days, and you will see more posts from me before the end of the year.

Cheers

Dr PinkCake
Those new graphics cards may churn out renders, but they certainly don't do much for reportable numbers!

It looks like DPC finished 37 animations in the last two weeks, giving him an average of 18.5 per week (and bringing his total average to ~15.7 animations per week rendered since he started working on Episode 7). If I'm reading him correctly, he also has another 37 animations in the render queue, so we should see similar progress next week even if he poses nothing more. (Well, technically we won't see it. But we'll know it's happening.) No word on static renders; perhaps he's planning to blitz through those once the rest of the Episode is squared away? Anyway, here's the animation chart.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Glad one of Bella's better options one the poll this time.

Like Espritviril, I'm not exactly keen to hear the next episode is going to be less story focused than Episode 6. Sage and Jill may have been sidelined but there were scenes for the other LIs and a bunch of side-girls, to say nothing of the D&G fanservice. I'd much rather hear the story will pick up and finally address some of those long-standing mysteries.

Guess we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I've agreed with most of your points, except that the MC is at fault if Maya and Josy break up.

Looking back at their argument the night that Josy arrived at the dorm, it seems to me that the main point of conflict is that Josy blames Maya for letting her Father keep them apart. If Maya ask Josy to move out of the dorm in Episode 7, I think this is going to be the cause of the end of the relationship. Josy would feel like Maya isn't willing to fight for her. Of course this is all speculation based on a vague preview, but I feel that would be the most plausible reason for a break up.

BTW I didn't understand your last paragraph at all. How is it good for everyone if the MC suffers, or was that just sarcasm?
I said that MC is very likely to be the cause of their breakup, not that he will be guilty.

it seems to me very likely that, both in the trouple scenario and in the just friendship scenario, if the relationship between the two girls breaks down (not due to force majeure) it will be due to the doubts that the story with MC has left in them. in that of friendship alone it seems even more likely.

for the last part, only sarcasm. I have a hard time explaining this attitude that in doubt places the blame on the only character we partially control.
but it is a generalized attitude not only referring to BADIK but to almost all the games here.
MC is judged to be childish, not very reflective, a dog in heat without problems. but only him, the others always have a more than just motivation.

in the specific case I was referring to the fact that it was permissible for Maya and Josy to dump MC, while even the only scenario that the same thing happened to the detriment of one of the two girls is seen as something unseemly, inappropriate by MC. Mc can suffer and sacrifice himself, others cannot

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Those new graphics cards may churn out renders, but they certainly don't do much for reportable numbers!

It looks like DPC finished 37 animations in the last two weeks, giving him an average of 18.5 per week (and bringing his total average to ~15.7 animations per week rendered since he started working on Episode 7). If I'm reading him correctly, he also has another 37 animations in the render queue, so we should see similar progress next week even if he poses nothing more. No work on static renders; perhaps he's planning to blitz through those once the rest of the Episode is squared away? Anyway, here's the animation chart.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Glad one of Bella's better options one the poll this time.

Like Espritviril, I'm not exactly keen to hear the next episode is going to be less story focused than Episode 6. Sage and Jill may have been sidelined but there were scenes for the other LIs and a bunch of side-girls, to say nothing of the D&G fanservice. I'd much rather hear the story will pick up and finally address some of those long-standing mysteries.

I think it should be considered at least a week off, otherwise it would not skip the next updates.

it seems too optimistic to hope to have the next episode before the end of March

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I think it should be considered at least a week off, otherwise it would not skip the next updates.

it seems too optimistic to hope to have the next episode before the end of March
I'm guessing the big queue is in part to make sure things are progressing while DPC is taking time off for the holidays. That may explain why static renders haven't been a priority: they render so quickly he can't build up a queue for them anymore.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Again, being glass half-full, I think (or at least hope) they were just referring to the balance between lewd scenes and the story being better and not necessarily that Ep 7 will be less focused on the story itself.

Ep 6 may have had 19 lewd scenes, but remember that 10 of the 19 were DnG fantasies and 9 of the 19 (including DnG scenes) were on the DIK side with just 4 of the 19 on the CHICK side. There were also 4 other scenes achievable on both paths and an additional 2 being locked out if you go on a date with Jill, so there wasn't really a lot of accessible scenes in this episode for those not on the DIK path and who didn't go on a date with Jill, so perhaps "balance" just refers to balancing this aspect out more.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
so while I am playing my second playthrough to get to the holy grail that is the Jill/Bella relationship I started noticing some weird inconsistencies, one thing I wonder about , is that when we first meet Maya we bump into her in a hallway. Now if shes a freshmen like the MC shouldn't she be in the group along with Derek? or is that just plot convenience so that they don't give away the Derek is my brother admittance, also I now see why people love Bella, on the episode 3 choice I chose to stay with Bella and her more human side came out, she was still gruff with him but she let up. If the MC has actual sex with her it will have to be after some admittance of "I need to let go" and let it happen, and with Jill I love her sweet tender nature , but the innocent teasing like the shower scene even though it was an accident , I hope the Jill faithfuls wont stay blueballed for too long.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
so while I am playing my second playthrough to get to the holy grail that is the Jill/Bella relationship I started noticing some weird inconsistencies, one thing I wonder about , is that when we first meet Maya we bump into her in a hallway. Now if shes a freshmen like the MC shouldn't she be in the group along with Derek? or is that just plot convenience so that they don't give away the Derek is my brother admittance, also I now see why people love Bella, on the episode 3 choice I chose to stay with Bella and her more human side came out, she was still gruff with him but she let up. If the MC has actual sex with her it will have to be after some admittance of "I need to let go" and let it happen, and with Jill I love her sweet tender nature , but the innocent teasing like the shower scene even though it was an accident , I hope the Jill faithfuls wont stay blueballed for too long.
Maya says she has been there several times before so she doesn't need the freshmen tour

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
Maya says she has been there several times before so she doesn't need the freshmen tour
oh thats right and also Josy says something too like " I should have come here more often.." before the big reveal and speaking of that it dawned on me that its technically with out knowing the MC's fault for telling Josy where he was staying.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
And while Derek may be Maya's sister, just because she's been there before doesn't mean he has. Given his attitude it's amazing he's there at all.

KoolMe

Jun 23, 2019

Dr PinkCake
I got real mixed feelings about these two line
specially about the RE-WORKED part , what are the odds he is going over-haul the entire artwork of the game and not stop with just a few ep6 animations ,
I wonder how long will that take

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I noticed a little joke hidden in the dialogues, always in the trace of Derek's declarations towards the feminist world.

right at the start of the game, when MC tells Josy that it was his father who raised him and taught him "man stuff", Josy teases him, saying that a person she knows would totally disagree with his statement that there are no "men's stuff". in retrospect this person is very likely to be Maya.

and Maya herself, in the post-escape dialogue from Josy's father, praises the feminine side of MC

this is one of the typical paradoxes of when it comes to feminism, "we are the same, but no, in reality we are better"

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I got real mixed feelings about these two line
specially about the RE-WORKED part , what are the odds he is going over-haul the entire artwork of the game and not stop with just a few ep6 animations ,
I wonder how long will that take
the fact that he wants to fix scenes from the sixth chapter makes me think that he had to rush the times, and that he was not fully satisfied

Reactions: ename144
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes