shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
the fact that he wants to fix scenes from the sixth chapter makes me think that he had to rush the times, and that he was not fully satisfied
He did say a little while ago that with the new hardware he has new techniques. Also he mentioned a while ago that when the game is complete he may look at getting voice actors to to do the game (he didn't want to commit to voice actors now considering the game completion may be years off). So going back and tweaking things (technical things, probably not story lines), makes sense too.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He did say a little while ago that with the new hardware he has new techniques. Also he mentioned a while ago that when the game is complete he may look at getting voice actors to to do the game (he didn't want to commit to voice actors now considering the game completion may be years off). So going back and tweaking things (technical things, probably not story lines), makes sense too.

I thought so too, but if it was just a question of technical improvement then he should put his hand to the first chapters, not the last.

at this point it is linked to season 2 as a unitary product for steam

Reactions: shazba

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
You don't like drama in stories therefore bad writing. And calling fanboys to everyone who disagrees with you...
No
I dislike poorly written drama. I compliment DPC where he deserves and call him out where he deserves.
As for Fanbois... if you are one, you are. No need for you to worry about me just labeling what is self evident.

See the thing is. I am a fan of BaDIK. I am not a 100% pleased fan. I love the renders. (not of the MC but everyone else). I think the story stinks. I think DPC loves useless melodrama for the sake of melodrama. I also believe the last update was a total waste of time except for the Bella scenes. He is milking his Patreon account contributors, and will not tolerate anyone being critical at all. Fact is, his story is in a highly over done trope. He has a good wingman, and Liam was the best part of AL as well. As for the rest of his writing, yeah, it sucks. He starts off with interesting snippets, and then loses himself down the rabbit hole of melodrama.
He had one job here with BaDIK- make a coming of age American Pie type comedy. That was what He said he was going to make... Instead he has, at this point, about a 25 headed hydra with no clear way to satisfy anyone, and he is starting to make cuts that do not make sense in his story. We are shit out of luck if we want to pursue anything that to a normal person would seem reasonable. He has so many holes in his plots, and now with some rumors that we won't hit 12 episodes or whatever you want to call them, it looks like he is going to crash and burn our hydra leaving us with our dick in our hand and another failed AVN like Acting Lessons.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
he talks about improving some animations, nothing more, for me it is a win-win

add: there is something that should improve and I am not kidding, the appearance of the MC's penis, it is not very realistic, it is too white all XD

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I got real mixed feelings about these two line
specially about the RE-WORKED part , what are the odds he is going over-haul the entire artwork of the game and not stop with just a few ep6 animations ,
I wonder how long will that take
If any artwork needs fixing, it's the EP1 & EP2 dream sequences, both static & animated. DPC had problems with rendering fingernails/gloves and toenails/stockings that dated all the way back to AL.

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
At first I thought that this 5000 would be used for the construction of luxury houses, but now it seems that this money may be of greater use.
If MC says hey " I have your tuition money problem solved Maya " it might be a bargaining chip if the throuple or lets be friends routes is a thing, I mean he wouldnt do it maliciously cause he obviously cares about Maya, and I think Josy would not feel jealous considering her father paid for her tuition, unless the MC does it in the friends route and is like, "now you guys can be together worry free , then go cry into his pillow or you know go find someones boobs to use as pillow *coughs* Bella.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Already a 10GB download huh? And it's not anywhere near completion. How am I ever gonna download this game when it's completed?

Can I just download the Jill route when that's complete and pretend nothing else exists? :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: BenMeiffert

ppoooors

Aug 7, 2016
I thought so too, but if it was just a question of technical improvement then he should put his hand to the first chapters, not the last.

at this point it is linked to season 2 as a unitary product for steam
to be fair, at least in my opinion, some of the animations in the last couple of episodes were really not that great, in some cases even worse than the ones in the first episodes (for example the Quinn sex scene in EP6).

But that's probably because of this "new technique" that he's just started using, so he's going back and perfecting it which IMO is understandable. Besides, hasn't he always gone back to previous episodes to re-do stuff? It's not all that unexpected, all this.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
No
I dislike poorly written drama. I compliment DPC where he deserves and call him out where he deserves.
As for Fanbois... if you are one, you are. No need for you to worry about me just labeling what is self evident.

See the thing is. I am a fan of BaDIK. I am not a 100% pleased fan. I love the renders. (not of the MC but everyone else). I think the story stinks. I think DPC loves useless melodrama for the sake of melodrama. I also believe the last update was a total waste of time except for the Bella scenes. He is milking his Patreon account contributors, and will not tolerate anyone being critical at all. Fact is, his story is in a highly over done trope. He has a good wingman, and Liam was the best part of AL as well. As for the rest of his writing, yeah, it sucks. He starts off with interesting snippets, and then loses himself down the rabbit hole of melodrama.
He had one job here with BaDIK- make a coming of age American Pie type comedy. That was what He said he was going to make... Instead he has, at this point, about a 25 headed hydra with no clear way to satisfy anyone, and he is starting to make cuts that do not make sense in his story. We are shit out of luck if we want to pursue anything that to a normal person would seem reasonable. He has so many holes in his plots, and now with some rumors that we won't hit 12 episodes or whatever you want to call them, it looks like he is going to crash and burn our hydra leaving us with our dick in our hand and another failed AVN like Acting Lessons.
Man, I'm not personally a fan of AL, but to sit there and call it a "failed AVN"? Come on, it's a highly lauded AVN. There are a vocal minority who didn't like it (there's probably a silent minority that didn't like it too), but the vast number of reviews rate it well. That's not a failure in anyone's books.

Now back to the milking argument again, seriously, that's a horrible accusation. You don't have to like his work, you can knock his story writing skills, you can suggest his art stinks, but to continue harping on that he's milking his customers... You're calling him a thief. And in the same post that you suggest he's milking customers by creating episodes that you don't like (that others here have just finished saying they thoroughly enjoyed - though I admit it wasn't my favorite episode), you also say he'll be reducing the number of episodes... that's like the opposite of milking... everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it's clear he's working on the game, and he's delivering and many people are loving it. One bad episode (in your opinion) does not warrant the label of a thief. If this is how you leveled your "constructive" criticisms at him on your Patreon account, is it any wonder you got banned?

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Man, I'm not personally a fan of AL, but to sit there and call it a "failed AVN"? Come on, it's a highly lauded AVN. There are a vocal minority who didn't like it (there's probably a silent minority that didn't like it too), but the vast number of reviews rate it well. That's not a failure in anyone's books.

Now back to the milking argument again, seriously, that's a horrible accusation. You don't have to like his work, you can knock his story writing skills, you can suggest his art stinks, but to continue harping on that he's milking his customers... You're calling him a thief. And in the same post that you suggest he's milking customers by creating episodes that you don't like (that others here have just finished saying they thoroughly enjoyed - though I admit it wasn't my favorite episode), you also say he'll be reducing the number of episodes... that's like the opposite of milking... everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it's clear he's working on the game, and he's delivering and many people are loving it. One bad episode (in your opinion) does not warrant the label of a thief. If this is how you leveled your "constructive" criticisms at him on your Patreon account, is it any wonder you got banned?
First, I did not do this in an uncivil manner, which beer does occasionally bring out.
I have been a critic of DPC's writing pretty much consistently. He does the wingman well, and starts off ok, then he kind of shits the bed. The story has plot failures built in. He advertised one thing and now is giving us his melodramatic BS he pushed into AL. AL was neither a critical success, nor is it a small minority that think the story sucked. Sure he got good reviews, and he got bad ones as well.
I am not simply being critical of the last episode, I have been at it for the whole time. The last episode was clearly fluff filled.
Milking- instead of writing the romance and fap that is what everyone is looking for, he put a DnG worthless session in. Those hours wasted on that, weeks, whatever, were time that he basically said, "I am not advancing my story, I will put fluff out, so I can get my money still, and yeah so now some rumors are out that I am running out of story as I am narrowing down romances too soon, so I gotta do something to keep my money hopping, cause I AM running out of story"

True he is no ICSTOR or some others I could name that are pure milk machines, but he is sucking fumes on story at this point. I'm telling you, he can't help himself, he is going to kill someone, and get somebody raped and add in some other BS and bad choices with murder etc before the end.
But hey, that's cool. I am just expressing my opinion.

Reactions: shazba

You know me

Dec 24, 2019
Hey guys. An error occurred while playing the English mini game (the last one the update before 23th free roam). Can anyone help me how to bypass it. I have already bypassed the math minigame by clicking "ignore" on the error page

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hey guys. An error occurred while playing the English mini game (the last one the update before 23th free roam). Can anyone help me how to bypass it. I have already bypassed the math minigame by clicking "ignore" on the error page
What version of the game are you running? Do you have the walkthrough mod installed? If the mini games are giving you grief you can completely bypass them using the walkthrough mod. Also what platform are you playing it on (e.g. PC)?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
He advertised one thing and now is giving us his melodramatic BS he pushed into AL.
And what exactly did he falsely advertise? I don't believe he ever said this would just be a simple, fun, non-serious college romp, they simply set this story in a college environment, and if people went into this game thinking it would just be a bunch of wild, hedonistic escapades with no consequence, well then that's on them and not the dev. But just because this story is set in a college environment does not mean that it can't or shouldn't have some drama, or even melodrama, because if it was just a rampant fuckfest with one-dimensional characters from start to finish, it would not be as good or as popular.

can u be with josy and maya and still be with jade
No.

You know me

Dec 24, 2019
What version of the game are you running? Do you have the walkthrough mod installed? If the mini games are giving you grief you can completely bypass them using the walkthrough mod. Also what platform are you playing it on (e.g. PC)?
Hey bro. I am playing the latest version (compressed one). No i haven't used any mod i am just following the walkthrough (pdf). I am playing on my laptop. I usually don't bypass the mini games i like to play minigames but this one has caused an error.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes