Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Who you guys think is the hottest? For me Bella wins it by a long shot.
In terms of just looks, Bella has the most insanely hot body and an incredibly seductive face, but looking at it from an "overall package" perspective (looks and personality), then it's Maya for me.

OK what's going on with the Jade & Cathy conversation at the end of ep 6? Out of curiosity I did a playthrough with no Jade sex and no Cathy sex. The conversation is exactly the same. So what was Jade mad about? What didn't Cathy know before going there? And where did she go? What IS the worst thing that ever happened? It's not sex tapes, there was no sex with those two this time.

View attachment 960214 View attachment 960215 View attachment 960216 View attachment 960217 View attachment 960218 View attachment 960219 View attachment 960220 View attachment 960221 View attachment 960222 View attachment 960222 View attachment 960223 View attachment 960224
Gonna agree with Tserriednich'sNen and say that it's about Cathy being with Bella when the Cluck went out. Jade and Bella don't seem to get along and from what Cathy's saying here it would seem that she thinks Jade is upset that she went to Bella and not her but Cathy was simply at Bella's when it happened.

I'm not sure but I think it's about Jade knowing that her husband cheated on her with Cathy.
We don't know that for sure and I think most people would agree that Cathy does not seem like the kind of person to do that and it's more likely that when Stephen called out her name that it was simply just that and not indicative of them having slept together.

I have hope (small but there) that either 2 things with the Josy/Maya plot will happen:
If in the throuple their bonds grow stronger and they are practically inseparable, while taking turns having sweet and caring moments/awesome sex scenes with the MC.

Or B : this situation with their father will be the nail in the coffin of their relationship and they break up, allowing for the MC to choose who he wants but then it being Sophie's choice situation, where the MC has to choose between the 2 and possibly alienate the one he didnt choose (happens irl all the time) and then as was said earlier completionist will do more saves each with a solo Josy or Maya playthrough.
Again I will say that I do hope DPC allows for the throuple to work somehow. When a game hints at or explicitly has this kind of relationship, I think it is incumbent upon the dev to provide a path for it for those players that want it. I've seen comments before of people saying that it won't happen because this game is striving for "realism" and that this would not be a "realistic" relationship, well a) it is realistic because this type of relationship does exist in the real world and it's more common than people think, and b) realism has long since gone out of the window with this game with many of the plotlines and inexplicable behaviours of certain characters. So a M/J/MC ending should be possible otherwise it was pointless and annoyingly misleading to have had it in the first place.

On the subject of the recent Josy criticisms, I'm honestly quite perplexed by them. I honestly don't get this whole, "she's not that interesting", thing because why is that even an issue? Is it not enough that she's a hot girl with a smoking body, has a fun and occasionally wild streak personality, and her life is relatively uncomplicated? Josy, for me, doesn't need anything more than what's going on with her right now and I'd honestly say that her being the least complicated of all the LIs (in terms of her having her own personal problems) actually makes her very appealing.

I would like to see her and the MC have more one-one-one time, but really that would just be to learn more about how and why her relationship with Maya started and the same with how and why she developed feelings for the MC, but beyond that, I like what I see of Josy right now and don't think that she needs anything like what the other LIs are dealing with to make her more interesting.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
In terms of just looks, Bella has the most insanely hot body and an incredibly seductive face, but looking at it from an "overall package" perspective (looks and personality), then it's Maya for me.

Gonna agree with Tserriednich'sNen and say that it's about Cathy being with Bella when the Cluck went out. Jade and Bella don't seem to get along and from what Cathy's saying here it would seem that she thinks Jade is upset that she went to Bella and not her but Cathy was simply at Bella's when it happened.

We don't know that for sure and I think most people would agree that Cathy does not seem like the kind of person to do that and it's more likely that when Stephen called out her name that it was simply just that and not indicative of them having slept together.

Again I will say that I do hope DPC allows for the throuple to work somehow. When a game hints at or explicitly has this kind of relationship, I think it is incumbent upon the dev to provide a path for it for those players that want it. I've seen comments before of people saying that it won't happen because this game is striving for "realism" and that this would not be a "realistic" relationship, well a) it is realistic because this type of relationship does exist in the real world and it's more common than people think, and b) realism has long since gone out of the window with this game with many of the plotlines and inexplicable behaviours of certain characters. So a M/J/MC ending should be possible otherwise it was pointless and annoyingly misleading to have had it in the first place.

On the subject of the recent Josy criticisms, I'm honestly quite perplexed by them. I honestly don't get this whole, "she's not that interesting", thing because why is that even an issue? Is it not enough that she's a hot girl with a smoking body, has a fun and occasionally wild streak personality, and her life is relatively uncomplicated? Josy, for me, doesn't need anything more than what's going on with her right now and I'd honestly say that her being the least complicated of all the LIs (in terms of her having her own personal problems) actually makes her very appealing.

I would like to see her and the MC have more one-one-one time, but really that would just be to learn more about how and why her relationship with Maya started and the same with how and why she developed feelings for the MC, but beyond that, I like what I see of Josy right now and don't think that she needs anything like what the other LIs are dealing with to make her more interesting.
Where does it say that Cathy was with Bella when the cluck went out? Cathy was at Bella's Saturday night, that's when the Prep party happened. The cluck went out Friday, Jill said that she was with some friends from HS when MC texted her, but it doesn't say where Cathy was.

Reactions: FreakyFrank!23421

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

even if it happens in reality the trouple remains a very rare behavior, but as you say, in the context of a game like BADIK it is not absurd.

about Josy: how does the fact that she is beautiful and that she is sexually free suffice? almost all the girls in the game respond to this identikit, but not all are LIs.

since when is there no personal moment between MC and Josy? from the phone call before her arrival at BR?
the only recent manifestation of her chatming character was that she talks to anyone, be it a nasty girl and clearly hostile to Maya, or the girl MC has had a date with. of course, completely superficial chatter in both cases.

besides that she likes flowers and loves her father, that we discover in the first chapters, what do we know about her?
thanks to the Gender lesson we know a lot more about 3-4 girls ...

what would be interesting for her? beauty? really?

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Where does it say that Cathy was with Bella when the cluck went out? Cathy was at Bella's Saturday night, that's when the Prep party happened. The cluck went out Friday, Jill said that she was with some friends from HS when MC texted her, but it doesn't say where Cathy was.
Yeah, that's right. Cathy's cluck was posted on Friday, then on Saturday night Cathy ditched Jade and went to Bella's instead of coming to Jade. Jade was not supposed to be at Prep's party, at least her husband wasn't aware of that, and if the MC was staying at Bella's Jade says something like "it seems Cathy prefers the same company as you". She's clearly upset by this. My guess is they finally clear things up after Cathy's resigns and then Jade explains her the Burke/Bella situation, which Cathy didn't know before going to her.

Or it could be just another completely different situation we still don't know about

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
Is it not enough that she's a hot girl with a smoking body, has a fun and occasionally wild streak personality, and her life is relatively uncomplicated
Honestly speaking, No.
If looks were everything than what's the point of having LIs.
Personality, character, plot etc are what makes a LI different than other side girls.
And sadly, her personality is not noteworthy, character is weak and plot is non-existent.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
tbh I've met quiet a few women in my life like Josy, with all the descriptors she has in the game, and if I am honest of those few there were some that were devoid of much else, they weren't vapid or shallow, but they weren't terribly interesting either. I can see the arguments about Josy but tbh it wouldnt hurt for her to have a "I love movies" moment like Maya did with the MC so that she can have a bit more fleshed out about herself. Speaking of, Maya having her username on her Cluck app show her love of movies is what drew me a bit more to her, maybe I think atleast for me Josy being along for the ride is what maybe is the problem.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
tbh I've met quiet a few women in my life like Josy, with all the descriptors she has in the game, and if I am honest of those few there were some that were devoid of much else, they weren't vapid or shallow, but they weren't terribly interesting either. I can see the arguments about Josy but tbh it wouldnt hurt for her to have a "I love movies" moment like Maya did with the MC so that she can have a bit more fleshed out about herself. Speaking of, Maya having her username on her Cluck app show her love of movies is what drew me a bit more to her, maybe I think atleast for me Josy being along for the ride is what maybe is the problem.
That is just the problem. Josy did show some potential for interest early on but since arriving at B&R she's just Maya's LI.

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
How Jill's sister died?
1. Accidental death
2. Suicide
3. Overdose
4. Murdered
5. Illness

ep2_freeroam_ano30b.jpg

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I appreciate her character too, but I warn you: don't put too much hope in her, Quinn has a huge target drawn on her back
Oh no doubt - knowing DPC, he'll find a way to kill her off in the most emotionally devastating way possible. I'd like to think maybe she'll have a redemption arc, but probably not. Someone else had said something in this thread that resonated with me in that the writer should give the players a path to an ending with the character they want so that they have a good feeling of accomplishment when they finish the game. But I suspect that may not be the case here, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Zirael Q

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
OK what's going on with the Jade & Cathy conversation at the end of ep 6? Out of curiosity I did a playthrough with no Jade sex and no Cathy sex. The conversation is exactly the same. So what was Jade mad about? What didn't Cathy know before going there? And where did she go? What IS the worst thing that ever happened? It's not sex tapes, there was no sex with those two this time.

View attachment 960214 View attachment 960215 View attachment 960216 View attachment 960217 View attachment 960218 View attachment 960219 View attachment 960220 View attachment 960221 View attachment 960222 View attachment 960222 View attachment 960223 View attachment 960224
I've been wondering that since the Episode dropped. The MC assumes Cathy is still hung up over the Cathy-cluck picture, but I strongly suspect that's DPC misleading us via the MC's stupidity. Cathy is clearly bothered by the constant whispers, but it's been a full week at that point. There's no reason for Cathy to get drunk with Jade about it now, nor to say she "didn't know before going there," as though it was her fault for wandering into view of the peeping toms. There's certainly no reason for Jade to hate Cathy over that.

Given that Cathy has apparently just resigned, it would stand to reason the two are related: Cathy either saw something she shouldn't have or wound up involved in something she shouldn't be. In either case, Burke seems like the obvious candidate to both make Cathy deeply uncomfortable and give Jade a reason to hate her.

So my guess is Cathy learned more than she should have about Burke and was pressured into keeping it quiet, or she got caught up in some part of his schemes. Given that in most playthroughs the MC already suspects something is going on with Burke, this seems like a it will lead into some sort of B&R crisis to end Season 2. That should deal with Burke's sub-plot and allow Vinny to finally take center stage for Season 3.

As has been mentioned, that was in the wake of the cluck, not the moment it was posted. Either way, though, it was nearly a week ago and even if Jade hates Isabella, that's no reason for her to hate Cathy. It has to be more than that.

I agree with you here. Josy has been underutilized, but I find her a very compelling character. The comparison to Heather is, IMHO, unfair; we've never seen Heather bare her soul to the MC the way Josy did back in Episode 2, or even in the short scene bathroom scene in Episode 4. I feel like I understand what makes Josy tick, whereas I can only speculate about Heather (or would, if I cared about her).

Josy is stuck in Maya's shadow as far as the story goes, but I think she is very much her own person.

Yeah, that's right. Cathy's cluck was posted on Friday, then on Saturday night Cathy ditched Jade and went to Bella's instead of coming to Jade. Jade was not supposed to be at Prep's party, at least her husband wasn't aware of that, and if the MC was staying at Bella's Jade says something like "it seems Cathy prefers the same company as you". She's clearly upset by this. My guess is they finally clear things up after Cathy's resigns and then Jade explains her the Burke/Bella situation, which Cathy didn't know before going to her.
Jade's comment about Cathy preferring Isabella's company was directed at Burke; it was another dig at his obsession with her. She'll say it regardless of where the MC stays.
Jade_Cathy_company_1.jpg Jade_Cathy_company_2.jpg

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I agree with you here. Josy has been underutilized, but I find her a very compelling character. The comparison to Heather is, IMHO, unfair; we've never seen Heather bare her soul to the MC the way Josy did back in Episode 2, or even in the short scene bathroom scene in Episode 4. I feel like I understand what makes Josy tick, whereas I can only speculate about Heather (or would, if I cared about her).
but at first Josy is undoubtedly one of the best characters, even if only to be MC's first reciprocated love

but after...

Do you really consider this scene as Josy's strong point?
screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0007.png screenshot0008.png screenshot0009.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0011.png screenshot0012.png screenshot0016.png

where does she blame MC for not rejecting her? when the only one who was actually in a relationship was just her ..
and where then she comes up with a gaffe that imposes an apology (of course not in person)

this scene is worth the escape of MC, forgivable only with the heat of the moment (always remembering that the first to escape is always Josy)

is this the Josy that fascinates you?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
but at first Josy is undoubtedly one of the best characters, even if only to be MC's first reciprocated love

but after...

View attachment 960575 View attachment 960576 View attachment 960577 View attachment 960578 View attachment 960579 View attachment 960580 View attachment 960585 View attachment 960581 View attachment 960582

where does she blame MC for not rejecting her? when the only one who was actually in a relationship was just her ..
and where then she comes up with a gaffe that imposes an apology (of course not in person)

this scene is worth the escape of MC, forgivable only with the heat of the moment (always remembering that the first to escape is always Josy)

I find it a very human response to the MC's bullshit: the MC knew she was "off-limits" when he got involved with her, so there's no reason for him to hang everything on her just because he turned out to be friends with her SO. And it certainly ties in with her earlier talk. There, she was feeling trapped and alone without Maya. Now the person she turned to for support is ostracizing her despite knowing exactly how Josy feels about it. That's a deep cut, so yeah, no wonder Josy snaps at the MC.

IMHO, this is an effective example of illustrating the flaws in a character. It puts Josy in a bad light in the context of the scene, but does so in a way that makes sense and can be addressed by the character herself later on.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

but after...

View attachment 960575 View attachment 960576 View attachment 960577 View attachment 960578 View attachment 960579 View attachment 960580 View attachment 960585 View attachment 960581 View attachment 960582

Oh I agree with you, and it was not a great apology. But it does reveal something her personality. She's immature and self-centered. It's not a positive aspect but it does explain a lot about her and her insecurity at being alone.

I still think the whole key to Josy is her parents divorce. I think that all of her actions and all of her feelings stem from that one tragedy.

If DPC would develop her personality, let her experience some growth, I'd still be willing to forgive her.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes