Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Also, regarding the inheritance money, I would also prefer if we are not forced to give it all to Maya because while I want to help her she's not my specific pursuit that would be Jill for now. I would still prefer to help her in other way like helping her earn money or helping her fool her dad that I'm her boyfriend or something until we come up with a better solution.
I'm sure that nobody will be forced to give the money to anyone, whether that be Maya, Quinn, or the DIKs. It could be a choice of who to give it to which would be a difficult one for some, and this does seem like DPC's bread and butter, or it could be automatic depending on whatever path you're on and dictated by certain flags in the code.

I would also like to think (hope) that, unlike AL, there will be ways out of many of these problems without going down to overly depressing levels, i.e. Quinn getting killed by her dealers/Vinny, Maya being forced to dropout or go to a gay conversion camp, whatever may happen with Bella and James, etc. So whether it's Quinn's debt, or Maya's tuition, or Bella's relationship, there will hopefully be ways to resolve each of these problems, whether you're on a path with them or not.

I really do think people are being overly harsh about this. She's an 18/19 year old girl, probably lived a mostly sheltered upbringing because of her Dad, and this is the first time she's out in the world, on her own, and is just beginning the process of learning what it means to be an adult.

People seem to think that her not knowing what to do, looking for help, looking for an easy solution to her problems, is some sort of weakness and this makes her a "pathetic" character and somehow worthy of immense scorn, but this is how a lot, perhaps even a majority, of people are at that age. Not everyone emerges from high school as this super confident person ready to take on any challenge headfirst and remain strong in the face of adversity, some people just don't know what to do when they get out on their own and it's a struggle and an adjustment, but they will learn to adapt over time.

Maya's been at college for 3 weeks, so people really need to cut her some slack, and whilst it may just be a game and the characters fictional, shit like this following comment really show a level of heartlessness and lack of compassion in some people that can honestly get my blood boiling.
Fucking nerve man, would've get a big slap from me at this point, but it wasn't an option sadly.

Last edited:

rj677

May 30, 2020
I hope DPC force us to be Maya's or Josy boyfriend I just want to see this thread burn for weeks
Thy goblet shall overfloweth with delicious tears of yon rage quitters. :cool: :ROFLMAO:
I have another scenario that would make this thread erupt :devilish::devilish:

Im patiently waiting for the inevitable choice that all players, and I mean ALL PLAYERS, have to make between Josy and Maya

Oh boy, just imagine the tantrums and the tears of the M&J fans if that happened. They would be all "it doesnt make sense" or "we should have a different choice" "We shouldnt be forced to do this"....

Meanwhile, all other players that are being constantly forced into doing things with M&J:

M&J Fans.jpg

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Im patiently waiting for the inevitable choice that all players, and I mean ALL PLAYERS, have to make between Josy and Maya

Oh boy, just imagine the tantrums and the tears of the M&J fans if that happened. They would be all "it doesnt make sense" or "we should have a different choice" "We shouldnt be forced to do this"....

Meanwhile, all other players that are being constantly forced into doing things with M&J:

View attachment 995847

and if there will be a show of the fake boyfriend (with Maya or Josy) it is very likely that we will go in this direction, since it will be a common path both for those in the trouple and for "just friends".

who knows if the trouple will survive this show ....

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I really do think people are being overly harsh about this. She's an 18/19 year old girl, probably lived a mostly sheltered upbringing because of her Dad, and this is the first time she's out in the world, on her own, and is just beginning the process of learning what it means to be an adult.

People seem to think that her not knowing what to do, looking for help, looking for an easy solution to her problems, is some sort of weakness and this makes her a "pathetic" character and somehow worthy of immense scorn, but this is how a lot, perhaps even a majority, of people are at that age. Not everyone emerges from high school as this super confident person ready to take on any challenge headfirst and remain strong in the face of adversity, some people just don't know what to do when they get out on their own and it's a struggle and an adjustment, but they will learn to adapt over time.

Maya's been at college for 3 weeks, so people really need to cut her some slack, and whilst it may just be a game and the characters fictional, shit like this following comment really show a level of heartlessness and lack of compassion in some people that can honestly get my blood boiling.
That's a fair point. At the risk of coming across sexist, a lot of girls have their dads solve a lot of their problems (assistance in getting loans, change their car tyre, etc.) and someone like Maya whose dad is more controlling than most, would likely have had him interfering a lot of her life, so when he's not around and shit is hitting the fan (and in this case her dad is the proverbial shit), who is she gonna turn to? Derek probably isn't the best bet...

Reactions: Kuraii

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

View attachment 995847
Well then DPC won't have learned their lesson if they do this. Plus, it's entirely different to still having to do things with M&J if you're not on their relationship path. We're forced to do things with a lot of people in this game, particularly LIs even when you don't have an interest in them, but forcing a promised relationship to end without any chance to stop it from ending and not allowing players to make it work by making the right choices is a major design flaw.

That's a fair point. At the risk of coming across sexist, a lot of girls have their dads solve a lot of their problems (assistance in getting loans, change their car tyre, etc.) and someone like Maya whose dad is more controlling than most, would likely have had him interfering a lot of her life, so when he's not around and shit is hitting the fan (and in this case her dad is the proverbial shit), who is she gonna turn to? Derek probably isn't the best bet...
Exactly. Despite her Dad revealing himself to be a major prick, he's been a source of stability for her, someone who likely made sure she had everything she needed and took care of things for her, but now she doesn't have that anymore and she's lost without it. She'll eventually learn to stand on her own two feet and this will be a turning point in her life, but it will take time.

Reactions: Kuraii

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

the problem is that the solution, the only solution to the problem, is obvious.

and no one can help Maya with that.

what is the presence of MC in that moment for? nothing, yet another outburst and yet another fictional-financial explanation.
in fact MC, except to say the classic encouragement phrase, cannot do anything.

Maya is the only one who can face her father, MC can't do it, Josy can't do it. it is a necessary step in her growth.
at that point it either makes him come to his senses or cuts him completely out of her life.

any other solution is just to take time and leave Maya in her state of victim of events, do you really want Maya to continue hiding?

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Well then DPC won't have learned their lesson if they do this. Plus, it's entirely different to still having to do things with M&J if you're not on their relationship path. We're forced to do things with a lot of people in this game, particularly LIs even when you don't have an interest in them, but forcing a promised relationship to end without any chance to stop it from ending and not allowing players to make it work by making the right choices is a major design flaw.

Exactly. Despite her Dad revealing himself to be a major prick, he's been a source of stability for her, someone who likely made sure she had everything she needed and took care of things for her, but now she doesn't have that anymore and she's lost without it. She'll eventually learn to stand on her own two feet and this will be a turning point in her life, but it will take time.
Just Imagine, I SAID JUST IMAGINE , U GOT THAT?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

what is the presence of MC in that moment for? nothing, yet another outburst and yet another fictional-financial explanation.

Maya is the only one who can face her father, MC can't do it, Josy can't do it. it is a necessary step in her growth.
at that point it either makes him come to his senses or cuts him completely out of her life.

any other solution is just to take time and leave Maya in her state of victim of events, do you really want Maya to continue hiding?
At the risk of having this post deleted (last time we started discussing homosexuality there was a mass purge), her predicament really does open your eyes to the bullshit some people in this world have to go through with narrow minded parents. :oops:

We're all advocating anally brutalizing the dad (ok, maybe that was just me pushing for that approach), or as a bare minimum have him repeatedly kicked in the balls, but for Maya (and for real life people in her position), it's her dad. She probably loves him but hates this situation. :unsure:

It'd be scary enough to come out, and then to have your parents reject who you are... :(

That's a real fml situation (not some attention whoring social influencer whining because her phone didn't fully charge before she had to go out shopping... :rolleyes:)

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
and if there will be a show of the fake boyfriend (with Maya or Josy) it is very likely that we will go in this direction, since it will be a common path both for those in the trouple and for "just friends".

who knows if the trouple will survive this show ....
I'm interested in what happen's to the MC's other relationship's (you know, the one's he actually cares about) if he's forced to make this choice.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
At the risk of having this post deleted (last time we started discussing homosexuality there was a mass purge), her predicament really does open your eyes to the bullshit some people in this world have to go through with narrow minded parents. :oops:

We're all advocating anally brutalizing the dad (ok, maybe that was just me pushing for that approach), or as a bare minimum have him repeatedly kicked in the balls, but for Maya (and for real life people in her position), it's her dad. She probably loves him but hates this situation. :unsure:

It'd be scary enough to come out, and then to have your parents reject who you are... :(

That's a real fml situation (not some attention whoring social influencer whining because her phone didn't fully charge before she had to go out shopping... :rolleyes:)
so you are happy that Maya continues to hide.
and if you were MC you would help her keep hiding.
waiting for what? that the father dies a natural death I guess.
Maya's father knows his daughter is a lesbian, that's not the point, he already knows. Maya has to hide who she loves, and this is unfair to her and Josy's
but you would advise Maya to pretend to be heterosexual, basically you would behave like her father

p.s. you= generic plural

I'm ready to joke about almost everything, from religion to death, but there are things that remain unacceptable to me.

Reactions: Kuraii and shazba

moxyy

Nov 21, 2019

I agree on a lot of things you've said here, maybe just that one comment but i don't think people lack compassion, they're just sick of the forced relationship and this is definitely on DPC for not writing a more fleshed out story? if people had more options i guess they wouldn't throw shit at Maya.

Maybe MC can help Maya with her situation but at some point you'd expect her to actually deal with her Dad herself and not always rely on someone else, how is she going to grow as a person if not by facing her problems ?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

But perhaps it's in the obviousness of that possible solution where growth may come. Maybe there will be a confrontation with her Dad in Ep 7, maybe the MC and possibly Josy will stand up for Maya, maybe Maya will then stand up for herself after seeing these two fight in her corner for her, and then when her Dad leaves and cuts her off completely, maybe the MC will have the choice to offer her the money and she refuses because she doesn't want a handout anymore and will endeavour to take the harder road instead.

I agree on a lot of things you've said here, maybe just that one comment but i don't think people lack compassion, they're just sick of the forced relationship and this is definitely on DPC for not writing a more fleshed out story? if people had more options i guess they wouldn't throw shit at Maya.

Maybe MC can help Maya with her situation but at some point you'd expect her to actually deal with her Dad herself and not always rely on someone else, how is she going to grow as a person if not by facing her problems ?
Oh, I can tell you, it's not simply a feeling of exhaustion of their storyline, there are several people like that which I quoted who really have a deep, seething hatred for the characters themselves based on views that are most definitely lacking in any kind of understanding or compassion for people like them.

The only thing I would say DPC didn't do right was the handling of the library scene in Ep 4 and this may contribute to some people's views given that a rejected MC is still so close with them which seems odd. Had this been done better, perhaps like Robin/Kira discussion with the MC in Leap of Faith, then maybe it would be different, but some people still get hung up on the "betrayal" and the "lies", so even that may not have been enough to stem this.

Reactions: Doorknocker

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Maya's father knows his daughter is a lesbian, that's not the point, he already knows. Maya has to hide who she loves, and this is unfair to her and Josy's
but you would advise Maya to pretend to be heterosexual, basically you would behave like her father

p.s. you= generic plural

I'm ready to joke about almost everything, from religion to death, but there are things that remain unacceptable to me.
I think a lot of the world (but probably nowhere near close to half) is learning to accept people's varying sexualities. But even in the US, there are millions of people who still think "it's a sin" or whatever.

At least in Maya's case her dad hasn't brainwashed her into thinking she's an abomination, it's pretty clear cut that everyone knows (including Maya) that it's her father who is in the wrong here.

Doesn't make it any easier for her to deal with him through, especially since he's quite happy to use blackmail to force her to do things...

Reactions: Gladheim

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020

p.s. you= generic plural

You know I kind of agree to both of your points at some parts. Like shazba said he is still her dad but as felicemastronzo said , she shouldn't keep hiding but try her best to face the situation even if it is her dad. What if her dad is expecting or wants the same to happen? You know what I was[still am] a Harry Potter fan and when snape killed dumbledore I cursed him but when i saw the last part , it almost made me cry. U know what happened here? I didn't know the complete the story. With half-baked knowledge i cursed at snape. I think the same is happening here, Without knowing the complete story or the reasons , some are criticizing maya and some her dad. Well everyone has their reasons for doing something. I am not saying what Her dad did was right but we don't know the reason. I know it is fucking evil but still we need to know the story. And as ep6 ended i think that many things would be clear to us after playing ep 7 or upcoming ep. Like I said in my previous comment what if it was just to teach maya about the world. I have seen enough plots and drama's to write this statement. Trust me wait for the next release , know the story, the reasons and then criticize and curse at the characters.

Last edited:

moxyy

Nov 21, 2019
Oh, I can tell you, it's not simply a feeling of exhaustion of their storyline, there are several people like that which I quoted who really have a deep, seething hatred for the characters themselves based on views that are most definitely lacking in any kind of understanding or compassion for people like them.

The only thing I would say DPC didn't do right was the handling of the library scene in Ep 4 and this may contribute to some people's views given that a rejected MC is still so close with them which seems odd. Had this been done better, perhaps like Robin/Kira discussion with the MC in Leap of Faith, then maybe it would be different, but some people still get hung up on the "betrayal" and the "lies", so even that may not have been enough to stem this.
You're gonna have people like that everywhere, people who don't like anything but shit they're used to so you just fucking ignore them, I'm not very active in here but from what i've seen most people have a problem with the forced relationship, especially when you reject them and they're still very close to MC it's almost the same as if they're in a relationship. Hopefully in the next episode there will be some kind of confrontation between Maya and her Dad, maybe then she'll cut herself loose and move on with her life. It can't go like this for another 2-3 episodes

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think a lot of the world (but probably nowhere near close to half) is learning to accept people's varying sexualities. But even in the US, there are millions of people who still think "it's a sin" or whatever.

At least in Maya's case her dad hasn't brainwashed her into thinking she's an abomination, it's pretty clear cut that everyone knows (including Maya) that it's her father who is in the wrong here.

Doesn't make it any easier for her to deal with him through, especially since he's quite happy to use blackmail to force her to do things...
I am not minimizing Maya's problem, what she has to do is not easy, but there is no other solution, to think it is to delude oneself.

Maya has already risked losing Josy in this way (let's forget Mc otherwise it seems a selfish speech), she has been given a second chance, she shouldn't waste it (not for Josy itself, but for what it represents)

Reactions: `Ray`

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You know I kind of agree to both of your points at some parts. Like shazba said he is still her dad but as felicemastronzo said , she shouldn't keep hiding but try her best to face the situation even if it is her dad. What if her dad is expecting or wants the same to happen? You know what I was[still am] a Harry Potter fan and when snape killed dumbledore I cursed him but when i saw the last part , it almost made me cry. U know what happened here? I didn't know the complete the story. With half-baked knowledge i cursed at snape. I think the same is happening here, Without knowing the complete story or the reasons , some are criticizing maya and some her dad. Well everyone has their reasons for doing something. I am not saying what Her dad did was right but we don't know the reason. I know it is fucking evil but still we need to know the story. And as ep6 ended i think that many things would be clear to us after playing ep 7 or upcoming ep. Like I said in my previous comment what if it was just to teach maya about the world. I have seen enough plots and drama's to write this statement. Trust me wait for the next release , know the story, the reasons and then criticize and curse at the characters.

that in the end there is a reconciliation between Maya and her father, I think it is something everyone hopes, it is not said that it will be so but why not hope for it?

luckily it happens often in the end.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes