Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
the "coma or something similar" bit is about the "return" word
if she thinks "please return", of course he isn't dead (unless bella has gone completely crazy)
but he may just be away mentally, not physically
we just can't know at this point, and DPC could move that subplot in multiple ways and it'd still be fine
My point was that you don't say 'i forgive you, please return' or 'return, please forgive me' if the person is in unconscious or brain damaged or something. The asking for forgiveness and giving forgiveness adds a component to 'please return' that raises the situation from "he is unable to return" to "he refuses to return".

Reactions: Darkmetal

paulphoenix

Jun 2, 2018
hello friends, i got a damn fucking bug with the last version of being a dik, when i check the smartphone in game, and choose characters bios, i see the names of the characters, but not anymore the story i have done with them. do you know how to fix this ?

history is gone for all characters, has anyone a clue, i am runing non patched original version 0.6.1 on windows 7.

it seems my choice are not recorded anymore in the history session. am i the only one to have this behaviour ?

thanks for your help

View attachment 977446

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
however, it can only be one of two things.

or Mona leaves because Burke / Quinn have revoked her scholarship

or Burke cancels the scholarship because Mona has decided to leave

they are both credible, but in my opinion the latter is better
As they say, correlation does not equal causation. It's possible (even likely IMHO) that both Mona leaving and Burke deleting her scholarship were consequences of something else, namely Mona backing out of Quinn's restaurant deal.

I think it's fairly clear that Mona has dropped out and Burke was deleting the fake scholarship he had made for her. Maya snapped at Quinn after finding out the tuition was a lie and she found that out because Mona accidentally let it slip, and since Mona was already on thin ice with Quinn, Quinn may have either threatened Mona again or told Mona she was out of the HOTs. In either case, Mona's probably decided it's best to leave rather than risk gettting more caught up in all of this.
I agree with the general point, but I think Mona decided to leave on her own. Quinn was undoubtedly furious at her, but kicking Mona out immediately after inducting her into the HOTs would raise lots of problematic questions. Even Quinn would recognize that (probably).

I think it's more likely that Mona left on her own because: a) she realized it was only a matter of time before the truth came out, b) she was sick of having to keep Quinn's secrets without any of the benefits, c) she felt guilty over having to take Quinn's side over Maya, d) she decided to leave before Quinn had a chance to do anything worse to her, or e) some combination of the above.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
As they say, correlation does not equal causation. It's possible (even likely IMHO) that both Mona leaving and Burke deleting her scholarship were consequences of something else, namely Mona backing out of Quinn's restaurant deal.

I agree with the general point, but I think Mona decided to leave on her own. Quinn was undoubtedly furious at her, but kicking Mona out immediately after inducting her into the HOTs would raise lots of problematic questions. Even Quinn would recognize that (probably).

I think it's more likely that Mona left on her own because: a) she realized it was only a matter of time before the truth came out, b) she was sick of having to keep Quinn's secrets without any of the benefits, c) she felt guilty over having to take Quinn's side over Maya, d) she decided to leave before Quinn had a chance to do anything worse to her, or e) some combination of the above.
that's why I talked about Burke / Quinn

surely the question of the restaurant and Mona's abandonment to "Burke's consummation" is part of the story

but in the end there are only two ways, there is no need to complicate each situation.

or Mona decided to leave (because of Quinn's behavior, Camilla's turnaround etc), so Burke took note and canceled her scholarship. (superficially still one less problem for Quinn and Burke)

or Mona has suffered this punitive choice of Quinn and Burke, and at that point she has agreed to a change of scenery anyway (not paying for the enrollment in a college where she has no reason to want to stay)

I don't think Mona cares much that she didn't support Maya, that she also supported her, what good would it do?

and as you write: for me too Mona left the BR on her own initiative

Reactions: Kellermann

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
that's why I talked about Burke / Quinn

surely the question of the restaurant and Mona's abandonment to "Burke's consummation" is part of the story

but in the end there are only two ways, there is no need to complicate each situation.

or Mona decided to leave (because of Quinn's behavior, Camilla's turnaround etc), so Burke took note and canceled her scholarship. (superficially still one less problem for Quinn and Burke)

or Mona has suffered this punitive choice of Quinn and Burke, and at that point she has agreed to a change of scenery anyway (not paying for the enrollment in a college where she has no reason to want to stay)

I don't think Mona cares much that she didn't support Maya, that she also supported her, what good would it do?

and as you write: for me too Mona left the BR on her own initiative
My point is that Burke's action doesn't necessarily follow from Mona's decision to leave. It's probable that he would have canceled her "scholarship" even if she decided to tough it out and stay at B&R.

IMHO, Burke is canceling her scholarship because she backed out of the deal for free tuition. Mona is also leaving because she backed out of the deal, but the two actions are not directly linked to each other. They're linked to Mona running off during the prep party.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
If only that one comment by MC at the end of the episode where he kissed Bella. "If I knew why she was crying, I'd call for help."
Well, she's also thought things like 'please come back, I forgive you' as well as asked for forgiveness. So its not that he's in a coma or unable to return somehow. He's actively gone away on his own, specifically because of what happened between him and Bella.
I'm a proponent of the theory that the big trauma was Bella losing/miscarrying a baby (these things break up families and can cause Bella to shy away from sex). That Bella and James blame each other for it to a certain extent. He left. The locked room is a child's nursery that was never (or only briefly) used. Hints of roving eyes or hearts are ancillary and not traumatic enough for the words used in the library scene nor to cause Bella to stop smiling for 3 years.

As a big Bella fan in for the long haul, I even described it in "Coldplay." :LOL:
BellaTCP.png

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
I'm a proponent of the theory that the big trauma was Bella losing/miscarrying a baby (these things break up families and can cause Bella to shy away from sex). That Bella and James blame each other for it to a certain extent. He left. The locked room is a child's nursery that was never (or only briefly) used. Hints of roving eyes or hearts are ancillary and not traumatic enough for the words used in the library scene nor to cause Bella to stop smiling for 3 years.
Out of all theories this one sounds most convincing to me (y)(y)

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020

As a big Bella fan in for the long haul, I even described it in "Coldplay." :LOL:
View attachment 999110
Damn son. I never even considered the miscarriage/losing a baby angle. Yeah, thats the sort of thing that'll fuck up a woman for years. I like this theory.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
hello friends, i got a damn fucking bug with the last version of being a dik, when i check the smartphone in game, and choose characters bios, i see the names of the characters, but not anymore the story i have done with them. do you know how to fix this ?

history is gone for all characters, has anyone a clue, i am runing non patched original version 0.6.1 on windows 7.

it seems my choice are not recorded anymore in the history session. am i the only one to have this behaviour ?

thanks for your help

View attachment 977446
Start a new game and see if you still have that problem

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020

View attachment 999110
Oo man , did this guy just spoil the story?:eek::D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

View attachment 999110
Out of all theories this one sounds most convincing to me (y)(y)
Damn son. I never even considered the miscarriage/losing a baby angle. Yeah, thats the sort of thing that'll fuck up a woman for years. I like this theory.
Oo man , did this guy just spoil the story?:eek::D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Miscarriages are seriously common. Like 10 - 15% of known pregnancies result in a miscarriage. That's why a lot of women don't make a big deal to family and friends until they've reached the second trimester. Most women just quietly deal with it. Whilst it's upsetting, it's more upsetting if they continue to miscarriage multiple times (i.e. they can't have a baby), but a single miscarriage? I don't think it's possible this is Bella's story.

Now if a husband left his wife because she miscarried, he can just fuck off and die.

That said, the locked room could be a nursery...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
My point is that Burke's action doesn't necessarily follow from Mona's decision to leave. It's probable that he would have canceled her "scholarship" even if she decided to tough it out and stay at B&R.

IMHO, Burke is canceling her scholarship because she backed out of the deal for free tuition. Mona is also leaving because she backed out of the deal, but the two actions are not directly linked to each other. They're linked to Mona running off during the prep party.
it wouldn't make much sense .. kicking out whoever wants to leave. instead, canceling the scholarship of a student who withdraws is practically a duty

but even so, Burke's action would become completely irrelevant

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
That's why a lot of women don't make a big deal to family and friends
I don't have much idea about miscarriages but for plot this theory sounds just right. Not too much like "psychopath serial killer" nor something completely stupid, this one has just right amount of drama.
Now if a husband left his wife because she miscarried, he can just fuck off and die.
+1 on this

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

View attachment 999110
it was also my favorite theory.

however recently, for what little Bella's story has progressed, the aspect of betrayal and adultery has been emphasized. so probably there will be a more soap opera explanation

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I don't have much idea about miscarriages but for plot this theory sounds just right. Not too much like "psychopath serial killer" nor something completely stupid, this one has just right amount of drama.

+1 on this
Yeah, I'm already starting to change my mind on this. She may have miscarried, she was depressed and he wasn't there for her. They fought and broke up. She forgives him for not being there for her when he couldn't understand what she was going though, and she asks for forgiveness for expecting more from him. Pretty lame but people break up over lamer things than that. And the locked room is the nursery for the child that never came. Or even worse, they had a baby, and then the baby died. That fucks people up more. If you search for miscarriage in this thread, it's been tossed around before.

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
it was also my favorite theory.

however recently, for what little Bella's story has progressed, the aspect of betrayal and adultery has been emphasized. so probably there will be a more soap opera explanation
Well , it could also mean like she had a miscarriage and had a fight with her husband or her husband just left the house for some time{which turned into weeks} so that he could take his mind off from this thing which is obviously hard to do and Bella doing these kind of things with mc might make her feel that she is betraying her husband

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes