felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Heather is going to give it up soon and I suspect it will be part of a Tommy storyline where he and MC have the potential to become more adversarial again. Perhaps even love rivals for either Heather or Quinn depending on your choices. I'll go for both in different playthroughs if I can't get them at the same time. Despite the boys night out, I'm still compelled to cuck Tommy with all the women in his life. I've gotten Josy and Quinn, now I need at least Heather. DPC really must introduce Tommy's mother to the equation so I can feel a complete sense of mission accomplished.

I don't agree with your plan, but I appreciate your consistency:cool:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
surely there are some surprises in store for the finale, and I am not referring to the results of the different twists.

right now for the pitch that has history, the whole game should cover no more than 3 months of college life. but can the story end like this in the middle of the school year? there are too many situations in the balance, which cannot have a stable conclusion in this way

the most likely thing is a time jump in the last chapter to show us how it went and what happened to the different characters. but it would be trivial, I expect something more
I was always hoping for a full college experience, 4 year. But I don't think that is possible, I'm not giving up hope it's still manageable, but my biggest fear is DPC gonna burn out. I think the game is outgrow him, it's bigger than him. the possibilities of this game is almost endless, but he alone I dont think he can deliver.

It's still manageable, and what I mean by that is that we don't actually have a calendar, we used the Hell week, as a calendar to count how much time has passed, but now that is over, He can easily jump ahead weeks, or even some months.
and there are events just scream to happen, like Spring break, or a Xmas themed episode, I do think He would not mind to make at least one of these.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
The reason for her attitude change is the mc calls her out on it (if he's a DIK).

mc: "Are you seriously turning this conversation into why I wouldn't feel you up when you're sleeping?"
mc: "You're just looking for any reason to yell right now. I'm out."
Heather: "Wait!"
mc "What?"
Heather: "..."
Heather: "Thanks."

If he's a Chick, he just pathetically tries to explain himself and she calls him a pervert.
That's fair, it doesn't exactly contradict what I said, but I didn't exactly remember all the details.

Reactions: shazba

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I was always hoping for a full college experience, 4 year. But I don't think that is possible, I'm not giving up hope it's still manageable, but my biggest fear is DPC gonna burn out. I think the game is outgrow him, it's bigger than him. the possibilities of this game is almost endless, but he alone I dont think he can deliver.

It's still manageable, and what I mean by that is that we don't actually have a calendar, we used the Hell week, as a calendar to count how much time has passed, but now that is over, He can easily jump ahead weeks, or even some months.
and there are events just scream to happen, like Spring break, or a Xmas themed episode, I do think He would not mind to make at least one of these.

if DPC thought of covering a longer period it would have already started running, instead the only change was to think of reducing the number of chapters ...

chapter 5 and chapter 6 together don't make a week ..

I also have some concerns about DPC.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

I'd be surprised in DPC burns out. Didn't he make the move to full time developer, quitting his day job (or am I thinking of someone else). Plus as I understand it he already has a skeleton plot and it's just a matter of padding it through the seasons.

There's probably room for some random side dramas or flings, but if he sticks to his original plan, the game should progress how it started - fun.

I'd suggest this is how DPC will be making a living for a long time (making quality adult games), as long as Patreon doesn't change its platform and pull the rug out from under him. Not sure how much he'd be making on Steam sales alone.

I also have some concerns about DPC.
What kind of concerns specifically?

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Hmm, from episode 5 ending, to episode 6 ending is a weak. or at least 5 day. We end ep5 at Sunday,
and we finish ep6 at Friday evening. and now that the Hot scavenger hunt is also over, We don't know how episode 7 start. We can start right where we left, moving toward the Room of Maya, or much more likely scenario we jump ahead some time, and in a flashback He show us what happened , if anything happened at all.

Maybe we starting with Josy, floating in the pool, remembering back that it's a week or more time has passed since Maya's dad take Maya home or something after he caught them together

travelman

Dec 14, 2018
I was always hoping for a full college experience, 4 year.
"Previously in Being a DIK ep. 357"

I figured he already has story written and at most he's changing is some small detail, maybe adding some sidechick content. Perspective changes a bit depending on who MC is chasing, but story seems to be so far pretty linear and plot already thickens, so I doubt we get more than 3 seasons. I haven't played AL, but from what I heard it hit hard with drama, so I reckon the same will happen here, maybe that will cause the "rest of the college went by pretty chill because everyone was fucking traumatized" timeskip ending.

Reactions: shazba

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'd be surprised in DPC burns out. Didn't he make the move to full time developer, quitting his day job (or am I thinking of someone else). Plus as I understand it he already has a skeleton plot and it's just a matter of padding it through the seasons.

There's probably room for some random side dramas or flings, but if he sticks to his original plan, the game should progress how it started - fun.

I'd suggest this is how DPC will be making a living for a long time (making quality adult games), as long as Patreon doesn't change its platform and pull the rug out from under him. Not sure how much he'd be making on Steam sales alone.

What kind of concerns specifically?
related concerns

but I think that DPC maybe starting to be tired of BADIK, that he wants to close it to move on to his next project

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

I figured he already has story written and at most he's changing is some small detail, maybe adding some sidechick content. Perspective changes a bit depending on who MC is chasing, but story seems to be so far pretty linear and plot already thickens, so I doubt we get more than 3 seasons. I haven't played AL, but from what I heard it hit hard with drama, so I reckon the same will happen here, maybe that will cause the "rest of the college went by pretty chill because everyone was fucking traumatized" timeskip ending.

and That's exactly what my concern is, this would be pretty much a let down ending, don't you think?

and to be honest I'm pretty tired of the Acting Lessons comparison :ROFLMAO: .

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
surely there are some surprises in store for the finale, and I am not referring to the results of the different twists.

right now for the pitch that has history, the whole game should cover no more than 3 months of college life. but can the story end like this in the middle of the school year? there are too many situations in the balance, which cannot have a stable conclusion in this way

the most likely thing is a time jump in the last chapter to show us how it went and what happened to the different characters. but it would be trivial, I expect something more
The story can end early on, yes. So far we've had 6 episodes covering the first 3 weeks of the MC at college. Ep 6 really blitzed through a lot of time, covering around 5 days of in-game time. So we've got at least 2 scenarios going forward, 1) the next 6 episodes cover another 3 weeks, or 2) each episode from now on covers roughly a week each. By the time we get to Ep 12, which may be the last episode, it could either be 6 weeks at college or roughly 10 weeks if there are no time jumps.

In either case, there's plenty of time to resolve the most lingering issues and then just sum up the rest of his time at college as typical, standard, and generally less eventful than these first few weeks, and it would work just fine.

That's how it goes in some movies, so I really don't see a problem with it.

Actually they did. Ep 5 was the rest of Saturday evening and Sunday morning/afternoon of the 2nd week, and Ep 5 was Monday-Friday of week 3, so together they did cover an in-game week.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Quinn telling Riona that she's too dumb to finish college on her own and will only make it by continuing to whore herself out is peak Quinn.
Yep. but if we want to play the devil's advocate, in this case Quinn. We can Say She is just afraid that she will be left alone, that Riona will leave her, but she's too insecure and pride, to admit her feelings, to show her emotions, and vulnerabilities, so instead she meaner and manipulative.
isn't it fascinating? How we can approach differently the same subject. :cool:
well, except when it's come to Josy and Maya because we know they are unredeemable:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Yep. but if we want to play the devil's advocate, in this case Quinn. We can Say She is just afraid that she will be left alone, that Riona will leave her, but she's too insecure and pride, to admit her feelings, to show her emotions, and vulnerabilities, so instead she meaner and manipulative.
isn't it fascinating? How we can approach differently the same subject. :cool:
well, except when it's come to Josy and Maya because we know they are unredeemable:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
wtf are you talking about :WaitWhat::WaitWhat:

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap

sbarabaus

Dec 29, 2017
Hmm, from episode 5 ending, to episode 6 ending is a weak. or at least 5 day. We end ep5 at Sunday,
and we finish ep6 at Friday evening. and now that the Hot scavenger hunt is also over, We don't know how episode 7 start. We can start right where we left, moving toward the Room of Maya, or much more likely scenario we jump ahead some time, and in a flashback He show us what happened , if anything happened at all.

Maybe we starting with Josy, floating in the pool, remembering back that it's a week or more time has passed since Maya's dad take Maya home or something after he caught them together
why should he jump ahead? it seems that there's some serious urgent shit going on right now

rj677

May 30, 2020

I agree with both of you on some points. I was looking forward to a full college experience after Season 1 (Ep4), since one of my theories was that DPC would advance time after Hell Week and The HOTS Scavenger Hunt ended (I was thinking that those 2 events maybe would happen in the same Episode) until the next Big Plot Point on the story that I was thinking it would probably happen closer to Christmas.

However that didnt happen and now I quit that notion of the "Full College Experience", since Im not seeing the story slow down enough for that to happen... Mainly the Quinn path, that was revved to 200 MPH in Ep6 and I think that that speed wont decrease until the ending of the game, meaning that Quinns situation almost doesnt leave room for a "Time Skip".

Im still holding out hope that BaDIK, at the very least, tells us the story off a full year of college (until the Summer) with all kinds of Canon Events until there like Xmas and Spring/Easter Break (please none of those "Non Canon DLCs" :rolleyes::rolleyes:) and after that do a Huge Time jump to the ending of the MC with the LI, LIs or Side Characters that he ended up with and what happened to the ones he didnt end up with. But even that scenario seems unlikely to me :confused:

Reactions: felicemastronzo

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
related concerns

but I think that DPC maybe starting to be tired of BADIK, that he wants to close it to move on to his next project
I'm thinking the opposite. I see sequels and spin-offs coming, such as grad school (Being a DIK: DIK Masters, and Being a DIK: Doctors of DIK) or epilogue stories (Being a DIK: Arieth's Legacy, and Being an ΑΝΩ: Tybalt's Produce Years).

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes