Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
likely, but it is by no means certain that it will become a known fact, and then you still have to take some consummations, just having Quinn's phone number means little
It's too big of an issue and tied into too many storylines for it not to became a known fact... but you are correct, actually using the restaurant would be far, far worse.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's too big of an issue and tied into too many storylines for it not to became a known fact... but you are correct, actually using the restaurant would be far, far worse.
the existence of the restaurant will undoubtedly come to light, it is not certain that it will come to light that MC knew about it

in the storyline with Sage I'd be surprised if the opposite was true, with the other LIs I don't know, probable but not certain.

if mc only has Quinn's number he could be fine.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Personally I'm getting over Jill and moving on towards Sage, Sage's scenes are great even if you don't pursue her in the FWB angle.
Sage's non-sexual scenes are among the best.

I wish I had a reaction for that. That'd be legendary if DPC made a render for a background character like Linda and her diet orange drinks
Wendy deserves it, after all, she's going to make Derek a father.

Reactions: shinkei

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Adinho Welcome to the forums! and what a juicy post. I don't think I've ever considered Troy to be the one black mailing Chad and Dawe. It'd make sense since he has motive for being kicked out of the jocks.
He could potentially be working with the Tri-Betas because I still think it's Sally taking Jamie's phone since we're shown her dancing with him in episode 2 at the DIKS

rj677

May 30, 2020
in my opinion it will have a major impact, negative, in the storyline with Sage
If its just a negative impact Im accepting the consequences.

However, if DPC pulls his drama shenanigans and makes that choice be a factor to lose Sage forever. or if he makes us lose Sage because we fucked every girl up until Sage says she wants a serious relationship.. I think DPC is gonna need to put all that money he has milked from his patreons into hiring a good security system and a good security team, because Im booking a flight straight to Sweden

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Yeah, but taking the number for restaurant use would also imply that Quinn have MC's number (since she does call him with an offer in EP4)... which could lead to problems and questions.

If you don't take her number at that point you get it from... darn, I can't remember who it is that gives Quinn's number to MC during AnO party (Lily? Camilla? Sage?) so you should be in the clear.

But going back to original question, I do agree that a true DIK character would never pay for sex. So taking the number should be a CHICK choice...

Reactions: ChipLecsap

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
the existence of the restaurant will undoubtedly come to light, it is not certain that it will come to light that MC knew about it

in the storyline with Sage I'd be surprised if the opposite was true, with the other LIs I don't know, probable but not certain.

The only way the MC gets in trouble for using the restaurant would be if there's video evidence, and I don't think Quinn is quite that savvy or has the money to afford to put spy cameras where all the gloryholes are.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018

However, if DPC pulls his drama shenanigans and makes that choice be a factor to lose Sage forever. or if he makes us lose Sage because we fucked every girl up until Sage says she wants a serious relationship.. I think DPC is gonna need to put all that money he has milked from his patreons into hiring a good security system and a good security team, because Im booking a flight straight to Sweden
You and Arigon can chip in together for tickets haha

But Sage has said it herself in the HOT pool on her route that she doesn't care if the MC fucks other girls

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah, but taking the number for restaurant use would also imply that Quinn have MC's number (since she does call him with an offer in EP4)... which could lead to problems and questions.

If you don't take her number at that point you get it from... darn, I can't remember who it is that gives Quinn's number to MC during AnO party (Lily? Camilla? Sage?) so you should be in the clear.

But going back to original question, I do agree that a true DIK character would never pay for sex. So taking the number should be a CHICK choice...
Camila gives the MC Quinn's number if you don't have it in Ep 5.

Also, I'd say that not paying for sex is much more what a CHICK character would never do whereas a DIK character would have zero compunction about forking over their life savings for some sweet ass on the regular.

But Sage has said it herself in the HOT pool on her route that she doesn't care if the MC fucks other girls
That's what they all say, but deep down we all know that's BS.

SenkuIshigami

Jun 12, 2019

Make that two tickets if he continues to make Tybalt a haemorrhoid in my ass that always gets in the way of my girl Jill.

• Haha
Reactions: Noelle Silva

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Also, I'd say that not paying for sex is much more what a CHICK character would never do whereas a DIK character would have zero compunction about forking over their life savings for some sweet ass on the regular.
It's not about being willing to pay for sex, it's about needing to pay for sex.

A DIK character would have so much pussy available that he doesn't need to pay for it... besides, why pay for something you can get for free? So far, Rionna is the only one from restaurant menu you can't get to fuck for free (since her EP5 scene require S1 restaurant scene)... and that might change in the future.

A CHICK character on the other hand would have limited choices so he might need to pay to get something extra...

ExDeath730

Jan 29, 2018
Adinho Welcome to the forums! and what a juicy post. I don't think I've ever considered Troy to be the one black mailing Chad and Dawe. It'd make sense since he has motive for being kicked out of the jocks.
He could potentially be working with the Tri-Betas because I still think it's Sally taking Jamie's phone since we're shown her dancing with him in episode 2 at the DIKS
Jumping off of what you two just theorized. What if there's no mastermind? But several different interests sometimes coinciding with each other. The frat stuff can be a mix of Troy still butthurt about getting kicked from the Alphas and things escalating beyond his control.
Vinny could have something against the DIKs, or even better, B&R and wants to see everything burn. Some people said in here that they wanted someone who would be able to match de MC, that's this guy. He is basically the evil version of the MC.
At last we have Burke with his fingers deep into several pies in the campus. He seems like the "Big Bad", but he could be just a corrupt college professor, bainging university students because of some third life crisis and out of control.
Even Quinn, that a lot of people see like satan, is just expanding the family business into B&R and noticing it isn't that profitable.

Anyway, things could be more interesting like this, if we have several different assholes trying different and often competing schemes and things getting out of hand.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

The planned animations are fully rendered (222/222), but this count may increase before release if I want to add something for any scene.

Animations aren't the focus anymore, which frees up time for the rest of the development.

This week I mainly worked on the phone and special content for the episode.

Special content includes collectibles, galleries, and more, and I've been focusing on the Rooster and chat apps this week when it comes to phone content.

I completed the Special render series for Jill, an adventure theme this time around, and the series tells a short story if viewed from start to finish. I have a similar concept for Riona's special render series this episode.

I've implemented the Special renders and the 2D art in the galleries, and the lewd scene galleries are in place as well. I need to add some of the Special renders to the free roams that are left to create.

I've been ordering 2D art for a long time, and it feels great to be able to add it to the game as extra content. I went back and forth in the design of how to display the 2D art in the gallery, but I believe that I've found the best way for it with the current design. I'll be pleased to hear feedback on the 2D art implementation after the episode is released, as it's a bit different from other special renders.

I can't spoil what will be in the episode regarding mini-games, but I have worked on several of them this week, and I have a few left in need of content.

I need to work more on sound effects and music soon. Several scenes haven't gotten audio yet, so adding this is a near-future goal.

Other than that, I will be powering on with writing and art production.

Reporting on computer maintenance isn't that fun, as it doesn't bring direct value to the game development, but I had to do something this week as my main PC was running out of disc space. I have now upgraded my SSD discs, made proper backups, and did some overall PC cleaning and maintenance.

With this upgrade, I'd be shocked if I had to worry about disc space for the remainder of the creation of Being a DIK.

I'll be posting a preview of Jill's special render series this weekend, and there will also be a poll for 2D art.

10,000 Patrons wallpaper series
For the eleventh wallpaper, it's Maya's turn to shine. Download the full resolution versions in the attachments below.

View attachment 1043756
View attachment 1043757

I bet that many of you wonder how many wallpapers remain in this series, and the answer is 8. So, you can expect four more weeks of wallpapers.

Enjoy and have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Meh, acceptable. Skin looks nice for a change. Not a big fan of how the shadowing makes her look ashy, but overall not too bad.

Isn't that why we have Quinn? To have an antagonist worth of our MC?
I guess you could consider her an antagonist, but I don't really see her as a criminal mastermind of the game. She does annoying things and angers people yes, but is she actively trying to thwart or bring down MC? No. Using the Star Wars analogy, she seems more like a Vader than the Emperor in that she'll probably be somewhat redeemed in the end, but will die in the process.

Reactions: ChipLecsap
4.80 star(s) 1,529 Votes