Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah ChipLecsap I'm still riding with you, even though I'm just remembering I had this debate back in October and lost it then I won't lose it now

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
So... you're saying Jill is moving too fast for you? ;)

More seriously, though, I don't mind the MC automatically declining encounters in theory. But in practice I wish there was a coherent rationale for his decisions. The MC will automatically turn down Cathy if he's on M&J's path, yet he's happy to bang Nora or Envy AND Sandy. On Jill's path he'll turn down N/E&S, but he's still happy to fool around with Cathy, or even Jade. And he'll turn down simply kissing Lily (purely for her scavenger hunt!) even though he could pay her for a blowjob a mere one episode before.

It's hard to see pattern connecting those dots. Jill's path at least includes a monologue where the MC will call himself out for sleeping around, so it's possible he'll be more consistent now that he has that polaroid. But then again, Jade doesn't even come up in the monologue so maybe not. Maya & Josy is even worse, since the MC will brazenly say they agreed to an open relationship if Derek asks about Bella; can't very well claim he needed to turn down Lily, can he?

So yeah, I understand the need to keep the options to manageable level but I wish DPC would either give us bit more choice or stick with a more consistent explanation for the MC's choices.
This is the thing; narrative and character inconsistencies. Aside from what the MC can do before that Cathy non-decision, it's also contradicted by the fact that he can then have casual trysts with as many as 3 other women in the very next episode when he's still with M&J.

It doesn't even seem to be about managing options but more about managing storylines to avoid lots of branching and/or to avoid issues where certain plot threads won't be compatible later on down the line, but it doing so it creates these seemingly inexplicable inconsistencies in other aspects of the game.

I've been browsing that site, the DAZ one, how much do you think DPC has dropped on this game? In his post he said the game's expensive and I don't know how the music thing works but some of the prices on that site are crazy like character models and clothing
DPC might have paid for their assets, but there are websites where you can get literally hundreds of them for free, so any dev, both established and starting out, could get assets from these sites and it would save them a lot of money. The biggest expense is in the hardware because that's what's most necessary to produce high quality renders as quickly as possible.

I'm pretty convinced that these sudden dead ends are related to future situations in the game.

i.e., that at some point MC can't be both tied to Cathy and M+J, or Jill and Nichole, or Quinn and M+J (and maybe Jill and Sage).

and then to avoid this situation DPC places blocks earlier in the story

otherwise there would remain some really very arbitrary plot choices as you were pointing out.
It's possible these roadblocks are being put in place to prevent incompatible plot points and storylines later on, but if that's the case I'd say that's pretty poor planning on DPC's part.

What they'd essentially be doing here, if this is the case, is saying that there's something about being able to pursue something with Cathy that interferes with the M&J path in such a major way that they, the dev, have to take away your ability to choose to take things further with Cathy because they either haven't figured out how to make it work on the M&J path or have elected not to make it work, whether this would work out good or bad.

In either case, I think it reflects very poorly on them as a dev because aside from the fact that even lesser quality, choice-based VNs are able to make multiple paths compatible with each other, even if that compatibility means there's a consequence for your earlier decisions and for being on different paths, it also creates narrative inconsistencies as we've seen where he has no problem plowing his way through several girls at the party and will have a threesome with 2 strippers, but draws the line at Cathy for some reason.

I doubt it. Especially at the pace of the story, Holy Bacchus gave a pretty good time line of events happening in the game but who's to say there won't be a time skip.
This?

Doing this little chart reminds me that I made a post a while ago showing just how much the MC has and can get up to during his time at college but I hadn't updated it with the events of Ep 6...until now. ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Casmyr

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Sage is a fourth year, you know how weird the US is, right? They use miles instead of KM etc... Apparently in college they have calendar year and "year" year like the rest of the world. Sage is in her senior year and is also getting help from bella with her essay, therefore she is a 4th year
Well, I was wrong then. it happens, DPC fault, be more transparent :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: n0cn1l and Casmyr

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Sage is a fourth year, you know how weird the US is, right? They use miles instead of KM etc... Apparently in college they have calendar year and "year" year like the rest of the world. Sage is in her senior year and is also getting help from bella with her essay, therefore she is a 4th year
she also said she will graduate next year so she'll have a hard time managing HOTs at the same time. And she began working on that thesis of hers earlier than she should, again she said that herself. Well anyways, anyone can believe anything they want to here, because it's been discussed by the same group of people thinking the exact same thing.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Well, I was wrong then. it happens, DPC fault, be more transparent :ROFLMAO:
DPC eat's rotten shark (it's a delicacy in his country thank you poodiepie) so it's DPC's fault that we got btfo'd

Holy Bacchus That was the post, and there was another one I think where you made a graph or something but I could have been mistaken.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
DPC eat's rotten shark (it's a delicacy in his country thank you poodiepie) so it's DPC's fault that we got btfo'd

Holy Bacchus That was the post, and there was another one I think where you made a graph or something but I could have been mistaken.
I haven't done any graphs (who do you think I am? ename144? :ROFLMAO:), but I did do a table prior to that post. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
It's been 3 weeks so far.

Episode 1
Week 1
Episode 2
Weeks 1 & 2
Episode 3
Week 2
Episode 4
Week 2
Episode 5
Week 2
Episode 6
Weeks 2 & 3
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday​
Thursday night
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday​
Monday night
Tuesday
Wednesday​
Wednesday night
Thursday
Friday
Saturday morning and afternoon​
Saturday evening & night
Sunday morning and afternoon​
Sunday night
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday​

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
That was it. Thanks. It helped me put events into perspective I don't know why I didn't book mark it. Thank you

Bookmarked now.

Reactions: rustysword01

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
she also said she will graduate next year so she'll have a hard time managing HOTs at the same time. And she began working on that thesis of hers earlier than she should, again she said that herself. Well anyways, anyone can believe anything they want to here, because it's been discussed by the same group of people thinking the exact same thing.
In game it's September, she graduates in May, hence next year.

I don't think it can be any clearer that Sage in her final year of school, but yet I see this pop up every so often.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
3th year. ;). but I honestly don't know why nobody asked this question during Q/A, its not a too big spoiler at all, if we get a confirmation about a time frame.
No, she's a 4th year, one year ahead of Quinn who is intended to take over as Hots president next year. Remember that she was Hots president when Rusty and Tommy were freshmen so she has to be at least one year ahead of them and, since they're 3rd years, she's a 4th year.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
In game it's September, she graduates in May, hence next year.

I don't think it can be any clearer that Sage in her final year of school, but yet I see this pop up every so often.
:is about to graduate:
*police be like:
:ima about to end this girl's whole carrer:

gets arrested for unknowingly running a drug ring inside the college
tybalt bois goes into witness protection

Reactions: Casmyr

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
and what would you have better things to do with your life?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Exactly. It is better to help a woman in need than to have fun with other women.
And who knows .. maybe this woman will pay back one day? :sneaky:

PS: Thanks to helping Bella paint the fence, we got a very hot scene with her in ep.6.
As for me, it was very worthwhile! :love:

Last edited:

akdomino

Feb 16, 2021
Just looked around the thread and found that a lot of people think Josy is going to the HOTs.

I mean the bed that Mona had occupied in the dorm.
If you are on the Maya / Josie path you can also go to the MC.

And frankly, Josy would be heartless to go to the HOTs considering Maya's relationship with the HOTs.

I know there is a preview of where Josy is in the HOT pool. But that doesn't mean she's moving to the HOTs.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes