shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
I don't think it is her last year of school. She is already working on her thesis - which she was doing in the library. That means she plans to do a masters, no? So she is year 4 planning for year 5 or years 5&6 as I understand it.

Room639

Feb 24, 2019
Highly likely that the entire story covers MC’s 1st year. Also Sage is a 4th year.
I could see a jump in between season 2 and 3 to move the story along. If it is 16-20 episodes then we will need to have new conflicts and characters. The easiest way to accomplish this would be to have a jump in the timeline with some details added in through introductions and flashbacks.

Reactions: shinkei

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Highly likely that the entire story covers MC’s 1st year. Also Sage is a 4th year.
I could see a jump in between season 2 and 3 to move the story along. If it is 16-20 episodes then we will need to have new conflicts and characters. The easiest way to accomplish this would be to have a jump in the timeline with some details added in through introductions and flashbacks.
Whereas it's long been my belief that the story will only cover the MC's first semester and end around Christmas. I base on the number of planned episodes and the amount of time which has past in the previous episodes.

akdomino

Feb 16, 2021
I could imagine the DPC adding a few time jumps at the end. But only when all the problems and the drama are resolved would it tear the story apart.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Just looked around the thread and found that a lot of people think Josy is going to the HOTs.

It should be remembered that Mona's bed became vacant.
If you are on the Maya / Josie path you can also go to the MC.

And frankly, Josy would be heartless to go to the HOTs considering Maya's relationship with the HOTs.

I know there is a preview of where Josy is in the HOT pool. But that doesn't mean she's moving to the HOTs.
Josy doesn't need the spot left by Mona, she and Maya would be entitled to theirs, Maya is very unlikely to go back to Quinn, Josy in theory is more free

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
and if anything in these flashbacks we see hints of sexual acts between Jill and MC.:eek::eek::eek:

to have a time jump the game should have reached at the end of the second season a relatively stable situation, which allows to move forward without leaving important plots hanging. it's possible, but for now we are in high water

except if we talk about minimal time jumps, like a couple of weeks

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Just looked around the thread and found that a lot of people think Josy is going to the HOTs.

I mean the bed that Mona had occupied in the dorm.
If you are on the Maya / Josie path you can also go to the MC.

And frankly, Josy would be heartless to go to the HOTs considering Maya's relationship with the HOTs.

I know there is a preview of where Josy is in the HOT pool. But that doesn't mean she's moving to the HOTs.
Both Maya and Josy earned their spot in the HOTs, though by cheating, if Maya decides to leave because she was stupid enough to believe that she'll get 10s of thousands of dollars given to her upon entry, why should Josy punish herself?

I'm curious if there will be any action with Cathy in ep.7. I don't know about you guys, but somehow I became more attached to her than to Jade.
I'm gonna come out and guarantee Cathy content in episode 7. She took on a minor role in episode 6 and now it's time for her to shine, plus Pinkcakes needs to set the stage for the teacher threesome in episode 8.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
That was it. Thanks. It helped me put events into perspective I don't know why I didn't book mark it. Thank you

Bookmarked now.
I also have a post for the total number of renders for each of the main girls if you want to bookmark that too.

That also reminds that I twice did lists showing what scenes and moments depend on being a certain Affinity and or Status but hadn't updated it for Ep 6. I've updated it now (wasn't that much) as well as updating the breakdown of how much RP can be gained by being a certain Affinity and/or Status, in addition to adding the gain numbers for being on certain paths and making certain important choices.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020
guys, i unlocked all the videos and pictures with the cheats .. how do i lock them, i would like to replay it clean .. i tried to move the saves but they remain unlocked anyway .. advice?

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
This is the thing; narrative and character inconsistencies. Aside from what the MC can do before that Cathy non-decision, it's also contradicted by the fact that he can then have casual trysts with as many as 3 other women in the very next episode when he's still with M&J.

It doesn't even seem to be about managing options but more about managing storylines to avoid lots of branching and/or to avoid issues where certain plot threads won't be compatible later on down the line, but it doing so it creates these seemingly inexplicable inconsistencies in other aspects of the game.
Controlling branches or avoiding incompatible paths down the line is exactly what I meant by managing options. As much as we want total flexibility, we all know there are going to be limits to what a VN can do. The question is really how those limitations are conveyed to the player, and that's where I agree BaDIK has been so frustrating at times.

Not all the time, certainly. I thought the Sage scene in Episode 5 worked very well despite the lack of choice: fuck buddies will automatically have sex with her, and players who didn't make out with her will automatically turn down her offer. That makes sense (the situation hasn't really changed since the last time the player made a choice), and the rationale is clearly conveyed to the player.

I'm also mostly on board with the way Jill is handled after her date; it makes some sense that an MC pursuing a girl like Jill would understand that rampant casual sex is eventually going to get in the way of courting Jill, and looking longingly at her polaroid is a good way to illustrate that thought process to the player. The problem is that the MC's monologue only addresses the main LIs when he berates himself for sleeping around; ongoing affairs with Jade or Envy aren't mentioned at all.* That makes for a very muddled setup.

It gets worse because of how uninterested the MC is in giving Maya & Josy the same respect. Yes, Maya insisted on no strings, but even her explanation made it pretty clear she expected those strings to happen if the throuple was meant to be. Yet we never see the MC think in those terms; he was very concerned about having to stop dating others, and when Maya proposes the setup the MC accepts immediately. It gives the impression that the MC is more serious about Jill than he is about Maya/Josy - which would be fine as an option, but is strange as automatic behavior.

I suspect I could live with arbitrary restrictions if DPC did a better job of explaining the MC's thought process.

*Come to think of it, I've never seen if Quinn would be mentioned if the MC had sex with her...

It's possible these roadblocks are being put in place to prevent incompatible plot points and storylines later on, but if that's the case I'd say that's pretty poor planning on DPC's part.

What they'd essentially be doing here, if this is the case, is saying that there's something about being able to pursue something with Cathy that interferes with the M&J path in such a major way that they, the dev, have to take away your ability to choose to take things further with Cathy because they either haven't figured out how to make it work on the M&J path or have elected not to make it work, whether this would work out good or bad.

In either case, I think it reflects very poorly on them as a dev because aside from the fact that even lesser quality, choice-based VNs are able to make multiple paths compatible with each other, even if that compatibility means there's a consequence for your earlier decisions and for being on different paths, it also creates narrative inconsistencies as we've seen where he has no problem plowing his way through several girls at the party and will have a threesome with 2 strippers, but draws the line at Cathy for some reason.
Maybe, but a lot of the other games I've played feel a less immersive in terms of those choices, too: either the MC just compartmentalizes everything (and events on one LI path rarely influences events on another), or they're just a harem game and the 'consequence' is getting extra LIs for free. Remember, we're mostly talking about side-girls. BaDIK has a relatively integrated story that doesn't really keep the side-girls contained to a given path.

Maybe this is simply a clumsy way of getting to a more compartmentalized setup? If so, it would be an interesting conundrum. A lot of the inconsistencies would go away if the MC automatically declined side-girl offers (or even other LIs) once he starts down a main LI path. I feel like it should be possible to explain the MC's decisions without too much extra development time, but it's possible I'm underestimating the work involved, or the degree to which these 'minor' discrepancies will interact in the future.

If that is the case, would the game be better if the MC had to pick a main path early and only got to interact with a subset of side-girls based on that path? Or if each episode took another 1-2 months of development to handle all the combinations explicitly? Probably not, much as I don't like admitting it.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Honestly can't wait to see this lady again:love: View attachment 1047396
Not only you. ;)

I mostly wait for Jill too. And how will the situation with that stupid stalker, Tybalt, work out.

What would I give that this creep Tybalt would leave Jill in peace.. It really pisses me off when he stalk Jill.
Maybe there are also funny situations with him. But over time it starts to annoy me. Very much.
On the rooster, he stalk her, asks about everything. When we are in public with Jill, he must also show up..

What do we have to do so that creep Tybalt finally accepts that Jill is not interested in him? .. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
Not only you. ;)

I mostly wait for Jill too. And how will the situation with that stupid stalker, Tybalt, work out.

What would I give that this creep Tybalt would leave Jill in peace.. It really pisses me off when he stalk Jill.
Maybe there are also funny situations with him. But over time it starts to annoy me. Very much.
On the rooster, he stalk her, asks about everything. When we are in public with Jill, he must also show up..

What do we have to do so that creep Tybalt finally accepts that Jill is not interested in him? .. :rolleyes:
Jill is definitely my number 2 fave love that girl tho sadly i don't see us getting rid of him not for a while at least:(as long as he has some kind of power/influence around the School/college he will stay and bug her

Reactions: Qmil679

tlarsen

Oct 19, 2020
I can't wait :love:

I'm hoping we have another night like this with her alone, and maybe i'm not asking too much but the first time with Bella should be a proper night and not something spontaneous
100% agree idk maybe a dinner or something you know just the Mc and her no interruptions but we also have the whole Maya money thing going on which might be the main focus of next episode

SenkuIshigami

Jun 12, 2019
I'm curious if there will be any action with Cathy in ep.7. I don't know about you guys, but somehow I became more attached to her than to Jade.
I think it’s likely. I see MC trying to convince her to come back. (Or Jill/Bella might).

And I also noticed in episode 4 we had a Jade scene, Episode 5 - Cathy scene, Episode 6 - Jade, so Episode 7 will likely have Cathy.

Reactions: Qmil679

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I think it’s likely. I see MC trying to convince her to come back. (Or Jill/Bella might).

And I also noticed in episode 4 we had a Jade scene, Episode 5 - Cathy scene, Episode 6 - Jade, so Episode 7 will likely have Cathy.
I even forgot there was a scene with Jade in ep 6. :D Mainly I play "chick", I almost always choose Josy/Maya than one scene with Jade.

I need to see this scene because I don't think I've seen it yet.

Reactions: ename144
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes