lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
guys, i unlocked all the videos and pictures with the cheats .. how do i lock them, i would like to replay it clean .. i tried to move the saves but they remain unlocked anyway .. advice?
You need to delete both sets of saves. Go to (C)\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Renpy and delete the BeingaDik folder. AppData is hidden by default; type it into the address bar.

Reactions: imcharliebrown

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
100% agree idk maybe a dinner or something you know just the Mc and her no interruptions but we also have the whole Maya money thing going on which might be the main focus of next episode
if they find Maya's father in the room it will be a problem they will have to deal with, but I don't think they can solve him (MC's $ 5,000 is two doses of Quinn, don't take a tuition)
I wonder how the whole Maya's dad situation will branch out (if at all) for those who aren't with M&J vs those who are.
in exactly the same way, eventually without thanksgiving sex

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
What I'd like to see for ep. 7 I'm not asking for much. Just some basic story progression. Subplots from season 1 moving towards a conclusion. Sage happy and healthy again. Same with Derek. A sexy scene or two with the girl of your choice and just some general fun. That's all. Oh and another encounter with KRJ for the delight of our best-loved Italian.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Just looked around the thread and found that a lot of people think Josy is going to the HOTs.

I mean the bed that Mona had occupied in the dorm.
If you are on the Maya / Josie path you can also go to the MC.

And frankly, Josy would be heartless to go to the HOTs considering Maya's relationship with the HOTs.

I know there is a preview of where Josy is in the HOT pool. But that doesn't mean she's moving to the HOTs.
Josy might not have any other choice but to stay with the HOTs if it means keeping her from being discovered by Maya's Dad.

I've theorised that Maya's Dad won't find out about Josy because a CPD (Convenient Plot Device) will stop her from going in the room and allow her to hide until he's gone. Knowing that Maya's Dad can come back into her room at any time, it will be decided among the 3 that Josy should stay with the HOTs to avoid discovery, hence the preview of her in their pool.

It won't be an ideal situation and Maya and Josy may not like it, but it would be necessary for the time being.

I don't think it is her last year of school. She is already working on her thesis - which she was doing in the library. That means she plans to do a masters, no? So she is year 4 planning for year 5 or years 5&6 as I understand it.
Dissertation, not thesis. There is a difference between the two, although it can sometimes be quite muddled, but generally a speaking a dissertation is done at the end of a bachelor's/undergraduate degree and a thesis is done as part of a Master's degree which comes after the bachelor's/undergraduate degree.

Also, getting your bachelor's/undergraduate degree doesn't mean you have to do a Master's degree or even have to do it at the same college/university, particularly if they don't offer such a course. From how Sage speaks in Ep 4, it would seem that she's not going to do a Master's degree as she talks about how she'll be done after this current academic year.

I could see a jump in between season 2 and 3 to move the story along. If it is 16-20 episodes then we will need to have new conflicts and characters. The easiest way to accomplish this would be to have a jump in the timeline with some details added in through introductions and flashbacks.
I doubt we're going to see any particularly long time jumps in this game, at least not long enough to move the story by months or years at a time. We might skip a few days or maybe a week, but that's probably about it.

Also, we don't necessarily need new characters and conflicts just because of the potential episode length. Most TV shows tend to have the same conflicts and main story threads continue throughout their whole 20+ episode season, they just move them along gradually throughout the season whilst throwing in several side stories to pad it out.

Whereas it's long been my belief that the story will only cover the MC's first semester and end around Christmas. I base on the number of planned episodes and the amount of time which has past in the previous episodes.
Will this be the winter of our discontent? :unsure: :eek:

I could imagine the DPC adding a few time jumps at the end. But only when all the problems and the drama are resolved would it tear the story apart.
For an epilogue like in AL, we're likely to get some big time jumps. It could just be that it will jump to the graudation at the end of the 4 years or it will jump to 5, 10, or 20 years after college is finished, or maybe it could be both; graduation, then a jump to 10 years in the future.

Both Maya and Josy earned their spot in the HOTs, though by cheating, if Maya decides to leave because she was stupid enough to believe that she'll get 10s of thousands of dollars given to her upon entry, why should Josy punish herself?
Quinn rigged the rules of the game against Maya, so her and Josy "cheating" was fair game, as was them using the Arieth loophole to get around Quinn.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Since the MC is a keen martial artist I would think he jump at the chance to paint a fence, point or otherwise.
Oh, please. He doesn't care about the fence, but he's after all kinds of Up/Down and side-to-side.
guys, i unlocked all the videos and pictures with the cheats .. how do i lock them, i would like to replay it clean .. i tried to move the saves but they remain unlocked anyway .. advice?
If you're on a Windows machine, open up file explorer. Manually change the directory to %appdata%\RenPy. In there you'll find the backup folders for all your RenPy games. Nuke the BeingaDIK folder.

• Haha
Reactions: lemonfreak

grandal wow

Aug 24, 2020
Josy might not have any other choice but to stay with the HOTs if it means keeping her from being discovered by Maya's Dad.

I've theorised that Maya's Dad won't find out about Josy because a CPD (Convenient Plot Device) will stop her from going in the room and allow her to hide until he's gone. Knowing that Maya's Dad can come back into her room at any time, it will be decided among the 3 that Josy should stay with the HOTs to avoid discovery, hence the preview of her in their pool.

It won't be an ideal situation and Maya and Josy may not like it, but it would be necessary for the time being.

Dissertation, not thesis. There is a difference between the two, although it can sometimes be quite muddled, but generally a speaking a dissertation is done at the end of a bachelor's/undergraduate degree and a thesis is done as part of a Master's degree which comes after the bachelor's/undergraduate degree.

Also, getting your bachelor's/undergraduate degree doesn't mean you have to do a Master's degree or even have to do it at the same college/university, particularly if they don't offer such a course. From how Sage speaks in Ep 4, it would seem that she's not going to do a Master's degree as she talks about how she'll be done after this current academic year.

I doubt we're going to see any particularly long time jumps in this game, at least not long enough to move the story by months or years at a time. We might skip a few days or maybe a week, but that's probably about it.

Also, we don't necessarily need new characters and conflicts just because of the potential episode length. Most TV shows tend to have the same conflicts and main story threads continue throughout their whole 20+ episode season, they just move them along gradually throughout the season whilst throwing in several side stories to pad it out.

Will this be the winter of our discontent? :unsure: :eek:

For an epilogue like in AL, we're likely to get some big time jumps. It could just be that it will jump to the graudation at the end of the 4 years or it will jump to 5, 10, or 20 years after college is finished, or maybe it could be both; graduation, then a jump to 10 years in the future.

Quinn rigged the rules of the game against Maya, so her and Josy "cheating" was fair game, as was them using the Arieth loophole to get around Quinn.
I need to know how the controls are used when fighting I'm playing on my cell phone

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I wonder how the whole Maya's dad situation will branch out (if at all) for those who aren't with M&J vs those who are.
I think MC will have to deal with the situation even if he's not involved with them, which means it will be another forced M&J scene. Although a thing worse than that would be if MC just gave away his money to Maya without having the option to choose (I know it will not help her get through college, but maybe it will be a solution for the time being) or even worse - Quinn.

Reactions: akdomino

moxyy

Nov 21, 2019
I think MC will have to deal with the situation even if he's not involved with them, which means it will be another forced M&J scene. Although a thing worse than that would be if MC just gave away his money to Maya without having the option to choose (I know it will not help her get through college, but maybe it will be a solution for the time being) or even worse - Quinn.
I honestly wouldn't mind if MC gave his money to Maya if that would be of some help to her, i just want to see her settled and move on with her life and yes this might not solve her every problem but at least it will help her

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
3 time now I read the "Forced" word, You know me too well, to know I can't let this just go :ROFLMAO:
When you develop a game like Being a DIK and need many branches, the most important part is to have a backbone story. No matter what choices the player makes, which girl the player goes for, the main story is always there to carry the game forward. That way, branching becomes manageable, and you can plan whatever structure you want for the branches. It’s not necessarily just an arc going from A to B; you can have multiple outcomes for it, as long as you plan to take care of the outcomes when you’re done with the branch.

One good way to end branching is to store its outcome as a variable and use it later to affect the story. It’s an easy way to introduce a system where choice matters, and it allows you to kill branches without making the player feel they did something for nothing, as the choice is respected later on in the game.

The balance of it comes naturally to me; I try to include characters in the story, even if the player has no romantic interest in them.

Reactions: Real Kreten

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
With how forced their drama is I figured as much.
at best there will be a choice that if we are in the trouple will be mandatory, otherwise optional (such as deciding whether or not to accompany Josy to the visit of her father)

3 time now I read the "Forced" word, You know me too well, to know I can't let this just go :ROFLMAO:
that Mc is involved is perfectly legitimate, in the end the game leaves us no choice but to be in the trouple or in any case be their friend (possibly having feelings for one of the two).

however, it is necessary to see what this involvement will lead to. in that case it could be a very forced choice (fake boyfriend?), which then is part of the DPC plot changes very little

for now that choices matter remains fundamentally a mirage, a wish

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
at best there will be a choice that if we are in the trouple will be mandatory, otherwise optional (such as deciding whether or not to accompany Josy to the visit of her father)

that Mc is involved is perfectly legitimate, in the end the game leaves us no choice but to be in the trouple or in any case be their friend (possibly having feelings for one of the two).

however, it is necessary to see what this involvement will lead to. in that case it could be a very forced choice (fake boyfriend?), which then is part of the DPC plot changes very little

for now that choices matter remains fundamentally a mirage, a wish
I don't really believe the pose as the "fake boyfriend" theory, although it could give a possibility to those who said, that they are still having feelings toward one of the girl, we have to consider the peoples who said, they don't have any feeling toward them, and they moved on.

I honestly don't think there will be any confrontation with the Father yet. As they walk toward the house or the room they spot him from distance, They hide from him, and Maya gets the confirmation that his dad spying on her. Not knowing when He will show up next, the best solution, if Josy move out, therefore Josy goes to Hots. and Maybe Mona moving in with Maya, the 2 who are probably not gonna be part of the Hots.
This also bring us the possibility of Josy and Maya distancing from each other, do to the fact that Josy is part of the Hots, and who know what else. She seems to be making friends easily, and there is still her relationship with Jill. which is terrifying :ROFLMAO: .
This is the only way for Josy to grow separately from Maya, and be her own person.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I don't really believe the pose as the "fake boyfriend" theory, although it could give a possibility to those who said, that they are still having feelings toward one of the girl, we have to consider the peoples who said, they don't have any feeling toward them, and they moved on.

I honestly don't think there will be any confrontation with the Father yet. As they walk toward the house or the room they spot him from distance, They hide from him, and Maya gets the confirmation that his dad spying on her. Not knowing when He will show up next, the best solution, if Josy move out, therefore Josy goes to Hots. and Maybe Mona moving in with Maya, the 2 who are probably not gonna be part of the Hots.
This also bring us the possibility of Josy and Maya distancing from each other, do to the fact that Josy is part of the Hots, and who know what else. She seems to be making friends easily, and there is still her relationship with Jill. which is terrifying :ROFLMAO: .
This is the only way for Josy to grow separately from Maya, and be her own person.
Mona was walking away from the dorms, so I think she's gone (sad :cry:), but I'd like to think there will be some confrontation with the Dad. I like the idea of something holding up Josy, maybe Josy and the MC, and Maya goes in the room and calls out "Dad!" alerting them that he's there so that Josy can go hide in the bathroom and the MC goes in to the room and intrduces himself as her friend and either current or ex-roommate.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

if Mc is not in the trouple, the fake boyfriend works only if he is interested in the girl he has to pretend to be her boyfriend, otherwise this would be over-forced, pretending to be the boyfriend of the girl who is preventing you from being with the person you "love". .. better the NTR at that point

I also thought of a scenario like the one you described, it has the flaw that would eventually destroy the cliffhanger of the last chapter, I don't think it happens

however it is likely that a situation will arise in which the two girls have to separate, but this would create difficulties in the management of the story. Should MC take advantage of it at that point? put pressure on the girl he cares about? we'll see

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
I honestly wouldn't mind if MC gave his money to Maya if that would be of some help to her, i just want to see her settled and move on with her life and yes this might not solve her every problem but at least it will help her
Fair enough if you want to choose that option but if it's a forced choice then that solidifies the MC as a straight up dumb ass. Maybe it would be different if you're rich but no student would give a friend they met two weeks ago $5000 lmao.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
if Mc is not in the trouple, the fake boyfriend works only if he is interested in the girl he has to pretend to be her boyfriend, otherwise this would be over-forced, pretending to be the boyfriend of the girl who is preventing you from being with the person you "love". .. better the NTR at that point

I also thought of a scenario like the one you described, it has the flaw that would eventually destroy the cliffhanger of the last chapter, I don't think it happens

however it is likely that a situation will arise in which the two girls have to separate, but this would create difficulties in the management of the story. Should MC take advantage of it at that point? put pressure on the girl he cares about? we'll see
I don't agree on this one. first of all I don't think it was such a big cliffhanger. and the same could be said about ep 4 ending, "OMG what if we rejected and won't become DIK " - Yeah Sure :ROFLMAO:. it's just him being there, we already saw him being there before, I think logical, what I said has the most sense. and sometimes the simple solutions are the best. but that's just my opinion. this is the solution where nothing will be forced, and may be open the solo paths for the girls , regardless if you are just friend with them, or more. and if you are not interested at all in them its just a background story for the future. Jill & Josy, I'm more and more afraid :ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't agree on this one. first of all I don't think it was such a big cliffhanger. and the same could be said about ep 4 ending, "OMG what if we rejected and won't become DIK " - Yeah Sure :ROFLMAO:. it's just him being there, we already saw him being there before, I think logical, what I said has the most sense. and sometimes the simple solutions are the best. but that's just my opinion. this is the solution where nothing will be forced, and may be open the solo paths for the girls , regardless if you are just friend with them, or more. and if you are not interested at all in them its jsut a background story for the future. Jill & Josy, I'm more and more afraid :ROFLMAO:
that was clearly not a cliffhanger:LOL::LOL:

among other things, what did we care if we hadn't joined the DIks?

at the same time we would go to sleep again or to Maya and Josy, or to Sage or to Bella:love::love:

I don't see a big deal:unsure::unsure::unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes