Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Quinn cares about getting new girls for the restaurant, not new sister HOTs, Quinn's expansion can't be tied to bringing in Ashley, Maya, Josy and Lily, who represent (at least for now) no assets to her.
You're forgetting that her girls are all HOT girls. New girls for the restaurant means new HOTs. Thats the whole point of luring them in via the free tuition rumour. Keeping it in-house to the HOTs and all under her supervision.

so in the end she wanted to bring in two new girls for the restaurant, in the end she only brings in one, but it should still be a gain. Riona may not know this, but we know that the free tuition is in Burke's hands, so it is not a cost to Quinn, except in being subordinate to Burke.
This is wholly irrelevant, as we're talking about what caused her problems to start. Quinn is already knee deep in shit by the end of episode 6.

otherwise it seems that Quinn's financial woes are tied not to her expansion but to that of HOTs. and that doesn't make sense, at which point Quinn would be a benefactor of HOTs risking jail and a beating to expand her sorority.
I'm going to just repost what I said before.

"I don't know what to tell you here. More HOTs requiring more money for maintenance has been an explicit problem throughout the game. Riona keeps on bringing it up, and Quinn acknowledges it but keeps on making excuses for why it'll work out. I really don't know why you seem to be brushing that aside. It is what it is."

DPC has made this the instigating problem as a result of Quinn bringing in more girls. You're just going to have to deal with it. This is not opinion. This is not interpretation. Its a fact. Its explicitly in the game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Ah I think I see the source of the confusion. Free tuition is most definitely a cost to Quinn. There is of course no such thing as a free tuition. The money still needs to be paid, and a scholarship is just someone else standing in to pay for you. Burke is definitely not paying for them to go to B&R, but in exchange for services rendered, is willing to create a "scholarship" for Quinn and co. This is why declining to sleep with Burke is such a problem.

So the scholarship money is both the restaurant and drug money. It was from Quinn's standpoint the only way to afford and go to college.
Burke can't risk reputation, job and freedom for a few fucks with female students he could probably get the same as a professor....
it's more believable that he arbitrarily awards existing scholarships to the girls involved in the restaurant and has a position of control over at least the restaurant (maybe the drugs are still 100% in Quinn's hands)

otherwise he would be the weak side compared to Quinn, the one who objectively risks more

I'm going to just repost what I said before.

"I don't know what to tell you here. More HOTs requiring more money for maintenance has been an explicit problem throughout the game. Riona keeps on bringing it up, and Quinn acknowledges it but keeps on making excuses for why it'll work out. I really don't know why you seem to be brushing that aside. It is what it is."

DPC has made this the instigating problem as a result of Quinn bringing in more girls. You're just going to have to deal with it. This is not opinion. This is not interpretation. Its a fact. Its explicitly in the game.
I believe that's the version for Riona, who I doubt knows all the backstory, including Burke's role.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Burke can't risk reputation, job and freedom for a few fucks with female students he could probably get the same as a professor....
it's more believable that he arbitrarily awards existing scholarships to the girls involved in the restaurant and has a position of control over at least the restaurant (maybe the drugs are still 100% in Quinn's hands)

otherwise he would be the weak side compared to Quinn, the one who objectively risks more

I believe that's the version for Riona, who I doubt knows all the backstory, including Burke's role.
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Ah I think I see the source of the confusion. Free tuition is most definitely a cost to Quinn. There is of course no such thing as a free tuition. The money still needs to be paid, and a scholarship is just someone else standing in to pay for you. Burke is definitely not paying for them to go to B&R, but in exchange for services rendered, is willing to create a "scholarship" for Quinn and co. This is why declining to sleep with Burke is such a problem.

So the scholarship money is both the restaurant and drug money. It was from Quinn's standpoint the only way to afford and go to college.
your explanation makes sense! i had always assumed he payed in gold for silver whores a kind of "taken" or "depraved awakenings" mix but you made me reconsider my assumptions! not many can say that!

but perhaps she as indeed made a mistake! my theory is her father needing protection money in jail! my other theory being that she misjudged the summer time and she failed to create enough reserves for her downtime!

but your explanation also makes plenty of sense in terms of you pay up initially but in the long run it pays off double or triple what you invest, but you needing administrative protection need Burke entangled and pressurable!

as for the all DIK problem i believe everyone misunderstood ... had the MC not screwed Quinn in the rooftop and hurt Tommy pride greatly he would forgive Quinn! Tommy being hurt is just in an emotionally and immature kind of way to just reminding Quinn that he will not be stepped on! I believe Tommy tried his shoot and i mean a real emotional "leap of faith" with Quinn and was rebuffed and put on the friendzone! that is not problem until someone that Tommy does not see as an equal makes his attempt and succeeds where he has failed!

Quinn can not know that her fling in the rooftop was known to all the DIK`s since the MC is a decent dude and would not tell!

Quinn also miss judged either Tommy approach on her or did not even noticed it! does not mean that because she misjudged or failed to notice that its less hurtful to Tommy pride! Also she upped the ante with Josy and as i stated, that is a stupid move you can piss off Tommy in many ways but you do not touch Josy!

Quinn choose to hear Tommy instead of listening to Tommy! if you can riddle me this sentence and you have your answer on why how it was handled would always blowup in her face and how she was unable to predict that!

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
all good american christian girls train that from an early age because her hymen can not be touched until marriage! ofc that by her 18th year she as lost that race but the training its still there!
I'm out of reactions. But how are you so based? (Based = Good)

Also I just remembered we still have anal with Sage to look forward too

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Imagine how massive this is going to be if DPC actually goes 20eps or so like he wants to. Its going to be the size of an regular video game. :LUL:
A Triple A adult Visual Novel in terms of scope.

Methinks by the time this ends, we'll be ready to move on to the VR storytelling medium in general.

I am expecting great things from DPC in about 20 years.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Now that is quite interesting. I always assumed this game was and is a prequel to acting lessons.
I recall DPC saying that was the intent originally but he decided to abandon the idea because of the timeline issues. For BaDIK to be set in the same timeline, it would be weird with cellphones everywhere and so forth. The 'alternate timeline' option here works well enough, but I still hope we get a game finish that shows future-students like Liam at orientation.

Reactions: Heycock

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
All 3 have essentially suffered some type of loss; Jill lost her sister, Maya has lost her father's love, the MC lost his Mom.

All 3 have, in some way or another, suffered some form of bullying; Jill from some as-yet unknown person(s), Maya from her father's strict religious upbringing, the MC from bullies at school.

So all 3 have some shared experiences, and I'd even say that both Maya and Jill need to do some growing; Jill has a silver-spoon mentality and is too easily trusting, Maya needs to stand up to her Dad and stand on her own 2 feet.

I think both are good matches for the MC, but Jill and the MC is too similar to the MC's Dad and Lynette. Sure, that might seem quite poetic if he too got together with a rich heiress who went against her family's wishes to run away with some poor schlub, but that similarity makes it kinda bland.

Also:

So the MC would be gay? :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Number 1... I'd play the shit out of a gay MC who grew up under a religious nutjob father story. Sounds interesting and drama filled.

And two: I am one of those people here that kinda dig the "poetic echo" theme of Jill & MC route in regards to Neil and Lynette. It does hold its own storytelling appeal, this idea of history rhyming on the same beat with different verses. It's the basic idea that gave Star Wars its own identity, for example.

Other paths have their own themes as well. What I surmise ( or you could say, as an opinion, think what they are) about them:

Josy& MC : Wrong time, wrong place, right person, a bit cliche but effective romantic comedy / drama trope.
Maya route: Examination into gender / sex separation, and a story of emotional abuse vs emotional support. ( I think Maya's story / solo route if DPC makes it is the most impactful theme in this game)
Sage story / route: Regardless if Sage is pursued or not, her story is one of rage and repression. A lifetime of emotionally walled off family made her into what she is, and her outlets are not exactly healthy. She goes to either full lust or full rage as pressure valves. This story, if romance is pursued, is all about nudging her to find a healthier way forward. ( Funny enough, I think Sage's path might be the real "female empowerment" route in the game.)

Now. The controversial one.
Bella route: Due to the revelations still to be made in this storyline, it's hard to determine the overall theme. There is a definite Oedipal complex vibes running through it, as well as the unmistakable undercurrent of tragedy. This one has the potential to go in many different themes and routes, a schizophrenic's examination or inability to deal with massive loss or a reverse Unfaithful situation (Richard Gere, Diane Lane, 2002 movie)

People aptly point out that this game has very clear roots in American Pie, but let's be honest. That's a jumping off point at best. With the main and side plots all moving forward, this is %10 American Pie, %20 The Wire (Quinn, I'm looking at you), and various measures of different teen dramas, female-centric dramedy ( dont believe me, just look at Cathy and Jade), a pinch of CW Riverdale ( as ridicilous as it is.)

There is merit in all main LI routes, as well as different storytelling opportunities. If any one of you is choosing to hate Maya / Josy / Bella / Sage / Jill, you are obviously not doing out of artistic sensibilities, as all of them are very appealing 3D assets. You are reacting to their story themes and portrayals, and that's okay.

We all lean into different tropes.

I personally like my main playthru to be of a largely honest MC who is going all in for Jill, all the while supporting all his friends as best he can. I am a sucker for those "a man can only do what he best can" type of protagonists. Some of you love the massive DIK tropes ( after all, this is sort of a power fantasy, not unlike a superhero story), some of you have shown massive interest in Quinn and helping her find redemption. (A clear preference for those 'love heals you' trope)

It's all valid. So far, DPC didnt drop the ball and created a discordant theme ( though Bella path is very tricky if he does it wrong, we'll see)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I kind of wonder if Quinn is trying to balance her rational side with her ambition, and her ambition is winning out right now which is causing the problems.

Because there was a line with Buddy where he says something like how she could easily be making more than Vinny if she changed up her operation or something. That exchange had me thinking she's intentionally kept her restaraunt small and under the radar. But now some part of her is pushing her to make more than she needs to, and her carefully constructed house of cards is starting to tumble as a result.
If Quinn doesn't hit that bullseye, the rest of her dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

EDIT: Its entirely possible there was some event before the game starts that caused Quinn to lose a bunch of money and thats why she's been expanding the operation. But as it currently stands. Quinn's money problems are because of her expansion, not the other way around.
My theory is that her need for money has something to do with her Dad, that perhaps he had some debt with a drug cartel or other criminal types, and either he was killed or killed himself and now Quinn has to pay off the debt or these guys will harm/kill someone else close to her, or he's in jail and Quinn is being pressured to pay her Dad's debt or else they'll kill him.

Plus MC causing her to lose the jocks' business.
Chad did that by attacking the MC. The MC didn't really have any involvement other than just being an easy target for Chad's assumption that he was the one who sent the pictures.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
My theory is that her need for money has something to do with her Dad, that perhaps he had some debt with a drug cartel or other criminal types, and either he was killed or killed himself and now Quinn has to pay off the debt or these guys will harm/kill someone else close to her, or he's in jail and Quinn is being pressured to pay her Dad's debt or else they'll kill him.
I dunno, I feel thats unlikely because then we're entering crime drama territory and I doubt DPC wants to go that route for this sort of game. That sort of background for Quinn very quickly leads to MC having to help in some way. Its basically becomes Maya 2.0 but with drugs and guns.

Chad did that by attacking the MC. The MC didn't really have any involvement other than just being an easy target for Chad's assumption that he was the one who sent the pictures.
True, true. My point was just that it was outside and unforseen circumstances that lost the jocks business, not Quinn's actions.

Reactions: shinkei

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
I personally like my main playthru to be of a largely honest MC who is going all in for Jill, all the while supporting all his friends as best he can. I am a sucker for those "a man can only do what he best can" type of protagonists. Some of you love the massive DIK tropes ( after all, this is sort of a power fantasy, not unlike a superhero story), some of you have shown massive interest in Quinn and helping her find redemption. (A clear preference for those 'love heals you' trope)
As a person doing a 100% pure Jill route, I'm still helping out whoever I can. I know at the end of Ep.6 J&M needed the MC's help with something (one of their father's if I remember correctly)

Being a Permanent FULL CHICK status I'm not worried about what could be the fallout of those things. I really haven't seen much of anyone during episodes 5 & 6 since I've spent most of the time at Bella's house, the DIK frat, the prep house with Dere or the time at the library. Really haven't had much interactions with the other girls in the game. I can certainly see, if I didn't already have a LI in my MC's focus, that the choices are beginning to dwindle.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes