Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Its probably because Josy doesn't come with much drama. We always knew she had a significant other, the only surprise is that it was Maya. And thats it. Yes, she's part of Maya's drama, but that drama is entirely generated by Maya and her father. Plus Josy is upbeat and fun, personality wise. And it helps that she is cute as fuck.

Split Josy and Maya apart, and Josy doesn't have much going on except wanting to be with MC and Maya while Maya is weighed down by a ton of baggage.
Wow. Okay simpbeard.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
I can only think of the scene where they watch that movie together and she admits to not having a bf.
Am I missing something? It's been 2 months now since I've launched badik
Second exchange was in class where she let's mc believe she had a bf, there were a couple moments where there were little things in between that and the quinn stunt. Watching the movie she basically tells him not to catch feelings. But all that leads to her almost slipping up about josy when she's mad at her dad. Which again should of told mc if he had listened (it was pretty obvious). But all in all its not that she's completely innocent, just "honest" sooner as far as actions than josy.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Second exchange was in class where she let's mc believe she had a bf, there were a couple moments where there were little things in between that and the quinn stunt. Watching the movie she basically tells him not to catch feelings. But all that leads to her almost slipping up about josy when she's mad at her dad. Which again should of told mc if he had listened (it was pretty obvious). But all in all its not that she's completely innocent, just "honest" sooner as far as actions than josy.
Ok. The problem is that we live in a world in wich all the people lie in a regular basis. I cant have a 5 mins conversation withouth lie and be lied usually more than once. The same thing happen in this game. Everyone lies all the time. The problems came when lies are unjustibible, when there is not a good reason to lie. And Maya has always a good reason, so, yeah she is innocent.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Its probably because Josy doesn't come with much drama. We always knew she had a significant other, the only surprise is that it was Maya. And thats it. Yes, she's part of Maya's drama, but that drama is entirely generated by Maya and her father. Plus Josy is upbeat and fun, personality wise. And it helps that she is cute as fuck.

Split Josy and Maya apart, and Josy doesn't have much going on except wanting to be with MC and Maya while Maya is weighed down by a ton of baggage.
Josy didn't tell mc till after making out with him, where as Maya essentually told him the second time they talked. U have an valid argument with baggage, but could argue because Maya likes mc there wouldn't be the problem there if they split. But mc is pigeonholed dealing with both, where there's better elsewhere.

Edit: granted every li has baggage.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Maya also cheated in her action. Namely Josy. Both of them cheated on this point. You could see that at the end of EP4 when MC revealed everything.

What is important in all these entanglements is the reason why they did it. And I think that was made quite clear.

They both felt alone and thought that their relationship was actually over. And suddenly the MC appears and gives them what they are missing. The feeling of being wanted, of no longer being alone with all their worries, someone who shows understanding.
And there are two kinds of people, in terms of trust. The type of person (Josy) who gives everyone an advance trust and the type of person (Maya) where trust has to grow.

And one thing must not be forgotten, they are still teenagers. Think back to your teenage years and the mistakes each of us made at that stage of our lives. (At 18/19 you are still a teenager).

I suppose that's what DPC wants to portray.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Josy didn't tell mc till after making out with him, where as Maya essentually told him the second time they talked. U have an valid argument with baggage, but could argue because Maya likes mc there wouldn't be the problem there if they split. But mc is pigeonholed dealing with both, where there's better elsewhere.

Edit: granted every li has baggage.
Right, but what I was responding to was your comment about why Josy gets less hate than Maya, not the validity of their actions in the game or how they will deal with it as characters. I'm speaking from the player's PoV on why they would like Josy over Maya.

Reactions: Casmyr

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Ok. The problem is that we live in a world in wich all the people lie in a regular basis. I cant have a 5 mins conversation withouth lie and be lied usually more than once. The same thing happen in this game. Everyone lies all the time. The problems came when lies are unjustibible, when there is not a good reason to lie. And Maya has always a good reason, so, yeah she is innocent.
Impossible to forget this quote in Life is Strange
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I once heard that the first people to lie to us are our parents

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Right, but what I was responding to was your comment about why Josy gets less hate than Maya, not the validity of their actions in the game or how they will deal with it as characters. I'm speaking from the player's PoV on why they would like Josy over Maya.
u sure its not just cuz josy was the first to put out?:LOL:

edit: i get what ur saying, tho. to each their own i guess.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017

In relation to that, I think Josy will also drop another bombshell.

We have already seen many flashbacks, even from Maya.

But as far as Josy is concerned, we don't know very much about her past, except that Mum and Dad split up. She doesn't like Mum's new boyfriend and that she hates Tommy and Monica.

There are many theories and speculations about this, but the real reason is still in the dark.:unsure:

DPC has not yet revealed everything.:rolleyes:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: drakken

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Josy is more independent, more capable of taking care of her own business. She's also more attractive.

Also for those outside the relationship, she seems to be more willing to start one with MC, even if it means breaking off with Maya.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
that she hates Tommy and Monica.
I don't think she hates Tommy or Monica. She doesn't like Monica, because Monica stole her dad from her mom and broke up their marriage. Thats an entirely reasonable reason, even though her dad is more happy with Monica.

And her thing with Tommy is just sibling fighting. Pretty normal. I doubt there's anything seriously going on there.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
Impossible to forget this quote in Life is Strange
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I once heard that the first people to lie to us are our parents
Didn´t knew the game, i am stuck at old classics. But yeah, totally, and if you are like Maya, a lesbian who is used tobe judge for being that, it is perfectly reasonable to lie to a guy you just met.

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes