drakken

Nov 13, 2017
I don't think she hates Tommy or Monica. She doesn't like Monica, because Monica stole her dad from her mom and broke up their marriage. Thats an entirely reasonable reason, even though her dad is more happy with Monica.

And her thing with Tommy is just sibling fighting. Pretty normal. I doubt there's anything seriously going on there.
she also doesnt like monica because "she acts like tommy walks on water" or something to that effect. (cant remember her exact wording but it was something like that)

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Okay, with Monica, hass is perhaps a little too drastic.

But that's where the problem lies. They are assumptions. We do not know.
Yeah, but we can make reasonable assumptions based on the info we have and how characters interact with each other. And while Tommy is raging over Josy being around, Josy is pretty calm and nonchalant about him. If there was real beef between them, Josy would behave differently to his presence. As far as I know, the only real anger she displays to Tommy is when she nuts him over punching MC. Everything else just seems to be standard sibling stuff on her end.

Far as I can tell, Josy and Tommy's issues are entirely one-sided from Tommy. And Tommy is a stubborn prick on the best of days.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
During dildo play, Josy gave Tommy Verbal a sharp answer.:unsure:

But I'll let myself be surprised by what's to come.;)
The kissing game, right? Iirc, all she says is that she can handle herself, and pretty calmly. Unless her answer changes depending on DIK/CHICK. Again, its completely one sided Tommy raging.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Her father isn't withdrawing his co-signing. He's in full control of the money. That's not how any loans, in any part of the world works.

Especially not student loans in which the money goes to the schoolnd anything left over will go to the student for living expenses.

It's just unnecessary Pinkcakes drama. Gotta fulfill that savior fantasy.
Except, you're absolutely wrong about that. While her current semester is paid for, any future semester is dependent on his support. If he withdraws then the loan goes away. And she's fucked. The problem is that you don't understand co-signing, not that I don't.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
How can someones OPINION be "bullshit i spewed"

A & B, as i said in my previous post, ive not seen. Theres nothing anywhere that even suggests Josys bi in my playthrough.
C, well thats your opinion on it but i dont buy the "they havent spoken in months" If your parents told you in school that you werent allowed to talk or see your boy/girlfriend, would that stop you?
D, Unless this is something else thats happened in that route i havent seen. All ive seen of it is that Josy was just wanting to convince herself one way or the other what she wants. Maybe its the adult mindset i have now rather than the horny teenager thinking but i didnt give her the time of day to explain because i wouldnt have accepted anything she said.

“I’m sure you’ve heard the expression ‘everyone is entitled to their opinion.’ Perhaps you’ve even said it yourself, maybe to head off an argument or bring one to a close. Well, as soon as you walk into this room, it’s no longer true. You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”

A bit harsh? Perhaps, but philosophy teachers owe it to our students to teach them how to construct and defend an argument – and to recognize when a belief has become indefensible.

The problem with “I’m entitled to my opinion” is that, all too often, it’s used to shelter beliefs that should have been abandoned. It becomes shorthand for “I can say or think whatever I like” – and by extension, continuing to argue is somehow disrespectful. And this attitude feeds, I suggest, into the false equivalence between experts and non-experts that is an increasingly pernicious feature of our public discourse.

Your opinion is based on bullsht premises and is therefore bullshit. It's my opinion is not a shield from criticism. If you base your opinion on bullshit premises then your opinion is bullshit.

Reactions: Ilhares

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
No, that makes total sense. If you think otherwise then you don't understand co-signed loans. The co-signer has to support the loan. The minute they withdraw their support, the loan goes away. That's how co-signing works. The co-signer is liable for the loan, the minute they don't want to be liable anymore, the loan is withdrawn and the other party suddenly has to pay off the current balance.
The co-signer just can't 'withdraw' his support. What prevents a cosigner from withdrawing support, say, one month before the student graduates? And now if the student can't find a job, and defaults on their payment, then there's no guarantor anymore.

The only time you can withdraw from a loan is before it's taken or if the primary has a regular source of income and have already made a few timely payments.

Student loans are the easiest loans to get almost everywhere in the world. It's really not that complex.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Is it even that easy to just withdraw from a cosigned loan? That defeats the purpose of cosigning in the first place.

Granted, my knowledge over US school loans is over a decade old, but I was under the impression that a cosigner could only withdraw from a cosigned loan if 1)pay off the entire loan, 2)the bank happens to be one that lets you withdraw after a year of payments (not guaranteed), and 3)have the other signee consolidate the loan in their name entirely.

EDIT: Welp, Lucifer ninja'd me. :sneaky:

EDIT 2: How did we even get on this stupid "withdraw from the loan" topic to begin with? Thats not even whats happening in the story.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
The co-signer just can't 'withdraw' his support. What prevents a cosigner from withdrawing support, say, one month before the student graduates? And now if the student can't find a job, and defaults on their payment, then there's no guarantor anymore.

The only time you can withdraw from a loan is before it's taken or if the primary has a regular source of income and have already made a few timely payments.

Student loans are the easiest loans to get almost everywhere in the world. It's really not that complex.
Allow me to repeat myself but it's semester by semester, not all at once. If he withdraws his support, then future semesters disappear. And fuck off with this idea that anyone can get them. That ain't fucking true. I wasn't eligible even though I grew up under the poverty line. We were poor as fuck but my parents "made too much money" so I didn't qualify. They aren't as easy as to get as people like you pretend they are.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Maya also cheated in her action. Namely Josy. Both of them cheated on this point. You could see that at the end of EP4 when MC revealed everything.

What is important in all these entanglements is the reason why they did it. And I think that was made quite clear.

They both felt alone and thought that their relationship was actually over. And suddenly the MC appears and gives them what they are missing. The feeling of being wanted, of no longer being alone with all their worries, someone who shows understanding.
And there are two kinds of people, in terms of trust. The type of person (Josy) who gives everyone an advance trust and the type of person (Maya) where trust has to grow.

And one thing must not be forgotten, they are still teenagers. Think back to your teenage years and the mistakes each of us made at that stage of our lives. (At 18/19 you are still a teenager).

I suppose that's what DPC wants to portray.
Right. The only people who have any right to be angry are Maya and Josy. It wasn't even the MC's offence to take. He wasn't in a relationship with either of them. He had gone on like two dates with Josy and Maya he knew for like a week. No reason either of them should just open up and tell the MC everything about themselves.

And the MC has been banging every chick and their moms on the campus. He has no right to be angry with someone for having slept with someone else even before they knew him.

When MC storms out of the room and is a little bitch the next few days, it was just cringy.

Reactions: shazba

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Of course, the game is nowhere near being realistic, but I want the characters and their problems to feel like someone or something you can relate to."
Which is why I don't really harp on how stupid it is that Daddy can just keep the money from the student loan. Its what DPC is doing, so you shrug and accept it.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Right. The only people who have any right to be angry are Maya and Josy. It wasn't even the MC's offence to take. He wasn't in a relationship with either of them. He had gone on like two dates with Josy and Maya he knew for like a week. No reason either of them should just open up and tell the MC everything about themselves.

And the MC has been banging every chick and their moms on the campus. He has no right to be angry with someone for having slept with someone else even before they knew him.

When MC storms out of the room and is a little bitch the next few days, it was just cringy.
I don't think MC just ran out because of the revelation.
Josy said something in the toilet that made the MC overreact.

Something like this:
Josy: I make mistakes too and that was one of them. (She probably even meant that not telling the MC was the mistake).
MC: So I have been a mistake. (Misunderstood, about reaction)

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Allow me to repeat myself but it's semester by semester, not all at once. If he withdraws his support, then future semesters disappear. And fuck off with this idea that anyone can get them. That ain't fucking true. I wasn't eligible even though I grew up under the poverty line. We were poor as fuck but my parents "made too much money" so I didn't qualify. They aren't as easy as to get as people like you pretend they are.
My point still stands. The one month was just an example. Make it one semester and see if anything changes. A student who flunks out in the middle of their education doesn't serve any purpose to the bank. Now they can't get a high paying job and can't make the payments. That's exactly where the guarantor comes in. And that's why guarantying is such a big risk.

I come from a 3rd world country as well. Obviously if you come from a poor country then you've to jump more hoops to get a loan. But afaik the procedure is same almost everywhere. Maybe the screening process is tighter in some countries. If the amount you take is under a certain specified value, you don't need guarantee. If it's above that value, you do. Also, the banks don't give loans to you if you're below poverty line. Infact that's one reason that they'll try to not give you a loan. It's a loan not a scholarship. They are not doing you a favour.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Cas... did... did you just say you wished the MC was a rapist?
No you troglodyte I meant dialogue wise like when she told MC he wasn't perfect because he fucked her knowing she was in a relationship, there should have been an option to say something like "we didn't get to finish what we started" and then she like slaps him for suggesting they have sex in a bathroom stall.
So basically raping her? No thanks.
Fappy is this one of your friends?
You naughty, naughty boy. :ROFLMAO:

I think DPC did a great job with the dialogue in the scene. (y)
He did a great job with the dialogue in that scene, it's why we and by we I mean me pay him every month

Reactions: Ilhares and dalli_x

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
My point still stands. The one month was just an example. Make it one semester and see if anything changes. A student who flunks out in the middle of their education doesn't serve any purpose to the bank. Now they can't get a high paying job and can't make the payments. That's exactly where the guarantor comes in. And that's why guarantying is such a big risk.
Fucking exactly, that's why if the guarantor withdraws support, the loan goes away. Your assumption they'll keep paying after the guarantor withdraws is bullshit. They won't. If the guarantor is not willing to guarantee anymore then your loan disappears.

• Haha
Reactions: LuciferPrometheus

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
No you troglodyte I meant dialogue wise like when she told MC he wasn't perfect because he fucked her knowing she was in a relationship, there should have been an option to say something like "we didn't get to finish what we started" and then she like slaps him for suggesting they have sex in a bathroom stall.
Good save. (y)

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes