drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Maybe when BaDIK has found its end.
If I were to play AL now, my perception of BaDIK might be distorted even more than it already is. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
not really, it would give u an idea of dpc's writing style. altho might make u gun shy when it comes to certain situations possible of coming up in badik....:oops::LOL:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Sage Preview

Oh look at Sage, what an ass she has, look at these tits, she's the best,

20 minutes later

Maya, Maya, Maya, Maya

Preview Jill

Ohh Jill is the perfect wife, finally we will take her virginity

20 minutes after

Maya, Maya, Maya, Maya

Preview Quinn+Riona+Sage

A foursome is coming, YES!

20 minutes after

Maya, Maya, Maya, Maya

Isabella Preview

Oh look at Isabella and hers, her huge tits, her psychopathic face I still love her and her eyebrows too

20 minutes after

Maya, Maya, Maya, Maya

Maya doesn't need a preview for you to talk about her, They don't stop talking about Maya because you they don't want to, They dream of Maya, They are more obsessing than her own fans :LUL: :cool: (y)
After four chapters, are there any characters who have really surprised you and grown in a direction you hadn't really planned for at the start? Or has everything pretty much built up how you'd initially intended?

"When it comes to characters surprising me it happens constantly. Writing dialogue to Being a DIK is often a smooth experience where I basically just have a conversation with myself as the characters I'm writing for. During this conversation, the characters get their own mind and they can sometimes say the weirdest things I didn't think they would say. I rarely correct them, I let them grow from that and it's something that's both scary and enjoyable when writing dialogue.

From day one they had their personalities, likes/dislikes, motivations and story arcs. They aren't deviating from these original ideas, but the journey is different from what I had imagined. The characters that have surprised me the most to this date are Maya and Jade. They have grown in a way I didn't predict day one and I absolutely love it."

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
not really, it would give u an idea of dpc's writing style. altho might make u gun shy when it comes to certain situations possible of coming up in badik....:oops::LOL:
:)I love this type of comments, when people assume they figured out DPC just because they played one game from him before, the only game he created before Badik. because the Depraved Awakening and City of Broken Dreamers, are so similar right ?:ROFLMAO:
PhillyGames totally made a Depraved Awakening 2.0 with the Broken Dreamers:LOL:
BeingADIK 2021-03-24 05-03-58-60.png

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
:)I love this type of comments, when people assume they figured out DPC just because they played one game from him before, the only game he created before Badik. because the Depraved Awakening and City of Broken Dreamers, are so similar right ?:ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1101694
i mean, it is fair to say that if you look at the collected works of artists/creators from many fields there is usually some overlap of themes in their works. the guy you quoted didnt say he knew the inner workings of DPC's mind or that he already had the whole BaDIK story solved, just that by digesting their previous works you may gain insight into what the writer wants to say or the types of stories they to tell or problems they like to present or criticize.

AL is good to consume before this game since it shows you that DPC wont shy away from scary real life issues and that he isnt telling fairy tales. these are mature stories with some comedy and lewdness thrown in, but that disclaimer before you play this game for the first time is there for a reason.

as somebody who has written stories themselves, people put a lot more of themselves into their works than they may even realize, which is why many artists usually create things that share many similar ideas. unless the point of the work is to purposely leave your comfort zone

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
How do you guys pick your favorite, is it the girl you find the most endearing, or the one who turns you on the most, or something else? I'm really curious.
My favorite is and always will be Quinn.
I find her to be someone I would have gravitated towards in my high school/college years. A troubled soul who comes from a background with struggles. I was very similar to her when I was that age. Grew up in a "bad neighborhood" in a family where getting arrested and seeing various drugs regularly was the norm. Being older now, and having college psychology under my belt, I see most of her actions as a cry for help and me being the type of person I am, I really want to help people like her.

SuperCharger

Mar 19, 2021
I'm doing a new "Neutral" playthrough, and Jesus, I had forgotten how long and interminable the intro to Episode 4 is: first you have to sit through the camping trip flashback, then you have to talk with Sage/Bella/Derek, then you have to sit through the second flashback in Maya's dorm room and the conversation with Josy in the bathroom, then sit through the conversation between Maya and Josy, and then back to Derek/Bella/Sage.

Thank god for left clicking the "skip" button.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
When you hear that they are knocking on the door of Isabella's house and the MC goes to open it
Yes. A door knock. MC dicks down Isabella and gets up to drink water. He hears a knock. Opens the front door. No one's there. Hears a knock again. Listens closely. Hears another one. No. It's not on the front door. Or a window. The knock is on the door of the room that's always locked. And it's coming from the inside.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Yes. A door knock. MC dicks down Isabella and gets up to drink water. He hears a knock. Opens the front door. No one's there. Hears a knock again. Listens closely. Hears another one. No. It's not on the front door. Or a window. The knock is on the door of the room that's always locked. And it's coming from the inside.
MC breaks open the door and behold...a cute raccoon! ;) :ROFLMAO:
Sorry! I just couldn't resist.

• Haha
Reactions: JamieSadistic

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
That's a very good spooky movie formula but...
More doors, jorts, and D&G. That's the real :eek: for me.

• Haha
Reactions: JamieSadistic

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Maybe when BaDIK has found its end.
If I were to play AL now, my perception of BaDIK might be distorted even more than it already is. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
I'm honestly surprised you haven't played AL. Because stuff like "the two chicks always on the phone are spying on MC" is EXACTLY the sort of shit you'd expect after AL, with how innocuous the clues were for the twist.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
After four chapters, are there any characters who have really surprised you and grown in a direction you hadn't really planned for at the start? Or has everything pretty much built up how you'd initially intended?

"When it comes to characters surprising me it happens constantly. Writing dialogue to Being a DIK is often a smooth experience where I basically just have a conversation with myself as the characters I'm writing for. During this conversation, the characters get their own mind and they can sometimes say the weirdest things I didn't think they would say. I rarely correct them, I let them grow from that and it's something that's both scary and enjoyable when writing dialogue.

From day one they had their personalities, likes/dislikes, motivations and story arcs. They aren't deviating from these original ideas, but the journey is different from what I had imagined. The characters that have surprised me the most to this date are Maya and Jade. They have grown in a way I didn't predict day one and I absolutely love it."
Curious. Since... I don't really feel either of them have really grown. Well, Jade has changed in thats she's cock-hungry for that MC dick now, I guess.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
View attachment 1101694
there really is a lot of AL in BADIK, for better or for worse.

That doesn't mean the same things have to happen, especially as twists and turns.

if it wasn't DPC 90% of the theories we've read in these pages wouldn't exist.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Will there be some relation between Being a DIK and Acting Lessons or any future installments?

"No, the games aren't related more than that Being a DIK was initially meant to be a prequel to Acting Lessons. Some ideas coined in Acting Lessons made it into Being a DIK, like the fraternity name and Hell Week. You'll even see Angela and Hedwig sporting the HOT sorority clothes in a dorm not too dissimilar to Maya's dorm in Acting Lessons.

Despite some of the similarities, it's best to treat them as independent works of fiction. Their stories won't intertwine at any point."
i know they aren’t in the same universe. I’m saying there will likely be themes in this game that can also be found in AL. There may be similar character archetypes, similar problems to overcome, similar fears to face, and similar temptations/choices to be made, and similar fantasies explored.

this is already apparent in that Maya and Josy are Meghan and Melissa to some extent, Derek is Liam to some extent, etc. the fantasy of the throuple was previously explored in AL, for example. There may be a character that is similar to Ana or Rena or even Leah either introduced at some point or brought into MCs life (like Zoey maybe). I’m not saying that every facet of AL will bleed into this game, but some parts definitely will. I would guess that the throuple and the wacky yet ultra loyal best friend are prevalent in both because they are things DPC has personal experience with in some way. He didn’t pick these things merely for marketing or whatever; he is writing what he knows. The reason Liam is so well received and likeable and seems so well written and real is not merely because DPC is talented, but likely because he has had a person like that in their life or that he had spent considerable time wishing/dreaming that he did.

for someone who theorizes so much about this game, I see no reason you don’t explore AL. Consuming more works from an author can help you better appreciate or understand their work. it’s also a good game in its own right.

Last edited:

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
View attachment 1101694
i mean, it is fair to say that if you look at the collected works of artists/creators from many fields there is usually some overlap of themes in their works. the guy you quoted didnt say he knew the inner workings of DPC's mind or that he already had the whole BaDIK story solved, just that by digesting their previous works you may gain insight into what the writer wants to say or the types of stories they to tell or problems they like to present or criticize.

AL is good to consume before this game since it shows you that DPC wont shy away from scary real life issues and that he isnt telling fairy tales. these are mature stories with some comedy and lewdness thrown in, but that disclaimer before you play this game for the first time is there for a reason.

as somebody who has written stories themselves, people put a lot more of themselves into their works than they may even realize, which is why many artists usually create things that share many similar ideas. unless the point of the work is to purposely leave your comfort zone
While there's writing style evolution, writers that can write different kinds of styles, ect. There will always be a commonality between all works. Badik is written similarly to al, granted two totally different storys, but the storytelling style is the same.
As far as the gunshy comment, al showed dpc's not above roping the player into the story and giving a gut punch. (Diabolical lyrical mastermind?:devilish: ) as well as a warning that al does do that.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes