Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
That's so cliché and I'm quite tired of seeing that. Just once, I'd love to see a writer have a character like Quinn who doesn't learn her lesson in the end. That in turn allows the player/viewer/reader to learn the lesson for themselves and on her behalf. The tragic hero is a thousand times more interesting than the one who makes the predictable turn at the last minute and wins happiness in the end. Quinn can flirt with making the change, but ultimately she does not. The audience desperately wants her to make the change, but that's exactly why you don't give it to them.
If it's not clear already, I hate Hollywood. :giggle:
Not thinking far enough. You gotta take it step further. Quinn DOES make the change. But she's so deep in shit, she's not allowed to fully step over into the light. And now she's got inner turmoil beyond "how do I get off scot free". She's still got to do what she has to do. Its not about the last minute change. Its the mid-story change, but still leading to the "oh I'm fucked" ending because she's still a bad-bad.

Quinn learns her lesson and still gets fucked. Player learns the lesson. The tragic hero is even more tragic for failing to save her. Salt everywhere. Drama everywhere. Thats the good shit.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Not thinking far enough. You gotta take it step further. Quinn DOES make the change. But she's so deep in shit, she's not allowed to fully step over into the light. And now she's got inner turmoil beyond "how do I get off scot free". She's still got to do what she has to do. Its not about the last minute change. Its the mid-story change, but still leading to the "oh I'm fucked" ending because she's still a bad-bad.

Quinn learns her lesson and still gets fucked. Player learns the lesson. The tragic hero is even more tragic for failing to save her. Salt everywhere. Drama everywhere. Thats the good shit.
Right?
I mean imagine quinn finally opens up to mc, confesses her feelings, Gets tied up in a drug deal, vin snorts a line of coke, pulls out his knife, and slits quinns throat right in front of mc. Quinn fans riot.:ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Right?
I mean imagine quinn finally opens up to mc, confesses her feelings, Gets tied up in a drug deal, vin snorts a line of coke, pulls out his knife, and slits quinns throat right in front of mc. Quinn fans riot.:ROFLMAO:
And then you upped the ante. :KEK:

Not sure DPC will go that far, but yeah, if Quinn is going to go soft, I want it to happen soon, so her eventual demise by ep 13 or 18 or whatever is all the more bittersweet. I don't want some change of heart an episode before she gets yeeted. That shit has to fester for a while.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
And then you upped the ante. :KEK:

Not sure DPC will go that far, but yeah, if Quinn is going to go soft, I want it to happen soon, so her eventual demise by ep 13 or 18 or whatever is all the more bittersweet. I don't want some change of heart an episode before she gets yeeted. That shit has to fester for a while.
I mean maximum carnage make the character lovable, make the player invested, then yank that rug out from under them. I mean that is what he did with al. It made people so gun shy the tragic death has traveled here.:LOL:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Honestly, the moment I raised my eyebrow at Jill and her naivety/ignorance was where Bella tells her to date MC. And Jill is like "but I can feel Tybalt trying to push us together" or something to that effect, as if its a serious thing to consider. I irl facepalmed when I saw that.
I'm pretty sure that played out as Jill saying she wasn't considering dating anyone at that moment, but acknowledged Tybalt's advances.

I don't think she was like, "Should I date Fuckface, but what about Tybbles? And do I want to be known as Mrs Fuckface one day? Why is life so complicated!". No, I don't think she was thinking that.

That's so cliché and I'm quite tired of seeing that. Just once, I'd love to see a writer have a character like Quinn who doesn't learn her lesson in the end. That in turn allows the player/viewer/reader to learn the lesson for themselves and on her behalf. The tragic hero is a thousand times more interesting than the one who makes the predictable turn at the last minute and wins happiness in the end. Quinn can flirt with making the change, but ultimately she does not. The audience desperately wants her to make the change, but that's exactly why you don't give it to them.
If it's not clear already, I hate Hollywood. :giggle:
You should watch more Asian movies where they just kill the main dude or dudette at the end because, yeah, tragedy.

Imagine how much campus cred this scene got with the MC
View attachment 1113296
The whole fucking college knows him as Ass Man by now. Ep7:

Jill: "So Fuckface, why do they call you "Ass Man"?"​
MC: "You have an issue with "Ass Man", but Fuckface never bothered you?"​

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes