Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I've been avoiding jumping into the What's Under the Door pool until now, but here it goes:

It's not her husband, but rather it's the picture that was hanging in the reading room. We see it for first time during our drunken exploration. It's on the left-side wall:
View attachment 1115898

Then, it was on the floor the day after the whole M&J saga:
View attachment 1115902

That evening, Bella glanced at it while they were walking out of the room:
View attachment 1115908

The morning after the Cathy drama, it's gone. This is the same morning MC glances under the door.
View attachment 1115920

In the enhanced screenshots several folks have posted of what's under the door, it looks like the shoes are the bottom part of a picture in a frame with a cloth on the floor in front of it, which might have been covering it up and then removed by Bella so she could look at the picture.
Allow me to respond in the style of a political campaign ad:

"I'm Holy Bacchus, and I approve this theory." (y)

This makes so much sense that I'm slightly peeved I didn't think of it. :ROFLMAO: It's probably the best theory about what's behind the door because it's so simple, everything about it makes sense, and yet in doing it this way, DPC would have made it seem more ominous than it was.

moxyy

Nov 21, 2019
I've been avoiding jumping into the What's Under the Door pool until now, but here it goes:

It's not her husband, but rather it's the picture that was hanging in the reading room. We see it for first time during our drunken exploration. It's on the left-side wall:
View attachment 1115898

Then, it was on the floor the day after the whole M&J saga:
View attachment 1115902

That evening, Bella glanced at it while they were walking out of the room:
View attachment 1115908

The morning after the Cathy drama, it's gone. This is the same morning MC glances under the door.
View attachment 1115920

In the enhanced screenshots several folks have posted of what's under the door, it looks like the shoes are the bottom part of a picture in a frame with a cloth on the floor in front of it, which might have been covering it up and then removed by Bella so she could look at the picture.

As for what the picture is, now you're talking wild theory territory. But what the hell - I'll go there, too. It's her kid. The shoes could be Chuck Taylors or even hiking boots. The stepping stool and low mirror in the bathroom are obviously for a child. And, the shirt she loaned MC for yoga was short, maybe for a pre-teen. How old was the kid in the picture? Where did he (yes, gender assumed) go? Why is she packing away stuff that reminds her of him? And what's the deal with the axe (ok, probably unrelated)?

The answer to all is "I don't give a crap." Of my 9 saved routes, Bella's will always be the first I play through when updates are released. And I can say that with the confidence of knowing she's not hiding a corpse or an invalid next to her downstairs bathroom.
Great post, and pretty much everything about it makes sense. Thank you!!

But i sure hope we get some clues next episode, because i don't think i can go for another 5-6 months of people talking about axes, dead husbands, dead children, dead bodies, and all the other shit that keeps floating around here.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
This talk of exclusivity made me think of Jill after the relationship has begun. Do you think we will get to see a DIK mansion walk of shame with her? :oops: How would that play out? :giggle: I think the brothers would be in too much awe to even say anything!
And why would you take her to the house of the diks?

Reactions: SomboSteel

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Great post, and pretty much everything about it makes sense. Thank you!!

But i sure hope we get some clues next episode, because i don't think i can go for another 5-6 months of people talking about axes, dead husbands, dead children, dead bodies, and all the other shit that keeps floating around here.
Yes. Let's open that door and reveal nothing more than a framed a picture and that Bella's secret is that...she's a very talented painter in her spare time. ;)

Last edited:

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Allow me to respond in the style of a political campaign ad:

"I'm Holy Bacchus, and I approve this theory." (y)

This makes so much sense that I'm slightly peeved I didn't think of it. :ROFLMAO: It's probably the best theory about what's behind the door because it's so simple, everything about it makes sense, and yet in doing it this way, DPC would have made it seem more ominous than it was.
Sometimes its the simplest answer, Dpc devious like that, make the player think its some dark omen, but really the deviousness of it is the answers simple but hes making the player overthink it. Like his answer to will there be a leah in this game.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
OFT, do you have any more theories you'd be willing to share? You're like our thread's Sherlock Holmes! When OFT speaks, I shall listen.
I'll bite. Here's a really stupid one:

The old lady the MC entertains is really Stephen Burke's mom, whom he cold-heartedly confined there. MC will befriend her further on the DIK's next visit, and she will change her will accordingly.

"And to my friend and companion Fuckface, I bequeath the bulk of my estate..."

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I'll bite. Here's a really stupid one:

The old lady the MC entertains is really Stephen Burke's mom, whom he cold-heartedly confined there. MC will befriend her further on the DIK's next visit, and she will change her will accordingly.

"And to my friend and companion Fuckface, I bequeath the bulk of my estate..."
I like that theory too. I felt like she would have some significance beyond just being a random old woman in a home. Burke makes sense. He's a douche and the old lady is sad about being left alone. Something I can totally see Burke doing.
It will definitely pay off to be nice to her.

Coinzell

Jul 15, 2017
New Official Thread Offices:

King: Sombo
The Money: Cas
The Brains: OFT
Scientist: Ename144
Sexy: Shazba
The Nutty Professor: Dalli
Dirt Poor Hungry Peasant: Me

Feel free to add as you see fit.
While position is still free i'm claim myself as Sage's One and Only True Love.

Reactions: scalvi

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021
New Official Thread Offices:

King: Sombo
The Money: Cas
The Brains: OFT
Scientist: Ename144
Sexy: Shazba
The Nutty Professor: Dalli
Dirt Poor Hungry Peasant: Me

Feel free to add as you see fit.
I'm guessing ya'll see me as Jill's Body Pillow, so there's mine. It's basically a joke on Discord, but I guess it's how I see myself.

(will probably make me ignore this thread with the oncoming comments but oh well)

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Coinzell

Jul 15, 2017
I'm guessing ya'll see me as Jill's Body Pillow, so there's mine. It's basically a joke on Discord, but I guess it's how I see myself.

(will probably make me ignore this thread with the oncoming comments but oh well)

:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Wait didn't you ditch BaDIK?

SuperCharger

Mar 19, 2021
There have been some comments, especially on TV Tropes, about the "outdated" aspects of the plot, like the homophobia by the Alphas and the high school-esque cliques that B&R has.

I wonder if DPC has seen the episode of "Saved by the Bell" where Lisa refuses to go out with a guy because he's a freshman. We'll get a plotline where Sage refuses to actually date the MC because he's a freshman.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes