godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Wait.... one of the mini games is flipping pancakes? Seriously?
How else do you think Bella and Jill eat? Somebodies gotta cook for those spoiled little brats.

Everytime Mac goes to Bella's house he needs to cook her food and pain her fences and water her plants and all he gets a half decent blow pop.

And people wonder why we don't fuck with the lazy entitled LIs in this game but go with the strong independent women of the side track.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
considering I had to do it all over again when chapter six came out: in six (3+3) runs I still haven't made a good pancake....

is a minigame in chapter 5 the next morning at Bella's
:rolleyes: I stopped playing mini games after I got bored with brawler (when it was first introduced) which lasted all of about 30 seconds.

I like Mansion Repairing too much to turn off minigames. And you can hold Ctrl for D&G parts
And choose not to explore and go straight to the ice queen and die and be over with it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
:rolleyes: I stopped playing mini games after I got bored with brawler (when it was first introduced) which lasted all of about 30 seconds.

And choose not to explore and go straight to the ice queen and die and be over with it.
Now I don't skip minigames only in DIKish runs, in those the money runs out quickly. and anyway the only really risky moment is paying Riona in the fifth chapter.

It's true, however, that repairing the house isn't bad, but there are better games for doing that, honestly a game to distract me from a game isn't something I particularly feel the need for.

If I'm tired I'll take off and do something else.

Reactions: CynicalBstrd

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
D&G is better than the tennis minigame or flipping pancakes
At least with tennis and learning to make pancakes he's doing something practical that could benefit him later, like making pancakes for Sage or M&J as a nice, romantic gesture, or learning how to hit a cross-court serve with good top-spin so that it bounces just right to smash Tybalt in the nads.

Last edited:

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
At least with tennis and learning to make pancakes he's doing something practical that could benefit him later, like making pancakes for Sage or M&J as a nice, romantic gesture, or learning how to hit a cross-court serve with good top-spin so that it bounces just right to smash Tybalt in the nads.
Objection: Assumes facts not in evidence that Tybalt has nads.

ALCapote

Jul 20, 2020
So, I just read the last what, 40/50 pages of posts?
And while I love reading you all and agree with many of you;
the only thing I'd like from DPC would be a clearer update time.
Someone here said they wouldn't mind waiting 6 months if it meant a big and good update, and I fully agree with this point of view.
Really, the only desirable thing here would be to have a clearer view on things. Even if it means DPC telling us that the episode 7 will be in a year's time, at least, we would know.
That's the main problem. The problem is not the wait in itself, it is the unknown time. Another comment was about how some do not mind waiting for years for a movie or an album to come out, and it's usually because we have an estimate date of release. Here, we're somewhat in the fog, and that's the bothering part.

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Someone here said they wouldn't mind waiting 6 months if it meant a big and good update, and I fully agree with this point of view.
Really, the only desirable thing here would be to have a clearer view on things. Even if it means DPC telling us that the episode 7 will be in a year's time, at least, we would know.
That's the main problem. The problem is not the wait in itself, it is the unknown time. Another comment was about how some do not mind waiting for years for a movie or an album to come out, and it's usually because we have an estimate date of release. Here, we're somewhat in the fog, and that's the bothering part.
As long as DPC doesn't abandon the game, like so many others have done with their games, I am willing to be patient. At least he doesn't make us wait for six months and then put out complete garbage or a five minute update, again, like so many others do.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Now I don't skip minigames only in DIKish runs, in those the money runs out quickly. and anyway the only really risky moment is paying Riona in the fifth chapter.

It's true, however, that repairing the house isn't bad, but there are better games for doing that, honestly a game to distract me from a game isn't something I particularly feel the need for.

If I'm tired I'll take off and do something else.
Mod has the money cheat. Which would skip grinding.

Edit: sandbox grindfests ruined me on both sandbox and grinding elements.:LOL:

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Mod has the money cheat. Which would skip grinding.

Edit: sandbox grindfests ruined me on both sandbox and grinding elements.:LOL:
in Badik i wouldn't talk about grinding though. in the end almost all games bring a special render (which i don't care about), some bring some RP, very few are story related (hell's week for now)

In my opinion teh mod is not worth it with the risk of losing your saves.

and to see the different scenes I prefer to replay

derdiedas1

Aug 12, 2017
I think the minigames are pretty fun tbh, I think DPC did a good job with those.
The old brawler was really bad, but he realized that himself quick enough.
I just hope the mansion minigame doesn't screw you over in the end if you did poorly since theres no real way of knowing if you're doing good or bad.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
No, I fully understand the concept of most of these games, which is to take the story in any direction necessary to reach the end game for each character. It's called argument from conclusion and it's bad writing. I realize a lot of people would be perfectly OK with an ending where the MC is the pivot man in a circle jerk involving all of the female characters but I keep returning to the underlying fact that DPC has kept everything thus far within the realm of reality. To go in the direction of LTR with several of the characters he has to go entirely away from the reality he has spent a huge amount of time constructing. I'm not sure why that would make sense to him or to anyone else.
DPC

Even though this is a work of fiction, do you research your story to make it more accurate, e.g., the university system?

Absolutely. I find it important to conduct research when writing a story that offers some level of realism. The university system is a mix between the US system and that of my country, in which I have experience. Of course, the game is nowhere near being realistic, but I want the characters and their problems to feel like someone or something you can relate to.

Reactions: RonnieBoi

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Compared to (possibly) every other developer showcased on this forum, he's totally professional with weekly status reports (each Friday) released to his Patreons (and then it gets leaked and posted here) as to where he's at, he gives a ball park indication of percentage complete, and a bunch of statistics regarding what he's achieved and what's left to be done.

The Friday before last was the last update; he's pretty much complete now and is just testing. Then he'll hand it over to his beta testers and when they're done he'll release the game to his donors and we'll steal all his hard work for free.

Everyone's feeling it's gotta be this month for sure! :giggle:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
DPC may not even think of it as a job so much as a hobby, which he finds a lot of fun.
And with that, DPC won't care if he works 80-100 hours a week on it, because it's positive stress he's self-imposed. What rather worries me is that he is overdoing it and does not notice it himself.
He says, "Work averages to 12-18 hours per day, every day of the week". Not sure if he means week as in 5 days, not including the weekend (which would be healthy) or if he means week as in all 7 days, which would be quite unhealthy if this is sustained for months.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The problem here is two-fold. On the one hand, it can be difficult to accurately predict a release date or even a general release timeframe, even for a dev who's been working on this long enough to know how long they typically tend to take. There's always unforeseen factors that could cause a delay in the development or for it to simply take longer than intially projected, which then leads to the 2nd problem.

Giving either a firm release date or general release window and then not meeting it is something that some devs do, and when they miss that release timeframe, it can lead to what could be considered a PR disaster and their cred takes a knock. Even for a big, popular dev like DPC, that's not something you want to happen to you even if you're big enough to be able to weather such criticism and blowback, but it's still not something you want to happen to you. So therefore it's better to under-promise, or in this case not promise at all, and then over-deliver rather than promise a release date/window and then not hit that target.

Besides, DPC keeps his patrons and us up-to-date every Friday of an episode's development status, so that in itself gives a good indication of how well development is going and when an update might be expected.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
DPC may not even think of it as a job so much as a hobby, which he finds a lot of fun.
And with that, DPC won't care if he works 80-100 hours a week on it, because it's positive stress he's self-imposed. What rather worries me is that he is overdoing it and does not notice it himself.
a well sure, he might even be completely crazy

but since he's doing the maths right I'd say he's rightly doing it as a job.

Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes