mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Update with the definitive numbers. Release could be around 19 - 24 April and would closely match Episode 6.

EpisodeRendersAnimationsSizeRelease DateDevelopment Time
Episode 1130151≈1.1 GB07 Feb 2019000 days
Episode 21709 (+31%)77 (+51%)≈2.3 GB (+1.2 GB)04 May 2019086 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
Episode 32289 (+34%)99 (+29%)≈4.1 GB (+1.8 GB)16 Aug 2019104 (3 months, 12 days |≈15 weeks)
Episode 42532 (+11%)134 (+35%)≈6.1 GB (+2.0 GB)10 Jan 2020147 (4 months, 25 days |≈21 weeks)
Episode 52456 (-3%)157 (+17%)≈8.0 GB (+1.9 GB)29 May 2020140 (4 months, 19 days |≈20 weeks)
Episode 63336 (+35%)162 (+3%)≈11.1 GB (+3.1 GB)13 Nov 2020168 (5 months, 15 days |≈24 weeks)
Episode 73723 (+12%)250 (+54%)in beta-testing145 (4 months, 25 days |≈21 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus previous post.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
My theory for the images of the HOT party with Riona and Quinn flashing their tits at the MC and Sage:

This event happens on the "Sage Path." Sage and MC are enjoying a romantic moment, and Sage is about to confess that she feels something for the MC, when nQuinn and Riona interrupt and offer MC a "birthday foursome."

If MC accepts, Sage participates but is disappointed with MC and the two are locked in to being nothing more than fuck buddies.

If MC declines, Sage is touched and starts to warm up to MC as a potential boyfriend.
Whenever people talk about a Sage/Quinn/Riona foursome, the correct term should really be "wish-fulfillment" rather than "theory" because for this to be a theory it at least has to be plausible. :ROFLMAO:

Man, I hope I don't have to choose between Josy & Quinn....don't know what I am going to do if that happens.
That ship has sailed a long time ago.... unless you use mod
I'm still not sure if that ship has sailed. Sure, being on the M&J path can block the Quinn scene in Ep 6, but Quinn did/could fuck him in Ep 4 and whilst that was prior to officially being on the M&J path, I still think Quinn has a thing for him on that path and that maybe, in that moment in Ep 6, she just wasn't in the mood for a M&J/CHICK path MC but she could be later once she's calmed down.

What I honestly want to know is why is DPC going to bother implementing a choice between working at the pink rose or continue the granny sitting job. Unless there ends up being something there that makes that choice worth it very few players will bother picking it. It's practically going to be like the 2nd version of staying with Derek in episode 4.
For me, it feels like a potential Major Choice as it does somewhat fit the kind of CHICK/DIK decisions you'd expect from this game mechanic; help some old folks at a care home = Major CHICK decision, help clean the Pink Rose and hang out with a bunch of strippers = Major DIK decision.

Anybody think the MC will get a good end with Sage or Isabella? I'm fairly certain those 2 relationships will crash and burn spectacularly

I'll still go for both of them though :BootyTime:
Yes. All LIs will have some form of good ending, even if there's some drama and heavy emotional stuff leading up to that.

I'm curious to see how the LI's respond to a cluck from the Pink Rose.:rolleyes:
That would be very interesting, especially Maya and Jill's responses. :unsure:

What do you think was behind the door in Isabella's room?
OFT has the answer.
I've been avoiding jumping into the What's Under the Door pool until now, but here it goes:

It's not her husband, but rather it's the picture that was hanging in the reading room. We see it for first time during our drunken exploration. It's on the left-side wall:
View attachment 1115898

Then, it was on the floor the day after the whole M&J saga:
View attachment 1115902

That evening, Bella glanced at it while they were walking out of the room:
View attachment 1115908

The morning after the Cathy drama, it's gone. This is the same morning MC glances under the door.
View attachment 1115920

In the enhanced screenshots several folks have posted of what's under the door, it looks like the shoes are the bottom part of a picture in a frame with a cloth on the floor in front of it, which might have been covering it up and then removed by Bella so she could look at the picture.

As for what the picture is, now you're talking wild theory territory. But what the hell - I'll go there, too. It's her kid. The shoes could be Chuck Taylors or even hiking boots. The stepping stool and low mirror in the bathroom are obviously for a child. And, the shirt she loaned MC for yoga was short, maybe for a pre-teen. How old was the kid in the picture? Where did he (yes, gender assumed) go? Why is she packing away stuff that reminds her of him? And what's the deal with the axe (ok, probably unrelated)?

The answer to all is "I don't give a crap." Of my 9 saved routes, Bella's will always be the first I play through when updates are released. And I can say that with the confidence of knowing she's not hiding a corpse or an invalid next to her downstairs bathroom.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

• Lowered the volume of the intro splash screen and made its sound level controlled by the SFX channel.
This is all people really wanted from this update. (y)

Cool, they finish the testing by sunday, and Sunday or monday, DPC announce 16. as the release date :cool:
Based on how long DPC has taken to test it and how long the beta testers took last time, I reckon the earliest we could hear from DPC is the 19th to announce a release date of the 23rd.

MY Josy starvation soon will be over :oops: I'm so emotional right now, so touched :cry::ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1128700
Unless Josy will be too depressed for any sexy time. :cry:

preview2.jpg

Reactions: shinkei

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Based on how long DPC has taken to test it and how long the beta testers took last time, I reckon the earliest we could hear from DPC is the 19th to announce a release date of the 23rd.

Unless Josy will be too depressed for any sexy time. :cry:

View attachment 1128746
I have faith that they are not lazy bastard. Or he should find better testers, who are actually willing to play the game, as much as possible, like me :ROFLMAO:

as for Josy, the best way to get over someone is get under someone. and MC aka ME are very much ready to help her to feel better:cool:

Reactions: Casmyr

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I have faith that they are not lazy bastard. Or he should find better testers, who are actually willing to play the game, as much as possible, like me :ROFLMAO:
Well, assuming that this announcement signals that beta testing starts today, DPC has seemingly taken about a week and a half to do their teesting, so even if these guys were to finish it quicker by this time next week, DPC won't be making an anouncement on the 15th for release on the 16th. They always give a longer notice than that, so that's why they'd probably save it for the 19th.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Well, assuming that this announcement signals that beta testing starts today, DPC has seemingly taken about a week and a half to do their teesting, so even if these guys were to finish it quicker by this time next week, DPC won't be making an anouncement on the 15th for release on the 16th. They always give a longer notice than that, so that's why they'd probably save it for the 19th.
your guess is as good as is mine :ROFLMAO: . But what I assume is he took extra time to playtest it. May be that is why it took him this long to announce the beta test, , which does not imply its started exactly today. best case scenario 16, worst 23 . let's hope for the best ;)

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Whenever people talk about a Sage/Quinn/Riona foursome, the correct term should really be "wish-fulfillment" rather than "theory" because for this to be a theory it at least has to be plausible. :ROFLMAO:
"If you like, need anything let me know" "like a free order, something special, just let me know and I'll see what u can do"
So Special order. So technically plausible.
The question would be could quinn talk sage into it.

Nov 12, 2020

as for Josy, the best way to get over someone is get under someone. and MC aka ME are very much ready to help her to feel better:cool:
Those beta testers will be wanking to the episode for the first couple of days. Don't expect a fast release (no pun intended)

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
i hope it only takes 9-10 days and we will get a release on 16th
Well, like I said, even if did take that long (which would take it right up to the 16th), DPC's not going to release it with so little warning. They tend to announce the release date at the start of the week, so if it takes 9-10 days for the beta testers, he'd announce the release date on the 19th and it would likely be the 23rd.

"If you like, need anything let me know" "like a free order, something special, just let me know and I'll see what u can do"
So Special order. So technically plausible.
The question would be could quinn talk sage into it.
But that, in my mind, is the implausibility factor. I just don't see that Sage has an interest in other girls, even just as a casual, fun sort of thing, and if the Bella/Jill theory pans out, it would be good to still have one LI that won't do anything with other girls because not all girls would do that and it can be quite refreshing in these games to have a character like that.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Well, like I said, even if did take that long (which would take it right up to the 16th), DPC's not going to release it with so little warning. They tend to announce the release date at the start of the week, so if it takes 9-10 days for the beta testers, he'd announce the release date on the 19th and it would likely be the 23rd.

But that, in my mind, is the implausibility factor. I just don't see that Sage has an interest in other girls, even just as a casual, fun sort of thing, and if the Bella/Jill theory pans out, it would be good to still have one LI that won't do anything with other girls because not all girls would do that and it can be quite refreshing in these games to have a character like that.
True tho in some aspect sage and quinn are close. Sage does tell mc if he was interested in quinn to go for it. it can be a one time thing. And technically she wouldn't have to do anything with quinn or ri.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Beta testing and proofreading have started!
Stay tuned for a release date. I will update you as soon as I know more.

Preliminary changelog
Please note, the changelog might change slightly before release as a result of beta testing.

Added Episode 7 that includes

• 3723 renders
  • 836 GUI elements
  • 34 2D-art pieces
  • 250 animations
  • 22 songs
  • 20 sound effects

• Lowered the volume of the intro splash screen and made its sound level controlled by the SFX channel.
  • Set the powersave option to disabled by default to favor performance over energy settings.
  • Updated the money system backend.
  • Replaced the animations for the main girl episode report and updated the design.
  • Added a presplash loading image.
  • Added a skip 5 pages at the time button for the Save/Load screen.
  • Disabled right-clicking the Skip button to skip to the next choice.
  • The middle-mouse button now brings up the in-game phone and can be used to close any children menu of the phone.
  • The quick menu will be hidden when using the phone and restored when closing the phone.
  • Fixed an issue with autosaving, causing a lag spike during choices during animations.
  • To reduce lag, autosaving is now less frequent. There's an option in the Preferences menu to remove Autosaving and thus remove lag spikes.
  • Fixed a rare bug with Shuffle.
  • Fixed a bug where you could repeatedly talk to Nick during the free-roam event at the DIKs in episode 6.
  • Fixed a bug in episode 6 where Jill's piano scene wouldn't play if you chose to sit with Sage & Quinn for lunch and wasn't Sage's fuck buddy.
  • Fixed a bug in episode 3 where Quinn's text message would cause an error if you entered and exited Jill's chat first.
  • Fixed a bug with the episode report for Jill in episode 6.
  • Fixed an issue where playing a song for the bushes in Dungeons and Gremlins didn't show Moria appearing.
  • Fixed an issue with a special render causing Tommy to disappear momentarily in the first free-roam event of episode 6.
  • Fixed an issue with the oversized text for a subset of work tasks in the mansion mini-game.
  • Corrected typos in episodes 1-6
Well, I was hoping for this a week earlier, but it's still good news. First up, let's go to the final charts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Definitely wound up heavily animation biased. Given the apparent speed of his new rendering rig, I expect this trend to continue. Also, just for fun, here are some additional charts showing how the development of Episode 7 stacks up to the previous episodes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So the trend of longer episodes is closer to holding even, but not really reversing. No surprise there.

In other news, the ability to skip 5 pages in the save screen is awesome! The other changes sound interesting, too, so hopefully we'll have some real quality of life improvements to go with our semi-annual helping of smut and story.

Now we just have to make it through that long-feeling final wait. :cool:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes