bigboi2923

Aug 24, 2018

Beta testing and proofreading have started!
Stay tuned for a release date. I will update you as soon as I know more.

Preliminary changelog
Please note, the changelog might change slightly before release as a result of beta testing.

Added Episode 7 that includes

• 3723 renders
  • 836 GUI elements
  • 34 2D-art pieces
  • 250 animations
  • 22 songs
  • 20 sound effects

• Lowered the volume of the intro splash screen and made its sound level controlled by the SFX channel.
  • Set the powersave option to disabled by default to favor performance over energy settings.
  • Updated the money system backend.
  • Replaced the animations for the main girl episode report and updated the design.
  • Added a presplash loading image.
  • Added a skip 5 pages at the time button for the Save/Load screen.
  • Disabled right-clicking the Skip button to skip to the next choice.
  • The middle-mouse button now brings up the in-game phone and can be used to close any children menu of the phone.
  • The quick menu will be hidden when using the phone and restored when closing the phone.
  • Fixed an issue with autosaving, causing a lag spike during choices during animations.
  • To reduce lag, autosaving is now less frequent. There's an option in the Preferences menu to remove Autosaving and thus remove lag spikes.
  • Fixed a rare bug with Shuffle.
  • Fixed a bug where you could repeatedly talk to Nick during the free-roam event at the DIKs in episode 6.
  • Fixed a bug in episode 6 where Jill's piano scene wouldn't play if you chose to sit with Sage & Quinn for lunch and wasn't Sage's fuck buddy.
  • Fixed a bug in episode 3 where Quinn's text message would cause an error if you entered and exited Jill's chat first.
  • Fixed a bug with the episode report for Jill in episode 6.
  • Fixed an issue where playing a song for the bushes in Dungeons and Gremlins didn't show Moria appearing.
  • Fixed an issue with a special render causing Tommy to disappear momentarily in the first free-roam event of episode 6.
  • Fixed an issue with the oversized text for a subset of work tasks in the mansion mini-game.
  • Corrected typos in episodes 1-6
250 animations :PogChamp:

How many did we have in the previous episodes? Is the most yet?

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Hey, quick question, when do you get the Quinn text in ep6 after you help/bang her? I'm in the library free-roam now, and I figured it would've happened by now. But no text.

Nov 12, 2020
I've spread the custom renders for March throughout the thread, one user balked at them, "this looks like fan art" he said.
Damn I missed out on that. I picked up 3 of them I think. Time to look through your last 100 comments I guess!
Replaced the animations for the main girl episode report and updated the design.
I'm actually glad DPC fixed this one up. They were looking rough in the end report section.
screenshot0001.png

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Hey, quick question, when do you get the Quinn text in ep6 after you help/bang her? I'm in the library free-roam now, and I figured it would've happened by now. But no text.
I got it when your at the dik house and it's just before the Jill date like when you go to the board to close the free roam.

But Quinn told me that she doesn't like you. Says your cum tastes like birthday cake and you should probably get that checked out

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019

Preliminary changelog
Please note, the changelog might change slightly before release as a result of beta testing.

• 3723 renders
  • 836 GUI elements
  • 34 2D-art pieces
  • 250 animations
  • 22 songs
  • 20 sound effects

• Lowered the volume of the intro splash screen and made its sound level controlled by the SFX channel.
  • Set the powersave option to disabled by default to favor performance over energy settings.
  • Replaced the animations for the main girl episode report and updated the design.
  • The middle-mouse button now brings up the in-game phone and can be used to close any children menu of the phone.
  • The quick menu will be hidden when using the phone and restored when closing the phone.
  • Fixed an issue with autosaving, causing a lag spike during choices during animations.
  • To reduce lag, autosaving is now less frequent. There's an option in the Preferences menu to remove Autosaving and thus remove lag spikes.
  • Fixed a bug where you could repeatedly talk to Nick during the free-roam event at the DIKs in episode 6.
  • Fixed a bug in episode 6 where Jill's piano scene wouldn't play if you chose to sit with Sage & Quinn for lunch and wasn't Sage's fuck buddy.
  • Fixed a bug in episode 3 where Quinn's text message would cause an error if you entered and exited Jill's chat first.
  • Fixed an issue where playing a song for the bushes in Dungeons and Gremlins didn't show Moria appearing.
  • Fixed an issue with a special render causing Tommy to disappear momentarily in the first free-roam event of episode 6.
  • Fixed an issue with the oversized text for a subset of work tasks in the mansion mini-game.
April 16th is still possible, if everything goes smoothly. If not, then it’s the 23rd hopefully.

We’re almost there, boys. :love:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

Preliminary changelog

• 3723 renders
  • 836 GUI elements
  • 34 2D-art pieces
  • 250 animations
  • 22 songs
  • 20 sound effects

Cool, they finish the testing by sunday, and Sunday or monday, DPC announce 16. as the release date :cool:

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
DPC

How do you balance developing and telling a cohesive storytelling structure with a narrative game's branching elements? Do you prioritize taking the plot and characters arc from A to B with somewhat limited branching, or you plan strongly defined diverging paths that can go from A to B, C, D, E...?

When you develop a game like Being a DIK and need many branches, the most important part is to have a backbone story. No matter what choices the player makes, which girl the player goes for, the main story is always there to carry the game forward. That way, branching becomes manageable, and you can plan whatever structure you want for the branches. It’s not necessarily just an arc going from A to B; you can have multiple outcomes for it, as long as you plan to take care of the outcomes when you’re done with the branch.

One good way to end branching is to store its outcome as a variable and use it later to affect the story. It’s an easy way to introduce a system where choice matters, and it allows you to kill branches without making the player feel they did something for nothing, as the choice is respected later on in the game.

The balance of it comes naturally to me; I try to include characters in the story, even if the player has no romantic interest in them.

dalli_x

I think in the beginning the MC will just clean in the Pink Rose with his DIK's. This will make the meeting of the MC and Madame possible.

Theory
What if the MC gets a good offer from the Madame?
For example the offer of a partnership or even the complete takeover of the Pink Rose?
As a deposit he has to pay only 5000$. The number seems somehow familiar to me.
But this way the MC will earn enough money to support Maya, but he will not complete his family tree. He will probably lose a lot of LI's but at the very end he will have a lot of fun with the employees. Or maybe even end up with Envy?
Lilly:sneaky::giggle:

My initial thoughts were that it was a baby room,. That her and her husband lost a child, and in grief she got intimate with Jill while Jill was consoling her. The husband walked in and left as a result of what he saw.

But there were some other compelling theories on the thread which made me doubt my idea, but that was what I thought when I played through the first time.

Edit: Just as a reason for why I thought something that serious. I had previously played Acting Lessons, which definitely impacted on my theories in the game.
Also the future mc monolog in the library gives a al vibe.

Yeah you can eat macaroni with just a fork and eat chicken nuggets without any cutlery.
But that doesn't make it odd to use a fork and knife for the both of them :LOL:

Next thing you now, fappybeard will say it's weird to wipe our asses with paper instead of using our left hands
Macaroni! And chicken nuggets!
Ever seen a chick with heavy lipstick on, eat chicken nuggets(or anything like that) while trying not to ruin her lipstick. Yea it happens. Macaroni on the other hand doesn't make since.

Preliminary changelog

• 3723 renders
  • 836 GUI elements
  • 34 2D-art pieces
  • 250 animations
  • 22 songs
  • 20 sound effects

Hell yea, tho 23 at least. Have a feeling it'll take the full 2 weeks of testing.

The day of all the birthday txts. When mc wakes up, but before you call sage. During the talk to the diks/ call sage freeroam.

Edit: im pretty sure its two days after the help quinn scene, and the next day after Derek's shoving the cake in mcs face cluck. But its definitely the day everyone txts mc.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalli_x and shinkei

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021

Preliminary changelog

• 3723 renders
  • 836 GUI elements
  • 34 2D-art pieces
  • 250 animations
  • 22 songs
  • 20 sound effects

shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
Want to know whats weird? I haven't wiped in over a decade, unless I'm overseas. Over here in Japan, all the toilets have bidets. I just crank the water pressure the max and let it blast my butthole.
Did you find it weird at first? Would you say it is a massive improvement over tp?

• Haha
Reactions: Casmyr

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
The day of all the birthday txts. When mc wakes up, but before you call sage. During the talk to the diks/ call sage freeroam.
Graci.

I got it when your at the dik house and it's just before the Jill date like when you go to the board to close the free roam.

But Quinn told me that she doesn't like you. Says your cum tastes like birthday cake and you should probably get that checked out
Its the pre-diabetes. She should enjoy it while it lasts.

• Haha
Reactions: Casmyr
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes