felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Interesting she only mentions James' name twice in the whole game. The scene in the library is vaguely telling:

isa "(I can't lash out at students like that...)"​
isa "(...)"​
isa "(I did the right thing.)"​
isa "(This was for Jill.)"​
isa "(Married women don't fool around with young students.)"​
isa "(...)"​
isa "(They aren't intimate with friends either...)"​
isa "(But that...that was different!)"​
isa "(It doesn't matter... I've stopped it.)"​
isa "(Please, James... Forgive me.)"​
isa "(Please, just come home again...)"​
isa "(It's been long enough now.)"​

She's setting the mc up with Jill even though she wants him, and we can see she's jealous of Jill with the MC in spite of herself.

When she talks about not being intimate with friends, but that she's stopped it, maybe she had an affair with Jill that wasn't just a one night thing. I definitely don't think she's alluding to something with the Burkes (that's just Steven's fantasy), and we do know that something happened with Jill.

"It's been long enough now" means it probably has been 3 years, not just a recent thing.

But I can be swayed to believing he's alive, and because she's asking for forgiveness here, and then saying she forgives him in another scene, I guess she probably started it (had an affair with Jill), he reciprocated (had an affair too), and they split up. Since it was her fault, she feels guilt rather than anger, hence the whole nutty disposition.

But none of that really lines up with the MC's exposition in the library, "call for help" etc.

I dunno... :rolleyes:
That that scene in the third chapter still has no explanation is a great cruelty.

In chapter 4, going to Bella's place, their relationship softens a little, but there is still this terrible omen (partly resumed in the sixth chapter with Bella's new collapse avoided at the last second).

The call for help could mean Bella going off the deep end in the future (after the library, but before the present time for narrator MC who is in the future). Something could drive her to extreme nuttiness. Is it MC fooling around with everyone on campus? Could it be the return of James? Something else? This assumes she hasn't done anything untoward prior to meeting MC. I don't think she killed James, but I am interested to find out how Bella's parents died (at the same time apparently). That's fishy. I'm not willing to say she killed them, but I do find it curious that so many important people in her life have disappeared one way or another.

All that said, I really dislike the "call for help" future MC monologue. It's so out of the place in the story. The only other time future MC appears is during the intro.
its function is clear, that of creating additional (unjustified) guilt feelings on the player

Bella is hurting and you know it, but you do nothing, on the contrary....

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
its function is clear, that of creating additional (unjustified) guilt feelings on the player

Bella is hurting and you know it, but you do nothing, on the contrary....
I have no conscience so I feel no guilt. :giggle: A blessing for the modern day man! But seriously, that future MC stuff is garbage. I prefer to stick with the present because whenever we switch to the past or future it pulls me out of the story and reminds me that this is actually MC's story and not mine. I take my role-playing seriously in games. While playing I like to forget about the outside world and fully immerse myself in the character I have created.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I have no conscience so I feel no guilt. :giggle: A blessing for the modern day man! But seriously, that future MC stuff is garbage. I prefer to stick with the present because whenever we switch to the past or future it pulls me out of the story and reminds me that this is actually MC's story and not mine. I take my role-playing seriously in games. While playing I like to forget about the outside world and fully immerse myself in the character I have created.
you are pure in spirit, your conscience is bulletproof:cool::cool:

I agree with you, unfortunately it's not easy to stay immersed in this story

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm trying to connect some dots here. Buddy tells Quinn is she was as good at selling drugs as Vinny she wouldn't be late with her payments. Nick tells the MC Vinny and Tommy didn't get along. Tommy tells Quinn she's his best friend, even over Rusty. The connections to the missing laptop are Nick and Vinny but there's no connection to Cathy there unless Cathy was responsible for Vinny being thrown out of B&R, which is unknown. Vinny is also no longer a DIK and so the DIK code should no longer apply, especially with other DIKs.
The case of the missing laptop is still unknown at this point and it can't be said definitively that it has anything to do with Nick and/or Vinny or that that getting back at Cathy in some way had anything to do with it. Cathy is likely no more than the unfortunate chosen victim of whoever posted that pic. I don't see there being any deeper reason for Cathy being the person who's picture was posted, it's simply that the cast of teachers/faculty in this game is small and if we had more than just 2 female teachers then it could have been any one of them, but since we don't, this is why Cathy was the victim.

As far as the DIK secret code is concerned, from what we know of it, it's basically a pact to keep something that either is or could be potentially damaging to them a secret. Jacob invokes it to ensure that nobody outside of the DIKs ever brings up what Derek or the MC did with a teacher because of the ramifications this could have for both them and the DIKs as a whole. Rusty invokes it so that after telling his brothers the details of his conversation with Cathy that nobody outside of them knows what happened. If Vinny was expelled for dealing drugs, then someone like Nick could have invoked it so that nobody knows from that point on what happened with Vinny, and this would extend to new members of the DIK fraternity. Vinny may not be part of the DIKs anymore, but the DIK code is a pillar of the frat and the DIKs will stick to their secrecy.

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
The case of the missing laptop is still unknown at this point and it can't be said definitively that it has anything to do with Nick and/or Vinny or that that getting back at Cathy in some way had anything to do with it. Cathy is likely no more than the unfortunate chosen victim of whoever posted that pic. I don't see there being any deeper reason for Cathy being the person who's picture was posted, it's simply that the cast of teachers/faculty in this game is small and if we had more than just 2 female teachers then it could have been any one of them, but since we don't, this is why Cathy was the victim.

As far as the DIK secret code is concerned, from what we know of it, it's basically a pact to keep something that either is or could be potentially damaging to them a secret. Jacob invokes it to ensure that nobody outside of the DIKs ever brings up what Derek or the MC did with a teacher because of the ramifications this could have for both them and the DIKs as a whole. Rusty invokes it so that after telling his brothers the details of his conversation with Cathy that nobody outside of them knows what happened. If Vinny was expelled for dealing drugs, then someone like Nick could have invoked it so that nobody knows from that point on what happened with Vinny, and this would extend to new members of the DIK fraternity. Vinny may not be part of the DIKs anymore, but the DIK code is a pillar of the frat and the DIKs will stick to their secrecy.
Nick was sitting alone in what used to be Vinny's room when the laptop came up missing. Rather conspicuous. And I have to think that someone who liked Cathy or had nothing against her would not have done that. I also have to assume it was either a DIK or one of the HOTs who posted the cluck since anyone not one or the other would have stood out like a sore thumb at that party. Dawe is the one with the most reason to want Cathy gone but how would her get into the DIK house unnoticed? Any way this gets tied together is going to seem weird.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Nick was sitting alone in what used to be Vinny's room when the laptop came up missing. Rather conspicuous. And I have to think that someone who liked Cathy or had nothing against her would not have done that. I also have to assume it was either a DIK or one of the HOTs who posted the cluck since anyone not one or the other would have stood out like a sore thumb at that party. Dawe is the one with the most reason to want Cathy gone but how would her get into the DIK house unnoticed? Any way this gets tied together is going to seem weird.
Well, like I said, I don't see there being a reason Cathy was the one that this was done to other than the lack of other characters in the story this could cause a problem for. This feels like another thing where people are looking too deeply to find an answer for why it was Cathy when it's just as simple as there not being that many characters for DPC to choose from.

:unsure:Is it MC who hold the phone to record it? . I guess this is one of the new feature of His phone, record videos :ROFLMAO:
things start to take a shape . MC will be invited to this private party. May be His Birthday present from the HOTS :ROFLMAO::unsure:

Look at Riona's left arm. Seems clear that she's the one holding the phone. The fact that it's a video may just be that it's part of the new phone features DPC has made that he wasn't able to implement with the previous build.

Reactions: dalli_x

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
The call for help could mean Bella going off the deep end in the future (after the library, but before the present time for narrator MC who is in the future). Something could drive her to extreme nuttiness. Is it MC fooling around with everyone on campus? Could it be the return of James? Something else? This assumes she hasn't done anything untoward prior to meeting MC. I don't think she killed James, but I am interested to find out how Bella's parents died (at the same time apparently). That's fishy. I'm not willing to say she killed them, but I do find it curious that so many important people in her life have disappeared one way or another.

All that said, I really dislike the "call for help" future MC monologue. It's so out of the place in the story. The only other time future MC appears is during the intro.
It just seems that whatever it is, its going to basically hit Bella hard out of no where. Hard enough to shake her mental state (which we see the internal battle she's already in). So its going to be something like he died and she didn't know, she already found out but it was so traumatic that the memory is buried, or he's still alive and somethings going to happen that will cause a trauma response from her driving her to the edge.

This is a good thought line, if u think about it, certain diks don't know what happened with Tommy and vin other than there was a big blow up. Its possible that the bro code was called for whatever happened.

Reactions: Kellermann

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Related to this situation around Bella and James.

In that whole story, it’s a little weird that Jill doesn’t mention to MC anything about Bella and James relationship. I know Jill told MC that he should respect Bella’s privacy, but given that Jill is her friend and that she noticed the closeness between MC and Bella I would expect her to say at least something if the situation is so serious.
Unless Jill knows nothing about it too, which is a little weird again considering the two of them are very good friends.
I think Jill does know what happened, but she doesn't feel like it's her place to tell the MC and she'd be right about that. Whatever the story is between Bella and James and whether Jill was involved in it, it's up to Bella to decide if/when she wants to tell the MC.

4.80 star(s) 1,528 Votes