Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I would think that any adjustment of variables will affect saves files, even if it's just giving you more money.
My thought process is the modded save files work on the clean version of the current build. So logically they should work on the clean version of the next build too, right? Because if clean builds can't use modded saves, then as soon as we load up the modded save even with the current build, it should error, right?

I think.

Someon cheated a bit with those mansion stats, didn't they? :unsure:
Whaaaaat? How could you impugn on my honor like that? I would never do something so disgusting.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Casmyr

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
I smell bull:poop:.
As a former junior high school teacher I saw a lot of girls who were far more developed than their actual age would indicate.

Having said that, it should be needless to say that calling Josy a twelve year old was in reference to her appearance compared with the other characters in the game. When she is standing next to Jill or Bella or Sage or even Maya she looks like a little girl.

screenshot0001.png

Being A DIK is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
As a former junior high school teacher I saw a lot of girls who were far more developed than their actual age would indicate.

Having said that, it should be needless to say that calling Josy a twelve year old was in reference to her appearance compared with the other characters in the game. When she is standing next to Jill or Bella or Sage or even Maya she looks like a little girl.

View attachment 1154463

Being A DIK is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
Have you never seen short people?

Edit: Bella from estimation 15-20 years older, Jill actually looks slightly older than she is, sage doesn't look much older (which fits), and easily Maya looks the same age.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilhares and Gunizz

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You guys think context doesnt matter or that it doesnt add to character development?
I agree that up to chapter 5 she was the least developed character and was basically just an antagonist but with chapter 6 things are starting to change and she isnt just an antagonist anymore.

Obviously it all depends on what DPC does with her, she could very well have the biggest character change in the game (it will probably be the hardest thing to write in a believable manner) or maybe she will just stay as an antagonist or might even die who knows.
I do think context matters, but I don't think any of the context we've had recently changes how I see Quinn. Episode 3 is when we get the scene between Quinn and Riona that makes it clear Quinn is nowhere near as good a criminal mastermind as she thinks she is, and that she'll lash out at people who contradict her - even when they're blatantly correct.

We've had a lot of scenes that show Quinn in a sympathetic light since then, but IMHO that's just DPC putting his finger on the scale: none of it shows any more depth to Quinn then she had 3 episodes back. We gain insight into why Quinn is the way she is, but at the end of the day Quinn is still choosing to be that person. Even the much heralded "softer" side she shows the MC only appears if he indulges her self image.

Perhaps we'll eventually learn that Quinn tried to change her life once upon a time and got burned badly (the way Maya did), or that Quinn truly is being forced to run her empire against her will. But that is all pure speculation. Right now, Quinn is every bit the abrasive, self-centered manipulator she appears to be (though perhaps not as competent as you'd think). Riona offered her a way out an escalating situation, Quinn slapped her. Buddy tried to find out what problems she was having, Quinn shut him down. Sage agreed to Quinn's plan on one condition, and Quinn blew off that condition.

She's had plenty of opportunities to become a better person, but she turned them all down because she'd rather be Quinn. Which is fine, since it makes her a compelling character in a work of fiction. It's just that it also makes her an unpleasant character, and hence why I have no interest in spending time with her.

That could change someday, but I'm not holding my breath (though I'd be happy to see it) .

Reactions: InfiniteIgnorance

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Have you never seen short people?

Edit: Bella from estimation 15-20 years older, Jill actually looks slightly older than she is, sage doesn't look much older (which fits), and easily Maya looks the same age.
It's not just that Josy is short. It's that if you removed those ridiculously oversized breasts she would look like a very young teenager at the oldest. There's a lot of that going around in these games. Take a model of a child and add boobs and call her an adult. I'm not saying that's what DPC did here because I don't know the model he used for Josy or any morphs or customizations he may have used. I am saying that all the other female characters in the game, excepting perhaps Maya, would still look like college aged people even without the oversized knockers. Josy doesn't look the same age as the rest of them. Saying she's 18 doesn't make her look 18. I do find it peculiar how many guys are into that whole theme.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
It's not just that Josy is short. It's that if you removed those ridiculously oversized breasts she would look like a very young teenager at the oldest. There's a lot of that going around in these games. Take a model of a child and add boobs and call her an adult. I'm not saying that's what DPC did here because I don't know the model he used for Josy or any morphs or customizations he may have used. I am saying that all the other female characters in the game, excepting perhaps Maya, would still look like college aged people even without the oversized knockers. Josy doesn't look the same age as the rest of them. Saying she's 18 doesn't make her look 18. I do find it peculiar how many guys are into that whole theme.
Its the stupid "panda ears" she had her hair in isnt it? Your hung up on that aren't you. (I'd have to agree that that made her look like a teenager) but over all, she looks like a normal 18 y/o, just short.

Edit: and seriously, this is coming from someone who isn't a josy fan. Because I'm not.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I do think context matters, but I don't think any of the context we've had recently changes how I see Quinn. Episode 3 is when we get the scene between Quinn and Riona that makes it clear Quinn is nowhere near as good a criminal mastermind as she thinks she is, and that she'll lash out at people who contradict her - even when they're blatantly correct.

We've had a lot of scenes that show Quinn in a sympathetic light since then, but IMHO that's just DPC putting his finger on the scale: none of it shows any more depth to Quinn then she had 3 episodes back. We gain insight into why Quinn is the way she is, but at the end of the day Quinn is still choosing to be that person. Even the much heralded "softer" side she shows the MC only appears if he indulges her self image.

Perhaps we'll eventually learn that Quinn tried to change her life once upon a time and got burned badly (the way Maya did), or that Quinn truly is being forced to run her empire against her will. But that is all pure speculation. Right now, Quinn is every bit the abrasive, self-centered manipulator she appears to be (though perhaps not as competent as you'd think). Riona offered her a way out an escalating situation, Quinn slapped her. Buddy tried to find out what problems she was having, Quinn shut him down. Sage agreed to Quinn's plan on one condition, and Quinn blew off that condition.

She's had plenty of opportunities to become a better person, but she turned them all down because she'd rather be Quinn. Which is fine, since it makes her a compelling character in a work of fiction. It's just that it also makes her an unpleasant character, and hence why I have no interest in spending time with her.

That could change someday, but I'm not holding my breath (though I'd be happy to see it) .
I'm just going to add one thing about this Quinn discussion that keeps on popping up.

DPC spent 5 episodes portraying Quinn as a super cunt. And in the 6th episode, continued that portrayal, but started to add some depth/softness to here.

"STARTED" is the key word here. There's really nothing to bite into yet, besides "she grew up in crime". So it makes sense that for some people like Ename, Quinn is still just Cunt Supreme. The depth and character development has only just barely been touched on. We still have so many more episodes to go, for it to actually develop, if it will.

Some of us see the beginnings of the development and extrapolate. Some withhold judgement. Some don't buy it. This is pretty much the crux of this discussion about Quinn. (And of course, some love her since Day 1, but thats not what this is about.)You can't really come to a middle ground because there is no ground yet. Just gotta wait and let DPC continue to build her.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

I agree with much of what you wrote, but not the highlighted part

Quinn has had no chance to stop for now, she is like a gambler who is losing a lot of money, so much so that continuing to gamble is the only way she can see.

She's lost every bet she's ever made (the preps, Mona, the last shipment, the cocaine for Rick...) and she's basically worse off than she was at the beginning.

and we still don't know what she needs this money for, what hole she has to plug.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
ridiculously oversized breasts
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously?! :WaitWhat: She has a pair of the most average-sized breasts in the whole game and they're also not too big for her frame like a certain librarian we could mention.

Josy doesn't look the same age as the rest of them
Well, first of all, that's because there are age differences (Sage = 22, Jill = 21, Bella = 36, etc), but Josy looks perfectly fine for her age and looks her age.

I guess it's true what they, that no one is harder on women than other women. :ROFLMAO:

DPC spent 5 episodes portraying Quinn as a super cunt. And in the 6th episode, continued that portrayal, but started to add some depth/softness to here.
Depth was certainly added in Ep 6, but I could tell from Ep 3 that there was some weakness there and that this was probably the path she was going to down; seeming like a "super cunt", but then revealing that she's not as bad as all that and she knows that what she's doing is wrong but she feels her reason for doing it is justified.

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Its the stupid "panda ears" she had her hair in isnt it? Your hung up on that aren't you. (I'd have to agree that that made her look like a teenager) but over all, she looks like a normal 18 y/o, just short.
OK, you got me. It was the Mickey Mouse hairstyle. :p

I don't know. Maybe it's different in other parts of the world. I haven't been everywhere. Here, where I live, you have 14 year old girls who look like Josy. A lot of them. It's not rare.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Depth was certainly added in Ep 6, but I could tell from Ep 3 that there was some weakness there and that this was probably the path she was going to down; seeming like a "super cunt", but then revealing that she's not as bad as all that and she knows that what she's doing is wrong but she feels her reason for doing it is justified.
True, true. There's moments scattered here and there, but they can all be brushed aside. And in a bunch of discussions, they have been.

I just meant something definite, something more concrete. More than some hints that could be seen as something else.

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously?! :WaitWhat: She has a pair of the most average-sized breasts in the whole game and they're also not too big for her frame like a certain librarian we could mention.

Well, first of all, that's because there are age differences (Sage = 22, Jill = 21, Bella = 36, etc), but Josy looks perfectly fine for her age and looks her age.

I guess it's true what they, that no one is harder on women than other women. :ROFLMAO:
OK, well, Bella is ridiculous, and it's hard to argue otherwise. She makes Jill look like a midget. Aww, shit. Here we go again.

Does Sage look older than Jill? Not to me. I mean I know she is supposed to be older, but Jill looks more like a grad student than Sage.

I think it would be fair to say women are harder on themselves but more envious of other women. Who wouldn't like to look 18 again? I don't want to be 18 again, just look it. :)

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
Does anyone else here have issues with animations on AMD gpus?
I have RX 5700 XT and the animations keep flicking really fast
I remember not having this issue on my previous NVIDIA gpu

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Not until the mod has been updated. Modded saves don't work on the clean version of the game.

Also, the update patch can't be applied to a modded game.
When EP 7 is out, I will try the "persistent" file. It might work with the MOD. I have to try it.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I would think that any adjustment of variables will affect saves files, even if it's just giving you more money.
My thought process is the modded save files work on the clean version of the current build. So logically they should work on the clean version of the next build too, right? Because if clean builds can't use modded saves, then as soon as we load up the modded save even with the current build, it should error, right?

I think.
You can change the numeric values of things like money, skills, experience etc. with no detrimental impact on the loading of the game. Issues arise when you start adding in lines of code since it affects save pointers.

I agree with much of what you wrote, but not the highlighted part

Quinn has had no chance to stop for now, she is like a gambler who is losing a lot of money, so much so that continuing to gamble is the only way she can see.

She's lost every bet she's ever made (the preps, Mona, the last shipment, the cocaine for Rick...) and she's basically worse off than she was at the beginning.

and we still don't know what she needs this money for, what hole she has to plug.
A number of people believe Quinn had her shipment stolen. She just had her cut from the previous shipments earnings taken.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If the thief also took the drugs, she wouldn't have any coke to sell to Rich later.

Total side note:

Last edited:

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
True, true. There's moments scattered here and there, but they can all be brushed aside. And in a bunch of discussions, they have been.

I just meant something definite, something more concrete. More than some hints that could be seen as something else.
I'd venture to guess that ep 6 is signs there's more to come, considering.. "For me, Quinn is a character I love to write."

4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes