JagsFan84

Dec 1, 2020
It's interesting that the most complex and human love interest in the game is so divisive. Quinn comes from the most broken home with the least wealth, no family upon whom she can depend, no real friends, and a survival instinct she learned from her surroundings. Growing up in an environment where people have to have their fix at any cost or sell to people who have to have their fix at any cost teaches a person that being like the Jill's or even the Sage's of the world gets you hurt.

Quinn doesn't even know what real love is because she's never experienced it. Her entire life has been about what people can get from her and never about what anyone can do for her without a quid pro quo expectation of something in return. The MC could be her first true love interest in terms of someone who is not using her for anything and who genuinely likes her for the good qualities he knows she has behind the offensive sword and defensive shields she creates to keep people at a distance.

People don't come without baggage. Just because Quinn's baggage is more ostensible doesn't mean she is more flawed. Quinn's story has been told to a greater extent than has the story of other love interests. Perhaps when their stories are told they will be equally flawed in other ways. It might be best to reserve judgment on characters until the story has been told in its entirety.

I wouldn't say Quinn is the most complex character, she's a pretty standard tsundere, a stock character found in most Visual Novels and Dating Sims.

For the Halloween party, DPC should have Quinn go as Rin from "Fate Stay/Night" or Asuka from "Evangelion" to really hang a lampshade on her stock tsundere status.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
The MC could be her first true love interest in terms of someone who is not using her for anything and who genuinely likes her for the good qualities he knows she has behind the offensive sword and defensive shields she creates to keep people at a distance.
A lot people put up shields and what not to keep people away and hide their true self, what draws people away from Quinn is her lack of attempts in wanting to better herself both as a person and in general. The scene with Tommy in episode 7 is a perfect example of this. Rather then own up to her fuck ups and apologize she just deflects and shifts blame. IRL you can't just expect someone to take you by hand and guide you through life or those difficult potentially life changing moments easy peasy, you have to take those first steps yourself. I can guarantee if Quinn started to take those first steps more people would like her (myself included).

Last edited:

Giaochino

Mar 5, 2019
A lot people put up shields and what not to keep people away and hide their true self, what draws people away from Quinn is her lack of attempts in wanting to better herself both as a person and in general. The scene with Tommy in episode 7 is a perfect example of this. Rather then own up to her fuck ups and apologize she just deflects and shifts blame. IRL you can't just expect someone to take you by hand and guide you through life or those difficult potentially life changing moments easy peasy, you have to take those first steps yourself. I can guarantee if Quinn started to to take a those first steps more people would like her (myself included).
Exactly this.
Her actions and behaviour can be understandable. But they can't be justified.
At the moment she's just a vile person with a trublesome past.
Cry me a river.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
A lot people put up shields and what not to keep people away and hide their true self, what draws people away from Quinn is her lack of attempts in wanting to better herself both as a person and in general. The scene with Tommy in episode 7 is a perfect example of this. Rather then own up to her fuck ups and apologize she just deflects and shifts blame. IRL you can't just expect someone to take you by hand and guide you through life or those difficult potentially life changing moments easy peasy, you have to take those first steps yourself. I can guarantee if Quinn started to to take a those first steps more people would like her (myself included).
In my opinion, that will remain an insurmountable problem until a 'villain' superior to Quinn comes into the picture.

until then DPC needs Quinn to move the story forward (without "super bitch" Quinn, Maya could already be at the HOTs with Josy for example) so she can't afford to have, in the main story, any changes regardless of her relationship with MC (and his magic staff)

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
It's interesting that the most complex and human love interest in the game is so divisive. Quinn comes from the most broken home with the least wealth, no family upon whom she can depend, no real friends, and a survival instinct she learned from her surroundings. Growing up in an environment where people have to have their fix at any cost or sell to people who have to have their fix at any cost teaches a person that being like the Jill's or even the Sage's of the world gets you hurt.

Quinn doesn't even know what real love is because she's never experienced it. Her entire life has been about what people can get from her and never about what anyone can do for her without a quid pro quo expectation of something in return. The MC could be her first true love interest in terms of someone who is not using her for anything and who genuinely likes her for the good qualities he knows she has behind the offensive sword and defensive shields she creates to keep people at a distance.

People don't come without baggage. Just because Quinn's baggage is more ostensible doesn't mean she is more flawed. Quinn's story has been told to a greater extent than has the story of other love interests. Perhaps when their stories are told they will be equally flawed in other ways. It might be best to reserve judgment on characters until the story has been told in its entirety.
Well said bro. You can see everything you're saying is true just by looking at the rain scene; at first, Quinn is suspicious and confused as to why the MC would help her, and when he offers her money so she won't get hurt again, she thinks he wants something in return because that's her world. In her world, where you grow up with junkies for parents, where you're abused and called a rat by the people around you, everyone always has an angle, they're always trying to get theirs. So for her, the MC wanting to help was confusing, that's why she gets angry, calls him stupid for wanting nothing in return, and then has sex with him. In my opinion, that sex was her trying to reassert her quid pro quo worldview on the situation, forcing a give and take on the MC with her body so she doesn't have to owe him and become vulnerable. Afterwards, he asks if she's okay, and she hushes him with a finger and tries to leave. But when she does, she turns back one last time and asks him not to tell anyone that she was there or what he saw, and he agrees without hesitation.

She looks away, pauses for a moment, looks back - she knows he's genuine, but she doesn't know how to respond. She leaves.

You can see this happening again in the hangout with Quinn. She's uncomfortable with kissing because it's intimate, but she's more than happy to offer a blowjob to the MC - sex to her is transactional, impersonal, a way to pay someone back or get something you want. That hints at the kind of world and mindset Quinn comes from. I think, just like Sage, when the MC starts saying 'no' to Quinn's advances because he wants something more from her, she won't know what the fuck to do. She really doesn't know how to be normal.

Saibas

Oct 28, 2018
Change comes from experience, from something bad that happened and changed your mind, that and wanting to change. Quin's backstory is from someone who had shit happening and because of that she doesn't trust anyone nor want to rely on them. She built a lot of barriers to protect herself, if she changes, it won't be easy or fast. Even through some things happened, it wasn't nothing major for her and she doesn't want to change (for now) because she still doesn't trust anyone other than herself.
That's why i think an CHICK MC path with her could be better thank a DIK path.

PinkmeX

May 14, 2020
Change comes from experience, from something bad that happened and changed your mind, that and wanting to change. Quin's backstory is from someone who had shit happening and because of that she doesn't trust anyone nor want to rely on them. She built a lot of barriers to protect herself, if she changes, it won't be easy or fast. Even through some things happened, it wasn't nothing major for her and she doesn't want to change (for now) because she still doesn't trust anyone other than herself.
I agree, she needs someone to guide her to the other side because she can not see the path herself. DIK MC has been doing decent enough so far, but narratively that job would make much more sense for a CHICK MC. However that's only if DPC has a happy ending planned for her, and that's why I still fear it's all gonna end bad for her.

Reactions: Saibas

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Quinn with a Chick affinity won't even accept help after the theft, and that closes the door on future developments, so I'd say no.

Having a DIK affinity isn't about being mean, it's about being outgoing, having no filters, and loving risk, all of which Quinn likes.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Quinn with a Chick affinity won't even accept help after the theft, and that closes the door on future developments, so I'd say no.

Having a DIK affinity isn't about being mean, it's about being outgoing, having no filters, and loving risk, all of which Quinn likes.
This. From Quinn's POV, CHICK MC is a white knight pussy trying to protect his barbie girlfriend (regardless of your interactions with Maya), if you try to help her, she'd just think that you see her as weak as Maya and fuck that noise

Saibas

Oct 28, 2018

I never said DIK affinity is the same about being mean, however, a binary system(evil or good, DIK or CHICK) makes the mean choices go to DIK.
I'm not saying that DIK affinity is the same as evil, i'm just pointing out a problem with binary system.

We all like people who are more like us, but that doesn't mean it's a healthy realtionship.
I think all 3 paths could have a way to do things.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I never said DIK affinity is the same about being mean, however, a binary system(evil or good, DIK or CHICK) makes the mean choices go to DIK.
I'm not saying that DIK affinity is the same as evil, i'm just pointing out a problem with binary system.

We all like people who are more like us, but that doesn't mean it's a healthy realtionship.
I think all 3 paths could have a way to do things.
I would say that the saying of opposites attracting in BADIK is not considered.:D

but I don't see any contrast in MC's behaviour with the two affinities, the character is always the same, it's just perceived differently, in the same way that extroverted people are perceived differently from introverted ones

MC DIk, of whom Quinn accepts the help, doesn't think a moment to offer her his money, in the same way that CHICK does with Maya, same character

Reactions: Saibas

Saibas

Oct 28, 2018
I would say that the saying of opposites attracting in BADIK is not considered.:D

but I don't see any contrast in MC's behaviour with the two affinities, the character is always the same, it's just perceived differently, in the same way that extroverted people are perceived differently from introverted ones

MC DIk, of whom Quinn accepts the help, doesn't think a moment to offer her his money, in the same way that CHICK does with Maya, same character
I know, even though this is a binary system, i hope DPC doesn't follow the evil, good line (i don't think he will).
The reason i would prefer a CHICK MC path with Quinn is because of my personal preference (some people like the poor-rich dynamic, i like the crazy-calm where a calm character doesn't let the crazy one go too far).

I think the MC will help her, at least i hope so, and i am ok with not having a CHICK path with her. Like i said, is more of a personal point of view.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes