felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's why I said friend. When I first played that chapter I wasn't really interested in Sage, but I still picked the option to take care of her. It's just flu, but I know it feels great to know there's someone out there who would go out of their way to help you even if it's just to treat a meager illness like flu.

You're right, parts like that are in the game to make you think about the consequences, but in this case I still think that's the best option no matter which LI is waiting for you. I mean you can think flu is nothing, but it's still much more than simply picking Li1 or Li2 when both of them want to go on a date with the mc around the same time.

In this case it was Jill, but to be honest if any other LI would give the mc a hard time just because he went to take care of Sage, even if the mc is not pursuing Sage as a LI, then I'd think much less of them.
you're too noble for this world...

if you don't have a preference for either of them, from Mc's point of view it's okay to go to Sage anyway, so let's say in 2 out of 3 cases I'd go to Sage.

but if I were interested in Jill and I gave up a date with her to check on a sick friend, she'd kick my ass out of her house and she' d be right.:cool:

but the game is all about the fact that it's forbidden to talk about important things between the different characters. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Hermith
Nov 23, 2020
That's why I said friend. When I first played that chapter I wasn't really interested in Sage, but I still picked the option to take care of her. It's just flu, but I know it feels great to know there's someone out there who would go out of their way to help you even if it's just to treat a meager illness like flu.

You're right, parts like that are in the game to make you think about the consequences, but in this case I still think that's the best option no matter which LI is waiting for you. I mean you can think flu is nothing, but it's still much more than simply picking Li1 or Li2 when both of them want to go on a date with the mc around the same time.

In this case it was Jill, but to be honest if any other LI would give the mc a hard time just because he went to take care of Sage, even if the mc is not pursuing Sage as a LI, then I'd think much less of them.
the mod allows you to do both and also marks it in the things done .. go with jill but it marks you that you returned from the appointment you went to sage .. even if that is not what the creator of the game wants it makes sense .. one what shouldn't necessarily exclude the other ..

Reactions: qarnac

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but in episode 6, if you choose Sage over Jill (because, like, you already made plans with Sage before Jill showed up unexpectedly, Sage was sick and you don't just bail on a sick friend, and fucking Jill didn't even ring before she showed up...), then you don't get to see Jill paddling the old pink canoe later in episode 7.

Also when you meet up with Jill in the corridors at college (after snogging with Cathy no less - oh fuck, sorry Bella), and the mc tells her he wants to see her (after she says it'll probably be a month before they can start catching up again) Jill thinks to herself, "(Then why haven't you shown that more?)".

She's actually pissed that the mc didn't dump a sick friend that he'd already made plans with because she showed up unannounced dressed as little Red Riding Hood.

What a fucking cow!
Interesting that Jill is a Chick girl, some of these decisions are very selfish of her, with would fit more to a Bitchi Dik girl :ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You're right, it's one of the game's shortcomings that the mc can't even explain things.

Also I just realized you are a fellow man of culture and Jeane admirer. (y)
Mc actually tells Jill, but as if it were the worst kind of excuse... if he had told her that his grandmother had died it would have been more believable...

"Too bad I can't...you know I have a sick friend, I promised her.... I really don't want to but you know how it is, I gave my word now... Maybe we'll do it next year?"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Would you believe someone who answered you like that?

Fucking MC!!! Explain yourself!!!

With his trousers on he wouldn't even convince Arieth.

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
About Jill and Tybalt.

Considering Jill's liabilities with the harassment, if we accumulate too many misdeeds against Tybalt, it will backfire on us. I think we risk a big penalty with Jill.

Tybalt, although he is presented as a character who is laughed at for making fun of himself, he is not harmless. His father is Stephen Burke, he could help his son get revenge (especially if he knows that the one who pisses his son has also fucked his wife ...).

The best way to end this story is for Jill to open her eyes. She must put an end to Tybalt's hopes. Jill is naive, she has not understood the kind of interest Tybalt has in her. Once she understands, she will have to tell him clearly that there is no way.
you know what is funny about jill lovers, even if she blow five guys in row people will say, She is naive.

You said : Considering Jill's liabilities with the harassment, if we accumulate too many misdeeds against Tybalt, it will backfire on us. I think we risk a big penalty with Jill.

My answer : Yes It will but how dare mc hurt tybelt. he is just blackmailing her and trying to get into her pants.

(She is so naive that she do know tybelt trying to win her over also know knows what sex is but when bella says he is just trying to get one thing from you. She act like brainless worm : what a bull shit logic but I am sorry she is so naive she didn't even know the meaning of finger herself right. )

She is awesome if you post on jill post that tybelt is stalking her she will mark it as harassment .

As shown jill father is sneaky Baster# so mc with chick affinity will get bullet on his balls but wait jill will stand for mc after tybelt turn is over or she stand for her sister now wear her hat at night so nobody can see or turn off lamp so tybelt don't see (Wow she will understand and stand for mc) .

Didn't jill says something about sex on 3 date ohh sorry she is naive.

I suppose she wants it so perfect that she will need help form tybelt regarding that issue because they both are virgin, rich, entitled and love to judge mc and Jill is so angle that she believes the blackmailer words over mc .

Good luck bro !

Last edited:
Reactions: Hermith

don00769

Aug 5, 2019
please heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_diks.rpy", line 91, in <module>
File "game/season2/scripts/map_system/map_system.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/season2/scripts/map_system/map_system.rpy", line 5, in execute
NameError: name 'map_fast_travel' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_diks.rpyc", line 91, in script
G;CYE~A;C 38Ck* 5 }
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_diks.rpy", line 91, in <module>
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/season2/scripts/map_system/map_system.rpy", line 5, in execute
File "<screen language>", line 5, in <module>
NameError: name 'map_fast_travel' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.7.2
Thu May 20 23:58:01 2021

May 7, 2021
Then clearly it's all instrumental in creating some guilt whatever choice we make, dear DPC....
This! And it's okay for the story. A good story must arouse emotions.

but if I were interested in Jill and I gave up a date with her to check on a sick friend, she'd kick my ass out of her house and she' d be right.:cool:
Have you ever asked for a spontaneous date? Yes? And you never got an answer that the timing is bad? Lucky you.

Taking care of a friend would be a big plus with me. Of course I would be disappointed, but not angry. I would be mad if I found out it was a lie.

But I think we can agree to disagree on that point.

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
I don't know if anyone's mentioned this, but in episode 6, if you choose Sage over Jill (because, like, you already made plans with Sage before Jill showed up unexpectedly, Sage was sick and you don't just bail on a sick friend, and fucking Jill didn't even ring before she showed up...), then you don't get to see Jill paddling the old pink canoe later in episode 7.

Also when you meet up with Jill in the corridors at college (after snogging with Cathy no less - oh fuck, sorry Bella), and the mc tells her he wants to see her (after she says it'll probably be a month before they can start catching up again) Jill thinks to herself, "(Then why haven't you shown that more?)".

She's actually pissed that the mc didn't dump a sick friend that he'd already made plans with because she showed up unannounced dressed as little Red Riding Hood.

What a fucking cow!
I thought the exact thing when I first played episode 6. I personally always stick with the plans that I make first with someone IRL. First come, first served essentially.

In Jill's defense, I don't recall MC actually providing a specific reason why he turns down Jill's, very thoughtful, impromptu date. I could be wrong, but I thought MC was vague and said something like, "I have plans. Sorry". (EDIT I was wrong. See sorco2003's post below ) Jill might think he blew her off for hanging out with the guys and grabbing a beer. MC should have said, "Sorry Jill, I can't. I'm taking care of a sick friend who called before you did. Can we reschedule?" At least now she won't feel second fiddle.

That's a very neat detail though, and I've never seen that. If MC could read minds, then he might have thought she was being snarky.

That neatly brings me to this point. I don't like when DPC shows us what other people are thinking. Why would the player or the MC know that? If Jill hadn't had the internal monologue when MC goes to visit her, ("No, stay!) then the player and MC might think she's being cold. Maybe she's changing her mind about liking the MC? Wouldn't that doubt be far more interesting than magically knowing what someone is thinking? And, no, that isn't the MC knowing later in life as he narrates. He wouldn't ever know what someone thinks at a certain moment.

Last edited:

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
I thought the exact thing when I first played episode 6. I personally always stick with the plans that I make first with someone IRL. First come, first served essentially.

In Jill's defense, I don't recall MC actually providing a specific reason why he turns down Jill's, very thoughtful, impromptu date. I could be wrong, but I thought MC was vague and said something like, "I have plans. Sorry". Jill might think he blew her off for hanging out with the guys and grabbing a beer. MC should have said, "Sorry Jill, I can't. I'm taking care of a sick friend who called before you did. Can we reschedule?" At least now she won't feel second fiddle.

That's a very neat detail though, and I've never seen that. If MC could read minds, then he might have thought she was being snarky.

That neatly brings me to this point. I don't like when DPC shows us what other people are thinking. Why would the player or the MC know that? If Jill hadn't had the internal monologue when MC goes to visit her, ("No, stay!) then the player and MC might think she's being cold. Maybe she's changing her mind about liking the MC? Wouldn't that doubt be far more interesting than magically knowing what someone is thinking? And, no, that isn't the MC knowing later in life as he narrates. He wouldn't ever know what someone thinks at a certain moment.
The MC's exact words were
1621551165226.png

May 7, 2021
In Jill's defense, I don't recall MC actually providing a specific reason why he turns down Jill's, very thoughtful, impromptu date. I could be wrong, but I thought MC was vague and said something like, "I have plans. Sorry". Jill might think he blew her off for hanging out with the guys and grabbing a beer. MC should have said, "Sorry Jill, I can't. I'm taking care of a sick friend who called before you did. Can we reschedule?" At least now she won't feel second fiddle.

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
My memory didn't serve me well at all here. That's a much better explanation than I thought. No excuse for Jill to think we aren't making an effort, like shazba pointed out.

Hey, MC, ask her to reschedule for tomorrow? What a dumbass.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020

What a fucking cow!
Worst aspec of VNs is that if you don't follow a route as straigt as a laser beam you don't get the best ending, or even a good ending, with a girl. In a long game like this one it can get very frustrating and takes out a lot of agency to the player.

Not saying that this is the case with Being a DIK, since we don't know yet how it will end.

I'm personally a big fan of critical choices very late in the game. Conseguences, ok, but you should be able to save a relationship close to the end. Otherwise it's "follow the walkthrough by the letter" and not much more.

Reactions: Jules_Papillon
May 7, 2021
Hey, MC, ask her to reschedule for tomorrow? What a dumbass.
That would be smart. But then it would no longer be a dilemma.

Worst aspec of VNs is that if you don't follow a route as straigt as a laser beam you don't get the best ending, or even a good ending, with a girl. In a long game like this one it can get very frustrating and takes out a lot of agency to the player.
If you skip the date, you don't fall out of Jill's path at the same time. Possibly this is just to show us that sweet and naive Jill is not flawless either. Because of her past she might have fear of loss.

But we will get certainty only much later.

Reactions: Icekatana
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes