ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Jill wants more, even if you're not on her path? I honestly don't see that. Her path is the most difficult one in my opinion, because even small mistakes have negative effects.
Jill is disappointed if the MC shows no interest in her on her data and seems eager to give him another chance. And even if she doesn't tell the MC, she agrees to Tybalt's demands to protect him.

I think it's pretty clear Jill very much wants more with the MC, and will settle for being friends only if the MC makes it clear he's not into her romantically. Which is not to say that Jill is eager for sex, or that the would-be relationship would automatically last. I'm just saying that Jill would prefer to start dating the MC in a formal sense and would probably have proposed it in Episode 6 but for Tybalt's blackmail.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Jill is disappointed if the MC shows no interest in her on her data and seems eager to give him another chance. And even if she doesn't tell the MC, she agrees to Tybalt's demands to protect him.

I think it's pretty clear Jill very much wants more with the MC, and will settle for being friends only if the MC makes it clear he's not into her romantically. Which is not to say that Jill is eager for sex, or that the would-be relationship would automatically last. I'm just saying that Jill would prefer to start dating the MC in a formal sense and would probably have proposed it in Episode 6 but for Tybalt's blackmail.
If MC doesn't go on the Ep. 6 date with Jill, then he misses opportunities for RP in Ep. 7 as well as Jill's first lewd scene. While that might not remove him from Jill's path, it may make it harder to get her ending.

I'd have a MUCH harder time with this in my playthroughs if Jill wasn't so .

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

"SHE" - There is Jill's problem, right there, the word "SHE" :ROFLMAO: . I guarantee you if it was a HE, Jill will not be disappointed. But since it's another "Bitch"- Jill not like the MC's generousness. Simple is that. :ROFLMAO:.

Even My dear Josy doesn't like the idea of ME dating Jill, despite we agree to an open relationship.:ROFLMAO:

God, , Jill will be so good as the Rich Bitch , why she has to be Chick? so lame :ROFLMAO: .

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So you're saying it's totally fine that there are no consequences to Tybalt punching the MC in public, but returning the favor deserves contempt?
For all the bullshit that is Tybalt, he slapped the mc in retaliation for him ruining his prep party (potentially costing the preps a lot of money as the party is all about raising funds) and humiliating his guests by soaking them all. Given the mc was entirely in the wrong to do that (but we don't care 'cause we hate the preps), I think Tybalt had already paid for the slap he gave the mc, and more.

Turning around and punching Tybalt, after having just ruined his party and cost him money, is definitely a DIK thing to do, bordering on a cunt thing to do, but it's a game, and we hate Tybalt, so who cares.

Interesting that Jill is a Chick girl, some of these decisions are very selfish of her, with would fit more to a Bitchi Dik girl :ROFLMAO:
I think it's a very Chick thing to be upset when blown off by a guy you like. A DIK would be like, "whatever", and get on with their life.

To be fair to Jill (even though I just finished saying she was a fucking cow earlier), she had a lot on her mind. She'd given in to Tybalt's blackmail so she was already going against it to take the mc out on a birthday picnic. She'd put together a nice picnic basket and had a plan to take the mc to a place that was special to her. She had Tybalt's blackmail at the back of her mind (or even forefront of her mind) and then the mc blows her off, for another girl no less. Yeah, most girls would probably get upset about that.

Worst aspec of VNs is that if you don't follow a route as straigt as a laser beam you don't get the best ending, or even a good ending, with a girl. In a long game like this one it can get very frustrating and takes out a lot of agency to the player.

Not saying that this is the case with Being a DIK, since we don't know yet how it will end.

I'm personally a big fan of critical choices very late in the game. Conseguences, ok, but you should be able to save a relationship close to the end. Otherwise it's "follow the walkthrough by the letter" and not much more.
It's interesting that you can make all the wrong choices with Sage (or deliberately have nothing to do with her) until episode 7 and the relationship can still blossom into full force across the span of one episode (Sage is a free agent and she's not wasting time). I don't know what that means for other relationships. Are they crossing a path of no return yet, where if we've missed the boat there won't be another?

It's hard to say:
  • The Cathy/Bella situation doesn't look good. It sounded very final (and while you see Bella looking at her ring in the prologue, she doesn't remove it).
  • If you don't choose Jill over Sage in episode 6, it has an impact on a lot of what she thinks and does in episode 7.
  • Strangely enough, if you don't choose Sage, Sage doesn't really give a fuck at all after sending you an annoyed message (which no one ever saw but it was totally there).
  • If you don't hook up with the M&J duo in episode 4, is that throuple ever on the cards again?
  • Professing to Derek that you still have feelings for one of the girls makes it seem like there's a chance with that one girl, but what about the other girl? Is she off the table forever?
  • Although she's not a love interest, it seems with Quinn, if we didn't start the ball rolling on the DIK roof back in episode 4, none of the Quinn scenes open up.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
For all the bullshit that is Tybalt, he slapped the mc in retaliation for him ruining his prep party (potentially costing the preps a lot of money as the party is all about raising funds) and humiliating his guests by soaking them all. Given the mc was entirely in the wrong to do that (but we don't care 'cause we hate the preps), I think Tybalt had already paid for the slap he gave the mc, and more.
Respectfully disagree:). IMO :
First of All while I take responsibility with Derek, it was Him who Ruined the party. MC was like " I talked to Sage, they can't come with us, We done here , lets go ". It was Derek who Fucked up everything, " If they can't party with us, let's make sure, they wont party here ".
Then, Tybalt, Arrogant, Privileged disgusting behaviour toward, MC and then Bitch slap him. sorry but that is the "pussy Test". He deserve to be punched, and put in his place. That is not a Dik move , Its a pussy move if you dont do it.
I don't agree with DPC idea of the morality system. So far there was literally one good example of Dik move, if you beat Troy, now that is a jerk move, a Dik move.
The vast majority of these " Major Decisions" - are very Questionable. and They often feels forced. Like Tommy punching you, and if you Stand up for yourself, kick his ass, that is a Dik move.

Weakest part of the Game the whole affinity system. Not to mention, how these stats affect the Girls, because they have "Force Power" and they can see your aura. :ROFLMAO:
Decision that they don't have knowledge about, or not affecting them are matters to them, but clear choice like in the end of Ep 6 between Jill or Sage, has no effect on Sage at all.:unsure:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
First of All while I take responsibility with Derek, it was Him who Ruined the party. MC was like " I talked to Sage, they can't come with us, We done here , lets go ". It was Derek who Fucked up everything, " If they can't party with us, let's make sure, they wont party here ".
Then, Tybalt, Arrogant, Privileged disgusting behaviour toward, MC and then Bitch slap him. sorry but that is the "pussy Test". He deserve to be punched, and put in his place. That is not a Dik move , Its a pussy move if you dont do it.
I don't agree with DPC idea of the morality system. So far there was literally one good example of Dik move, if you beat Troy, now that is a jerk move, a Dik move.
The vast majority of these " Major Decisions" - are very Questionable. and They often feels forced. Like Tommy punching you, and if you Stand up for yourself, kick his ass, that is a Dik move.

Weakest part of the Game the whole affinity system. Not to mention, how these stats affect the Girls, because they have "Force Power" and they can see your aura. :ROFLMAO:
Decision that they don't have knowledge about, or not affecting them are matters to them, but clear choice like in the end of Ep 6 between Jill or Sage, has no effect on Sage at all.:unsure:
Yeah, it feels like the term "DIK" gets re-invented a bit. To me it initially seemed synonymous with "Dick" so a "DIK" move is a "dick" move, whereas now it seems more like being a DIK is basically not being a pussy.

I don't care really, but definitely not going to console Steve who was a total cunt the whole time and you wouldn't give him the time of day in the real world, seemed strange to be labelled a DIK move.

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Yeah, it feels like the term "DIK" gets re-invented a bit. To me it initially seemed synonymous with "Dick" so a "DIK" move is a "dick" move, whereas now it seems more like being a DIK is basically not being a pussy.

I don't care really, but definitely not going to console Steve who was a total cunt the while time and you wouldn't tell him the time of day in the real world, seemed strange to be labelled a DIK move.
Yes, and then out of nowhere we have a different morality decision, in ep 7.

Work at the Strip Club, or the Elderly Home. this choice, is not fall to the : "you are a jerk, or you are a pussy " category. Hell, I don't know why it's even a Major choice. only to have the 2 choices / episode. Except ep 4, when you only have 1 major choice. I don't feel this is even definition of a Good or Bad boy. you work for Money, it's important. It really does not define the MC at all.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Yes, and then out of nowhere we have a different morality decision, in ep 7.

Work at the Strip Club, or the Elderly Home. this choice, is not fall to the : "you are a jerk, or you are a pussy " category. Hell, I don't know why it's even a Major choice. only to have the 2 choices / episode. Except ep 4, when you only have 1 major choice. I don't feel this is even definition of a Good or Bad boy. you work for Money, it's important. It really does not define the MC at all.
I mean it makes a surface level of sense: helping the elderly is a selfless act of kindness, hanging around a strip club in the hopes of getting a free show is the act of a horny college student. In isolation it's not hard to see why the first is CHICK and the latter DIK.

The problem is always when you stop to consider the larger context. Why is working at the Pink Rose (which earns the DIKs much needed money) a Major DIK move, but partying with the HOTs just a normal free roam? Sure, you aren't explicitly refusing to help the elderly by attending, but there's no shortage of altruistic things you could be doing instead of trying to get laid. So why does only one of them merit Major Decision status?

Beats me. I'm still trying to figure out why Bella and Sage are fair game when Jade is a Major DIK move.

Hesteros

Feb 18, 2021
Actually it does somewhat make sense. It's not about choosing strip club vs. elderly home per se but about volunteering. No one volunteered to work at the elderly home at the time; the mature (a.k.a. Chick) decision would be to take one for the team. Add that to the fact that MC is in a leadership position when it comes to the repair project. It would be a Dik move to not act like one. Consider Rusty for example. He showed the DIKs what a leader should be like by volunteering, saying that he won't let the newcomers do the heavy lifting alone.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Actually it does somewhat make sense. It's not about choosing strip club vs. elderly home per se but about volunteering. No one volunteered to work at the elderly home at the time; the mature (a.k.a. Chick) decision would be to take one for the team. Add that to the fact that MC is in a leadership position when it comes to the repair project. It would be a Dik move to not act like one. Consider Rusty for example. He showed the DIKs what a leader should be like by volunteering, saying that he won't let the newcomers do the heavy lifting alone.
I see the point, I just don't feel it. It should have not even be a choice or at least not morality choice. Because, the Elderly Home pays better, that was the fact. :ROFLMAO:. Choosing the strip club only make sense if you have the VIP ticket. Accepting the VIP ticket, could have been used as a major choice may be. Because for Example Derek automatically refuse it if He won. That would feel better i think. either you are selfish or not.
but this is what I was complaining about. These " Major Choices, feels so random , so inconsistent.

You feel like an asshole if you beat troy , You a pussy, if you don't punch tybalt, or kick Tommy ass. and You don't understand why you should even bother with Steve.

And even accepting Quinn's offer, feels more like a chick option, because a less confident virgin boy might accept it. Hence the whole Melanie shower sex , you have to be Neutral, or Dik, to Feel Confident.:unsure:

And the Jill shower scene is a Chick option ? that borderline sexual harassment:ROFLMAO:.
" Oh is this what I think it is ? ":ROFLMAO:

as
shazba pointed out. You don't really understand what the two scale represent, what kind of personality. Because most of the time you feel like a pussy as Chick, and not as a nice guy or mature guy, and a Dik why can't be Mature?. In fact, He seem more Mature, more Confident, yet this smehow, Nagativity Toward most of the Main Girls. Jill, Bella, Maya :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Hermith

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
I'm still trying to figure out why Bella and Sage are fair game when Jade is a Major DIK move.
I think Jade is a Major DIK move because she is married and the mc is trying to find a teacher for the hell's week challenge. I'd prefer if it wasn't a major choice tbh so the mc could pursue Jade for fun without DIK/CHICK consequences or maybe the mc could pick between going out with Jade only for fun or for the hell's week challenge as well.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I mean it makes a surface level of sense: helping the elderly is a selfless act of kindness, hanging around a strip club in the hopes of getting a free show is the act of a horny college student. In isolation it's not hard to see why the first is CHICK and the latter DIK.

The problem is always when you stop to consider the larger context. Why is working at the Pink Rose (which earns the DIKs much needed money) a Major DIK move, but partying with the HOTs just a normal free roam? Sure, you aren't explicitly refusing to help the elderly by attending, but there's no shortage of altruistic things you could be doing instead of trying to get laid. So why does only one of them merit Major Decision status?

Beats me. I'm still trying to figure out why Bella and Sage are fair game when Jade is a Major DIK move.
simply because only a few can be major choices, a couple per episode and quite far apart.

then there are some unwritten rules so for example nothing done with the LIs is a major choice, warning Maya about Quinn, treating Jill badly after she denounced Chad's assault etc...

Then there are other decisions, optional, that are obviously more morally serious that don't find space (showing Jade's video, agreeing to molest Ashley...)

besides Steve's one the least understandable for me is the decision to celebrate without limits at the pink rose, it's a party like many others but it's punished only because "it can have as consequence" the private show of the Envy

Last edited:

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
I think Jade is a Major DIK move because she is married and the mc is trying to find a teacher for the hell's week challenge. I'd prefer if it wasn't a major choice tbh so the mc could pursue Jade for fun without DIK/CHICK consequences or maybe the mc could pick between going out with Jade only for fun or for the hell's week challenge as well.
She's not completely DIK route though, you can be CHICK and give up on the M&J romance to do her scene, and then not show the sex tape. And from these last 2 updates you can see the setups for more of a relationship then them just fucking. She missed the MC and they have a deeper talk about stuff. And yeah of course she's married, but clearly not happily married.

And I feel like all relationships in this game that ultimately stick will involve a CHICK pathing at some point in route.

Reactions: felicemastronzo
May 7, 2021
Honestly, I still don't see it. While what you describe is true for Sage, I don't have that impression for Jill. Maybe I'll do another speed run to check it out.

"SHE" - There is Jill's problem, right there, the word "SHE" :ROFLMAO: . I guarantee you if it was a HE, Jill will not be disappointed. But since it's another "Bitch"- Jill not like the MC's generousness. Simple is that. :ROFLMAO:.
Good point.

To be fair to Jill (even though I just finished saying she was a fucking cow earlier), she had a lot on her mind. She'd given in to Tybalt's blackmail so she was already going against it to take the mc out on a birthday picnic. She'd put together a nice picnic basket and had a plan to take the mc to a place that was special to her. She had Tybalt's blackmail at the back of her mind (or even forefront of her mind) and then the mc blows her off, for another girl no less. Yeah, most girls would probably get upset about that.
That's right. If it had been a planned date. Shame on him.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That doesn't sound like a big deal. But as I wrote, that's supposed to be the dilemma.

Not going to the Hangout with Sage also seems to only cost a few RP so far. On the other hand it might be a big thing for Sage if the MC is there for her when she needs him.

It's interesting that you can make all the wrong choices with Sage (or deliberately have nothing to do with her) until episode 7 and the relationship can still blossom into full force across the span of one episode (Sage is a free agent and she's not wasting time). I don't know what that means for other relationships. Are they crossing a path of no return yet, where if we've missed the boat there won't be another?

It's hard to say:
  • The Cathy/Bella situation doesn't look good. It sounded very final (and while you see Bella looking at her ring in the prologue, she doesn't remove it).
  • If you don't choose Jill over Sage in episode 6, it has an impact on a lot of what she thinks and does in episode 7.
  • Strangely enough, if you don't choose Sage, Sage doesn't really give a fuck at all after sending you an annoyed message (which no one ever saw but it was totally there).
  • If you don't hook up with the M&J duo in episode 4, is that throuple ever on the cards again?
  • Professing to Derek that you still have feelings for one of the girls makes it seem like there's a chance with that one girl, but what about the other girl? Is she off the table forever?
  • Although she's not a love interest, it seems with Quinn, if we didn't start the ball rolling on the DIK roof back in episode 4, none of the Quinn scenes open up.
I think it is likely that wrong choices may well close a path.

But I can also well imagine that there are other second chances. With Maja and Josy, for example, I could imagine a separation and the MC must then choose a side.

I've also been annoyed that Derek can't be stopped. Stopping the party feels so unnecessary. Not to mention the consequences.

Meanwhile, I think it probably would have been appropriate to challenge Tybalt to a duel at dawn. He clearly threw down the gauntlet to the MC with that punch.

Right. The serious decision is made much later, when it comes to showing Derek the video.

The decision to get in the car with Jade is a moral one. A real Nice Guy simply wouldn't do it. But he wouldn't steal panties from the HOTs either.

And I feel like all relationships in this game that ultimately stick will involve a CHICK pathing at some point in route.
For now, that's true. But I wouldn't be surprised if you get problems later because you have to stand up for the LI, for example, but can't as a CHICK.

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
For now, that's true. But I wouldn't be surprised if you get problems later because you have to stand up for the LI, for example, but can't as a CHICK.
Most of my blind playthroughs ended up with the mc being a neutral/chick guy. As others already mentioned, there are choices that doesn't really make sense on the mature/nice guy - confident/bad boy scale. For an example my mc wouldn't console Steve and wouldn't back down from a fight with the Alphas, just because that would be the "more mature" option. The neutral confident/nice guy route sounds way better then the two "extremes".

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes