shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hey, guys. Just a thought.

So far Ep seven has had the most major choices, do you think that means DPC wants us to have permanent affinity by the end of Ep8 no matter what?
Dude, I've permanent affinity since ep6. Unless you calculate your choices to be neutral it will happen sooner or later
I’m not sure if I like the idea of permanent affinity.

It’s obviously a very intended feature of the game, but it’s inevitably enforcing that after just a few months your mc is locked into a behaviour pattern, either no longer capable of feeling empathy (does that mean a DIK is a psychopath), or eternally a pussy.

I may be wrong in my expectations, so only time will tell, but I prefer it when your actions influence how other characters perceive you rather than your actions influence how you are allowed to behave in the future.

:unsure:

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
Since you all so disrespectful, and Resisting Josy Supremacy. :ROFLMAO: :cool:
I'm hesitant to share this Gift with you, what I get from our secret benefactor:love:
I like the Yellow ones (y) :love:
I'mma be real here. Up until I did the CHICK run I never really thought of Josy as sexy or appealing, but once I did, goddamn, that girl is hella hot! I'm not seeing much love for no. 5, which I do think is my favourite, mainly because of the contrast the white bikini has against her tanned skin. That, for me, is a bigass turn-on.

Sage has lost some of her... characterisation for want of a better word. She was never particularly tied to the “DIK” route and easily romanced as a Chick. Now she’s acting all DIK route, casual sex... calling MC a girl for wanting more... I dunno. Even the MC as a full DIK reacts to Sage in such a way he thought there was something more.

Sage needed more stuff like the first time you have sex with her where she makes it clear it’s just sex. You should need to affirm it was just sex throughout her route or be penalised. She should need DIK actions to be with, like Quinn or the other HOTS.

If he wants us to act like the last 7 episodes meant nothing Sage should have been the anthesis to Jill. Needs DIK points and actions. Have sex with no emotions and the big crescendo be an emotional connection leading to more. This is kind of a mess in my opinion (based on what we have so far, it could all change in an episode).
Definitely agree with you there. I wish that she'd be exclusive to a certain status/affinity too, because it honestly feels that way with all the other LIs, and at this point it's almost like the game is more of "Being a CHICK" rather than "Being a DIK" if you're aiming for a choice with any of the LIs. If you're on the DIK route, you're gonna get friendzoned by M&J, and Bella won't like you as much, while with Jill, although you still seem fine on the surface, you don't get as much RP either, which may bite you back in the ass in future episodes. That only leaves us with one option: Sage. Unless there's gonna be an ending where you can choose to hook up with one of the SCs (Quinn, Camila, Riona etc.), I find it discomforting that those on the DIK route are limited in their selections. Even in the CHICK route you can still choose to sleep around as you already do in the DIK route, yet a plethora of options are open for you still.

I've seen comments about how DPC doesn't really give a shit about "fairness", so we shouldn't expect too much, but I'm still hoping that there'll be some other benefits of being on the DIK route (other than fucking the HOTs and strippers) that'll come into play in future episodes.

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
Secondly, I find the notion that fuck buddies "earned" a special status with Sage misguided. If you chose to start an affair with someone in a formal relationship you shouldn't expect that affair to be the one true path to love. If anything, you should probably expect that the resulting affair to a be very short-term: full of passion that burns out quickly. Giving the affair a legitimate chance for more is already being generous IMHO, even if it is likely a necessary concession to AVN tropes.

At any rate, the point is that just because there are two paths to Sage (regardless of exactly which ending(s) each path gets), that doesn't make it unfair to the path that opened first. The journey matters at least as much as the destination, and in this case the fuck buddy path has a very different journey prior to Episode 7.

Now I agree, it will be a waste to conflate the routes going forward, but I can't rail against DPC for something he hasn't actually done yet.
I'm alright with the people who've been friends with Sage instead of fuck buddies jumping on her wagon in Episode 7, but for those who've tried to deliberately ignore Sage and go out of their way to ensure that they don't get on her path, I don't understand at all why they can still choose to pursue Sage at the HOT's party. I vividly remember a member of the forum commenting about this exact case, and I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Like, you're already treating her like Chad is at this point, but why the hell are you still allowed to choose whether to go for her or not???? Does the built-up RP mean nothing? I'm so confused by this, honestly speaking. I'm hoping for those that went for her in Episode 7 even after deliberately avoiding everything to do with her have to deal with some repercussions in future episodes.

Reactions: isotope and Hermith

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
No wonder why many players prefer banging strippers, teachers & dealers...
Yo, you can't deny that Nicole is a hot-as-fuck MILF, Bella and Jade have some holy mommy milkers, Lily is kinky as fuck, Riona's hot as hell, and Cathy is just tempting. The side chicks in this game can make people salivate bro, I kid you not. And they have some alright character development too, which is another plus. And as I've said before, Camila is absolutely adorable.

Honestly I thought that line of Sage's was pretty ridiculous. I think DPC needed her to say it for game development purposes, rather than narrative purposes, which always leads to dialogue that sounds off. It doesn't at all reflect her behaviour and attitude towards MC up to ep 7. Let me get this straight, Sage: you've been sleeping with the guy, kissing him in public, wearing his jacket, calling him for help when you're sick, crying at his personal history, you admit you're attracted to him, and you tell other people he's a great guy. But you've "never seen him through that lens before". Absurd.
Maybe she has, but she's been trying to deny and suppress her feelings because she still believed her relationship with Chad stood a chance. She's talked about her having to bottle up her feelings due to her family background back in Episode 6, so that's a thing. Sometimes people say or do things subconsciously, and they're not even aware of it. I'd like to think that Sage does have a certain level of affection for MC already, but she's yet to admit it although her actions are already showing it.
In the end, this is just my speculation though.

We have to assume she wouldn’t but that isn’t based on anything in game. She was really quick to cheat on Chad, given her claims now it was just sex with the MC (and with hindsight she was quick to cheat, she was kissing MC at that party and ready to do more at the drop of a hat).

Id freely believe she cheated on Chad before (despite no evidence for it) and was it not for the hardline against it at a meta level I wouldn’t doubt she’d sleep with someone else despite the agreement with the MC.
In that sense I could come up with a counter argument too, seeing as Chad was the president of the jocks while he was dating Sage, and the jocks do have a notorious reputation for bullying. As seen in Episode 1, Chad did, in fact, get mad because he thought the MC was courting Sage, and was prepared to send his men to beat him up for it. And in Episode 2, at the DIK's party, if you replied "I intend to" to the DIK's (I think it was Tommy's) question about whether or not you're thinking of banging Sage, he'd reply something along the lines of "You've got some balls, maggot. Even I wouldn't think about that."

I'm thinking that there was no one who dared to approach Sage as the MC did due to her being Chad's girlfriend, so, personally, I find the idea of Sage cheating on Chad prior to the MC less probable.

Jan 30, 2021
I'm alright with the people who've been friends with Sage instead of fuck buddies jumping on her wagon in Episode 7, but for those who've tried to deliberately ignore Sage and go out of their way to ensure that they don't get on her path, I don't understand at all why they can still choose to pursue Sage at the HOT's party. [...]
its because i usually play with focus . "Bella only" or "Josy only'

it would make me feel like im cheating.
(i understand that going extra mile to be emotionally attached to fictional character isn't for everyone and that's cool)

i guess some try to balance the game between DIK and CHICK and get as much out of single playthrough as they can.
But "single girl" focus feels better (plus i get a reson to play again , im still missing Maya - and i like Josy a lot
so im draging this one out. )

because of Bella i didnt want to do Jill focus , glad i did she had me crying .

i agree if you wanna see all the side girls Sage is good focus . she'll let it slide (for now at least)
since she's not committed and doesnt expect you to be that ether (thats why she has DIK affinity)

all the other girls want romance first (CHICK)

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Hey, guys. Just a thought.

So far Ep seven has had the most major choices, do you think that means DPC wants us to have permanent affinity by the end of Ep8 no matter what?
I think it's after 9 unless he adds 4 choices to the next episode, and we never got more than 2

I’m not sure if I like the idea of permanent affinity.

It’s obviously a very intended feature of the game, but it’s inevitably enforcing that after just a few months your mc is locked into a behaviour pattern, either no longer capable of feeling empathy (does that mean a DIK is a psychopath), or eternally a pussy.

I may be wrong in my expectations, so only time will tell, but I prefer it when your actions influence how other characters perceive you rather than your actions influence how you are allowed to behave in the future.

:unsure:
I like the idea but not sure if it will work because a lot of choices aren't marked as major and don't affect affinity

Reactions: Meushi

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Maybe. I certainly think it plays out that way in the friend route.

But the fuck buddy route sure seemed like the MC was deliberately teasing Sage. I don't think he was surprised by the kiss. I'll admit his eyes being opened does make it ambiguous.
when there will be no more COVID emergency the scientific community will finally start to seriously study why the MC of each game tends to be the most criticised character... :unsure: :unsure:

in this whole thing MC doesn't gain anything and if he does it to seduce Sage he's crazy, he has her ready for everything in his room, he abruptly pushes her away and doesn't see her again for about a week in which he could have had sex every day.

When they meet again he accepts to be full of insults and basically his request is sent back to the sender, now he is her fuckbuddy, for the future we will see.:confused:
In all honesty, did you really think doing something with multiple girls would never bite you in the ass at some point? I agree it happened sooner than expected and Cathy not putting her panties into her coat pocket is not how I expected to be discovered. But the principle is valid, and I'm glad we only had to wait 2 episodes for the shoe to drop rather than, say, 5.

To me, Cathy's path blocking Bella is fair game. We can always quibble about an given detail when we'd prefer a different outcome, but that doesn't make the outcome unreasonable on its face. The way Bella found out is well explained and no more improbable than a lot of things in this game (rather less so, I'd say). I also think it makes perfect sense for Bella to take this as a sign the MC isn't serious about a relationship with her.

I don't see anything to complain about here.
It's certainly normal and predictable that it happens, but Bella remains the last one to judge MC, for her to be the first to do so for me is forced.

a married woman who has a relationship (until very recently purely physical) with a student half her age and behind the back of what is presented to us as her best friend can judge the fact that MC had some interaction with another teacher, not married?

and the fact remains that she can't only think about Jill when she dumps MC, otherwise she'll take him home to party and ask him on a real date (with Jill unable to do so and left to have fun with Tybalt). she's highly hypocritical. she's worried that MC will hurt Jill with behaviour similar to what she did with Cathe, only with Cathe... she can't think of anyone else

if at that moment in the car it had been Bella who had cornered Mc and forced him or at least pushed him to leave her or Jill (and not the shameful "don't fight for her anymore" scene) wouldn't that have been more fair?

with the reboung guy issue, now even Sage could do something like that, he could disqualify MC for a relationship with another girl, like Josy with whom they cuddle in the HOTs garden, I think on the same bench where MC and Sage consolidated, more or less, their relationship

DarkLegions

Dec 16, 2018
What I wonder is, people always talk about the repercussion to the dick-pic on punchy-mac-punchfaces phone, yet what about the people who didn't do that, instead of talking about only the one choice like its the only choice, how about also talking about it from both angles.

don00769

Aug 5, 2019
Dunno what exactly is the problem, but be sure to use same type of updates as your previous version of the game (either both full version or both compressed version)

Also be sure to use same version number MOD's if you use any (7.2 is most current) ( always install mods last! )
If you use an older walkthrough mod then your current game you might get problems...

Hope that will help :)
THIS IS THE PROBLEM

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/season2/scripts/map_system/map_system.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/season2/scripts/map_system/map_system.rpy", line 5, in execute
NameError: name 'map_fast_travel' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_diks.rpyc", line 124, in script
g4 { 5G a v A p
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1387, in execute
renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1592, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2248, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\PC\Documents\BeingADIK-0.7.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/season2/scripts/map_system/map_system.rpy", line 5, in execute
File "<screen language>", line 5, in <module>
NameError: name 'map_fast_travel' is not defined

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
What I wonder is, people always talk about the repercussion to the dick-pic on punchy-mac-punchfaces phone, yet what about the people who didn't do that, instead of talking about only the one choice like its the only choice, how about also talking about it from both angles.
Your answer is in your question allready....
You have 2 choices, one has repercussions (something bad happens) the other doesn't... (nothing happens)

So if people talk about "X happens if you chose Y" the other angle simply is "X does not happen if you don't chose Y"

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
You have 2 choices, one has repercussions (something bad happens) the other doesn't... (nothing happens)

So if people talk about "X happens if you chose Y" the other angle simply is "X does not happen if you don't chose Y"
not leaving the dick pic on Tybalt's mobile phone has a consequence

If we're in realtion with Jill she writes us that she misses us, it's not a momentous consequence, but it's something.
Let's just say in general that there tend to be more punitive choices than rewards for doing the right thing (which at most bring some RP).

e.g. sharing Jade's video has a negative consequence, as yet unexplored and who knows if it ever will be, not doing so has virtually no effect

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020
I figured out who the real antagonist is. The actual enemy of the story will be:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

His revenge will be sweet.
You know what … you could be right bro… Never trust a guy with a mullet that the sign of a real evil mastermind! :unsure:

DarkLegions

Dec 16, 2018

And while that's true, I'm just saying, people talk about it like it's the ONLY option, and we still don't actually know yet what kind of repercussion there is for either of the two said choices, as in we don't know how good or bad a situation we are gonna end in due to uploading a dick-pic or not.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
e.g. sharing Jade's video has a negative consequence, as yet unexplored and who knows if it ever will be, not doing so has virtually no effect
Sharing Jade's video will get you 2 points for that DIK evaluation and the video somehow ends up on Stephen Burke's pc...
Not sharing it will result in Derek "jumping the Granny Grenade"....

By seeing both outcomes we can conclude it's likely Burke's Video is the same as the one you made and used as evidence for the DIK evaluation...

Reactions: asgardtipar2

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
And while that's true, I'm just saying, people talk about it like it's the ONLY option, and we still don't actually know yet what kind of repercussion there is for either of the two said choices, as in we don't know how good or bad a situation we are gonna end in due to uploading a dick-pic or not.
Because it's obvious there are no repercussions to not doing it, so there's nothing to discuss about that choice. But since Jill jealousy increases by two if you take the pic there may be serious repercussions to doing it.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

not leaving the dick pic on Tybalt's mobile phone has a consequence

If we're in realtion with Jill she writes us that she misses us, it's not a momentous consequence, but it's something.
Let's just say in general that there tend to be more punitive choices than rewards for doing the right thing (which at most bring some RP).

Sharing Jade's video will get you 2 points for that DIK evaluation and the video somehow ends up on Stephen Burke's pc...
Not sharing it will result in Derek "jumping the Granny Grenade"....

By seeing both outcomes we can conclude it's likely Burke's Video is the same as the one you made and used as evidence for the DIK evaluation...
Because it's obvious there are no repercussions to not doing it, so there's nothing to discuss about that choice. But since Jill jealousy increases by two if you take the pic there may be serious repercussions to doing it.
I think the Dick Pick was just something to get Jill riled up over, not something that will give the mc more problems with Tybalt (although Tybalt did say he figured it was the mc's cock, not sure how he knew, he only saw him flaccid).

The Jade movie (with Burke finding out about it at the end of episode 6) didn't even make a mention in ep7. Kinda disappointed there wasn't any fallout yet, but with Burke looking at it at the ep6 epilogue, I'm sure something will happen.

Not sure if Jill's jealously count was something just to determine different responses in that scene (where she cries in the restroom with Josy), or if it will have significance going forward (she gets too jealous and she may have to up the anti to win young Fuckface's heart).

You know what … you could be right bro… Never trust a guy with a mullet that the sign of a real evil mastermind! :unsure:

Holy shit! I have never seen this scene!

I have to admit, I never gave Derek's route the love it deserves, I simply struggle to not choose Sage's dorm to stay in (who could turn down all those HOTs to share a bed with Derek?)

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes