GPsarakis

Sep 28, 2019
At the college level you don't go to jail but as a teacher you might lose your job. I could be wrong but you don't hear about any legal cases were a professor hooks up with one of their students at a college or university.

Reactions: jaden_yuki

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
That case involved a High School student, not a college student. Note that I specified college level in my post.
Copied from YALE University Policy :

Policy on Teacher-Student Consensual Relations
The integrity of the teacher-student relationship is the foundation of the University’s educational mission. This relationship vests considerable trust in the teacher, who, in turn, bears authority and accountability as a mentor, educator, and evaluator. The unequal institutional power inherent in this relationship heightens the vulnerability of the student and the potential for coercion. The pedagogical relationship between teacher and student must be protected from influences or activities that can interfere with learning and personal development.

Whenever a teacher is or in the future might reasonably become responsible for teaching, advising, or directly supervising a student, a sexual relationship between them is inappropriate and must be avoided. In addition to creating the potential for coercion, any such relationship jeopardizes the integrity of the educational process by creating a conflict of interest and may impair the learning environment for other students. Finally, such situations may expose the University and the teacher to liability for violation of laws against sexual harassment and sex discrimination.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020

The integrity of the teacher-student relationship is the foundation of the University’s educational mission. This relationship vests considerable trust in the teacher, who, in turn, bears authority and accountability as a mentor, educator, and evaluator. The unequal institutional power inherent in this relationship heightens the vulnerability of the student and the potential for coercion. The pedagogical relationship between teacher and student must be protected from influences or activities that can interfere with learning and personal development.

Whenever a teacher is or in the future might reasonably become responsible for teaching, advising, or directly supervising a student, a sexual relationship between them is inappropriate and must be avoided. In addition to creating the potential for coercion, any such relationship jeopardizes the integrity of the educational process by creating a conflict of interest and may impair the learning environment for other students. Finally, such situations may expose the University and the teacher to liability for violation of laws against sexual harassment and sex discrimination.
That's a guideline and a college policy, not a law. You'll notice how vague the wording is. I'll also bet it's never been challenged in court because it's never been implemented in a dismissal. The only mention of Law is harassment and discrimination, which bears no resemblance to the Cathy situation.

Look if you and Ename can't put an argument together then at least please stop bothering me with these pathetic google searches.

• Angry
Reactions: Rammstein1

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017

Bruv you are arguing with DavDR, might as well try to convince a door.

Prokopije

Stupidity Exterminator
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Hello. Did locations of special renders changed? I'm playing from start, and in episode 5, two special renders are missing (Maya 4 and Mix last one). According to walkthrough (both, textual one and those attached screenshots special render guide ep7,6&5) they're supposed to be in library (down next to chair) and magazine over the table, but there's nothing like that. Table is completely empty, besides small plant on it and second one is missing too. :eek:

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Hello. Did locations of special renders changed? I'm playing from start, and in episode 5, two special renders are missing (Maya 4 and Mix last one). According to walkthrough (both, textual one and those attached screenshots special render guide ep7,6&5) they're supposed to be in library (down next to chair) and magazine over the table, but there's nothing like that. Table is completely empty, besides small plant on it and second one is missing too. :eek:
If you already have the renders unlocked you don't need to get them a second time.

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
Show me something that look's vaguely like an argument. The point was is it against the law in the US, well the answer to that is no.
Okay, I will tango, let's see if you can be genuine...

Are students and teachers (professors) equal? or is there a power dynamic between them?

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Okay, I will tango, let's see if you can be genuine...

Are students and teachers (professors) equal? or is there a power dynamic between them?
No they are not, and that does open a door to sexual harassment, which is against the law.

But this specific argument was about the relationship between MC and Cathy and whether it was illegal. Given what we've seen so far it doesn't look like sexual harassment to me.

That's also not to say that this relationship wouldn't cause a scandal, it probably would. But it does not look like a situation where Cathy would risk any legal problems, and her job would be protected under the law.

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
No they are not, and that does open a door to sexual harassment, which is against the law.

But this specific argument was about the relationship between MC and Cathy and whether it was illegal. Given what we've seen so far it doesn't look like sexual harassment to me.

That's also not to say that this relationship wouldn't cause a scandal, it probably would. But it does not look like a situation where Cathy would risk any legal problems, and her job would be protected under the law.
You refuse to answer the question, in an attempt to overrationalize the question and avoid culpability for your mistake, I conclude that you simply refuse to admit fault and will doctor the discussion in an endless loop until everyone is too tired to care.

I leave you with your first paragraph that proves everyone else's point. Good day sir.

Reactions: isotope

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Annnnyways.... moving on. I think there’s more to Bella’s issue with MC having hooked up with Cathy than her feeling “cheated” on. She’s being called a hypocrite and that it’s bad writing for her to be upset but whilst it’s true Bella is potentially doing something wrong by involving herself with MC whilst he’s involved with Jill I think it’s different... or at least it could be.

In the Bella/MC/Jill triangle it’s three people with legitimate feelings who got entangled due to errors in judgment. Bella never wanted this, she got caught up... doesn’t make what she’s doing right but it’s about intent.

When the MC fooled around with Cathy it was different. Bella said it herself in the reveal that she knew about Cathy... MC clearly isn’t serious about this and just chasing tail. There’s a difference between real honest feelings getting muddled up between three people and a guy being a horn dog.

Overall, from that scene, I don’t think Bella was upset he “cheated” on her, I think she was upset he was being a bit of a player. Hooking up with one girl in another girls car before going home to the latter girl and fooling around with her less than 24 hours later. I personally think Bella has grounds to be upset and rethink her relationship with MC. Yeah she’s in the wrong to potentially be involved with the same guy as her best friend behind said friends back but that doesn’t invalidate her change of feelings for the MC over the Cathy thing. It isn’t so much about what he did but who he is to be having casual sex with arguably vulnerable women in someone else’s car before returning home to two women he claimed to be emotionally involved with. I never took it as Bella feeling cheated on, I took it as her realising the MC wasn’t mature enough for her and doubting his intentions, especially as her marriage was on the line. It’s a short scene so I could easily be wrong but her superficial hypocrisy doesn’t make it bad writing, people are more complex than that.

May 9, 2017
Interesting debate. As I'm less familiar with the US academic system regulations not including my academic visits to my colleagues in US universities including some ivy ones. To be honest, my knowledge about fraternities and sororities is very limited.

Let me add my personal view on the matter. Many years ago (I am way over 50), I was an instructor (a PhD student), my students were a few years below me and above 18 (I was is my early twenties). I was engaged in long term sexual relationship with one female students (we were a couple for one year). Her friends who knew about it didn't make a fuss as it was quite normal (I wasn't a faculty member) and the age gap was negligible. She broke up with me as she felt that we got apart of each other. She was quite right and we ended up as friends with no negative emotions. About a year later (I was about 2/3 of my PhD studies), I was teaching a student that was ten leagues above me in terms of sexiness' and beauty (She looked like Camila from Being a DIK with Sage's breasts). Don't ask my why, but we hooked up. It was a summer fling. The sex was incredible and she was very adventurous. We went to a park, sat on the bench, and without warning, gave me a BJ, we had anal sex (This was my first time). She ended our relationship as she thought that she needed to find herself. Well, I was devastated for a while. Less of romantic feelings and more because I've became addicted to sex with her.

Years flew by, I met my wife (she looks like Maia from Being a DIK - Well she looked liked her 25 years ago minus three children). I became a university professor. To be honest, I below average on looks, my social skills are subpar. However, when I'm teaching a class, I am perceived as highly charming and charismatic (beyond class, none of it is true. I'm a regular person).

Did female students ogled me. Yes, because I'm the charming professor during lectures. Did I acted upon it, of course NOT!
Never had, never will for three reasons: 1st: Morally, I am happily married. I will not destroy my family for an affair. 2nd: In today's climate (since the 2000's, you have to be mad to get involved with a female student as you might be at risk of being accused of sexual harassment). 3rd: This is the highway to lose your job. No thank you. I worked hard to get to my position, I will not throw it away for some sexual urges.

I taught some gorgeous and sexy female students over the years. At most, I fantasized and masturbated while thinking of them. Still, it remained only a fantasy.

The code of conduct is very strict in every university that I've been in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Israel.

Is that mean that there are no professor-students relationship, of course not. There are probably some that I'm not aware of. However, when it explodes, that's the end of a career or being charged with sexual harassment charges. In both ways, you lose. In today's academic climate, I'm telling my PhD student to be very careful not find themselves in a tights position. I told them, female students in our department are like candles, you only admire them and looking at them. Female students from other faculties, colleges are ok to date as long as there is no risk of potential coercion.

So, for me, Being a DIK is a fantasy story of student's life that I never had a chance to experience. during my undergraduate studies years, I had a girlfriend.

That's my two cents and my perspective on this debate.

And a final anecdote to give a glance to who I am.

My flirting skills with women are those of Ebola virus. Most of my romantic relationships started as I was approached by women. To give you an example showing my lack of social skills. I was 18 years old at high-school. A gorgeous 17 years old from my high school invited me to her house for a date (She told her parents to go out and planned a romantic evening). She looked like Sage from being a DIK but with blonde hair and green eyes. We were lying on the carpet listening to music. She approached me. I did nothing. I froze. Was I stupid, yes! I didn't know how to react. Well, If I was the MC in Being a DIK, the result was different. The sad truth, I really offended her by my behavior. At that time, I didn't see that as my social skills were much worse and my understanding of the female specie was non existent.

YLuffy94

Feb 19, 2018
Just Downloaded Earlier and as soon as i get to the math test part at very beginning of game I get an Error notification and i cant ignore it or the game closes. Anyone able to help with this issue? id appreciate it

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Interesting debate. As I'm less familiar with the US academic system regulations not including my academic visits to my colleagues in US universities including some ivy ones. To be honest, my knowledge about fraternities and sororities is very limited.

Let me add my personal view on the matter. Many years ago (I am way over 50), I was an instructor (a PhD student), my students were a few years below me and above 18 (I was is my early twenties). I was engaged in long term sexual relationship with one female students (we were a couple for one year). Her friends who knew about it didn't make a fuss as it was quite normal (I wasn't a faculty member) and the age gap was negligible. She broke up with me as she felt that we got apart of each other. She was quite right and we ended up as friends with no negative emotions. About a year later (I was about 2/3 of my PhD studies), I was teaching a student that was ten leagues above me in terms of sexiness' and beauty (She looked like Camila from Being a DIK with Sage's breasts). Don't ask my why, but we hooked up. It was a summer fling. The sex was incredible and she was very adventurous. We went to a park, sat on the bench, and without warning, gave me a BJ, we had anal sex (This was my first time). She ended our relationship as she thought that she needed to find herself. Well, I was devastated for a while. Less of romantic feelings and more because I've became addicted to sex with her.

Years flew by, I met my wife (she looks like Maia from Being a DIK - Well she looked liked her 25 years ago minus three children). I became a university professor. To be honest, I below average on looks, my social skills are subpar. However, when I'm teaching a class, I am perceived as highly charming and charismatic (beyond class, none of it is true. I'm a regular person).

Did female students ogled me. Yes, because I'm the charming professor during lectures. Did I acted upon it, of course NOT!
Never had, never will for three reasons: 1st: Morally, I am happily married. I will not destroy my family for an affair. 2nd: In today's climate (since the 2000's, you have to be mad to get involved with a female student as you might be at risk of being accused of sexual harassment). 3rd: This is the highway to lose your job. No thank you. I worked hard to get to my position, I will not throw it away for some sexual urges.

I taught some gorgeous and sexy female students over the years. At most, I fantasized and masturbated while thinking of them. Still, it remained only a fantasy.

The code of conduct is very strict in every university that I've been in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Israel.

Is that mean that there are no professor-students relationship, of course not. There are probably some that I'm not aware of. However, when it explodes, that's the end of a career or being charged with sexual harassment charges. In both ways, you lose. In today's academic climate, I'm telling my PhD student to be very careful not find themselves in a tights position. I told them, female students in our department are like candles, you only admire them and looking at them. Female students from other faculties, colleges are ok to date as long as there is no risk of potential coercion.

So, for me, Being a DIK is a fantasy story of student's life that I never had a chance to experience. during my undergraduate studies years, I had a girlfriend.

That's my two cents and my perspective on this debate.

And a final anecdote to give a glance to who I am.

My flirting skills with women are those of Ebola virus. Most of my romantic relationships started as I was approached by women. To give you an example showing my lack of social skills. I was 18 years old at high-school. A gorgeous 17 years old from my high school invited me to her house for a date (She told her parents to go out and planned a romantic evening). She looked like Sage from being a DIK but with blonde hair and green eyes. We were lying on the carpet listening to music. She approached me. I did nothing. I froze. Was I stupid, yes! I didn't know how to react. Well, If I was the MC in Being a DIK, the result was different. The sad truth, I really offended her by my behavior. At that time, I didn't see that as my social skills were much worse and my understanding of the female specie was non existent.
In your experience what's it like when the teacher is a woman?

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
What are some of your other favourite adult games?

for me its: City of Broken Dreamers, Where the Heart is, AOA Academy

They are not as good as this game but still really fun

Reactions: asgardtipar2

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
In your experience what's it like when the teacher is a woman?
Shouldn't be much different, according to law men and women are equal.

As for the law it's a strange thing, we all have the same rights, sure there's some age related rights that are different or being married or other factors... Basicly the law excist to protect us.

As for ethical questions there's always some grey area, but as for a policy like the one i copied :

Im a social worker, i work with homeless, addicts, psychiatric patients, mentally handicapped you name it, i can't buy anything from them, i can't have sexual relations with them and a bunch more rules like that....
Is there any law agency actively looking if i do? no, but if i cross lines i can still be in trouble...
Most of all my boss can decide to dissolve my contract if he can proof my functioning suffers due to me not following the policy.
For instance i can buy a homeless paper (even if not on duty) but i can not buy a stolen bicycle (even if not on duty)

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes