RANGEL1455

May 8, 2021
You might have messed it up when patching the game. The instructions in the zip are misleading. If you actually replaced the entire content folder in the app with the one in the zip, the game will definitely not work. Only the game folder should be replaced.
Yes I think I did, the BeingADIK.app was 12GB before and now it's only 4GB so I think I replaced the original app for the patch only -.-'
I guess I'll have to install the new version and start again... Thank you anyway for your answers!

Reactions: PBS666

Icekatana

Jul 9, 2017
Any school enacting a rule like that would leave themselves open to a Civil Rights lawsuit, especially for a 'protected class' woman. Let's just say that DPC says that in his fantasy Duckburg world that things are different, although I do wish that if ignorant foreigners are writing a story set in the United States or a US like world they would take a minimum amount of time to educate themselves about our society and our culture.
Have you actually ever read the 1st Amendment? You should know that the protection is for people against the federal government. That's it. B&R is not a federal institution, it's a private school or perhaps a state school (I doubt state). They have their own codes of conduct and can fire or punish people for violating them.

Do you seriously think I can walk up to my boss and call her an "obtuse cunt" and then expect protection from the 1st Amendment? I can be fired on the spot. The 1st Amendment doesn't apply to private platforms.

I think you need to stop throwing stones, as you live in a glass house.

Pi Quantum

Jan 19, 2021
Very late to the party here, but I finally got around to playing 0.72 and it was everything I'd hoped for. Dr Pinkcake has hit the ball out of the park again and it was worth every second of the wait. The choices between the girls aren't getting any easier and the plot keeps getting murkier, so I have no idea how all this is going to end. Talk about a rollercoaster of a game!

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
You refuse to answer the question, in an attempt to overrationalize the question and avoid culpability for your mistake, I conclude that you simply refuse to admit fault and will doctor the discussion in an endless loop until everyone is too tired to care.

I leave you with your first paragraph that proves everyone else's point. Good day sir.
That is why I simply insulted him. Man is just... :FacePalm:

Reactions: LoDoN-

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
Aboslutely nothing in her behavior could have warned me, it's just the dev giving you the finger with that kind of prank!
Bullshit, you can see Bella jealous when you talk to Cathy. Its need to be blind to not see it. When I've played 1st time blind with no help I've noticed that for sure and rejected Cathy with no second thought - I was sure that its gonna be a problem with Bella.

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
It's just a prediction.

There is no evidence behind it.
Evidently, but I mean, sometimes during my play through, specially when the MC is reading his mother's diary, the thought of his mom being alive cropped up in my head.

Like she was VERY young when she ran away to his father, what if poverty changed her views, but she was already pregnant. So she decided to have the child, leave the child with the father and just peace out. The father never had the guts to confess to the child that his mother abandoned him and just invented the story of her death, so the boy wouldn't feel betrayed by his own mother.

I feel like at the end of the diary we are going to get some pretty major reveal and Lynette being alive would be a massive gut punch. She prefered wealth over her own child.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: diegao and Lokman00

SunWarrior

Jul 3, 2020
My game is fucked. I'm stuck on the tutorial for rebuilding the house. Adding john boy and nick gives me a soft lock, can't do anything.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Have you actually ever read the 1st Amendment? You should know that the protection is for people against the federal government. That's it. B&R is not a federal institution, it's a private school or perhaps a state school (I doubt state). They have their own codes of conduct and can fire or punish people for violating them.

Do you seriously think I can walk up to my boss and call her an "obtuse cunt" and then expect protection from the 1st Amendment? I can be fired on the spot. The 1st Amendment doesn't apply to private platforms.

I think you need to stop throwing stones, as you live in a glass house.
Actually that's not true. Have you ever heard of the civil right's act? If you own a business you can't just say that you don't want to serve certain people, or you can't say you won't hire certain people. And if you want to fire any of your employee's you better have a good, legal reason.

Also, that's not how the First Amendment works. Are you sure you are an American? Because you don't seem to understand this at all.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
This eventually doesn't seem to explain much about Bella's behaviour, does she want revenge on Jill in your opinion?
Bella doesn't take Jill's dates seriously cuz she knows Jill doesn't take it serious. Its gonna be a big drama in future if MC pursue Jill but for seventh episode Bella is ok with Jill (but only Jil)

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Evidently, but I mean, sometimes during my play through, specially when the MC is reading his mother's diary, the thought of his mom being alive cropped up in my head.

Like she was VERY young when she ran away to his father, what if poverty changed her views, but she was already pregnant. So she decided to have the child, leave the child with the father and just peace out. The father never had the guts to confess to the child that his mother abandoned him and just invented the story of her death, so the boy wouldn't feel betrayed by his own mother.

I feel like at the end of the diary we are going to get some pretty major reveal and Lynette being alive would be a massive gut punch. She prefered wealth over her own child.
Yes, her diary is a clear set up for something really big. If it wasn't it would've been finished in the episode it was introduced.

That's when the idea came in my head. Reading the diary.

Plus something about Neil, I don't trust him.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: diegao

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
Shouldn't be much different, according to law men and women are equal.

As for the law it's a strange thing, we all have the same rights, sure there's some age related rights that are different or being married or other factors... Basicly the law excist to protect us.

As for ethical questions there's always some grey area, but as for a policy like the one i copied :

Im a social worker, i work with homeless, addicts, psychiatric patients, mentally handicapped you name it, i can't buy anything from them, i can't have sexual relations with them and a bunch more rules like that....
Is there any law agency actively looking if i do? no, but if i cross lines i can still be in trouble...
Most of all my boss can decide to dissolve my contract if he can proof my functioning suffers due to me not following the policy.
For instance i can buy a homeless paper (even if not on duty) but i can not buy a stolen bicycle (even if not on duty)
That's a very simplistic interpretation of the law. For one thing, although men and women are indeed supposed to be equal it's also true that it can be extremely difficult to build a sexual harassment case against a woman. In divorce law women almost always are given preference in child custody.

Finally I was asking the poster about his particular experience in that field.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
The problem in that scene is someone sleeping in Bella's bed with her, not Jill specifically. It's a big deal for Bella.
Heee no !! this scene happens when you live at Bella's ( after the problem with Josy and Maya) and after you drove Cathy back home, you stay at Bella's with Jill.
You sleep on the couch and Bella and Jill are in Bella's bedroom and have some kind of weird discussion in the bed or fight about something that happened once and should not happen anymore, then Jill gets out and goes back to the couch to sleep close to you.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
She must have found the panties in her car Sunday or Monday morning. Because if you did Cathy Lewd scene, Bella doesn’t give you that little smile in the library and she doesn't talk to you after the "LiBrian" scene. View attachment 1208911 View attachment 1208916
Here's the timeline as I see it:
  • Saturday night, Week 2: MC drives Cathy home, fools around with her but leaves her panties in the car.
  • Tuesday afternoon, Week 3: Bella helps MC clean his room at the DIK Mansion. (No mention of panties)
  • Tuesday, Week 4: MC works at the library with Bella, resulting in the LiBrian scene (No mention of panties, but Bella acts differently depending on the panty scene).
  • Saturday, Week 4: MC and Bella play tennis with Jill and Tybalt. Bella will finally mention the panties.

So to make sense with the events we see, Bella would have had to overlook the panties for the first three-ish days, then find them within the next 6. That's seems plausible to me.

Also goddammit Cathy Why did you take off your panties for a blowjob!?! :mad:
View attachment 1208936
I mean I know that she’s sexually frustrated but its basic manners not to leave your underwear in someone else car! She could also have called Bella and tell her that she forgot something in her car and picked it up discreetly. But that's the game I guess :rolleyes:
I did think it was odd Cathy insisted on taking her panties off when the MC didn't do much to her. Now we know why.

This is why get nervous when Maya keeps saying she deleted the video of her threesome.

Any school enacting a rule like that would leave themselves open to a Civil Rights lawsuit, especially for a 'protected class' woman. Let's just say that DPC says that in his fantasy Duckburg world that things are different, although I do wish that if ignorant foreigners are writing a story set in the United States or a US like world they would take a minimum amount of time to educate themselves about our society and our culture.
No, creating a blanket rule and applying it to everyone is precisely how the school would defend itself from accusations of bias against a "protected classes." They need only argue that allowing any students and teachers (male or female) to have sexual relations creates obvious conflicts of interest and thus it is reasonable to forbid them entirely. vogelbeest already gave you a link to Yale's policy, and you can find similar ones with minimal effort.

Obviously B&R would need to have an actual policy to that effect to fire someone for violating it. But there's no reason they couldn't, and based on both Cathy's and Jade's comments, it seems likely they do. If you think it would be easy for Cathy to successfully sue B&R for such a firing, I invite you to find court decisions in favor of a teacher in similar circumstances.

Before you repeat that it's a school policy and not a law, so what? Being fired is generally regarded as a fairly serious consequence. The fact that a teacher wouldn't also do jail time is simply failing to add further harm.

Also, I think your understanding of civil rights is backwards. Protected classes were created by statute, not the Bill of Rights. Someone who sues an employer for discrimination is actually counting on the government to restrict the freedom of association of the company that fired them. One possible defense against such a suit is to argue that the legislature in question had no authority to pass such a statute in the first place. Something similar happened to large portions of the voting rights act a few years ago (though obviously that did not start with a matter of employment).

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes