shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yes, BaDIK is an adult game, so double entendres are not only expected, they're practically required. But am I the only one saying "That's what she said..." to game dialog that was probably not intended to be sexual?

Multiple cases in point:

View attachment 1218412
"That's what she said..."

View attachment 1218413

View attachment 1218417

View attachment 1218416

View attachment 1218414

The Less Obvious Ones:

View attachment 1218422

View attachment 1218415

Honorable Mentions:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not sure if any of those double entendres were intended, however to all the people who keep harping on how bad a writer DPC is, almost everything said in the game is gold. Each to their own of course, but this is the only game on this site that I haven't been even remotely tempted to start skipping dialogue on the first run.

Back to the double entendres, if DPC meant even half of them then he's just fucking awesome. :eek:

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
So...
Did anyone else get annoyed with some of the HoTs at the party in Ch7?
Several of them tell the *MC* not to fight. And that's victim shaming.

The first 2 fights with the jocks, they were clearly the aggressors. Worse yet, the first punch from both Dawe and Chad were chicken-shit shots from behind.
Caleb was a bit less blatant. But I think it's still fair to say he was the one that started it. MC just didn't back down.

I mean, the girls giving MC shit for those fights is, essentially, them saying he had no right to defend himself. Right?

I *really* wanted there to be a fairly aggressive chat option where the MC gives the girls shit for telling him not to fight instead of the assholes that always start the fight.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Icekatana

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Interesting I always thought that DPC was a Swede but now it makes more sense :unsure: DPC is hard-working (12–18 hours a day), very efficient, rarely goes on vacation, is always on time on his updates and he makes the best quality renders (Deutsche Qualität). So yeah it checks out ! But those are just stereotypes ! If I use the same logic then that means that the lazy ICSTOR could be Greek:LOL:
Or Turkish. Actually, I'd not be surprised if ICSTOR was one of my people indeed. He has the temperament.

DPC though, I think just does his research well.

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
So...

In the first 2 fights with the jocks, they were clearly the aggressors. Worse yet, the first punch from both Dawe and Chad was chicken-shit shots from behind.
Caleb was a bit less blatant. But I think it's still fair to say he was the one that started it. MC just didn't back down.

I mean, the girls giving MC shit for those fights are, essentially, them saying he had no right to defend himself. Right?

I *really* wanted there to be a fairly aggressive chat option where the MC gives the girls shit for telling him not to fight instead of the assholes that always start the fight.
Well to be fair the MC knowing the jocks don't see eye to eye with him, then he shows up I can see where the HOTs might want to just make it clear that they don't want him to fight. Hell, even some of the HOTs might not know the full story. I don't see them saying you started the fights, so don't do that here, but more like hey no fighting try to be respectful. At the end of the night, they just want to party and have a good time.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So...

The first 2 fights with the jocks, they were clearly the aggressors. Worse yet, the first punch from both Dawe and Chad were chicken-shit shots from behind.

I mean, the girls giving MC shit for those fights is, essentially, them saying he had no right to defend himself. Right?

They really only ply it on if the mc is a DIK (as in not a Chick), and you gotta ask yourself, why would a DIK show up on his own to a party filled with Jocks? He's looking for trouble!

When Heather threatens to throw the mc out if he fights in the kitchen, she's talking to everyone involved, not just the mc.

And in the confrontation with Alex, Mel tells Alex not to start something, not the mc.

The short answer is, no I don't think there was any victim shaming.

If anything it shows how tough the girls think the mc is, Lily even comes out and says it directly.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
They really only ply it on if the mc is a DIK (as in not a Chick), and you gotta ask yourself, why would a DIK show up on his own to a party filled with Jocks? He's looking for trouble!

When Heather threatens to throw the mc out if he fights in the kitchen, she's talking to everyone involved, not just the mc.

And in the confrontation with Alex, Mel tells Alex not to start something, not the mc.

The short answer is, no I don't think there was any victim shaming.

If anything it shows how tough the girls think the mc is, Lily even comes out and says it directly.
Hmm.. Haven't gotten to that point on my Sage (DIK) playthrough yet. Only my Josy & Maya and Jill/Bella saves, which both lean to the Chick side (but my MC still completed all fights against the Jocks).
So the game trigger for them telling MC to not fight isn't DIK/Chick points, it's the fights themselves. Good to know.
And since I've only seen that scene playing the MC as 'the nice guy that still stands his ground' I guess I was in a certain mind-set when I read it.
So it registered with me as them being bitches giving the nice guy shit for defending himself.
But... I still wanted there to be a "FU. I'll defend myself if they start shit again" chat option when talking to the girls at the front door. ;)

Heather. I'd have sworn she was only addressing the MC in that scene. Not everyone in the kitchen. I'll pay closer attention when I get then on my next run. Also, I've only seen that scene on the Chick path which she's hostile towards anyway.

Alex. A fair point.

Lily. Wasn't on my mental list of 'those that annoyed' ;)

Reactions: shazba

Hesteros

Feb 18, 2021
So...

Of course they would. They didn't want any fights to start and ruin their night. Besides, it's not just directed at the MC. When Heather said it, her words were also directed to Caleb and Darius. She would kick all three if a brawl began, regardless of who started it. With Melanie, she even addressed it to Alex specifically. She said nothing to MC. Chad then physically blocked him. Even if MC didn't defend Chad at the counsellors' office, he still told Alex to beat MC another day, just not at the party. I'm sure that if the situation was reserved (the DIKs were already at the party and a couple jocks decided to come), then they would still say the exact same thing.

Caleb didn't start shit. The jocks were willing to let the DIKs go that night. MC was the one who went to him and challenged him to a fight. He was hostile towards the DIKs because they were the assholes to him. His first ever encounter is them breaking the windows and (falsely) accusing the jocks of stealing the HOTs.

With Dawe and Chad, they did start the fight. That's why their fights were mandatory instead of major choices.

If MC chose to make the jocks leave then he can be a total asshole (like pushing Dawe into the pool). That was completely unnecessary.

Neither of the frats can be classified as the "good" guys. Both were acting like dickwads to the other.

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
So...

You can only fight the big guy if you CHOSE to fight the jocks in the gym. That's at least 2 fights that could have been avoided but you chose not to. The MC got kicked out of his room, maybe started a fight with his roommate. I am not sure if that has any influence (I think not), but his reputation to get into fights is not completely unearned.

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
You can only fight the big guy if you CHOSE to fight the jocks in the gym. That's at least 2 fights that could have been avoided but you chose not to. The MC got kicked out of his room, maybe started a fight with his roommate. I am not sure if that has any influence (I think not), but his reputation to get into fights is not completely unearned.
Standing your ground and retaliating isn't exactly the same as "getting into fights". I prefer a more neutral/chick mc, but I always pick the options to fight back against the bullies.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Standing your ground and retaliating isn't exactly the same as "getting into fights". I prefer a more neutral/chick mc, but I always pick the options to fight back against the bullies.
No, it's not the same but one led to the other. Did he get into a fight by standing his ground or not?
As long as you had the option to just walk away and not fight, and you chose not to, the reputation is perfectly justified.

Choices are a cool thing. We all want them, we want them to have consequences (in games). We just never wnat them to have BAD consequences.
I chose the fithts too and well, that reputation is a consequence of it. I might try at some point to avoid them, see if the hots react differently.
Of course in this whole scenario we must not forget that jocks and diks have a history of causing trouble when the meet each other and at THIS party the jocks were there first, so of course the "new" guy gets the speech.

Last edited:

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
No, it's not the same but one lead to the other. Did he get into a fight by standing his ground or not?
The first time it happened standing up to the jocks you get two options and while there are people who would say that those are the smart and the impulsive , I'd say it's more like the conflict avoidant and the gutsy one. Being conflict avoidant doesn't really make you smart or mature.

but alright I got it all figured out, it's like:

"Did you hear what happened, mc was bullied and got kicked around again and he didn't even try to run away... I know he is infamous for getting into fights."

:D

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
"Did you hear what happened, mc was bullied and got kicked around again and he didn't even try to run away... I know he is infamous for getting into fights."

:D
Yep, that sums it up, that's the CHIC way :)

I can recall only one single fight in the game that was not a direct consequence of what the MC did and that was getting beaten up before meeting Jill. I mean he KNEW he was getting into trouble when sneaking into the gym, right? He knew what would happen if he did and still did it.

Hermith

Feb 13, 2018
Yep, that sums it up, that's the CHIC way :)

I can recall only one single fight in the game that was not a direct consequence of what the MC did and that was getting beaten up before meeting Jill. I mean he KNEW he was getting into trouble when sneaking into the gym, right? He knew what would happen if he did and still did it.
Even that was a direct consequence because the mc just met Chad and Sage and for people like the alphas that's more than enough. You're right tho the mc should've known that the gym was basically enemy territory, but I'd say that didn't really matter because no matter the place or the time a pack of alpha cavemen would always find the excuse to bully someone they marked as a potential target.

Reactions: EmperorGus

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Even that was a direct consequence because the mc met Chad and Sage and for people like the alphas that's more than enough. You're right tho the mc should've known that the gym was basically enemy territory, but I'd say that didn't really matter because no matter the place or the time a pack of alpha cavemen would always find the excuse to bully someone they marked as a potential target.
Yes, you are absolutely right with that last statement (trust me, I've been there for all too many years, was about to quit because of it), even if bullies usually don't pick anyone who can actually fight back. But in this story it was the gym where he got into a fight by his own doing. Even if we ignore Hell Week, the MC did a lot of stupid sh** in this game and is quite a trouble maker - which is perfectly ok, that's the story - and I don't have any problem with people reacting to it.

Reactions: Hermith

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
But in this story it was the gym where he got into a fight by his own doing.
So... just by being there, it was 'his own doing'??
He was in a place open to the public.
The fact that it was a place he was likely to cross paths with jocks doesn't matter.
He had every right to be there.
If 'just being there' is justifications for getting attacked 4 on 1, then (and I get that this is a radical example) 'she was wearing a really short mini' is justification for rape.

Bottom line.
The jocks are bullies and the MC just stood his ground.
IMO that's not worthy of a reputation for being the one to start fights.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
So... just by being there, it was 'his own doing'??
Yes, he knew he was going to be in trouble and still did it.
It's not as it should be, but it's as it is.

Yes, the guys are bullies with everything that comes with it. If he KNOWS that ignoring that will lead to fights ... then by ignoring it and seeking the confrontation ... he is a guy who gets into fights.

Bottom Line: People don't care WHY you do what you do, they only care about the results of your action.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Hermith

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Heather. I'd have sworn she was only addressing the MC in that scene. Not everyone in the kitchen. I'll pay closer attention when I get then on my next run. Also, I've only seen that scene on the Chick path which she's hostile towards anyway.
Heather addresses MC if you decide to retort when Caleb tells you to leave. Before that, her words are aimed at all of you, even though she looks at MC but that's just because she thinks you're a creep anyway

If MC chose to make the jocks leave then he can be a total asshole (like pushing Dawe into the pool). That was completely unnecessary.
IMHO the only unnecessary thing was making Anthony leave and even then I always do that because, like, how stupid do you have to be to go from Big A to Ant, have you even seen ants? they are the opposite of big

• Haha
Reactions: Zirael Q and shazba

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
Yes, he knew he was going to be in trouble and still did it.
It's not as it should be, but it's as it is.

Yes, the guys are bullies with everything that comes with it. If he KNOWS that ignoring that will lead to fights ... then by ignoring it and seeking the confrontation ... he is a guy who gets into fights.

Bottom Line: People don't care WHY you do what you do, they only care about the results of your action.
The being there might lead to a verbal confrontation, some harsh words. Sure.
Not that he *knew* it would happen, but certainly a possibility.
*Knew* he would get jumped 4 on 1? MC can see the future and 'knows' that will happen and does it anyway?? No.

And even if he did know. That doesn't make MC the 'guy that starts fights'.
It's still the jocks that start it.
He's just the one to hold his ground. (And, frankly, that's smart. The old wisdom about running from bullies and they will just keep bullying is absolutely true. Standing your ground and giving them something to think about at least opens the possibility they'll rethink things. Or just move on to an easier target.)

Now, you're right about people often looking at the end result and not the cause. So the girls comments aren't exactly surprising.
But back in my post that started this discussion I said I was annoyed by it, didn't say surprised :p

The part about that scene that felt off to me was there wasn't an option for the MC to reply and, rather forcefully, remind the girls that it was the jocks that start shit so they should go talk to them.
Something along the lines of: "Ya know, I'm getting really sick of getting blamed for that shit. They're the ones that attacked me. So go tell them I'm here and not to start any fights."

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Indeed, mother's maiden name is exactly the sort of esoteric information that's expected in the modern world.

If we wanted to be as generous as possible, Neil might have been able to hide all the requisite documents from the MC if he was really dedicated to manipulating the MC; the MC seems happy to defer to him. But that's completely at odds with the way Neil handled the MC's inheritance. It would also require an inhuman lack of curiosity from the MC growing up.

At a certain point you just have to accept that the most likely explanation is the most likely explanation: the MC knows Lynette's last name, even if we won't learn it until it becomes relevant.
but even in this case MC knows his mother's surname, at most he knows a false one given to him by Neil.

And we don't even know the surname of MC..... Did Neil hide that from him too?

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It's a never ending feud:
  • Sage is angry at Chad because she thinks Chad is cheating so she asks mc to help
  • Chad is aggressive to mc because he thinks he's after his girl (he's right :ROFLMAO:)
  • Dawe wedgies mc because he's on Chad's side
  • The Jocks steal the mc's guitar (we don't really know the motive behind that whole deal)
  • Jocks smash DIKs windows because they think they are stealing their girls
  • Mc "trespasses" on Jock "territory" to help Sage (he knows he's in the wrong, that's why he's sneaking about)
  • Dawe attacks MC for "trespassing" on Jock "territory"
  • mc smashes all Jocks because they are fuckheads (sorry Anthony, you gonna hang with those turds you're gonna be labeled a turd)
  • Chad attacks mc because he thinks he's blackmailing him
  • MC destroys Chad's face because Chad attacked him
  • DIKS smash jocks windows because they think they stole their girls back (and for original smashing attack)
  • Caleb intimidates DIKs because he's a monster and because he has been told of their rivalry
  • Mc pounds Caleb because he needs to be taken down a notch
  • Mc conspires to get all the Jocks kicked out of the HOT's party (including pushing Dawe into the pool)
Basically this shit started years before the mc came to college, the fact that Chad is cool towards the mc if the mc defends him when he's being punished by Burke might mean things may actually become civilized, but do we really want that? :unsure:

We still need a showdown between Caleb and the MC, and Dawe needs to be buried, but the DIKs are far from innocent, the mc included.

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes