Daver

Jan 24, 2019
Maya loves MC and we can pinpoint the moment when she had realized it

During first weekend MC tells Maya he is going out on a date with Josy .
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
MC asks her if she's jealous and maya gets akward and cute

You can comfort Maya at this point giving her kiss on a cheek and then MC goes out .

MC goes back inside and she jumps him .

But it looks like split second before she kisses him she realized she is in relationship already and it's not with MC .

She composes her self at this point . Probably hoping it's enough to sabotage his date.

Maya is very underrated character .

I guess someone could argue that this isnt love yet but a crush ,
and it develops into love later (even if MC friendzones her ).
And i'd say that it is a good point . But she went later from crush to love
without almost any effort on MCs part .
Starting from now I need an only-Maya-route

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
Sure it wasn't a reassuring happy ending, but i think it was the perfect ending for the story. The protagonist buried himself in the grave he dig just being incapable of simply speaking the truth and explaining himself. Actually i think it's quite a commentary on japanese closure toward relationships.
Let's remember that all the craziness of that story began because the protagonist could no longer go on a date with the girl he liked, and it wasn't even his fault. All he had to do was to tell the girl that her sister cut his free saturday so they had to catch up on another occasion. Not a big deal. But the protagonist is a terminal paranoid who just can't speak his mind.
That will happen to you when you live under duress. Remember this teenager was being abused and humiliated every single day of his high school life, and paranoia is a pretty common symptom for people living in authoritarian states. It's quite evident his self-loathing for the things he did during incarceration, so I still think it was uncalled to just blow it up by the ending. Don't get me wrong I don't think he should've dated the normal girl (used to be anyway), but Hana was right there my man.

You might be right about the social commentary of the dying Japanese dating market (herbivore men and the like), but I still feel that ending was unfulfilling, just a sad ending where the MC pisses himself in front of both his love interests, while one doesn't acknowledge his feelings, the other is repulsed by his behavior. Just sad overall.

Reactions: Machete

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
i didnt o_O... i was focused on Bellas huge boobies at the time . they are really bouncy :sneaky:
I was wondering what for Troy is in the story before saw the ep 7 ending.

As we all know DPC doesn't bothers much with male models but he definitely put an efforts in Troy's model. What for? Now we know what for.
Every male model, who DPC put efforts in, plays some role in the story (same as female ofc).

• Red Heart
Reactions: The Pink Royce

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Hmm, maybe I remember wrong, but this whole Maya asking for your help thing is kind of exaggerated a little.
The only time she specifically ask for help is really after the cum-petition. Every other Time the MC is kind of automatically offering her to help .
if you're smoking and I tell you I've run out of cigarettes, then you decide whether or not to offer me a cigarette, but I'm the one who asked you even without doing so

Likewise, when Maya tells you how she needs this free tuition, or how impossible it is for her to complete the scavenger hunt, she is asking for your help.
Yes. If we can't agree on the most simple issues, i have no hope of an agreement in the most complex one. So leave it in that.

Really? Maya is not interested in the MC?
at that point in the story Maya is at most intrigued by MC, but still a committed lesbian girl if she doesn't want to share anything personal should at least say she's not interested, shouldn't she?

Otherwise she's testing the ground, and since if Mc does it he's a horny dog, if Maya does it's not so much better

Reactions: DavDR and mindern

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
If you think about it she is the one with a pierced tongue and not Josy, but that just means she was treated so badly in her family she tends to cling to others and do pretty much anything for them as long they accept and comfort her.
This line of yours sounds like Maya is a slut. So, if Quinn really agreed to pay tuition fee or paid it for Maya as in comforting her and asks Her to become a part of restaurant, she will do it happily with a big smile. What you said, was satisfied in this case, Quinn comforted her and Maya did "pretty much anything" for her.

I know that this is not at all what you are trying to say, But look at the misunderstanding it caused, by this you are just insulting Maya's fans....*me included*

Now the main reason why I wrote the Quinn thing was that Maya had her tongue pierced only because of Josy who she loved deeply. She doesn't like Quinn so no, she won't do something like that for Quinn. She won't do anything for MC like that, unless she trusts him. You should express your views here, after all it's a discussion platform but you need to be careful about the words you use.

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
Good lord, this is going to take me a while to go through... first playthrough lasted almost a week. :eek:

Also, I wonder how many bad jokes about burning to death there are in this thread.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
at that point in the story Maya is at most intrigued by MC, but still a committed lesbian girl if she doesn't want to share anything personal should at least say she's not interested, shouldn't she?

Otherwise she's testing the ground, and since if Mc does it he's a horny dog, if Maya does it's not so much better
I am lost. She is intrigued but not interested. Is this some modern argot i dont knoow?.
Couse in my language this has no sense.

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
That will happen to you when you live under duress. Remember this teenager was being abused and humiliated every single day of his high school life, and paranoia is a pretty common symptom for people living in authoritarian states. It's quite evident his self-loathing for the things he did during incarceration, so I still think it was uncalled to just blow it up by the ending. Don't get me wrong I don't think he should've dated the normal girl (used to be anyway), but Hana was right there my man.

You might be right about the social commentary of the dying Japanese dating market (herbivore men and the like), but I still feel that ending was unfulfilling, just a sad ending where the MC pisses himself in front of both his love interests, while one doesn't acknowledge his feelings, the other is repulsed by his behavior. Just sad overall.
I was team Hana myself. They would have been quite a couple and there clearly was a dynamic between the two. By the way it was a kind of an open ending. No reason to exclude that, somehow, the two got togeter eventually. When Hana boicot the meeting between the Protagonist and the other girl, she was basically setting her territory.

Reactions: LoDoN-

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
Maya loves MC and we can pinpoint the moment when she had realized it

During first weekend MC tells Maya he is going out on a date with Josy .
MC asks her if she's jealous and maya gets akward and cute

You can comfort Maya at this point giving her kiss on a cheek and then MC goes out .

MC goes back inside and she jumps him .

But it looks like split second before she kisses him she realized she is in relationship already and it's not with MC .

She composes her self at this point . Probably hoping it's enough to sabotage his date.

Maya is very underrated character .

I guess someone could argue that this isnt love yet but a crush ,
and it develops into love later (even if MC friendzones her ).
And i'd say that it is a good point . But she went later from crush to love
without almost any effort on MCs part .
I remember while playing this bit and thinking of a scene in friends where Rachel kisses Ross, so he wouldn't forget her during his son's play date with a stripper mom. I was shocked by Maya's aggressiveness, pleasantly might I add.

Starting from now I need an only-Maya-route
Why want chocolate when you can have Chocolate & Vanilla (M&J). But yeah DPC I'M WATCHING NO TOMFOOLERY THIS TIME!

I was team Hana myself. They would have been quite a couple and there clearly was a dynamic between the two. By the way it was a kind of an open ending. No reason to exclude that, somehow, the two got togeter eventually. When Hana boicot the meeting between the Protagonist and the other girl, she was basically setting her territory.
A man can dream. Hopefully, you're right tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Machete

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
You are totally right, but I think she still has a long way to go. If you think about it she is the one with a pierced tongue and not Josy, but that just means she was treated so badly in her family she tends to cling to others and do pretty much anything for them as long they accept and comfort her.

Don't get me wrong, I love Maya's character, but that doesn't mean that she can stand on her own, at least for now. Of course slowly but surely she is getting there and I can't wait to see more of her storyline.
We should remember that Josy & Maya's path branches into 2 different stories: when Josy's dad comes to see her you MUST choose to follow Josy or Maya. This is the point where you decide whether Josy comes first or Maya comes first.

I wholeheartedly recommend to save here and create 2 gamesaves: "Maya first" and "Josy first", because there are a few points in which you will have to give preference to Maya over Josy or Josy over Maya.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I am lost. She is intrigued but not interested. Is this some modern argot i dont knoow?.
Couse in my language this has no sense.
those are not really synonyms... being interested presupposes a feeling, being curious/intrigued does not.

but then I explained that even if she was interested in MC (I don't think so but it doesn't matter) being a lesbian and committed she would have to dissuade him anyway, not being selfishly silent

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We should remember that Josy & Maya's path branches into 2 different stories: when Josy's dad comes to see her you MUST choose to follow Josy or Maya. This is the point where you decide whether Josy comes first or Maya comes first.

I wholeheartedly recommend to save here and create 2 gamesaves: "Maya first" and "Josy first", because there are a few points in which you will have to give preference to Maya over Josy or Josy over Maya.
No, you actually make the choice when you talk to Derek.

Whoever you follow at that time only buys RPs.

Heycock

Jun 30, 2020
those are not really synonyms... being interested presupposes a feeling, being curious/intrigued does not.

but then I explained that even if she was interested in MC (I don't think so but it doesn't matter) being a lesbian and committed she would have to dissuade him anyway, not being selfishly silent
In my language are not synonyms, but to be intrigued means you are interested.
Anyway, why? You think she should had shoot him down couse he had no chance. The problem is that is quite obvious he had. So again, really?

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes