vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Flashback makes much more sens(at least to me) than adding another,unrelated person,and Tommy`s arm holding,being an effect of unrelated drug use.

Agree with the first point - making sure your audience knows it is a flashback,is a good idea,otherwise you`re risking ending up CONFUSING your audience ;)
Second point is not a rule of thumb,different visual effect can but don`t have to be applied,it usually is used as one of the means of letting the audience know that it is a flashback.
And again, you are wrong. I gave you those two rules because DPC is using them in this very game. Only n00b dev would change something as important as the way he/she depicts flashbacks.

When MC's dad doing a flashback story, we see MC's mum and her father as characters with empty scenes - just white or black background.

But, let's say DPC forgot how to be a professional and he decided to completely change the way he depicts certain things.

So, lialialia202020 is obsessed with the idea that the scene was a flashback of the time Tommy first time took the drug... Should I mention a well-known thing that Tommy was junkie probably since kindergarten - and we know that from Josy? Or should I point you to watch that scene and tell me when he did take a drug? Because we didn't see that.

But, we're going even further with accusing DPC of being complete n00b - after he already changed the way, in the middle of the game, how to show flashbacks. Let's say everything above is true, although, by now, it should be clear it's a completely unlogical mess.

So, DPC forgot how he did flashback before and he is giving us a flashback of Tommy's first time taking drug?! I won't even mention illogical dialogue with Quinn. No - you just accused DPC of not being able to tell the story.

When you're doing flashbacks, they're important for the story, for MC... And here? Who cares about Tommy's first drug use?! That's absolutely unimportant to the story. By that logic, 0.3 could start with the scene when Riona first time swam in the sea.
Or in James Bond movie - after 007 kills some bad guy, we would get a flashback of that guy last holidays when he was skiing in the Alps.

Do you see how nonsensical that is?

ANUBIS969

Dec 9, 2017
Yeah that's Lisa from Become A Rockstar :love: and I agree with you about Maya out of all the girls she has great potential as girlfriend material she has that nice sweet innocence to her :) and no problem glad to hear you're enjoying the game (y)
Lisa is a real Dreamgirl *-* :love:
i pray that we become soon a update for Rockstar *-*
oh and thanks. You are realy kind :)

DaRealTinTin

Jun 12, 2019
2. flashbacks look different than regular scenes - in this case, a flashback shows character with a white or black background.
Second point is not a rule of thumb,different visual effect can but don`t have to be applied,it usually is used as one of the means of letting the audience know that it is a flashback.
When best dad talked about his wife, we were given a white cloudy background, that is one affect used
When Tommy explained the story of why they hate the jocks, it was a black n white background, that is another effect used
So i agree with vir_cotto, a flashback is shown with white or black background, and should be used so we are aware its a flashback

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
He's planning something that doesn't and won't exist? That's interesting :unsure:
Exactly! Superinteretsting! I've already expecting postcards from their honeymoon. Now that we've seen Quinn in her wedding dress i can totally understand name88. A bit jealous too. I hope i'll be invited. I wanna have a taste of the cake.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
And again, you are wrong. I gave you those two rules because DPC is using them in this very game. Only n00b dev would change something as important as the way he/she depicts flashbacks.

When MC's dad doing a flashback story, we see MC's mum and her father as characters with empty scenes - just white or black background.

But, let's say DPC forgot how to be a professional and he decided to completely change the way he depicts certain things.

So, lialialia202020 is obsessed with the idea that the scene was a flashback of the time Tommy first time took the drug... Should I mention a well-known thing that Tommy was junkie probably since kindergarten - and we know that from Josy? Or should I point you to watch that scene and tell me when he did take a drug? Because we didn't see that.

But, we're going even further with accusing DPC of being complete n00b - after he already changed the way, in the middle of the game, how to show flashbacks. Let's say everything above is true, although, by now, it should be clear it's a completely unlogical mess.

So, DPC forgot how he did flashback before and he is giving us a flashback of Tommy's first time taking drug?! I won't even mention illogical dialogue with Quinn. No - you just accused DPC of not being able to tell the story.

When you're doing flashbacks, they're important for the story, for MC... And here? Who cares about Tommy's first drug use?! That's absolutely unimportant to the story. By that logic, 0.3 could start with the scene when Riona first time swam in the sea.
Or in James Bond movie - after 007 kills some bad guy, we would get a flashback of that guy last holidays when he was skiing in the Alps.

Do you see how nonsensical that is?
No man,lialialia202020 is not obsessed with the flashback,it`s something he proposed and it`s a theory that does make logical sens.You on the other hand are obsessed with making Quinn look like she`s the Lucifer himself - I promise I`m not shitting on you - you will add or extract any elements necessery to make your point stand,this is what you constantly do,you accused her of things that aren`t even hinted in the slightest,more than that,some of your accusation contradicted what is in the story.Whenever I point that out,you accuse me of claiming Quinn is pure and innocent.
He`s noob enough to not see Quinn`s potential.Good and talented dev,he offers much more than most other creators,yes but immune to mistakes?No.

Look at what you wrote fren,you use DPC`s style of storytelling,to claim a theory is illogical as far as the story goes....No,as far as the story goes the flashback theory makes perfect logical sens.

Quinn convincing Tommy is one good point that you made,one that also can be explained away - maybe he never did the needle?Maybe it was Quinn that proposed the alliance and Tommy is still pondering on it?

"When you're doing flashbacks, they're important for the story, for MC... And here? Who cares about Tommy's first drug use?! That's absolutely unimportant to the story. By that logic, 0.3 could start with the scene when Riona first time swam in the sea.
"

That`s an example of the wizardry that you do fren.
It might work on weaker minds but not on a maderfaking sith lord.
Riona swimmig has no relation to anything,it`s not important.
Establishing Quinn`s and Tommy`s relation,the nature of it,is very important,it`s something that has a potential of being the central point of most of the drama to come.
Let`s try this way - if it`s a flashback,it`s not important,if it`s not a flashback,it suddenly is? - that is illogical.

4.80 star(s) 1,502 Votes