Nattrack

Jul 2, 2021
I can forgive this dev for not having writing on par with Wild hunt & Arkham City but even so this game has better writing than 98% of AAA games.
I can forgive too. That's why I play this game. But, why is a bad thing to ask for higher quality standards in erotic games? Specially since this one aspires to be kind of an AAA among erotic games, being offered in Steam (like Wild Hunt and Arkham City). Is not something that would benefit all of us?

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Yeah, you don't see all the plot twits about the MC, Maya and Josy, and even Tommy, like something typical of a Soap-Opera. But I do. A Venezuelan or Colombian soap-opera. Ugly Betty, Pasion de Gavilanes... something like that. A "culebrón" (huge snake) as we call in Spain that kind of cheap, totally absurd, and extremely long soap-operas that old ladies love to see in TV after lunch with a coffee and a cigarrette.

Now, lets see what is going to happen with the mother of the MC and the Roices. That is going to be huge, too.

Actually, the premise of this game is based in arquetypes of soap-operas and cheap TV movies. The Jocks have ripped bodies, but are stupid. The nerds only think in studying and "dungeons and dragons", the rich guys are snob, classists and don't have any empathy (except Jill, of course, the archetype of the good rich girl that fights against social class prejudices)... The DIKS are hooligans, but at the end of the day, they have good hearts.... I could continue. Another example: the treatment of homosexuality could not be more archetypal and stereotyped, according with 2021 standards and prejudices. The love story of the two lesbians only can be sweet and inspiring. The love story of the two Jocks only can be tragical... Archetypes already seen in a million of movies, TV series, comics, videogames, etc.

Don't get me wrong: I enjoy a lot this game. But I don't thing it´s great writing. The dev is just a guy that has seen a lot of TV when child and young.
I agree that the script in the game is more like a fan-fiction. But I'm not asking for more from an erotic game. The goal of any adult game is to cause arousal , not to love the characters. The game copes with this by 100%

Reactions: yeesssss

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
But, why is a bad thing to ask for higher quality standards in erotic games? Specially since this one aspires to be kind of an AAA among erotic games, being offered in Steam (like Wild Hunt and Arkham City). Is not something that would benefit all of us?
there's no need to ask for it cause there already are avns with better writing than BaD, but from what I saw from them they have little sexual content so they don't make that much money.

I guess people value sex, comedy & fun relationships more than they do intricate plots with great drama in them.

Last edited:

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
there's no need to ask for it cause there already are vns with better writing than BaD, but from what I saw from them they have little sexual content so they don't make that much money.

I guess people value sex, comedy & fun relationships more than they do intricate plots with great drama in them.
Or they can just read a book if they desire a great story like most neurotypical adults.

All of the popular AVNs understand the balance between lewd and story content; the VNs with all story and no/bad/minimal lewds barely make a blip and never grow beyond a cult following.

Like ive been saying, the majority of VN consumers dont give a damn about slow burns and they express that with their wallets. Eventually devs will come to understand this.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
I get the feeling Tommy wants MC to plug Heather. He is already at ease with MC looking at her nude and T&H have an odd semi-open relationship. Now that Tommy is one up on Heather, I think he would be ok with Heather evening the score with MC if they all agree to it first...which makes it much less appealing for me. Still have to go for it anyway to complete the cuck Tommy trifecta...Josy/Quinn/Heather. It's a shame DPC hasn't introduced Tommy's mom. :devilish:
tommy is actually +3 on Heather so he might be willing to do a trade off of those +3 for the MC with heather!

But my strong suspicion is that he will set up the MC to fuck up his relationship with Josy and at the same time either get the MC kicked out of the DIK`s or get him a notch down like he probably did with Vinnie! we all assume Vinnie to be the villain but i strongly suspect vinnie was snitched on!

i had an entire theory that tommy knew about the MC and only connected the dots when Derek the idiot talked about what the MC was doing during their 1st weekend of college!

in my theory his memory was jump started by seeing Maya and remembering Josy and he remembered the MC from he dropped off or picked up Josy! So when Derek blurted out our MC had to naked jump trough a window instead of filling up Josy like she had asked because derek talks to much and Tommy is a dirty snitching rat!

Also shazba plenty of surprise twists to come come on we all know our jaws will drop when Maya introduces the MC to her mom and its that skank from the Milf bar, she just looks younger but she is 41 and not 31! or ofc whe Sage confronts Stephen Burke and says "but why daddy? don´t you love me?"! ok that last one might have been a bit too kinky i mean she is his daughter not his side bitch!

Reactions: dalli_x

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It's not so surprising that siblings go to the same college, they certainly go to the same elementary and high schools. The only difference is not all family members aspire to college.

I can't think of any reason for Mel to give a shit about Chad's homosexual relationship unless she was related to either him or Troy, and my money is on Troy over Chad (it could be Sarah that's related, but I think she's in the know due to being Mel's close friend).

Maybe Mel's just really good friends with Chad or Troy, or both of them. I mean Melanie chatting with Chad and Alex at the party shows she has a closer relationship with Chad than we'd expect.

But given it seems extremely likely Mel's aware of Chad's relationship with Troy before the big reveal (or even before the breakup), that kinda means she has a closer relationship (at least trust wise) than even Sage has with Chad.

If a girl has a closer relationship with a guy than even his girlfriend has, then there's gotta be blood relations in there somewhere.

That, or Mel and/or Sarah just randomly stumbled into Chad and Troy's relationship and they just wanna help them out. That seems a little lame though...

Nope, Mel is Troy's sister.
the question is not if it's possible or not, it could be that BR is a college entirely populated by brothers and half-brothers, but if it's the case to keep on using the same stratagem to create relationships between the different characters without having to explain anything, it seems to me a very lazy way to go.

Melanie's role is completely superfluous for now, Chad could leave Sage without any external push, why would he keep wanting to keep her tied to him?

in such a microcosm it's normal that the legend of aunt Jill has survived for so long, she's rich, her sister died, who can she be if not MC's aunt? and Nora is Josy's mother, and Tybalt is Sage's half brother etc..

staying with the story told: the DIKs and HOTs know that MC had a problem with Troy, it doesn't seem credible to me that none of them know he's Melanie's brother and tell MC, even if only to prevent him from beating him up... ok that in BADIk the surname is the most secret information in the world...

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
You know guys... its playing through stuff like College Kings thats makes me appreciate devs like DPC more and more.

Also, considering DPC pace, I'd bet around Halloween its the set date. If he has everything planned out and just needs to set and render stuff, its should not take much longer than that, considering he has good tools to render the scenes quite fast.

poarvl

Jul 28, 2019
Just lunched a game and already love it!
This first couple minutes of the game a sure was garte. xD

P.S.: over 7k pages of comments... Deaaaam... >.<

seniorboop

Jun 5, 2021
Summer's gone is making almost 3 grand a month.
Mate that VN has only managed to put out 3 updates over 2 years and pulls in less a month than I did with my first job out of college.

AOA Academy is less than a year old with more patrons and monthly income than SG.

Your favorite slow burn VN is trash, hardly makes enough to be profitable, and will likely be abandoned before its conclusion for the reasons stated.

Im sorry to inform you of this. Highly profitable slow burn VNs do not exist.

Jul 12, 2021
New to this site, but not to the game.
First bought S1 on Steam after playing Acting Lessons, and then went to his Patreon and have been subscribed since Ep 5 release. Easily the best all round AVN going today imo- whether it's writing, the render quality and animations, the music, the lewd scenes- there are other games doing better on one or two of these aspects, but I haven't seen another game as well rounded on all fronts as BaDIK.

Makes sense why DPC is making bank on Patreon as well.

Anyway, my fav girls are Quinn, Sage and Maya- I also love Lily and think her arc has a lot of potential, esp with a power struggle against Quinn slowly brewing.

Over 7000 pages of discussion already lol, not surprised.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
Mate that VN has only managed to put out 3 updates over 2 years and pulls in less a month than I did with my first job out of college.

AOA Academy is less than a year old with more patrons and monthly income than SG.

Your favorite slow burn VN is trash, hardly makes enough to be profitable, and will likely be abandoned before its conclusion for the reasons stated.

Im sorry to inform you of this. Highly profitable slow burn VNs do not exist.
slow burn lewd scenes + slow updates, that's a recipe for disaster

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
the question is not if it's possible or not, it could be that BR is a college entirely populated by brothers and half-brothers, but if it's the case to keep on using the same stratagem to create relationships between the different characters without having to explain anything, it seems to me a very lazy way to go.

Melanie's role is completely superfluous for now, Chad could leave Sage without any external push, why would he keep wanting to keep her tied to him?

in such a microcosm it's normal that the legend of aunt Jill has survived for so long, she's rich, her sister died, who can she be if not MC's aunt? and Nora is Josy's mother, and Tybalt is Sage's half brother etc..

staying with the story told: the DIKs and HOTs know that MC had a problem with Troy, it doesn't seem credible to me that none of them know he's Melanie's brother and tell MC, even if only to prevent him from beating him up... ok that in BADIk the surname is the most secret information in the world...
I want to think that Melanie probably was just Troy ex-girlfriend who he eventually told about Chad (or she found out it on her own). Maybe she was just a curtain like Sage to Chad.

But there is question in the air - why is she keeping his secret? Derek keeping Maya's secret is understandable pretty much; I have a younger sister too whose (not so big) secrets I've kept. But why Melanie did it? :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba
4.80 star(s) 1,527 Votes