Englen

Mar 17, 2019
This is going to be a amazing scene but could really backfire big time if the tape gets out. I wounder what lead Sage to want to do a sex tape, is she really that kinky or is this how she going to get back at Chad or a bit of both. Hope MC brings his best for her wouldn't want another 2 out 5.
Its not a gonna be scene in the game, its a special render for the rewards gallery.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
oh and Onlyfans Banning Adult content, pray for God that Patreon won't decide to Ban Adult content, because he is then Fucked, so it is really good idea to going after the fans ? the Supporters? . :unsure:
if he lurking here you know I'm right :cool:. and if you decide to punish me out of pettiness by Fucking up Josy, know this , all you achive is I won't buy your game, so you lose a potential costumer, becasue I'm a costumer, not consumer :ROFLMAO:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
oh and Onlyfans Banning Adult content, pray for God that Patreon won't decide to Ban Adult content, because he is then Fucked, so it is really good idea to going after the fans ? the Supporters? . :unsure:
if he lurking here you know I'm right :cool:. and if you decide to punish me out of pettiness by Fucking up Josy, know this , all you achive is I won't buy your game, so you lose a potential costumer, becasue I'm a costumer, not consumer :ROFLMAO:
That would have serious ramifications for not only Being a DIK, but all future adult visual novels in development. Fortunately, we have a backup in Subscribestar, but I don't like this trend of adult content being banned from subscription-based adult platforms. If the backups fall too, then the number of quality AVNs like BaDIK would plummet. Although a lot of devs create these games first as passion projects, make no mistake...they want that income too. If popular enough, they can quit their jobs just like DPC did when BaDIK took off.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
And if you want to liken DPC to Tybalt, I'd liken the petulant response from people here to that of the mc when he finds out Josy and Maya are together, after he'd fucked, fingered, been jerked off, been sucked, or blown his load over 10 other girls.
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the way Assman reacted to the Maya & Josy twist? Does it make him look like an emotional lesbian? Absolutely. But it plays into his acting on impulse character trait and it humanized him. The lad is already pretty good looking athletic martial artist with massive penis who's also good at guitar, you gotta give him one or two flaws to make him interesting and not just another Gary Stu

Reactions: Ostap Bender

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the way Assman reacted to the Maya & Josy twist? Does it make him look like an emotional lesbian? Absolutely. But it plays into his acting on impulse character trait and it humanized him. The lad is already pretty good looking athletic martial artist with massive penis who's also good at guitar, you gotta give him one or two flaws to make him interesting and not just another Gary Stu
The problem here is that it wasn't done in a realistic way. There were ways to have the same outcome (moving out, and keeping a distance from the girls for a bit), without MC coming across as a whiny little bitch, completely out of character. All the while, he was the one two-timing and probably even doing lots of other girls on the side. Not to mention Josy told him about her relationship before.

Y'all seem to be forgetting a very important tidbit...
While this is mainly true. Even if this thread were shut down, the simple fact is that it would not prevent the piracy of his game. And even if it did, it wouldn't really increase his income by any significant margin if at all.
Developers and business would like to think that all pirated instances represent missed revenue, but the truth is that a majority would just not have paid either way. Meanwhile, someone playing a pirated copy could like the game and show it to friends, increasing exposure and potentially leading to more actual sales.
There are exceptions of course, but most of the time it's because the game wasn't good enough to begin with. I for one, only support games which I've liked enough to feel they've earned it. This is especially valid in the realm of Patreon and erotic games. How many of those paying him would do so completely blind, without playing the game first ? Would you ?

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular, but bitching about a guy bitching about someone unlawfully distributing his products...

It just makes everyone a bitch (and now I'm being a bitch, bitching about bitches bitching about a bitch bitching o_O).

Most of us on this thread are fucking pirates, we're getting something for free that we shouldn't be. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, 'cause DPC has every right to try to stop us if he chooses.

That said, I feel for Sombo, DPC even acknowledged he was a long time supporter; a warning would have sufficed in my book.

But get off your high horses, motherfuckers (term of endearment of course), when you steal from people (or facilitate theft) it makes them angry. They have a right to retaliate.

It's not like DPC is some fat cat bureaucrat getting fatter of other people's suffering. He's made a fantastic game and isn't even earning half of what Dark Cookie is, whose game jumped the sharked ages ago and he keeps milking it (still love Summertime Saga, but the cow in the game is definitely symbolic now).

DPC has earned the money he makes with this game (if we made a game as good as this, and worked as hard as DPC, we'd deserve that money too), and he doesn't deserve people like us stealing his shit, but we are, such is life, but don't fucking whine when the rug gets pulled out from under.

And if you want to liken DPC to Tybalt, I'd liken the petulant response from people here to that of the mc when he finds out Josy and Maya are together, after he'd fucked, fingered, been jerked off, been sucked, or blown his load over 10 other girls.
i definitely get what you are saying. and im not denying that i was doing stuff i wasnt supposed to do. but it was literally a jpeg of a scene that isnt even canon in the game lol. if he had to power his beefy computers by riding a bicycle, i might sympathize more with him. but after posing a few scenes for a few hours of his time the computers do the rest and then he sells them early behind a large paywall. i agree with the others that this doesnt actually hurt his business in reality, it likely just hurts his ego/pride. im not personally profiting off the pictures and i already paid him for my access to it, so i would argue the line of "ownership" for these specific pictures is blurry at best.

and ultimately the entire next episode will still be posted here and everyone (including me) will play it for free. so was it worth it for him to lose $40 a month for the foreseeable future from me over something so insignificant? i guess he thinks so. but i dont really lose out on anything in the long run, and the only shitty part is that all of us here have to hope somebody else posts the patreon stuff otherwise there is literally nothing to talk about for months on end and all hype dwindles away.

thats my two cents. and the added irony of him making so much more than me its ridiculous. $40 per month may have been nothing to him, but it was a sizeable enough long term money sink on my end for something i could have just gotten for free while giving him the finger

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
It's probably right to suggest the guy we've got to know would behave that way; same as the way he got all weird with Sage in Ep7, but his behaviour still pissed me off.

The bit about hurting DPC's business really got me laughing. It's funny to think that a couple of subscriptions would be hurting him significantly. Because people sure as hell aren't spending money on his Patreon just to get an extra render or two. Not to mention the amount of cash he already has going his way. But I guess once you have a lot, you always start wanting more.

What's actually sad is that he treats with contempt those who put their faith in him by supporting his game. People who can easily pirate it easily, but choose not to. Meanwhile instead of trying to tighten the plot, reduce the grind - and reduce his workload in the process - he's thinking of new ways to pad the game out with filler. I'm pretty sure the majority wouldn't have noticed or cared if there were less mini-games or irrelevant padding, if it meant faster updates or more main-plot-relevant content making it into the game.
I doubt anyone would pay for a subscription just to access those renders. It's a bonus for them when they support him, so yeah, I doubt distributing it would have any impact at all. People who are currently subscribing wouldn't be all like, "Oh shit, I can get it for free, I'll just cut my subscription", and people who haven't subscribed wouldn't choose not to because of the free renders, it's because the whole fucking game is available for free that they wouldn't bother.

I don't agree with the padding concern. I like almost every aspect of the game; I like that you can choose to meander a bit (in the free roams) or zip along with the story at other times. The only thing I didn't like was the pixel hunt, I never bothered with it in the DIKs mansion.

There are people commenting here that they love the minigames, and DnG has it's followers and detractors, so it's completely subjective as to whether there's anything wrong with what's been delivered so far.

What's not subjective is whether it's acceptable to take it for free. It's fucking not. But we do it anyway. Suck shit DPC, we're stealing your game.

If I was him, I'd bring the hammer down on anyone I found perpetrating or assisting in the theft of my product. Unfortunately we're untouchable, so he takes it out on the people that bring the love to us.

While this is true, it's not as simple as that. The guy wouldn't be in a position to bitch about money if this community hadn't supported him in the first place. Plus it's already been pointed out how hypocritical he himself is. To paraphrase a certain anime character - 'the only ones who steal, are those who are prepared to be stolen from'.
DPC hasn't stolen anything, "the ones who steal" are us. Sure DPC started here, but he's also made the choice to work full time on this game now, it's no longer a hobby. Things have changed. We can't actually take ay credit for what he has delivered, and we don't "deserve" anything.

We're not stealing from a big corporation that just wants to pay out billions to shareholders, we're literally stealing from one individual. He's doing well from this, no question, but that doesn't mean we have some kind of right to steal from him.

There's no justifying this. We're doing it because we can. It's better to accept that than to pretend otherwise.

It is rare but I don't agree with you. Not at All. it is always the classic south park episode that comes to mind mine, when the kids downloading music and some guy show up to explain them what a horrible things they do. and now P Diddy has to delay of buying the diamond fountain, because they downloaded his music. 30$ 40$ 75$ 100$ support is not an obligation, it's a respect that the customer show toward him.
as I said the comments the behaviour, it's like He doing you a favor and not the otherwise.

But this subscription is technically like you paying for netflix, every month but only in every 5 month you get to se a content and in the rest of the days you get status updatet about that it is coming :ROFLMAO:.

I like him, I like his games, so much that I was accused not once of being a Simp toward him.
But it's always him who act like a bitch, and he just gained another 100 subscriber today, surely he suffer greatly. :ROFLMAO: He should Just Shut up, do his job, and enjoy the praises and the money . Is that so Fucking hard ? I fully backs him up, in cases when somebody else try to make money out of his work, somebody download the game, and try to sell it as his own, Yeah I will be with him in a case like that.(y)
But being this so fucking dramatic because of a preview, shared by someone who already on the 40$ payroll. Those who wants to give him that much money they already giving him, and I assume it is really not many of them , so is really worth to drop them ?

but whatever, we all said what we wanted to said, its nice that instead of the picture we talking about what an asshole he is. Just be careful, the higher you are the bigger you fail. Never go after the fans, a lesson that lots of peoples start to learn :ROFLMAO:
Based on my previous post about an estimate as to how much DPC is earning, if you take that potentially large monthly sum, and divide it by the number of hours DPC has indicated he works, he's earning like around $70/hour. That's not P Diddy kinda money (I earn more than DPC when you break it down to an hourly rate...)

Plus he's not being all that dramatic. He just sent a single message akin to, "Fuck off cunt". It's everyone here that's being dramatic.

Have you ever had anyone steal your IP or creation?

I write software for a living and I had a customer give some of my code to a competitor who then provided the same custoemr with a solution using my template. It didn't cost me anything because, if I did the job, I would have just delayed other work and still had the same amount of cash at the end of the month. But it still pissed me off, and my company took action. The difference is we still have that customer and they don't give our solution to others anymore (we'd be way worse off if we just dropped that customer).

So I get the annoyance at someone taking your shit and giving it to others. They have no fucking right to do that. So am I a hypocrite for pirating this game? Sure, but I'm not gonna fucking whine about it if I get held to account.

i definitely get what you are saying. and im not denying that i was doing stuff i wasnt supposed to do. but it was literally a jpeg of a scene that isnt even canon in the game lol. if he had to power his beefy computers by riding a bicycle, i might sympathize more with him. but after posing a few scenes for a few hours of his time the computers do the rest and then he sells them early behind a large paywall. i agree with the others that this doesnt actually hurt his business in reality, it likely just hurts his ego/pride. im not personally profiting off the pictures and i already paid him for my access to it, so i would argue the line of "ownership" for these specific pictures is blurry at best.

and ultimately the entire next episode will still be posted here and everyone (including me) will play it for free. so was it worth it for him to lose $40 a month for the foreseeable future from me over something so insignificant? i guess he thinks so. but i dont really lose out on anything in the long run, and the only shitty part is that all of us here have to hope somebody else posts the patreon stuff otherwise there is literally nothing to talk about for months on end and all hype dwindles away.

thats my two cents
With the game being available here for free, the people who subscribe are those who give a shit about him, so yeah, all he's done is piss off a no-longer supporter, the money situation is irrelevant.

But he's done the same thing before, so you took a risk knowing what could happen. Like I said previously, I'd warn a first time offender, but I guess I'm just more tolerant. He probably doesn't get enough sleep and he's just a cranky motherfucker.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

The store page for the second season DLC to Being a DIK is now live on Steam!

And for the first time, it's my pleasure to announce the title of the upcoming episode:

Episode 8 - Crossroads
Check out the store page for a new trailer, screenshots, a brief episode 8 synopsis, and more information that might pique your interest.

Follow and wishlist the DLC .

Dr PinkCake
I'm late to the party, but this is certainly exciting news. "Crossroads" does have a certain gravitas to it, doesn't it? It's going to be a long wait for soon to be now.

View attachment 1357940

I think you guys missed this new preview., I'm adding this pic and wondering if this will be a flashback or not.

View attachment 1357956
No, that's from Bella's OMG flashback in Episode 5 (which is part of Season 2, of course).

Adding to what Felice was saying, we've got plenty of drama going on already. Even if some players are enthralled by the Chad/Troy drama, how about we start solving at least a few long standing mysteries before we pile on more. The problem is, DPC season endings are usually more about cliffhangers than solving mysteries, but he needs to give us something. At least one old drama must be clarified by ep. 8 end imo, especially if Chad drama is increasing.
I agree it's past time to start solving a few mysteries, but I don't think Season 1 ended on much of a cliffhanger. Yes, the MC forgot to egg the preps, but I never felt his acceptance into the DIKs was in any doubt. Compare that to some of the non-season-ending episodes (Episodes 1, 3 and 6, for example) and it's pretty tame stuff.

I also wanted to echo what a couple of other people have pointed out, which is that several of us over the past 48 hours or so seem to be treating the season 2 preview on Steam like an episode 8 preview. DPC is assuming that Steam players of BaD have no idea of what's happened in the MC's world since the end of season 1 (episode 4), so the preview covers episodes 5 to 8. Talk of Sage asking for help, Rusty stressing about the future, etc. are likely references to events in episodes 5, 6, and 7.
No, that blurb is specifically for the upcoming Episode 8. Episodes 5-7 have their own summaries.

Just a heads up everyone. This will be my last time sharing pics as DPC sent me an email saying how sad he was I was sharing his stuff. It was a good run while it lasted. That said I now no longer have to spend $40 a month on previews, so it’s not all bad news
I'm sorry to hear that, SomboSteel. I for one appreciate your sacrifice.

It's DPC's prerogative, though it certainly seems rather miserly to me. And the message is more than a little condescending.

That said,
I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular, but bitching about a guy bitching about someone unlawfully distributing his products...

It just makes everyone a bitch (and now I'm being a bitch, bitching about bitches bitching about a bitch bitching o_O).

Most of us on this thread are fucking pirates, we're getting something for free that we shouldn't be. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, 'cause DPC has every right to try to stop us if he chooses.

That said, I feel for Sombo, DPC even acknowledged he was a long time supporter; a warning would have sufficed in my book.

But get off your high horses, motherfuckers (term of endearment of course), when you steal from people (or facilitate theft) it makes them angry. They have a right to retaliate.

It's not like DPC is some fat cat bureaucrat getting fatter of other people's suffering. He's made a fantastic game and isn't even earning half of what Dark Cookie is, whose game jumped the sharked ages ago and he keeps milking it (still love Summertime Saga, but the cow in the game is definitely symbolic now).

DPC has earned the money he makes with this game (if we made a game as good as this, and worked as hard as DPC, we'd deserve that money too), and he doesn't deserve people like us stealing his shit, but we are, such is life, but don't fucking whine when the rug gets pulled out from under.
I can't disagree with this.

This is hardly the first time I've disagreed with DPC, but in the end it is his game and he can make petty and/or short-sighted decisions about it if he really wants to. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over him clamping down on pirates. I wish he'd be more polite about it, but the guy is clearly something of a control freak.

Last edited:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
It's probably right to suggest the guy we've got to know would behave that way; same as the way he got all weird with Sage in Ep7, but his behaviour still pissed me off.

I doubt anyone would pay for a subscription just to access those renders. It's a bonus for them when they support him, so yeah, I doubt distributing it would have any impact at all. People who are currently subscribing wouldn't be all like, "Oh shit, I can get it for free, I'll just cut my subscription", and people who haven't subscribed wouldn't choose not to because of the free renders, it's because the whole fucking game is available for free that they wouldn't bother.

I don't agree with the padding concern. I like almost every aspect of the game; I like that you can choose to meander a bit (in the free roams) or zip along with the story at other times. The only thing I didn't like was the pixel hunt, I never bothered with it in the DIKs mansion.

There are people commenting here that they love the minigames, and DnG has it's followers and detractors, so it's completely subjective as to whether there's anything wrong with what's been delivered so far.

What's not subjective is whether it's acceptable to take it for free. It's fucking not. But we do it anyway. Suck shit DPC, we're stealing your game.

If I was him, I'd bring the hammer down on anyone I found perpetrating or assisting in the theft of my product. Unfortunately we're untouchable, so he takes it out on the people that bring the love to us.

DPC hasn't stolen anything, "the ones who steal" are us. Sure DPC started here, but he's also made the choice to work full time on this game now, it's no longer a hobby. Things have changed. We can't actually take ay credit for what he has delivered, and we don't "deserve" anything.

We're not stealing from a big corporation that just wants to pay out billions to shareholders, we're literally stealing from one individual. He's doing well from this, no question, but that doesn't mean we have some kind of right to steal from him.

There's no justifying this. We're doing it because we can. It's better to accept that than to pretend otherwise.

Based on my previous post about an estimate as to how much DPC is earning, if you take that potentially large monthly sum, and divide it by the number of hours DPC has indicated he works, he's earning like around $70/hour. That's not P Diddy kinda money (I earn more than DPC when you break it down to an hourly rate...)

Plus he's not being all that dramatic. He just sent a single message akin to, "Fuck off cunt". It's everyone here that's being dramatic.

Have you ever had anyone steal your IP or creation?

I write software for a living and I had a customer give some of my code to a competitor who then provided the same custoemr with a solution using my template. It didn't cost me anything because, if I did the job, I would have just delayed other work and still had the same amount of cash at the end of the month. But it still pissed me off, and my company took action. The difference is we still have that customer and they don't give our solution to others anymore (we're be way off if we just dropped that customer).

So I get the annoyance at someone taking your shit and giving it to others. They have no fucking right to do that. So am I a hypocrite for pirating this game? Sure, but I'm not gonna fucking whine about it if I get held to account.

With the game being available here for free, the people who subscribe are those who give a shit about him, so yeah, all he's done is piss off a no-longer supporter, the money situation is irrelevant.

But he's done the same thing before, so you took a risk knowing what could happen. Like I said previously, I'd warn a first time offender, but I guess I'm just more tolerant. He probably doesn't get enough sleep and he's just a cranky motherfucker.
I am with SomboSteel in this one, I feel more guilt toward him, he been punished for being good with us.
and Just like he said he already paid for it , so its not fucking stealing. There is nothing you can say to convince me otherwise. in this matter we won't agree no matter what :ROFLMAO:

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
I didn't mind it either. It just kinda dragged for a long in-game time. Not my favorite part of the game, but totally in character.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
i know im not really upset. i knew there was a chance that this could happen. but in the end it seems futile since i dont really lose out on anything substantial, and he loses out on a big chunk of money

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
i know im not really upset. i knew there was a chance that this could happen. but in the end it seems futile since i dont really lose out on anything substantial, and he loses out on a big chunk of money
Yeah, in the end of the day it's his loss not yours. :) . In the end of the day he gained subscribers today too, so in fact its may be not even a loss to him either. He is just a giant Hypocrite. Renrpy is a free engine, and I'm pretty sure, if there is a way to get some asssets for free he also take that offer too. :p:ROFLMAO:.
at least I admit I'm a pirate and not being hypocrite about it. and I'm a hypocrite in lots of stuff:ROFLMAO:.
if your product good, piracy is no issues, and its just happend that his product is good, no denying that(y)

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
While this is mainly true. Even if this thread were shut down, the simple fact is that it would not prevent the piracy of his game. And even if it did, it wouldn't really increase his income by any significant margin if at all.
Developers and business would like to think that all pirated instances represent missed revenue, but the truth is that a majority would just not have paid either way. Meanwhile, someone playing a pirated copy could like the game and show it to friends, increasing exposure and potentially leading to more actual sales.
There are exceptions of course, but most of the time it's because the game wasn't good enough to begin with. I for one, only support games which I've liked enough to feel they've earned it. This is especially valid in the realm of Patreon and erotic games. How many of those paying him would do so completely blind, without playing the game first ? Would you ?
I didn't say nuking this thread would magically stifle piracy of his content. It would barely make a dent in the long run. If anything it will just anger a bunch of people. And given some of the recent posts by some individuals, it wouldn't really surprise me if he'd do it just to spite them.
But luckily for them and the rest of us, DPC knows that exposure and content engagement are just as important as actual revenue.

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
Just replying to this DPC stuff. Pretty sure no one cares that he nuked a sub, it's the reason.

He nuked him for doing stuff, that he as a long time user of this site, way before his first game was done, would have adored if it was done to others when he was using this.

And he nuked with no warning too, which makes it look even worse. And people were just pointing this out, some even joking about it.

If this is bitching... Well then the word kinda lost it's meaning.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
im all out of reactions, but thanks for all the kind words/condolences everyone. i was a patron for a long time because i appreciated what DPC offered, but i also liked to share here since as a long time lurker i got lots of entertainment from all the discussions and theories. so as far as i was concerned, the previews were as much for me as they were for you guys for all the posts over the years :cool:

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes