gamer8000

May 24, 2020
Best to have a Dik and a Chick route. Staying neutral can make you miss out on some events that require high Chick/Dik rating. Certain girls can be locked behind certain paths yeah.
Not talking about neutral, about keeping points for both DICK and CHICK so won't have to gain them again

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Patreon is not meant to be used like this. Any other product (games, movies, books), you pay for the finished product. Patreon is the only place where you pay someone to finish their product. In fact not only are you paying them to finish their product, you are basically paying them their monthly salary. So thinking of that patreon money as a business transaction is simply wrong.

Also, how much do you pay for an actual video game? Cyberpunk costs like what, 60-70$? And that's just one time payment for a finished product (yeah I know, but my point still stands), with a fuck ton of more gameplay and much better quality. On the other hand if you pay DPC 5$ per month for a game that will probably last 5 years in total, you're paying him 300$. So patrons are at an obvious disadvantage if you're going to be treating it like a business transaction.

This whole AVN business is basically a crowdfunding effort to get a game going. So calling it a business is real arrogant imo.
Yeah, Patreon is bullshit. Basically the people who pay towards it play the role of investors except they get fuck all for their investment. "Special Renders" is not worth their investment, so basically out of the goodness of their own hearts they are funding a team to create something and they will never see a cent for their money.

I reckon Patreon should be overhauled such that, at the end of the day, Patrons get back from the game sales in proportion to the amount they invested. Patreon should have a shop where anyone can one-off buy the game (at any level of development), and also it should incorporate revenue from all other outlets (Steam etc.) People can invest exactly like they do now, but they actually get some shit back if the game does well.

Every dollar sunk into the Patron subscriptions still makes its way to DPC, but those who subscribe and unsubscribe at the release of each episode should be managed as sales, not subscriptions.

I'd be behind that model, rather than the current one that has people paying fucking hundreds and hundreds of dollars for fucking what? Their name in the credits? You don't even actually get the game unless you at least pay a one off $14 subscription...

Whilst I love this game, I wouldn't spend much more on it than any other game. Let's say there's gonna be 4 seasons, given the current Steam price for season 1, that's a AAA price tag right there, which is kinda rich given it's just a fucking story book, but hey, it's presses the right buttons, so it's probably worth it, as a one off cost.

But to pay a monthly subscription to Patreon, to me, it's not worth it. I mean good on everyone who does, who gives DPC the incentive to work on this full time, but fuck that, the system is ridiculous.

And yeah, LuciferPrometheus, I take your point really well. The subscribers are investors paying for his startup, his "business" should be the sales through other outlets. It's not DPC's fault though, that the Patreon model is so skewed.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Yeah, Patreon is bullshit. Basically the people who pay towards it play the role of investors except they get fuck all for their investment. "Special Renders" is not worth their investment, so basically out of the goodness of their own hearts they are funding a team to create something and they will never see a cent for their money.

I reckon Patreon should be overhauled such that, at the end of the day, Patrons get back from the game sales in proportion to the amount they invested. Patreon should have a shop where anyone can one-off buy the game (at any level of development), and also it should incorporate revenue from all other outlets (Steam etc.) People can invest exactly like they do now, but they actually get some shit back if the game does well.

Every dollar sunk into the Patron subscriptions still makes its way to DPC, but those who subscribe and unsubscribe at the release of each episode should be managed as sales, not subscriptions.

I'd be behind that model, rather than the current one that has people paying fucking hundreds and hundreds of dollars for fucking what? Their name in the credits? You don't even actually get the game unless you at least pay a one off $14 subscription...

Whilst I love this game, I wouldn't spend much more on it than any other game. Let's say there's gonna be 4 seasons, given the current Steam price for season 1, that's a AAA price tag right there, which is kinda rich given it's just a fucking story book, but hey, it's presses the right buttons, so it's probably worth it, as a one off cost.

But to pay a monthly subscription to Patreon, to me, it's not worth it. I mean good on everyone who does, who gives DPC the incentive to work on this full time, but fuck that, the system is ridiculous.

And yeah, LuciferPrometheus, I take your point really well. The subscribers are investors paying for his startup, his "business" should be the sales through other outlets. It's not DPC's fault though, that the Patreon model is so skewed.
I bet he's arrogant enough to think that 2 updates a year and renders every month that take him maybe a day to make are enough to justify the hundreds of thousands of dollars he gets paid. If he's that committed to making this his "business", why not sell the game only on Steam instead of having patrons basically donate money to you? The greed of man knows no bounds.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
Some light plot analysis for a laugh or two. :LOL:

With the Jill path, I think it might be a long time in the future before MC gets to plow Jill, if ever.

MC keeps goofing up and not convincing Jill with the right words, even though Jill keeps hinting to MC she wants the big pipe.

This isn't a Jill problem it is an MC problem.

When on the Jill path, Jill (while wearing a hot outfit) calls MC and tells him they are going to get sweaty today.

Then there is the tennis date. Jill was totally OK with the shower events. After when talking outside on the bench, MC fails to convince Jill that by the third date, yes, it's hammer time.

MC later gets a hot selfie photo from Jill. WTF. Send back a dick pic.

Over at Bella's while Jill comes over to sleep with MC on the couch, her outfit says it all. That MC wasn't able to follow through in the right way was MCs' fault.

Yoga with Jill the next morning should have been a follow on to that.

MC and Jill picnic. Horse comes over to MC. Jill says, "do you want to ride", which really was an opportunity to go for a riding lesson having nothing to do with a god damn horse. MC just says, he doesn't want to ride bareback (like that has ever stopped him before).

MC visiting Jill's room at night. Talk about a debacle. He just didn't sell himself. He should have convinced her as a bare minimum that if he gave her a proper tongue lashing and gave her a taste of nut butter, that technically, she would still be a virgin.

So again, it isn't Jill's fault she hasn't gotten anywhere with MC, it is MC's failure to get the job done. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I bet he's arrogant enough to think that 2 updates a year and renders every month that take him maybe a day to make are enough to justify the hundreds of thousands of dollars he gets paid. If he's that committed to making this his "business", why not sell the game only on Steam instead of having patrons basically donate money to you? The greed of man knows no bounds.
I don't think that's fair.

Based on the Patreon model, everyone knows what they are getting themselves into. Good luck to DPC really.

Plus, Sombo isn't the first to get kicked for sharing the renders (I don't even know why everyone craves those renders so much, I'm only interested in the game previews myself).

Also, all said and done, he's probably only earning around $70 an hour when you calculate how many hours he's putting in. I don't think he's being greedy.

People unauthorizedly distributing something you've done can be really annoying. What I don't get is why he sanctions the distribution of the game, but not the renders... :unsure:

And with that in mind, if he's fine that N7 puts the game here for us to take for free, and he just asks that we don't distribute the special renders... Really, is he asking much of us?

I think we're the greedy ones. We get the game for free but we want more.

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
I don't think that's fair.

Based on the Patreon model, everyone knows what they are getting themselves into. Good luck to DPC really.

Plus, Sombo isn't the first to get kicked for sharing the renders (I don't even know why everyone craves those renders so much, I'm only interested in the game previews myself).

Also, all said and done, he's probably only earning around $70 an hour when you calculate how many hours he's putting in. I don't think he's being greedy.

People unauthorizedly distributing something you've done can be really annoying. What I don't get is why he sanctions the distribution of the game, but not the renders... :unsure:

And with that in mind, if he's fine that N7 puts the game here for us to take for free, and he just asks that we don't distribute the special renders... Really, is he asking much of us?

I think we're the greedy ones. We get the game for free but we want more.
My point wasn't about him cracking down on people who share his renders. But rather his attitude. If you read what he said to that dude before banning him, it's clear he treats this game like a business. My point was that treating your patrons as customers is wrong because they aren't your customers. They are basically crowd funding your product and your life to make sure you keep on making it. So the only way his viewpoint would be justified is if he was selling the game only on Steam and not getting paid throughout the development period. Which he won't do because it's just not going to be as profitable as it is now. And that's fair, god bless him, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking that the relationship between him or any other developer and their patrons is one that of a business and a customer. No other business in the world works like this. Where your 'clients' basically pay you money based on faith that you'll keep on making the game and not abandon it midway or not take too long to get it done.

So my point was that not moving away from this system even when you see yourself as a businessman, is greedy. And I'll take back that greedy part. Perhaps I was being too harsh.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Don't think he does sanction piracy of the game, more likely that he can't afford the time/money to try and stop it? I assume there's a reason f95 uses a Tongan domain? DPC could hire someone to DCMA the file hosts, but they'd just switch to other mirrors which are more DCMA resistant.
What makes you think N7 is releasing the game? Certainly in recent times it's been other mods who've said they're uploading the game, which presumably N7 could do if the one releasing the game itself. I'd be surprised if N7 is doing anything more on this thread than posting status reports & previews for PR? Though of course that's an implicit acknowledgement that despite his reported distaste for f95, DPC still recognizes the benefits of exposure here.

Last edited:

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
What kind of way to talk to someone is that?
Hey, you're the one defending his bullshit and at the same time you're actively throwing the community here under a bus like he does. Yet, you're a part of it. What kind of way is that to treat the very community you're part of as if it were garbage? Seems like you've got your loyalties mixed up or you're just being a troll.

• Angry
Reactions: BorgiaBou and Darg

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
It's a twist on a very common online business model these days.
Think of all the Free-to-Play MORPGs out there. Those companies make their money off the micro-transactions.
If it's a good F2P game, then those micro payments are just for cosmetic 'fluff' or xp boosters to get there faster.
There's also plenty of 'Pay2Win' games out there too :p

That's what those 'special renders' are. They're the 'fluff' that some people are happy to pay for.
If they become readily available to everyone... well... then the people paying aren't 'special' anymore, so what are they paying for?

DPC is just defending his business model. Can't fault him for that.

Also, in being seen defending it, the paying customers notion that they're 'special' is reinforced. They see that DPC is making a bit of effort to ensure that only they get the special goodies they're paying for. Which boosts their ego a bit, so they keep paying ;)

Finally, consider how often the special renders show up here and how often we hear about someone getting spanked for it.
It's not even close to a 1 to 1 ratio.
It happens just often enough that people remember it happens. "Oh yeah, I've seen DPC ban people for that. I'm special cause I get to see it!".
Then another dozen renders will slide by without consequence.
Then a 'sacrificial goat' to remind people again.
Rinse. Repeat.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Hey, you're the one defending his bullshit and at the same time you're actively throwing the community here under a bus like he does. Yet, you're a part of it. What kind of way is that to treat the very community you're part of as if it were garbage? Seems like you've got your loyalties mixed up or you're just being a troll.
i think you are mistaking or projecting onto Shazba someone else!

i also understand his point of view does not mean that by understanding him i defend him it just means he is entitled to his point of view!

yes we are pirates but not brainless i even explained how if DPC is bussiness savy he is just trying to control the leak time and not prevent it all together!

there are thousands here that will never pay for the game but are still usefull to spread the good news only a small minority that i attribute to 15% tops of the tops that if forced will become patreons or up their patreon ante and those are the ones for whom the renders are important and will be willing to pay when atm they do not!

does not mean that the other 85% will not provide free advertising or provide decent jokes and situations that can become inspiration! 30% will buy on steam even tough they have it here for free and i was going to be one of them! maybe i still will as the mirrors and update sizes become more troublesome to navigate but as of right now i do not think he as earned it... not that he does not put in the work but the loss of respect does play into the equation!

It's a twist on a very common online business model these days.
Think of all the Free-to-Play MORPGs out there. Those companies make their money off the micro-transactions.
If it's a good F2P game, then those micro payments are just for cosmetic 'fluff' or xp boosters to get there faster.
There's also plenty of 'Pay2Win' games out there too :p

That's what those 'special renders' are. They're the 'fluff' that some people are happy to pay for.
If they become readily available to everyone... well... then the people paying aren't 'special' anymore, so what are they paying for?

DPC is just defending his business model. Can't fault him for that.

Also, in being seen defending it, the paying customers notion that they're 'special' is reinforced. They see that DPC is making a bit of effort to ensure that only they get the special goodies they're paying for. Which boosts their ego a bit, so they keep paying ;)

Finally, consider how often the special renders show up here and how often we hear about someone getting spanked for it.
It's not even close to a 1 to 1 ratio.
It happens just often enough that people remember it happens. "Oh yeah, I've seen DPC ban people for that. I'm special cause I get to see it!".
Then another dozen renders will slide by without consequence.
Then a 'sacrificial goat' to remind people again.
Rinse. Repeat.
you mean kill the chicken to scare the monkeys?

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
there are thousands here that will never pay for the game but are still usefull to spread the good news only a small minority that i attribute to 15% tops of the tops that if forced will buy the game or become patreons or up their patreon ante and those are the ones for whom the renders are important and will be willing to pay when atm they do not!
The fact people are still paying for those even after they've been shared for free online makes the entire point being made, moot. People are obviously going to keep paying for them cause there is something they like about the art/artist not because it gives them an ego boost. Quit trying to make this an argument about semantics. It's downright absurd that any of you are even trying to do that and on a pirate forum of all places. Every time i post in this thread i'm constantly reminded why i keep that to a bare minimum. Some of you just can't help yourselves from sucking on DPC's tit. The dude threw this community under a bus, he deserves the vitriol he ends up receiving for his own arrogant, hypocritical behavior. Sucking on his tit like some of you want to do is your choice but it makes you appear no less foolish. Anyone that wants to throw their money at him, that's all fine and well. Just don't get on this forum, steal shit like everyone else and then act like some of you or the dev are better than anyone else, especially when the dev use to be an active participant on this forum and is an admitted pirate.

Last edited:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Don't think he does sanction piracy of the game, more likely that he can't afford the time/money to try and stop it? I assume there's a reason f95 uses a Tongan domain? DPC could hire someone to DCMA the file hosts, but they'd just switch to other mirrors which are more DCMA resistant.

What makes you think N7 is releasing the game? Certainly in recent times it's been other mods you've said they're uploading the game, which presumably N7 could do if the one releasing the game itself. I'd be surprised if N7 is doing anything more on this thread than posting status reports & previews for PR? Though of course that's an implicit acknowledgement that despite his reported distaste for f95, DPC still recognizes the benefits of exposure here.
You're right, N7 is only posting the updates, not actually uploading the game. It's probably the best place to advertise. It's obviously a double edged sword though.

We're pirating his game. I'm cool with that. He finds out someone is feeding his special renders to the pirate community and cuts them off. I'm cool with that too (sorry Sombo). People start complaining that he is a cunt for defending his IP. I'm not cool with that.

He has every right to defend his IP. We have no rights in this situation. It doesn't matter if his actions make no difference to the big picture. I'm not throwing anyone under any bus. I'm just stating what is objectively true.

Also, I have no loyalties to DPC or this site. This is just a site that I use to pirate DPC's shit. I'm just not big into pretending it's OK for me to pirate shit. I just pirate the shit anyway.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular, but bitching about a guy bitching about someone unlawfully distributing his products...

It just makes everyone a bitch (and now I'm being a bitch, bitching about bitches bitching about a bitch bitching o_O).

Most of us on this thread are fucking pirates, we're getting something for free that we shouldn't be. Enjoy the ride while it lasts, 'cause DPC has every right to try to stop us if he chooses.

That said, I feel for Sombo, DPC even acknowledged he was a long time supporter; a warning would have sufficed in my book.

But get off your high horses, motherfuckers (term of endearment of course), when you steal from people (or facilitate theft) it makes them angry. They have a right to retaliate.

It's not like DPC is some fat cat bureaucrat getting fatter of other people's suffering. He's made a fantastic game and isn't even earning half of what Dark Cookie is, whose game jumped the sharked ages ago and he keeps milking it (still love Summertime Saga, but the cow in the game is definitely symbolic now).

DPC has earned the money he makes with this game (if we made a game as good as this, and worked as hard as DPC, we'd deserve that money too), and he doesn't deserve people like us stealing his shit, but we are, such is life, but don't fucking whine when the rug gets pulled out from under.

And if you want to liken DPC to Tybalt, I'd liken the petulant response from people here to that of the mc when he finds out Josy and Maya are together, after he'd fucked, fingered, been jerked off, been sucked, or blown his load over 10 other girls.
I do not understand the reasoning

DPC cuts off a patreon who discloses a render (be it a preview or a special) on a forum where his game is illegally downloaded (which should be the IP that DPC should defend). forum where updates to his work are normally reported (these are also an exclusive right of his patreons)

in what world would this make sense?

if DPC, like INCETON, tried to shut down the various links to download BADIK, he would be right as it would be a useless fight anyway. but to punish a 40$ patreon, who should therefore kiss his ass using a bit of tongue, to defend the illusion of exclusivity of some content is ridiculous. do you think a person who gives him 40€ a month does it to see Josy going to the gym 3-4 months before everyone else? he does it essentially because he wants, and has the possibility to do it, to support his work.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
We're pirating his game. I'm cool with that. He finds out someone is feeding his special renders to the pirate community and cuts them off. I'm cool with that too (sorry Sombo). People start complaining that he is a cunt for defending his IP. I'm not cool with that.

He has every right to defend his IP. We have no rights in this situation. It doesn't matter if his actions make no difference to the big picture. I'm not throwing anyone under any bus. I'm just stating what is objectively true.

Also, I have no loyalties to DPC or this site. This is just a site that I use to pirate DPC's shit. I'm just not big into pretending it's OK for me to pirate shit. I just pirate the shit anyway.
DPC is not an illustrator, he doesn't sell renders, he is a developer of a game.

DPC isn't defending his game (his IP), he's defending the idea that his renders are exclusive intellectual property (they're not exclusive in any way, they're not numbered, they're not encrypted), he's defending the illusion he sells (which I think he thinks he sells because patreons don't do it for that obviously) to patreons.

And evidently he has so many of them that cutting one of them from 40$ is not a problem, despite his earnings being so low (70 per hour would be low?).

previews are fun because they allow us to make some assumptions and talk about nothing, but i'm happy for the 40$ that SomboSteel saves;):D

slackster

Feb 1, 2017
I mentioned on this forum back in November 2019 the ways DrPinkcuck would sniff out his leakers, see:
#34,449
Anyone else left who wants to share his images -just run the image through some filters in gimp or photoshop and you will be good to go- unless you are the last $40 martyr still paying

Reactions: bluehound36
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes