ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I take my cue from what you have written, which is always interesting, to reiterate a conviction of mine

the idea that Josy is the brave one of the two is a collective misconception. in both big and small things, Maya is the one who takes risks, sometimes in a completely unconscious way, but in the end she does, going far beyond the stereotype of the introverted girl.

Of course with the fact that Maya ends up facing challenges beyond her reach, she ends up relying completely on those around her, but she always accepts the challenge.

p.s. the "no string attached" is a retcon, it has nothing to do with what happens before and after, it's only meant to warn the players that the ending was still very far away and in case to convince them to get into trouble
No it's not a misconception. Josy is the bolder one. There is only one case where she is not , the piercing. :p :ROFLMAO:
I have respect for Maya, for try to do things to achieve her goals, but let's not kid ourself, Without MC and Josy, she would fail, She would not go through with it. It is easier to her to make some bold choice when Josy and MC are the one who she has in her corner, but alone she would have failed, Maybe Josy would too but , Maya was not even Cunning enough to even considering cheating. Josy was. With or without MC help, Josy is the one who comes up with the idea to trick Quinn. the relationship between Maya and Josy exist because of Josy, She made the move on her.
The public Sex also not freaking Josy out at all, so does the pool sex, She is the one who even suggest it in the first place. so between the two of them Josy generally the more bold one. This is not a misconception it is a Fact. :)(y)

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
No it's not a misconception. Josy is the bolder one. There is only one case where she is not , the piercing. :p
I have respect for Maya, for try to do things to achieve her goals, but let's not kid ourself, Without MC and Josy, she would fail, She would not go through with it. It is easier to her to make some bold choice when Josy and MC are the one who she has in her corner, but alone she would have failed, Maybe Josy would too but
Maya was not even Cunning enough to even considering cheating. Josy was. With or without MC help, Josy is the one who comes up with the idea to trick Quinn. the relationship between Maya and Josy exist because of Josy, She made the move on her.
The public Sex also not freaking Josy out at all, so does the pool sex, She is the one who even suggest it in the first place. so between the two of them Josy generally the more bold one. This is not a misconception it is a Fact. :)(y)
Maya theoretically faces them alone, only she would be doomed to failure.

Just the piercing? I don't think so.

Even sexually with MC she only lets go when she thinks it's going to be a goodbye, so no consequences. That's not courage.
when she finds Mc in Maya's room she runs to the bathroom to avoid the truth coming out (well before MC...)
she does not confront him in person, but only via messages (Maya confronts him in person, in a public place)
I don't consider the picnic, because that's DPC talking and not Maya, but even there Josy nods in the background.
She, in the case, hides behind Maya's reaction to justify not saying anything on the famous night of the big decision.
she still needs MC to face a father who loves her (in comparison poor Maya...)

all Josy's courage runs out in sex and kicking Tommy (someone who certainly could not hit her back) in the balls, doesn't seem much to me. she has other qualities, she's smart, outgoing, but I wouldn't call her brave.

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
What about Bella makes her stand out as pure? She's trying to fuck her best friends guy and she's cheating on her husband with the MC.
Ya know... that scene in the bar with Jade shit-talkin' Bella really pissed me off.
Because:
Remember that scene early in E1 where MC walks into the Library and Stephen calls him 'sport'?
Watch that again.
It was Stephen, with Jade standing right beside him (ie. involved), arranging for the 3 of them 'get together'.
It wasn't obvious at that time it was sexual, but Bella's 'inner thoughts' clarify it when she's in bed. It's in the sequence in E2 where she brings the blind-drunk MC back to her couch.
So... yeah... Screw you, Jade.
Knowingly get into a three-some (? Or was Jade just there to watch?). Then blame the other woman for it because you didn't like it. Hypocritical bitch.

As for Bella's 'cheating'.
We've known for a long time that Bella's is carrying some pretty heavy emotional baggage. But, we don't know what that baggage is yet.
We don't actually know the status of her husband.
But, he's been gone for years. At best he's her estranged husband. So, I think, it's a stretch to call it cheating.

Last edited:
Reactions: znar25 and `Ray`

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

Even sexually with MC she only lets go when she thinks it's going to be a goodbye, so no consequences. That's not courage.
when she finds Mc in Maya's room she runs to the bathroom to avoid the truth coming out (well before MC...)
she does not confront him in person, but only via messages (Maya confronts him in person, in a public place)
I don't consider the picnic, because that's DPC talking and not Maya, but even there Josy nods in the background.
She, in the case, hides behind Maya's reaction to justify not saying anything on the famous night of the big decision.

all Josy's courage runs out in sex and kicking Tommy (someone who certainly could not hit her back) in the balls, doesn't seem much to me. she has other qualities, she's smart, outgoing, but I wouldn't call her brave.
I'm gonna slap you in the Face :ROFLMAO:.
True, but what were those challenges? Buy stuff for Quinn? Wow, those require so much braveness :ROFLMAO:
Indeed ,it's not courage, that's not even about courage , whats matter is that she willing to change her fate and move away,And starting over is not easy , but in comparison, Maya sitting in her room, waiting someone to save her, and in this case now it's Sage's turn. Whereas Josy was ready to throwaway her life and start over, having sex with MC was jsut the Bonus:ROFLMAO: so you know what, maybe it takes more courage to move away from everything you know and love, to start over. :unsure:
thin line, because after MC leave, neither Maya nor Josy start talking about what is going on, and none of them mention to the other that they did stuff with MC, until the end , . This is on DPC , poor execution , IMO:unsure:
DPC again :ROFLMAO:, Maya and MC share a same class, so it bound to happen that they will meet. But Josy is the one who approach MC before the library scene, so this equal.
Picnic is interesting because Josy came out with the no string attachment, but she shaking a bit when maya agree. But thats more about her and Maya and not MC. I mean her fear is that Maya considering this no string attachment to all of them, not just with MC , little bit interesting from Maya, but whatever, I dont mind. for obvious reasons :ROFLMAO:
If I remember Right Maya is kind of the same, they both kind of blaming the other for the "friendship path"
Yes, she ask MC as a back up, Yet, she actually facing alone with her Father :p:ROFLMAO:, she not sitting around waiting for MC or for Maya.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Oh and another thing felicemastronzo . And this will be a Rant, I already apologize for it :ROFLMAO: .
Ep 4 cannot be used to prop up to Maya or use it against Josy and vice versa.
Because ep 4 the Josy Maya part, is pure utter Garbage. There is no better word of it, it is the weakest shit in the entire game along with the Tybalt blackmail, and the choice between Jill and Sage.
The whole shit could have been solver right there in that moment when Josy arrive, but even if MC storms out of room.Josy and Maya not have a single conversation about WTF just happened and why, and they conveniently wait until the end of the episode. BULLSHIT HORRIBLE execution of a conclusion of a drama.

Ironically, after ep 4, The Josy and Maya Stuff is back on track, regardless if it is the friendship path, or the threesome path, the scenes with them are good, the story is good, everything is fine. But how we get there, was horrible.

The same with the Tybalt blackmail, ep 6 was shit, but ep 7 made it Funny, thanks to Bella. and if its end with Jill kicks Tybalt's nuts, I say it was worth it.:ROFLMAO:
The choice between Jill and Sage, is still shit, but this could also change in episode 8.:unsure:
These 3 thing was easily the weakest part of the game.

sorry for my Rant:)

Last edited:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I just saw your post. I didn't know the locker room MC sneaked inside to spy on Chad is different than the one Chad/Troy kiss in. Seems a strange set up for a small school gym but ok I'll go with it. (All the more reason for DPC to work on a B&R map for us and shore up those damn free roam movement arrows while he is at it) Still risky as hell to kiss anywhere in the campus gym and I still think anyone could walk in, even if by mistake. And what the fuck is with those doors? Are they silent doors or is Chad partially deaf? They never make a sound! Come to think of it, does MC move like a ninja? Chad never hears him approach.

If we pick up the story in ep. 8 with Chad noticing MC, he is really going to flip. Could be another fight because even if MC helped him at Burke's inquisition, Chad has to be getting paranoid again about MC following him. This is the second time MC (out of all people on campus) has caught Chad in flagrante delicto.
There might be a fight between Chad and the MC when the MC sees the pictures being blackmailed. This could be resolved in EP8. Guess why Josy dragged the MC to the gym?:unsure:

The MC will be blindsided when he finds out plan A from Josy and Maya. I mean the plan A, like ass card for dad Patrick. Show Patrick that Josy and Maya are separated and each have separate boyfriends. Take a gay couple, Chad and Troy, make out with them a bit, go jogging together, put some red perfume smelling panties in the gym bag and some phone sex and that's it for Patrick. Stupid only that Josy has fallen in love with the MC and then also Maya. The two rethink their strategy and create Plan B. Plan B always works. What is plan B? The MC. But stupidly, there could already be pictures (might not have to) showing Chad making out a bit with Maya and/or Josy. Everything only fake. But the MC doesn't know that yet. This could end stupidly for Chad. Now the MC defends Chad in Stephen's office. Maya learns that Chad has attacked the MC. Josy and/or Maya talk to Chad that these pictures are not from the MC because both are very close to the MC and would know that. Yes before questions arise how it can be that Chad knows Maya, read EP3 again when the MC comes to Maya after the meeting in the office. Now in EP7 Josy, MC, Chad and Troy are at the gym. The MC happens to catch Chad and Troy kissing. I wouldn't be surprised now if the MC is suddenly confronted with the images of Chad blackmailing him at the gym. It would be the appropriate time for this to happen if the pictures showed Chad and/or Troy with Josy and/or Maya. Josy will then tell the MC to calm down. Somehow the 3 (Josy, Maya, MC) always have to calm each other down. Maya said this to Josy in EP6 when the MC told Josy about Tommy attacking. In EP7 the MC had to calm Maya down when Josy was raving about the HOT's. It would be time in EP8 for Josy to calm the MC down at the gym now.:unsure:

It's just a theory. Nothing more, nothing less.:rolleyes:

notme222

Jul 6, 2021
I know, the feeling (y), I keep warning people about Jill, but her simps are maintaining their denial. Thinking something like "That's not true" or "Udvariatlan!" ;)
Not me. I barely even know the meaning of the word!

Because ep 4 the Josy Maya part, is pure utter Garbage. There is no better word of it, it is the weakest shit in the entire game along with the Tybalt blackmail, and the choice between Jill and Sage.
The whole shit could have been solver right there in that moment when Josy arrive, but even if MC storms out of room.Josy and Maya not have a single conversation about WTF just happened and why, and they conveniently wait until the end of the episode. BULLSHIT HORRIBLE execution of a conclusion of a drama.
I agree. My reaction to Josy coming in at the end of Ep 3 was laughter. And I think if I were MC irl I would have fallen down laughing even harder. So the whole Chapter 4 reaction made no sense to me.

The only way it kind of works is if MC was being noble and got out of the way so they could reconcile. That's not quite how DPC played it, but that's how I choose to retcon.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
No it's not a misconception. Josy is the bolder one. There is only one case where she is not , the piercing. :p :ROFLMAO:
I have respect for Maya, for try to do things to achieve her goals, but let's not kid ourself, Without MC and Josy, she would fail, She would not go through with it. It is easier to her to make some bold choice when Josy and MC are the one who she has in her corner, but alone she would have failed, Maybe Josy would too but , Maya was not even Cunning enough to even considering cheating. Josy was. With or without MC help, Josy is the one who comes up with the idea to trick Quinn. the relationship between Maya and Josy exist because of Josy, She made the move on her.

Oh and another thing felicemastronzo . And this will be a Rant, I already apologize for it :ROFLMAO: .

Ironically, after ep 4, The Josy and Maya Stuff is back on track, regardless if it is the friendship path, or the threesome path, the scenes with them are good, the story is good, everything is fine. But how we get there, was horrible.

The same with the Tybalt blackmail, ep 6 was shit, but ep 7 made it Funny, thanks to Bella. and if its end with Jill kicks Tybalt's nuts, I say it was worth it.:ROFLMAO:
The choice between Jill and Sage, is still shit, but this could also change in episode 8.:unsure:

Do not argue. Josy and Maya have their good and bad sides. But they will never reach 100% in two. They have the MC for that.

To run away from problems is cowardly. You face your problems by looking for solutions.

Maya did more than just buy things for Quinn. Guess why Josy looked so scared when the two showed Arieth the videos. At the hangout, making out with a girl was crossed out, done, fulfilled on the list. The hangout was at the end of EP5. The first sex Josy and Maya had together at B&R was early EP6. Josy reacts very pissed at Quinn when she mentioned the list when appointing the HOT siblings. Why? Check out Maya Dorm's shelf in the last Freeroam event in EP3. Oops. A red lollipop. At the Car wash, Quinn grabs Josy and Maya's chest. Check out the different reactions of Josy and Maya. Josy is visibly outraged. But Maya has more of an indifferent expression on her face. Now guess with whom Maya probably did the job of making out with a girl. I could imagine that it was not entirely voluntary. As far as that Maya had only the easy tasks.

The mean of Patrick is actual, that the relationship by the separation of Josy and Maya could not grow further. The two need and want the MC.

Josy has two enormous advantages over Maya. Her studies are secured and her parents most likely don't know about her relationship with Maya. This allows her to act very differently than Maya. Maya, on the other hand, has much more to lose, namely her future. It is logical that Maya has to act more cautiously.

And this saying that Maya is just waiting for someone to help her is so ridiculous. Even Josy can't think of anything. The MC had at least a short-term solution ready.

Do you know why it will most likely work with the group? Because all three of them start working together. Josy and the MC talk to Sage and Maya opens up to her because she realizes that Josy and the MC are with her.

JohnQuid

Jul 4, 2018

I only played first 4 episodes (I'm waiting for the full second season), but I completely agree with the part about Maya and Josy. It's full of bullshit, zero logic, I just hate this part

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I only played first 4 episodes (I'm waiting for the full second season), but I completely agree with the part about Maya and Josy. It's full of bullshit, zero logic, I just hate this part
Just to be clear, I do not have problem with Josy and Maya being together and etc, or even with the ending of episode 3 when Josy arrive. I just don't like how episode 4 handled them.
MC promised to listen to Josy , but then he spent 2 day, 2 freaking day avoiding them, and the meantime Josy and Maya are not come to clean to each other either. Josy and Maya has 2 day to talk with each other, but until MC reveal their connection, they not talk about it at all. Meanwhile MC going around and fuck everything that moves, and canonically it would fit better if he was like I think let's just be friends, but the funny part is, once you enter their relationship, everything back to normal. :ROFLMAO:.
You of course don't know this because you said you only played the first season. But to be with them is actually fucking worth it (y). It is just how we get there, that is very questionable "writing". or as I like to say "poorly executed". :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Casmyr
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes