sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Zoey will not be the consolation prize. I rather think Zoey will be a drama. She will show up and interfere with an existing relationship between the MC and a LI.

She asked the MC to come with her. So there were more feelings about Zoey than just friendship. When the MC left after Zoey said goodbye, he thought to himself that maybe there was more than friendship there. He was just indecisive, as he so often is.

With Maya, the MC talked about the relationship he has with Zoey. This conversation also mentions that the MC doesn't really know what love is.

The MC told Isabella everything, but he also says that he doesn't know if it was just friendship or love.

When the MC talks to Sage after her breakup with Chad, there are 2 possibilities. In one, the MC tells Sage to be angry, etc, and then she should move on. The other option is a little different. The MC advises Sage to take her time and then confront Chad verbally. Sage then asks the MC if he has already done that. The answer is interesting. He says that he should have done it after the fact, but he missed his chance.

I always thought it had something to do with Josy and Maya until recently, but it doesn't because the MC talked to Josy and Maya. Ergo, that leaves Zoey.

Zoey reappears and confuses the MC.
You can also see it as Zoe being the MC's best friend and the one who knows him best after Neil.
Maybe she doesn't add drama, maybe she decompresses the drama that the MC creates with the LIs....
Plus the setting for her appearance could not be B&R, it would be the old town, Neil's house.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Zoey will not be the consolation prize. I rather think Zoey will be a drama. She will show up and interfere with an existing relationship between the MC and a LI.

She asked the MC to come with her. So there were more feelings about Zoey than just friendship. When the MC left after Zoey said goodbye, he thought to himself that maybe there was more than friendship there. He was just indecisive, as he so often is.

With Maya, the MC talked about the relationship he has with Zoey. This conversation also mentions that the MC doesn't really know what love is.

The MC told Isabella everything, but he also says that he doesn't know if it was just friendship or love.

When the MC talks to Sage after her breakup with Chad, there are 2 possibilities. In one, the MC tells Sage to be angry, etc, and then she should move on. The other option is a little different. The MC advises Sage to take her time and then confront Chad verbally. Sage then asks the MC if he has already done that. The answer is interesting. He says that he should have done it after the fact, but he missed his chance.

I always thought it had something to do with Josy and Maya until recently, but it doesn't because the MC talked to Josy and Maya. Ergo, that leaves Zoey.

Zoey reappears and confuses the MC.
Nah. Beside the things I already said, the fundamental difference between AL MC and his Ex, and MC and Zoe. The Players would not buy it. You spend 8 episode or more, 2 years, building a relationship with Jill for example, and its lead to a kind of love confession, only to Zoe show up later, and Suddenly MC is confused ?! Nah. Especially because Zoe was not a lingering feeling for MC , That was Josy. Zoe was never brought up beside that one background Story, and that it was, nothing more just a background Story. MC never give any vibe that he has unfinished business or lingering feeling toward her. This was the fundamental difference between Zoe, and Best Girl aka Josy . IF MC and Zoe was that serious, MC would act differently, try to keep in touch with her, visit her etc etc. But they Drifted apart very peacefully, Zoe even have a new Boyfriend.

Josy on the othehand was the Someone who MC was not ready to let Go. That is Why her arrival shaked the things up, not just with Maya, but also with Jill. Something MC still find weird and freak out about, is the developing relationship between Jill and Best Girl . Especially if He is "Dating" both of them :ROFLMAO:.

Zoe, may can return as a friend, visiting, and may be giving advice to MC, but even that would not feel natural for the Players. Because we do not have connection with Zoe.

Something like this could only work with someone like Sage. if Sage leave the game, and later many Chapter later she show up, that could cause believable "drama", but even that I think would be just like a Friend return to Help MC clear things up in his head.

In similar way like Anna returned to help Seth Cohen, in The O.C. :) .

poodles

Aug 7, 2017
I fucked up and don't have the right points to unlock a scene. Is there an easy way to fix this, or do i need to start a new game?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
You can also see it as Zoe being the MC's best friend and the one who knows him best after Neil.
Maybe she doesn't add drama, maybe she decompresses the drama that the MC creates with the LIs....
Plus the setting for her appearance could not be B&R, it would be the old town, Neil's house.
That, of course, is also possible. (y)
With Zoey, DPC has created a character who is actually good for both.:unsure:

Fanfiction:D

My favorite variation is that Josy and Zoey know each other, maybe were in a relationship before Josy started something with Maya. Zoey finds out about it and gets her revenge. Tommy, who likes to sniff Josy's nail polish, becomes the target of Zoey's revenge. She fucks Tommy and both are caught in flagrante delicto by Josy. Josy, of course, hates Tommy for this. Zoey can now no longer be seen with the two and makes herself to the MC ran. She fucks with the MC then always in the tree house of Tommy and watches Josy and Maya at the love game. But the fuckbuddy relationship of Zoey and the MC changes. Feelings come into play. Zoey leaves for this reason and asks the MC to come with her. She goes, he stays. Things are left unsaid. Josy and the MC fall in love and Maya comes along later. The MC enters into a committed relationship with Josy and Maya from EP7. He plans the Halloween party and they all celebrate it. But at the Halloween party Zoey shows up. Josy, Tommy and the MC realize that they have actually been connected for a while through Zoey. Zoey starts to fight for the MC. Logically, Josy and Maya don't like that (or any other LI). The MC has to decide what he wants at some point. Nice drama potential, with no LI having to die.

Reactions: dav3knight

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Nah. Beside the things I already said, the fundamental difference between AL MC and his Ex, and MC and Zoe. The Players would not buy it. You spend 8 episode or more, 2 years, building a relationship with Jill for example, and its lead to a kind of love confession, only to Zoe show up later, and Suddenly MC is confused ?! Nah. Especially because Zoe was not a lingering feeling for MC , That was Josy. Zoe was never brought up beside that one background Story, and that it was, nothing more just a background Story. MC never give any vibe that he has unfinished business or lingering feeling toward her. This was the fundamental difference between Zoe, and Best Girl aka Josy . IF MC and Zoe was that serious, MC would act differently, try to keep in touch with her, visit her etc etc. But they Drifted apart very peacefully, Zoe even have a new Boyfriend.

Josy on the othehand was the Someone who MC was not ready to let Go. That is Why her arrival shaked the things up, not just with Maya, but also with Jill. Something MC still find weird and freak out about, is the developing relationship between Jill and Best Girl . Especially if He is "Dating" both of them :ROFLMAO:.

Zoe, may can return as a friend, visiting, and may be giving advice to MC, but even that would not feel natural for the Players. Because we do not have connection with Zoe.

Something like this could only work with someone like Sage. if Sage leave the game, and later many Chapter later she show up, that could cause believable "drama", but even that I think would be just like a Friend return to Help MC clear things up in his head.

In similar way like Anna returned to help Seth Cohen, in The O.C. :) .
I need to get a little more serious.:geek:

THIS IS NOT AL.:devilish:
THIS THREAD IS FOR BEING A DIK.:devilish:

DPC itself has written that Being a Dik cannot be compared to AL.(y)

However, if Zoey is just a backstory, DPC has put in quite a lot of details. The many details actually show that it can't be a pure background story.

I also assume so that the appearance of Zoey, if the player wants it, will not destroy the existing relationship with another LI. It will just somewhat twirl the balls of the MC and/or the ovaries of a LI. Jealousy, in good measure, can be a spice of love.

When do you learn to appreciate something when you have something to lose. Maybe Zoey will trigger just that. :unsure:

For my MC, Sage is just a good friend. Ergo, she will never become a danger and/or drama for another LI. Actually, she could become more of a danger and/or drama for the MC if more than just a friendship develops between Maya and Sage. :eek::unsure:

If the player chooses only friendship with the MC, Zoey automatically becomes a backup to trigger just such a drama.:geek:

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I don't really understand the distinction... in the end the difference is only the age of the protagonist, because moments in which we are forced to moments of mental confusion, completely independent from our direct and indirect choices are not lacking even in BADIK (a boy who has always been bullied and thinks about dropping out of school because his roommate doesn't give him a cuddle, then he runs away in the middle of the night when faced with sentimental difficulties, suddenly he realizes that it's not okay for him to be fuckbuddy... etc etc)

you're right, definitely, it's alienating the whole post-fire AL part if you didn't care about the one left to burn, but I don't think the fourth chapter of BADIK for those not interested in Maya and Josy was all that much better an experience, all that much more engaging...

the big move, the big change in DPC is simply having rejuvenated the MC so that any excess is justified anyway?

this is what we all hope, but on Quinn, Riona (but also Bella and in part the trouple) the omens are not very happy, that cocaine will end up somewhere

and DPC with these fan expectations plays a lot with it, I don't think the axe in Bella's garage is random....
While I'm certainly not going to defend (objectively) the way BaDIK handled the Maya/Josy crisis in Episode 4, I do think it manages to beat out the... incident in AL.
  • The BaDIK MC is at least a decade older. A teenager overreacting to a failed romance (even one that never got off the ground) is a lot easier to swallow than a ~30 year old becoming a recluse because a friend died tragically.
  • We have far more control over the MC in BaDIK during his funk. Sure, the MC is still a moody git, but we get to make a few significant choices in between the forced actions - starting with the the three potential paths through the episode. We can advance alternative romances! We can rate asses! We can return to the Pink Rose and bang our distaff doppelganger! We can water plants! ... okay that last one may not actually be in BaDIK's favor. But I stand by the rest!
  • The tone of the game is worlds apart. I said AL wallows in the misery it unleashes, and I meant it. The MC is a broken man looking back on events from two years down the line, apparently having little to no contact with his friends in that time. In BaDIK, the MC is in his funk for 2 days, and his friends and acquaintances are all trying to lift his spirits - Jill even succeeds! (Hell, much as I dislike Jade, I thought her heart to heart for MC on her path was excellent.)
  • Sort of obvious, but the final act of AL was the end of the game, whereas Episode 4 was just the end of BaDIK's season. That means BaDIK had the chance to recover from its mistake, and by in large it has used that opportunity well (IMHO). For AL, there is no recovering from that faceplant.
  • Most importantly, the crisis in BaDIK is entirely rooted in the game itself: the MC's journey to adulthood, with all the bumps and bruises that normally entails. The crisis in AL, on he other hand, isn't about the MC connecting with new friends, it's about a serial killer we never knew existed killing someone the MC likes because she's batshit crazy. Not only does this mean that BaDIK's twist is a surprise rather than a blatant asspull, it also means BaDIK is well positioned to deal with the ramifications of the twist in the future. AL, in contrast, became a totally different game (including the near complete removal of game mechanics) because it was forced to grapple with something completely alien to what it had been doing for the first 6 episodes.

Let me disagree with you. Josy has done a lot of frivolous things.
1) For all the time she has never visited Maya.
2) She joined Hots contrary to Maya's opinion
3) She did not stand up for Maya in a conversation with Becky (are you her girlfriend or who?) But she kicked Tommy.
4) I will repeat again. Josy didn't come to college for Maya, but for MC. And she wanted TO BREAK UP WITH MAYA. She speaks directly in conversation with MC.
5)She goes to spend the night with MC(her ex) What?
Allow me to return the favor.
  • "All that time" was a week and a half. She obviously couldn't visit until Maya was at B&R, and for most of the first week Josy was probably hoping her acceptance would arrive any day.
  • She explicitly says she needs to talk the matter over with Maya before she joins the HOTs, and as far as we can tell Maya accepts the logic of her decision even if she doesn't like it. (Note that Maya does back off in class when Josy tells her not to take her frustrations out on her).
  • What's to defend? Becky never said anything bad about Maya. We don't even know for sure that she was lying about not remembering Maya. I suppose you could argue this makes Josy look self-absorbed, but it's not like having a girlfriend means you can't spend time with other people.
  • I mostly agree with this (though I think Josy intended to come clean to the MC and then decide what to do with his input), but I don't see how that counts as frivolous. While she was clearly thinking about ending the relationship, I see no evidence that Josy was doing so lightly.
  • Ummm... Maya asked the MC to let Josy sleep in his room. She was afraid of Patrick returning when her guard would be down.

This is why I think she'll return near the end of the game in order to be the catalyst for him to end several of the relationships and focus on just one LI
How would Zoey do that? I'd say the MC is already a lot more emotionally invested with the LIs than he was with Zoey (and a few of the side girls to boot). If he's still dating multiple girls when Zoey resurfaces, I doubt she'd make a dent in his thinking; more likely he'd just try and add her to his collection. :p

Besides, as ChipLecsap said, we already had this exact scenario in Episode 4. Sure, it was handled badly, but adding Zoey to the mix would not have solved the problems. (Plus, I feel like Jill's polaroid has claimed the role if we ever need an encore.)

I think if Zoey does return at a dramatic moment, it's more likely to be as a sounding board for the MC. She can give him objective advice while still knowing the MC and caring about his well being.

Last edited:

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
I think this MC is sterile, with the olympic pools of semen that discharge to the girls it is impossible not to get pregnant, his boys are very slow or the girls always go to the maximum of pills.
He hasn't been in college long enough yet for the girls to notice they've missed their periods, especially at the rate everybody's partying.
Zoey is established in the plot and can be brought in with minimal contrivance. As much as I’d like to see her as a full blown LI I suspect the best she will get is being the consolation prize if you fuck up every other route.

I'd accept that consolation prize. Hints of Jade in her appearance, and she was DTF in a treehouse, so many people are a bit more restrained than that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:sneaky:
See, people often imprint on their first sexual experiences. No wonder he's got a stocking fetish.

Reactions: shazba and dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
While I'm certainly not going to defend (objectively) the way BaDIK handled the Maya/Josy crisis in Episode 4, I do think it manages to beat out the... incident in AL.
  • The BaDIK MC is at least a decade older. A teenager overreacting to a failed romance (even one that never got off the ground) is a lot easier to swallow than a ~30 year old becoming a recluse because a friend died tragically.
  • We have far more control over the MC in BaDIK during his funk. Sure, the MC is still a moody git, but we get to make a few significant choices in between the forced actions - starting with the the three potential paths through the episode. We can advance alternative romances! We can rate asses! We can return to the Pink Rose and bang our distaff doppelganger! We can water plants! ... okay that last one may not actually be in BaDIK's favor. But I stand by the rest!
  • The tone of the game is worlds apart. I said AL wallows in the misery it unleashes, and I meant it. The MC is a broken man looking back on events from two years down the line, apparently having little to no contact with his friends in that time. In BaDIK, the MC is in his funk for 2 days, and his friends and acquaintances are all trying to lift his spirits - Jill even succeeds! (Hell, much as I dislike Jade, I thought her heart to heart for MC on her path was excellent.)
  • Sort of obvious, but the final act of AL was the end of the game, whereas Episode 4 was just the end of BaDIK's season. That means BaDIK had the chance to recover from its mistake, and by in large it has used that opportunity well (IMHO). For AL, there is no recovering from that faceplant.
  • Most importantly, the crisis in BaDIK is entirely rooted in the game itself: the MC's journey to adulthood, with all the bumps and bruises that normally entails. The crisis in AL, on he other hand, isn't about the MC connecting with new friends, it's about a serial killer we never knew existed killing someone the MC likes because she's batshit crazy. Not only does this mean that BaDIK's twist is a surprise rather than a blatant asspull, it also means BaDIK is well positioned to deal with the ramifications of the twist in the future. AL, in contrast, became a totally different game (including the near complete removal of game mechanics) because it was forced to grapple with something completely alien to what it had been doing for the first 6 episodes.

Allow me to return the favor.
  • "All that time" was a week and a half. She obviously couldn't visit until Maya was at B&R, and for most of the first week Josy was probably hoping her acceptance would arrive any day.
  • She explicitly says she needs to talk the matter over with Maya before she joins the HOTs, and as far as we can tell Maya accepts the logic of her decision even if she doesn't like it. (Note that Maya does back off in class when Josy tells her not to take her frustrations out on her).
  • What's to defend? Becky never said anything bad about Maya. We don't even know for sure that she was lying about not remembering Maya. I suppose you could argue this makes Josy look self-absorbed, but it's not like having a girlfriend means you can't spend time with other people.
  • I mostly agree with this (though I think Josy intended to come clean to the MC and then decide what to do with his input), but I don't see how that counts as frivolous. While she was clearly thinking about ending the relationship, I see no evidence that Josy was doing so lightly.
  • Ummm... Maya asked the MC to let Josy sleep in his room. She was afraid of Patrick returning when her guard would be down.

How would Zoey do that? I'd say the MC is already a lot more emotionally invested with the LIs than he was with Zoey (and a few of the side girls to boot). If he's still dating multiple girls when Zoey resurfaces, I doubt she'd make a dent in his thinking; more likely he'd just try and add her to his collection. :p

Besides, as ChipLecsap said, we already had this exact scenario in Episode 4. Sure, it was handled badly, but adding Zoey to the mix would not have solved the problems. (Plus, I feel like Jill's polaroid has claimed the role if we ever need an encore.)

I think if Zoey does return at a dramatic moment, it's more likely to be as a sounding board for the MC. She can give him objective advice while still knowing the MC and caring about his well being.
I agree with you 100% on the first part. (y)

But you are also underestimating Zoey. Of course the MC is more emotional with the other LI's right now than with Zoey. But here's the thing.:unsure:

Zoey has known the MC much, much longer and thus better than all the other LI's combined. It's a little over 3 years that Zoey has spent with the MC. No LI can come close to that amount of time. She has the potential to be a danger to the LI's.:rolleyes:

It is solely up to the MC (player) to decide what the MC will or will not do with Zoey when she reappears. :unsure:

It may also be that Zoey ends up being a good friend who helps the MC through difficult times and/or problems.:rolleyes:

DPC wrote in an EP8 status report that he has been looking forward to creating a scene for 2 years. That actually falls within the time frame of Zoey's review.:D

crunchycake

Jun 3, 2020
I had the same feeling about Sage after that scene. Really thought she chose MC for real and then you see her looking at Chad. Maybe the thruth about Chad will tip the scale but at this moment she still sees MC as a fuckbuddy eventhough he was there for her several times without benefit!!!
Yeah... Especially when she told MC that she would not hesitate to play dirty in order to "win" (the swimming pool scene if MC stays with Sage in EP4). Along with that abandoned puppy face when she saw Chad left the party in EP7, I can't really shake off the sense that Sage was using MC to achieve something instead of trying to develop a healthy relationship with him.

Of cause, it's up to DPC that if MC can truly win Sage over/help her to leave Chad behind after all.

Reactions: Klopdwerg

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

But you are also underestimating Zoey. Of course the MC is more emotional with the other LI's right now than with Zoey. But here's the thing.:unsure:

Zoey has known the MC much, much longer and thus better than all the other LI's combined. It's a little over 3 years that Zoey has spent with the MC. No LI can come close to that amount of time. She has the potential to be a danger to the LI's.:rolleyes:

It is solely up to the MC (player) to decide what the MC will or will not do with Zoey when she reappears. :unsure:

It may also be that Zoey ends up being a good friend who helps the MC through difficult times and/or problems.:rolleyes:

DPC wrote in an EP8 status report that he has been looking forward to creating a scene for 2 years. That actually falls within the time frame of Zoey's review.:D
I think you wildly overestimate that relationship.

Reactions: ename144

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Let me add my dime's worth into this debate.

Zoey can never come back and expect to be a side girl.

She fucked the mc. They split up. She's off fucking some other dude. Then she comes back? Hello?! NTR much!!? :eek:

:p

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes