RonWeasleyJr

Sep 23, 2018
I did it! I finally found a flaw in DPC's writing!

I did a speed run where MC was a complete asshole to Sage the entire time: not introducing himself, not helping her when Chad grabs her arm, calling her superficial, blanking on her name, chastising her for Chad stealing the guitar, not giving her guitar lessons, telling her he'd stop by and then blowing her off to date Jill, etc.

And in Episode 8, Sage STILL tells Bella that MC is "a great guy."

walker188

Apr 30, 2017

I did a speed run where MC was a complete asshole to Sage the entire time: not introducing himself, not helping her when Chad grabs her arm, calling her superficial, blanking on her name, chastising her for Chad stealing the guitar, not giving her guitar lessons, telling her he'd stop by and then blowing her off to date Jill, etc.

She was being sarcastic. Duh.

DPC has flaws. But Sage is immaculate.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DirtyMario

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020

Episode 8 :WaitWhat:

Coinzell

Jul 15, 2017

"Finally found"? There are many flaws in his writings once you get rid of the pink glasses

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
In season 1, Sage was every bit the DIK character that Jill was the CHICK character......

I won't claim to know DPC's vision, but i think its important for a character driven game to have characters with arcs and layers.

The issue is the game is built along a linear scale, and people and characters don't work like that. You referenced Star Wars and its the same problem. Anakin Skywalker and Darth Sidious are both 'Sith' but they have vastly different MO's and desires and even tactics. Sidious is a sociopathic, schemer, who is defined by ambition and hatred. Anakin is a psychotic, self hating powerhouse, defined by his repeated mistake of giving into his anger when he shouldn't have, each time ruining his life more and more. They're both Sith, but they're nothing alike. They don't follow the same philosophy. Vader wants connection and redemption. Sidious just wants more power. Vader is ruthless, but cold. Sidious is almost capricious. He delights in torture and revels in sadism. While Vader would kill an underling for failure, Sidious would make him think he was being spared and then slowly destroy him for days after to amuse himself. Its not that these aren't 'bad' guys, its that a linear scale of dark side vs light, doesn't do them justice. People are complicated.

Similarly, Sage is more layered than just, she likes Diks. From her first scenes with the MC, its clear she wants emotional connection (chick), she was someone who wants her. She expresses it in a dikish way, she wants a partner in crime to fuck in public places with, she wants someone who challenges her, but she isn't running around fucking everything that moves, without remorse, or getting back at Chad out of pure spite (like Tommy would). Sage is probably more neutral in her outlook, with Dikish ways of expressing it.

Contrast with Quinn, who spends most of the first few chapters manipulating or tormenting the MC. She's a loner, afraid to let anyone close, lest they hurt her. But at the same time she has moments when her vulnerability shines through. She's more dikish outlook, BUT she also has very Chickish expressions herself. She sees the MC as a way to make money (or so she tells herself), so she texts him, takes care of him when he's on drugs, breaks the rules for him, lets him under her skin.

Then take someone like Arieth. Arieth is stupid. But shes also straight Dik. Bump her IQ up 10- just kidding 30 points so shes above room temperature. Arieth is a fucking monster. She not only fucks everything that moves, but she is actively trying to sleep with guys with girlfriends, even friends of hers like Elena's boyfriend. Arieth is what pure Dik looks like. She has selfish, Dikish goals and entices and pressures people into sleeping with her, all but harrasing Caleb and any new guys she decides she wants, stalking them at times. The problem with a character like that is two fold, first they are a monster. Its pretty hard to sympathize or desire a selfish person who doesn't care about anyone, and does whatever they want all the time. So DPC used a classic trick of making a monstrous character absolutely retarded, and by doing so they become sympathic instead of terrifying. The other problem is such one dimensional characters are BORING. Who wants a person that you know everything about them in the first five minutes? Villains are interesting when they do the unexpected, not when they revel in more villainy. Heroes are interesting when they have flaws, not when they are untested shining paragons. Jill, ironically has the same problem for me, shes a mary sue of a character, who has recently been given a 'flaw' of being borderline mentally challenged stupid. But other than that shes basically perfect. Thats not very interesting.

All the characters have a range of goals and methods that exist in a range from massive chick to massive Dik. And within themselves, they have layers and growth that allow them to swim in the different areas of their ranges. Josy may like a bad boy who fingers her in class, but she wouldn't want the MC to sell drugs. Sage may want to be more than fuck buddies with you, but that doesn't mean she won't stop calling you 3 out of 5, just to wind you up (probably so you'll fuck her hard against a wall next time). Quinn may let you spend the night, one night, but hurt you're friends the next day, because she has layers. Bella may be all about protecting Jill from boys who use girls JUST LIKE YOU, but she lets you inside her, because she hasn't felt intimate with someone in YEARS, again, layers.

tl;dr

Characters in good writing are more than RP giving for Dik or chick actions. DPC is a good writer who can mostly balance the needs of the story and the functionality of the game.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
I really hope there is a lewd scenes with Rosy even if they reject mc for being a dik in chapter 3. We can still flirt and gain RP with her in chap 6/7 and I wasted my inheritance money to sign up to the gym just because of her. It better be worth it.

Reactions: shazba

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
I really hope there is a lewd scenes with Rosy even if they reject mc for being a dik in chapter 3. We can still flirt and gain RP with her in chap 6/7 and I wasted my inheritance money to sign up to the gym just because of her. It better be worth it.
You arent the only one, im waiting for Josy solo path since ep4 ended.

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
Its gotta be coming, right? That bit in episode 5 where MC has the choice to tell Derek he's still in love with either Maya or Josy sticks out to me as laying the groundwork for the solo paths of M/J.

Reactions: NukaCola

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Its gotta be coming, right? That bit in episode 5 where MC has the choice to tell Derek he's still in love with either Maya or Josy sticks out to me as laying the groundwork for the solo paths of M/J.
I mean I do have a chick saves that I can romance both of them but I just don't like being with Maya that is all. Josy solo path however is ok.

Reactions: tipsytopsy

tipsytopsy

Sep 6, 2021
I mean I do have a chick saves that I can romance both of them but I just don't like being with Maya that is all. Josy solo path however is ok.
I like 'em both, to be honest. (I am a Bella simp, though.) Josy just seems the right girl to end with narratively, to me. She's the one we start with, and after all the drama and other girls, she's the one we end with.

Nov 13, 2019

It's called daddy issues. Can you see the irony in her name? Sage is used to cleanse and ward off evil spirits, yet all she does is invite trouble to herself. It breaks my heart, the girl clearly doesn't live up to her namesake but i'm sure you knew all this. She is still better than Jill though.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
You arent the only one, im waiting for Josy solo path since ep4 ended.
I like 'em both, to be honest. (I am a Bella simp, though.) Josy just seems the right girl to end with narratively, to me. She's the one we start with, and after all the drama and other girls, she's the one we end with.
Ever since the mc had the talk with Maya and Josy and they rejected him, or he decided to go his own way, Josy has shown signs of regret/conflict.

If you follow Josy after she's caught up with her dad, she has a bit of a meltdown and tells the mc she wanted to choose both him and Maya but she was scared of losing both so she just went with what she thought Maya and the mc wanted.

It's interesting, but it seems she's actually afraid that Maya and the mc will end up together. The fact that Maya, a supposed lesbian, has fallen for the mc, makes Josy think the mc must be really special to Maya, and that scares her. What if they push her out?

The diary entry at the end of that scene is:

"I talked to Josy about her and Maya. I think she had more feelings for me than she let on before. Even so, she's with Maya now."

If, back in episode 5, you told Derek you had feelings for Josy, later in episode 7, if you choose to comfort Josy the night that Patrick arrives, she gets all awkward, and admits she still has feelings for the mc, but tells him she doesn't want to be a cheater again (that means she's acknowledging that she cheated on Maya with the mc).

"I comforted Josy, and that made her emotional. She still has feelings for me."

I would hope, after all that, there is still a chance for the mc and Josy too. It most likely means heartbreak for Maya, but, what ya gonna do...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Ever since the mc had the talk with Maya and Josy and they rejected him, or he decided to go his own way, Josy has shown signs of regret/conflict.

If you follow Josy after she's caught up with her dad, she has a bit of a meltdown and tells the mc she wanted to choose both him and Maya but she was scared of losing both so she just went with what she thought Maya and the mc wanted.

It's interesting, but it seems she's actually afraid that Maya and the mc will end up together. The fact that Maya, a supposed lesbian, has fallen for the mc, makes Josy think the mc must be really special to Maya, and that scares her. What if they push her out?

"I talked to Josy about her and Maya. I think she had more feelings for me than she let on before. Even so, she's with Maya now."

If, back in episode 5, you told Derek you had feelings for Josy, later in episode 7, if you choose to comfort Josy the night that Patrick arrives, she gets all awkward, and admits she still has feelings for the mc, but tells him she doesn't want to be a cheater again (that means she's acknowledging that she cheated on Maya with the mc).

"I comforted Josy, and that made her emotional. She still has feelings for me."

I would hope, after all that, there is still a chance for the mc and Josy too. It most likely means heartbreak for Maya, but, what ya gonna do...
do you doubt that there will be this possibility?

It's true that in the end all this path is linked to a single choice (for me it remains very questionable to tell Derek that we "still" want to steal the girl from his sister...) in the fifth chapter, but surely it will lead somewhere

dma41

Oct 12, 2021
hola gente necesito su ayuda, descargue el archivo beinadik-0.7.0-pc-lin.zip, descomprima, juegue, cierre, abra de nuevo y haga que mi pc entre en reparación de Windows, ¿alguien sabe algo? ¿será solo para linux? Yo estaba emocionado !!

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
do you doubt that there will be this possibility?

It's true that in the end all this path is linked to a single choice (for me it remains very questionable to tell Derek that we "still" want to steal the girl from his sister...) in the fifth chapter, but surely it will lead somewhere
It's hard to know what DPC is planning.

On one hand he's clearly laid it out that Bella, Sage, Maya, Josy and Jill are the main love interests, with their progressions and milestones shown at the end of each episode. This is possibly done so we don't get our hopes up for characters that were never going to amount to much (since there are so many fuckable girls in this game).

But on the other hand, the mc can develop quite an advanced relationship with Quinn, and Sage is even encouraging it. After all that effort, will this relationship go nowhere?

Also, the fact that no matter what you've done all the way up to episode 7, suddenly Sage can become available, even if you've been avoiding her like the plague. This is definitely unorthodox from my experience in these games.

Then we have this one incident with Cathy that seemingly has ended the mc's relationship with Bella. Is it definitely over, or is it just going to cool off for a bit and then be back on again (I mean the beast inside Bella has awakened, who's she gonna turn to if not the mc?)

So will Maya and Josy eventually break up? Will it be inevitable or will it be due to the mc's involvement if he is still pursuing one of them? Is there still hope for getting back into the throuple?

So yeah, I am expecting a couple relationship with Maya or Josy, going back to the way things were before the mc knew the two girls were involved. I'm just not really looking forward to the angsty breakup that will precede this eventuality.

Unless of course one of them just dies, that would make things easy, and quite original too. :p

4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes